OMFL V - Manager Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akeras

We've got to get in to get out
is a Social Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
1716379593487.png

Really Nice Art by DaWolfKid

Hello everyone! We are pleased to announce that manager signups for OMFL V are now open. If you would like to manage, please read the following details before signing up.
  • There will be 4-8 teams and each team will have one manager.
    • Managers can choose to signup with a co-manager.
  • Managers are required to participate in the auction to draft their players.
  • People who manage in OMPL XII can't manage in OMFL.
  • Managers will have a budget of 100k and can purchase themselves for their teams for 13.5k if they desire to do so.
    • Co-managers can also be purchased for the same price as managers (13.5k)
    • All manager purchases must be sent to the hosts (BoingK, Akeras, velvet) before the draft, and all of them will be announced in the administrative thread when that goes up.
  • Managers must select their lineup for the week and send it to the hosts before the week starts. This has been an issue on occasion in past OMFLs, so if you don't think you can do this for the duration of OMFL V (it's honestly not that complicated), do not sign up.
  • Managers are responsible for their team's behavior. Make sure members of your team are abiding by the rules and remain active.
  • Managers are expected to facilitate substitutions when necessary.
If you can commit for the next two months or so, go ahead and sign up with your prospective team name. Managers will be decided within one week, after 10 PM GMT -4 on Sunday, May 26th.

TEMPLATE FOR SIGNING UP:

Code:
Team Name : Kakuna-Sama : Love is War
Manager: @Akeras
Co-Manager: @BoingK (or type N/A if not applicable to you)
Team Mascot: (Pokemon ONLY): Kakuna
(Briefly explain any experience/reasoning for why you think you'd be a good pick)
If you don't use this format, we will ignore your signup.

SV Almost Any Ability
SV Balanced Hackmons
SV STABmons
SV Mix and Mega
SV Godly Gift
SV Partners in Crime
SV Inheritance
Best of Three (AAA / STAB / MnM)

zastra

勝つ
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Psycho Psyducks with SpaceSpeakers
1716380271153.png

Here's why we should be picked
SpaceSpeakers brings a unique blend of creativity and enthusiasm to their managerial role, making them an invaluable asset to any team in the OM Farm League. Their innovative approach to strategy often leads to the development of unexpected and effective tactics that give their team a competitive edge. Known for their high energy and motivational presence, SpaceSpeakers has a natural ability to inspire and uplift their teammates, fostering a spirited and determined team culture. Their deep understanding of various OMs allows them to provide insightful guidance and develop comprehensive strategies tailored to each specific metagame. SpaceSpeakers' adaptability is another key strength, as they can swiftly adjust to evolving circumstances and refine their tactics in response to opponents' moves. This flexibility, combined with their supportive nature, ensures that team members not only improve their individual skills but also feel encouraged and confident in their collective efforts. Overall, SpaceSpeakers' dynamic and innovative management style makes them an excellent choice for leading a successful and cohesive team in the OM Farm League.

As for me as a manager, I believe my leadership and strategic prowess make me an ideal fit for guiding a team in the OM Farm League. My primary focus is on creating a positive and collaborative atmosphere where every team member feels valued and motivated. I take pride in my organizational skills, ensuring that practices, schedules, and strategies are meticulously planned. This approach helps our team stay well-prepared and cohesive. My passion for the game and dedication to our team's success drive me to put in the effort needed to develop detailed game plans and maintain supportive communication with all members. I strive to remain calm under pressure, which allows me to make well-considered decisions, guiding our team effectively through high-stakes matches. My knack for problem-solving and adaptability enables me to navigate the dynamic and often unpredictable nature of OMs, ensuring that we can tackle any challenge that comes our way. By fostering a supportive environment and encouraging open communication, I aim to bring out the best in our team, leading us to success in the OM Farm League.

