OM Mentoring Program

{co-run with Snaquaza ; approved by The Immortal and Eevee general}
Art by Sparkl3y
Welcome to the OM Mentoring Program! This is a program being hosted by Snaquaza and unfixable, with the aid of Eevee General and The Immortal. This program aims to pair trusted, active members of our community who are what we consider the best of their tiers. These programs will last in increments of two weeks, with two days for each sign up thread. Our purpose is to get more people active in OMs and raise new and prominent battlers from the dust, and we hope you can make friends as well! Our pairings will be selected by Snaquaza and I (unfixable), as we'll most likely know these mentors. We'll try and pair everyone up with their best fit!

Each round will have phases of sign ups and actual mentoring. These phases will go as so:
  • Step One - Sign Ups [Mentor]
    • This is the portion where anyone who would like to apply to be a mentor will post in the thread with their credentials. This portion lasts three days.
  • Step Two - Sign Ups [Mentees]
    • This is the portion where anyone who would like to be mentored will post saying which tier they'd like to be mentored in. Do note that not everyone will be able to get picked! Anyone not picked will receive priority in the following rounds. This portion lasts three days.
  • Step Three - Mentoring
    • This will be a two week long portion where the mentee and the mentor interact and... well, get mentored!
  • Step Four - Feedback
    • Lasting for 24 hours after the two weeks, all mentees are free to PM both Snaquaza and I (unfixable) with feedback on their mentor. It's not required, but it's highly recommended so that we can ensure our mentors are up to quality.
  • Step Five - Cooldown
    • This portion is just what it sounds like: the cooldown. After the three full weeks of each round, we'll need a cooldown; this cooldown lasts for 48 hours, then we reboot and begin again.
This thread will be for Mentor signups. Mentors have to be users who are active, helpful, and intelligent. They have to have knowledge of the metagame they wish to mentor, and they must not flake out. These users must be willing to complete the two weeks of mentoring and should be able to teach as well. The users we pick will have to be patient and respected as well. This mentor sign up thread will occur every round, and we'll keep the same mentors; however, we'll offer the chance for new mentors to be added every round following this one. In this thread, please post the following:

Username:
Timezone:
Tiers [that you would like to mentor]:
[Must pick from: STABmons / Almost Any Ability / Balanced Hackmons / Monotype / PU] (note: picking only one increases your chance of being picked!)
Why you want to be a mentor:

POST YOUR APPLICATION HERE: LINK.

The mentors we pick will be up to Snaquaza, Eevee General, The Immortal, and my (unfixable) own opinions. Snaquaza and I will pick five mentors from each tier, provided we get that many users signing up, and we will then run them by Eevee and Immortal to ensure they're good fits; however, if five users do not sign up and we deem one of the under five unfit to mentor, we hold the right to only pick say 2 out of the 3. All selected mentors will be given a "test" to ensure they know the tier and how to teach it. Snaquaza and I will pick with our own unbiased opinions and are looking for users who have demonstrated knowledge of the tier, patience, ability to teach, and kindness.

This thread will be locked for a few days to allow Mentor profiles, then will be opened for Mentees to sign up.

If you've read everything in this post and understand the rules and details, please feel free to now post your applications! If you have any questions regarding any part of this program, feel free to PM me (unfixable) or Snaquaza.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:

Illusio

Bold and Brash
Name: Flying Types Rule
Tier you wish to learn: Monotype
Timezone: GMT -5
A sentence or two about yourself: Hi, I'm FTR. I'm voiced in the Other Metas room, and actually the first meta I ever played was Monotype.

Also, free 1v1

dhelmise

banend doosre
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
its GasQuake not @Gasquakee

Name: Langur Rhythms
Tier: BH/STABmons
Timezone: The same as IL and unfixable (GMT -7)
Sentence: I am a boy. I am a Crawdaunt lover. I suck at BH and STABmons and I must know more.

Name: LiberalLucario
Tier: PU!
Timezone: GMT -5
Sentence: I'm an avid UU player, former driver of the UU room and want to learn this tier cuz it sounds cool n_n

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
its GasQuake not @Gasquakee

Name: Langur Rhythms
Tier: BH/STABmons
Timezone: The same as IL and unfixable (GMT -7)
Sentence: I am a boy. I am a Crawdaunt lover. I suck at BH and STABmons and I must know more.
Gasquakee has two e's, it was right the first time

Name: New Old Competitor
Tiers: STABmons, Tier Shift, Balanced Hackmons
Timezone: EST (GMT -5)
Sentence: I am a sociopath who is all other the place in terms of strategy. I've gone from weather offense to stall, and back again.

Omega-Xis

Mauville's Own
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Name: Omega-Xis14
Tier You Wish To Learn: AAA or STABmons
Timezone: GMT -7
Sentence: I primarily do Monotype, but would like to learn the other OMs. I'm pretty laid back and am open to pretty much any playstyle and would like to learn how they function in different OMs.

Freeroamer

The greatest story of them all.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
Name: FreeRoamer
Tier You Wish To Learn: STABmons
Timezone: GMT
Sentence: I'm a mod in Monotype, and I'd class myself as a pretty decent battler in the tiers that I play, however I've never really been that much of a success in STABmons, despite loving the concept of the metagame, as the teams I always make seem to get easily swept by one thing or another. Definitely a tier I'd love to get more experienced in.

Name: woodboys23
Tier you wish to learn: AAA
Timezone: GMT -8
A sentence or two about yourself: I have been in the OM room for about 8 months and i really like to be creative

Name: Arkeat
Tier: PU
Timezone:
GMT-5
Sentence: I am very new to competitive battling, and my friends introduced me to PU. I want to get better at battling within the tier as I still have to learn some of the basics of competitive Pokemon.

Name:Tyranisaur
Tier:PU
Timezone:Pacific
Sentence:Well i was aiming to be a PU mentor but I might get it next time if I learn more about the tier :D

Name: Dirpz
Tier You Wish To Learn: AAA
Timezone: EST
Sentence: I normally play monotype I would enjoy trying out AAA. I have tried monotype AAA I had fun with a Rain Grass team. I am open to trying new play styles as well.

Name: ajernejcic
Tier you wish to learn: PU
Timezone: EST
A sentence or two about yourself: I usually play LC but decided to try out PU one day and found it really fun, and lots of sets were interesting. I would very much like to learn more about it

Name: vanderlylic
Tier you wish to learn: Monotype
Timezone: +10/+11 GMT
A sentence or two about yourself: I've been playing Monotype for about 2 months and would like to learn more about different types and styles.

Name: From Azelea Town
Tier you wish to learn: PU
Timezone: EET
A sentence or two about yourself: I mostly play monotype but PU has always interested me since its beginning. I would be a complete new rookie who hasn't played PU ever.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)