[on site] Your Starter Pokémon (Advance)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaos

is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
Owner
I've lead Milotic before, it's pretty cool for sleeping stuff at the beginning of the match. Venusaur isn't a common lead, but I see nothing wrong with it. It has trouble with some of the faster leads, but people lead slow waters/Snorlax all the time.

Jumpman16

np: Michael Jackson - "Mon in the Mirror" (DW mix)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Jumpman16, is the article now complete and ready for being converted to HTML?
no, though nobody seems to have any opinions about suicune and zam but mekkah and i so i guess that's a lost cause and we're closer to done than originally thought

Jumpman16

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
ok i changed the "speed is the most important" sentence, substituted zppy for suggy in the battle log, and added kinder, clarifying words about suicune and skarmory, "did i miss anything"

imperfectluck

Banned deucer.
Some of my personal favorite leads are Metagross and Snorlax. Metagross is nice to see what your opponent's best physical tanks are.

I used to lead with TrickBand Alakazam and always start off with Focus Punch. I also have no qualms about leading with Blissey either in DP or RSE, it's one of those leads that isn't very easy to beat unless you are like CB Tyranitar, and even then the threat of Counter can keep those in check. I think it's incredibly hard to lead with Suicune and expect a sweep, though.

Max

yadig
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Jumpman16 said:
Aerodactyl

Not as widely used anymore thanks to the advent of CB Salamence, but still a force to be reckoned with. Besides warding off the first two popular fast starters I've mentioned better than any other Pokémon can, it allows you to find out very early if your opponent has a reliable Rock resist like Swampert, which some battlers are forgetting to account for with Aero's decline in popularity.
I'm thinking that the last part should be, "...some battlers forget to account for with Aero's decline in popularity."

Also, I capitalized Water where applicable since I figured it would just be easier for me to take care of it. :)

jump, could you please write a small blurb for this article to appear on the main article page, as well as one for the long term thinking article?

Jumpman16

i took the old one for starter poke and edited what was written for the long term thinking one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)