Overall, the combination of my organizational skills, leadership, and strategic thinking with SpaceSpeakers' creativity, enthusiasm, and adaptability makes us a formidable managerial duo for the OM Farm League.

we both managed psyducks in AAAPL and reached playoffs, only losing to the unfairly cracked team that won the tour. i have also managed ndotsl and space has probably managed something else too idk. we are both active members of the OM community and OMPL players, with space also playing in OMWC. overall, we are active, we know the playerbase, and we have worked together in the past. our teamcord will be funny and competitive and we will win this tour :pimp:
:smogduck::smogduck:

SpaceSpeakers

I don't see nobody but you.
is a Tiering Contributor
Confirming
Psycho Psyducks with SpaceSpeakers
View attachment 634717
Here's why we should be picked
SpaceSpeakers brings a unique blend of creativity and enthusiasm to their managerial role, making them an invaluable asset to any team in the OM Farm League. Their innovative approach to strategy often leads to the development of unexpected and effective tactics that give their team a competitive edge. Known for their high energy and motivational presence, SpaceSpeakers has a natural ability to inspire and uplift their teammates, fostering a spirited and determined team culture. Their deep understanding of various OMs allows them to provide insightful guidance and develop comprehensive strategies tailored to each specific metagame. SpaceSpeakers' adaptability is another key strength, as they can swiftly adjust to evolving circumstances and refine their tactics in response to opponents' moves. This flexibility, combined with their supportive nature, ensures that team members not only improve their individual skills but also feel encouraged and confident in their collective efforts. Overall, SpaceSpeakers' dynamic and innovative management style makes them an excellent choice for leading a successful and cohesive team in the OM Farm League.

As for me as a manager, I believe my leadership and strategic prowess make me an ideal fit for guiding a team in the OM Farm League. My primary focus is on creating a positive and collaborative atmosphere where every team member feels valued and motivated. I take pride in my organizational skills, ensuring that practices, schedules, and strategies are meticulously planned. This approach helps our team stay well-prepared and cohesive. My passion for the game and dedication to our team's success drive me to put in the effort needed to develop detailed game plans and maintain supportive communication with all members. I strive to remain calm under pressure, which allows me to make well-considered decisions, guiding our team effectively through high-stakes matches. My knack for problem-solving and adaptability enables me to navigate the dynamic and often unpredictable nature of OMs, ensuring that we can tackle any challenge that comes our way. By fostering a supportive environment and encouraging open communication, I aim to bring out the best in our team, leading us to success in the OM Farm League.

Overall, the combination of my organizational skills, leadership, and strategic thinking with SpaceSpeakers' creativity, enthusiasm, and adaptability makes us a formidable managerial duo for the OM Farm League.

we both managed psyducks in AAAPL and reached playoffs, only losing to the unfairly cracked team that won the tour. i have also managed ndotsl and space has probably managed something else too idk. we are both active members of the OM community and OMPL players, with space also playing in OMWC. overall, we are active, we know the playerbase, and we have worked together in the past. our teamcord will be funny and competitive and we will win this tour :pimp:
:smogduck::smogduck:

Gimmicky

It's so obvious, I'm your number one
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Team Name : Shadow Tag Spectriers
Manager: Gimmicky
Co-Manager: Slither Wing
Team Mascot: (Pokemon ONLY): Spectrier
(Briefly explain any experience/reasoning for why you think you'd be a good pick): We're both very active OM community members with expansive metagame and community knowledge, Slither Wing is an OM C&C Moderator and AAA councilmember with a bevy of tour experience (soon to include the ongoing OMPL) and some fantastic results including OM Majors Playoffs and qualifying for OMGS, a semifinalist position in AAA Open, and top 8 in all of STAB Open, MnM Open, and AAALT. Meanwhile, I'm an OM Room Driver, have plenty of team tour experience including reaching AAAPL I playoffs, second place in OMFL IV, and being drafted for Northeast in OMWC VI, an AAA QC member, and currently providing support for an OMPL Team as well.

Untitled28_20240520155058.png

Last edited:

Slither Wing

used First Impression!
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Team Name : Shadow Tag Spectriers
Manager: Gimmicky
Co-Manager: Slither Wing
Team Mascot: (Pokemon ONLY): Spectrier
(Briefly explain any experience/reasoning for why you think you'd be a good pick): We're both very active OM community members with expansive metagame and community knowledge, Slither Wing is an OM C&C Moderator with a bevy of tour experience and some fantastic results, while I'm an OM Driver with some team tour experience of my own.

View attachment 634720
Confirming ^_^

Seraphz

Luck is needed ⌇
is a Tiering Contributor
Team Name : Mewing Mews
Manager: Seraphz
Co-Manager: Skyiew
Team Mascot: (Pokemon ONLY): Mew :Mew:
(Briefly explain any experience/reasoning for why you think you'd be a good pick)
I have experience as a manager in some tournaments such as PTPL, RUGL, BDSPPPL, NDWC, ZUWC and DOU Derby.
and Sky is the Ubers goat (future main AAA).
Even though we are not active in the community we like OM metas and we can make a great team!

Team Name : Mewing Mews
Manager: Seraphz
Co-Manager: Skyiew
Team Mascot: (Pokemon ONLY): Mew :Mew:
I have experience as a manager in some tournaments such as PTPL, RUGL, BDSPPPL, NDWC, ZUWC and DOU Derby.
and Sky is the Ubers goat (future main AAA).
Even though we are not active in the community we like OM metas and we can make a great team!
confirming.

Team Name : Handsomes Harcanine
Manager: Maybca☆〜ゝ。∂
Co-Manager: Les2BG
Team Mascot: (Pokemon ONLY): Arcanine Hisui :arcanine-hisui:
Maybca has performed well in the majority of OMs and has experience as a manager, he managed the last OMPL for example, , having already won the UMPL. We were both picked for the OMPL. I'm a member of the GG council, and I finished 2nd and 3rd respectively at the last GG SSNL and GG Open, and I also made the semi-finals at the PiC Open.

Last edited:
Team Name : Handsomes Harcanine
Manager: Maybca☆〜ゝ。∂
Co-Manager: Les2BG
Team Mascot: (Pokemon ONLY): Arcanine Hisui :arcanine-hisui:
Maybca has performed well in the majority of OMs and has experience as a manager, he managed the last OMPL for example, , having already won the UMPL. We were both picked for the OMPL. I'm a member of the GG council, and I finished 2nd and 3rd respectively at the last GG SSNL and GG Open, and I also made the semi-finals at the PiC Open.
Confirming

Team Name : The Salty Stoners
Manager: XxLazzerpenguinxX
Co-Manager: Marsopa Trump & Test Rex
Team Mascot: (Pokemon ONLY): Garganacl :Garganacl:

I have previously managed an OMPL and OMFL team. I was previously BH tier leader, and have hosted tours before. Additionally, I have participated as a player in OMPL, OMWC, and OMFL. When I did manage an OMFL team with TTTech, we went undefeated and won it all. Despite both me and Rex being BH players mainly, I am moderately familiar with all metagames and can support there.

Rex has previously participated in OMPL and OMFL as well (he let me know that he did in fact go 7-0 haha). While Rex doesn't haven't any managing experience, I can personally vouch for him and say that he is very excited to manage (he reached out to me originally), and is genuinely an incredibly kind and supportive person :)

Last edited:
Team Name : The Salty Stoners
Manager: XxLazzerpenguinxX
Co-Manager: Marsopa Trump & Test Rex
Team Mascot: (Pokemon ONLY): Garganacl :Garganacl:

I have previously managed an OMPL and OMFL team. I was previously BH tier leader, and have hosted tours before. Additionally, I have participated as a player in OMPL, OMWC, and OMFL. When I did manage an OMFL team with TTTech, we went undefeated and won it all. Despite both me and Rex being BH players mainly, I am moderately familiar with all metagames and can support there.

Rex has previously participated in OMPL and OMFL as well (we let me know that he did in fact go 7-0 haha). While Rex doesn't haven't any managing experience, I can personally vouch for him and say that he is very excited to manage (he reached out to me originally), and is genuinely an incredibly kind and supportive person :)
I confirm I am co-managing

Osake

NOUS CHANTONS L'OCEAN LE BLEU AZUR
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Team name : Oshawott's Up
Manager : Palapapop
Co-manager : Osake
Team Mascot : Oshawott :sv/oshawott: (the goat)

Logo : tbd if we have more budget

Palapapop managed and brought the Wiggly Family to OMPL's final last year despite having Dragonillis as a co-manager and I believe it speaks for itself ; I've been in the same team than TectonicDestroyer many (too many) times and I'm still (relatively?) mentally sane which proves I can handle pretty much everyone, also our mascot is the cutest mon in the game therefore you can give us the trophy already tyvm

:manaphy::manaphy::manaphy::manaphy::manaphy::manaphy::manaphy::manaphy::manaphy::manaphy::manaphy::manaphy:

Team Name : Manaphy Fanclub
Manager: matte
Co-Managers: BijouMode and GlalieGoesBoom
Team Mascot: (Pokemon ONLY): manapipi

:manaphy::manaphy::manaphy::manaphy::manaphy::manaphy::manaphy::manaphy::manaphy::manaphy::manaphy::manaphy:

Bijou, Glalie, and I should be chosen as an OMFL managerial trio, as we have a unique blend of talents and knowledge, paired with the fact that we have a deep knowledge of the community and various metagames involved in this tour. I have in-depth understanding of AAA, being drafted in OMPL and OMWC. I've got other experience in tours such as UWC and SMPL, alongside being a Top Team Rater, able to evaluate and improve on people's builds, a useful trait for a manager to have. All of use are capable teambuilders, having teams recorded in samples and peaks.

Glalie has a variety of achievements, coming top 8 in AAALT and being drafted to OMPL, while also being one of the foremost builders AAA builders in the tier, most commonly known for popularizing stall and peaking at 1700+ on the AAA ladder. Bijou also has a bevy of accomplishments, from being on the Inheritance council, to excelling in OMWC, and getting to the quarterfinals of the AAA Open, the playoffs of AAALT and qualifying for OMGS.

We're all extremely versatile in our skills and abilities, being able to thoroughly support our players, and are motivated to win this OMFL!
manahappy.gif

Last edited:

BijouMode

i'm dying of thirst
is a Tiering Contributor

Co-Manager: BijouMode GlalieGoesBoom

Bijou, Glalie, and I should be chosen as an OMFL managerial trio, as we have a unique blend of talents and knowledge, paired with the fact that we have a deep knowledge of the community and various metagames involved in this tour. I have in-depth understanding of AAA, being drafted in OMPL and OMWC. I've got other experience in tours such as UWC and SMPL, alongside being a Top Team Rater, able to evaluate and improve on people's builds, a useful trait for a manager to have. All of use are capable teambuilders, having teams recorded in samples and peaks.

Glalie has a variety of achievements, coming top 8 in AAALT and being drafted to OMPL, while also being one of the foremost builders AAA builders in the tier, most commonly known for popularizing stall and peaking at 1700 on the AAA ladder. Bijou also has a bevy of accomplishments, from being on the Inheritance council, to excelling in OMWC, and getting to the quarterfinals of the AAA Open, the playoffs of AAALT and qualifying for OMGS.

We're all extremely versatile in our skills and abilities, being able to thoroughly support our players, and are motivated to win this OMFL!
View attachment 634793

Locked in, confiming, come get your heart taken.

Co-Manager: BijouMode GlalieGoesBoom

Glalie has a variety of achievements, coming top 8 in AAALT and being drafted to OMPL, while also being one of the foremost builders AAA builders in the tier, most commonly known for popularizing stall and peaking at 1700 on the AAA ladder. Bijou also has a bevy of accomplishments, from being on the Inheritance council, to excelling in OMWC, and getting to the quarterfinals of the AAA Open, the playoffs of AAALT and qualifying for OMGS.

View attachment 634793

confirmed

Team name : Oshawott's Up
Manager : Palapapop
Co-manager : Osake
Team Mascot : Oshawott :sv/oshawott: (the goat)

Logo : tbd if we have more budget

Palapapop managed and brought the Wiggly Family to OMPL's final last year despite having Dragonillis as a co-manager and I believe it speaks for itself ; I've been in the same team than TectonicDestroyer many (too many) times and I'm still (relatively?) mentally sane which proves I can handle pretty much everyone, also our mascot is the cutest mon in the game therefore you can give us the trophy already tyvm
I confirm the part where i am a good manager and that oshawott is cute, don't know much about everything else

Clas

pixibursting
is a Tiering Contributor
Team Name: Serene Sky Soarers
Manager: Clas
Co-Manager: Murphy Lawden
Team Mascot: Togekiss

This wouldn't be my first time managing, as I have already managed for OMWC VI (UKCA, 2nd place), NDOTSL I (Ginkals, 1st place), and OMFL IV (Galactic Gengars, 3rd place), and have played twice in OMPL, both from the most recent editions. I have also stayed active over the entire generation now and have proficiency in 5 of the 7 tiers, only lacking in Inheritance and PiC knowledge. Also just being able to teach new people the competitive side of OMs is fun.

Murphy Lawden, on the other hand, is relatively less of an OMs player as much as an overall tier player but isn't new either. They're familiar with a lot of the current metas, as shown by the concerning number of suspect tests they have participated in, and even made an appearance in last year's OMPL alongside other tours like HGPL. They also have an insane amount of activity and drive, something that I have not seen anyone else replicate in nearly two years. From a personal standpoint, though, he's just a great person to yap with, so that's a plus too and I believe that makes him more than fitting enough to co-manage.

Team Name : Cooking Koraidons
Manager: cscl
Co-Manager: Nihilslave
Team Mascot: (Pokemon ONLY):Koraidon
I have managed OMWC team China 3 years and managed various team tours in Chinese community. I also have hosted a China OMPL last year. I have participated in OMPL,OMFL,and OMWC as a player and have different tier playing and building experience(inh、gg、stab、aaa).
nihilslave has managed OMWC with me twice and managed a China OMPL team last year. He is well known as a bh player and has won an OMPL.

IMG_4708.png

(Not this one)
IMG_4707.jpeg

Last edited:
Team Name : Cooking Koraidons
Manager: cscl
Co-Manager: Nihilslave
Team Mascot: (Pokemon ONLY):Koraidon
I have managed OMWC team China 3 years and managed various team tours in Chinese community. I also have hosted a China OMPL last year. I have participated in OMPL,OMFL,and OMWC as a player and have different tier playing and building experience(inh、gg、stab、aaa).
nihilslave has managed OMWC with me twice and managed a China OMPL team last year. He is well known as a bh player and has won an OMPL.

View attachment 634872
(Not this one)
View attachment 634873
confirming

Murphy Lawden

dream..a dream..so grand it becomes..a nightmare
is a Top Tiering Contributor
Team Name: Serene Sky Soarers
Manager: Clas
Co-Manager: Murphy Lawden
Team Mascot: Togekiss

This wouldn't be my first time managing, as I have already managed for OMWC VI (UKCA, 2nd place), NDOTSL I (Ginkals, 1st place), and OMFL IV (Galactic Gengars, 3rd place), and have played twice in OMPL, both from the most recent editions. I have also stayed active over the entire generation now and have proficiency in 5 of the 7 tiers, only lacking in Inheritance and PiC knowledge. Also just being able to teach new people the competitive side of OMs is fun.

Murphy Lawden, on the other hand, is relatively less of an OMs player as much as an overall tier player but isn't new either. They're familiar with a lot of the current metas, as shown by the concerning number of suspect tests they have participated in, and even made an appearance in last year's OMPL alongside other tours like HGPL. They also have an insane amount of activity and drive, something that I have not seen anyone else replicate in nearly two years. From a personal standpoint, though, he's just a great person to yap with, so that's a plus too and I believe that makes him more than fitting enough to co-manage.

Confirming

Team Name : Sunrising Solgaleos (adding logo later)
Manager: Beleth
Co-Manager: Fluore
Team Mascot: :solgaleo:
(Briefly explain any experience/reasoning for why you think you'd be a good pick) :

- Myself and Fluore have taken part in various tours across a lot of tiers on smogon as players or/and as managers, i have managed NDWC for France, ALTPL and MSPL and played ADVPL/BDSPPL/BLT/UWC/RCOP/AGWL (won with Fluore as manager) among other tours
- Fluore had successful results as a manager by having extensive knowledge about the playerbase with deep researching and won BSSWC and AG Winter League as a manager and managed WCOP, RCOP, UWC, NUWC, RUWC, ZUWC, so knows how things work around as a manager, we are motivated and will be invested if we're picked, Fluore has also played in the last two iterations of OMFL

Fluore

Kitsch
is a Tiering Contributor
Team Name : Sunrising Solgaleos (adding logo later)
Manager: Beleth
Co-Manager: Fluore
Team Mascot: :solgaleo:
(Briefly explain any experience/reasoning for why you think you'd be a good pick) :

- Myself and Fluore have taken part in various tours across a lot of tiers on smogon as players or/and as managers, i have managed NDWC for France, ALTPL and MSPL and played ADVPL/BDSPPL/BLT/UWC/RCOP/AGWL (won with Fluore as manager) among other tours
- Fluore had successful results as a manager by having extensive knowledge about the playerbase with deep researching and won BSSWC and AG Winter League as a manager and managed WCOP, RCOP, UWC, NUWC, RUWC, ZUWC, so knows how things work around as a manager, we are motivated and will be invested if we're picked, Fluore has also played in the last two iterations of OMFL
confirming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)