Other Online Battle Royal Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
The team I am posting is for Battle Spot - Free Battle - Battle Royal - Special Pokémon Allowed (Pre-Bank).

Lunala @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Shadow Shield
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moongeist Beam
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
I lead off with this Pokémon. Its set is meant to target as many other common leads as possible. Moongeist Beam is for stab and to take down things weak to it with lesser defenses. For stronger Pokémon that might survive Moongeist Beam (or to troll Tapu Koko), I use Never-Ending Nightmare. Ice Beam is to take down Zygarde and other 4x weak dragons. Even if they're holding a Yache Berry, it's still a good move to have for its utility. Thunderbolt is to take down Greninja before it can transform, but even after it transforms, it still OHKOs provided there is no HP or SpD investment. Dazzling Gleam might seem like an odd choice over Moonblast, but it's great at quickly defeating lower-level Pokémon while damaging others or just cleaning up something with low HP and damaging others.

Cons:

4x weak to Ghost and Dark (helped by Shadow Shield)
Has no answer to Incineroar (Hidden Power not powerful enough, Focus Blast not accurate enough, All-Out Pummeling cannot be used due to Never-Ending Nightmare), usually let Magearna or Dugtrio-Alola take care of it

Magearna @ Occa Berry
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fleur Cannon
- Flash Cannon
- Energy Ball
- Shadow Ball/Ice Beam/Shift Gear
This thing is pretty much a beast in Battle Royal. The second I see one on the field, I immediately start the process of eliminating it as it'll start OHKOing things every turn very easily as the battle progresses and it's left on the field. Fleur Cannon is its basic stab attack used to destroy pretty much anything after enough boosts. Flash Cannon destroys fairies. Energy Ball is for lingering Greninja, Primarina, and any other types weak against it. I put the fourth slot for Shadow Ball for the best coverage, but Ice Beam could also go there. Shift Gear is an option if you want more speed (and great for other metas), but since every single turn counts in Battle Royal, it's usually waste using it. Occa Berry is there since offensive Z-moves are pointless with all the stat boosts it gets and it protects it from getting OHKO'D by Incineroar. The 252 HP might seem a little odd, but I've run into physical ground moves and both special and physical fire moves, and with Magearna's bulk, it feels like giving it more HP is the better option than to invest in either of its defenses. Once Lunala goes down, this thing comes in and finishes the job.

Cons:

It's slow (can use Shift Gear to go faster, but it uses a turn)
Fleur Cannon will sometimes miss (because lol)
After OHKOing a few things, you'll probably be ganged up on (but it's usually too late by then)

Dugtrio-Alola @ Focus Sash
Ability: Tangling Hair
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Rock Slide/Stone Edge/Aerial Ace
This is meant as an answer whenever I encounter a horde of scarfed Tapu Kokos who spam Discharge and paralyze me 3 turns in a row as they slowly deplete my Lunala's HP. Earthquake will rarely OHKO anything not named Nihilego, but it's a great coverage move that cleans up low HP Pokémon. Iron Head is for fairies, nice stab, and good in case I need some luck flinching a threat. Sucker Punch is a great priority move and does wonders for weakened Lunala. I rarely use the fourth slot, but I chose Rock Slide to spam possible flinch. Stone Edge is a more powerful option, and Aerial Ace is great for coverage against Fighting-types, but my Lunala and Magearna usually deal with those. Reversal can only be used by normal Dugtio, and you usually won't survive long enough to use it anyway. Focus Sash is because of Dugtrio's frailty, and it has saved me on a number of occasions.

Cons:

It's frail (which Focus Sash helps)
It has a positive attack nature instead of a positive speed nature (very few things will outspeed Dugtrio anyway, and if there are 2 or 3 that outspeed, usually only one targets it thinking it's frail while the other 2 will go for others)

Conclusion

With this team, I have around an 80% win rate in Online Battle Royal. At this point, I only lose whenever I miscalculate. Even when I'm ganged up on, I still usually win unless I'm ganged up on right at the start, in which case I usually still win but not always.

People call this meta highly luck-based, but I strongly disagree. Luck is a factor in all of the metas, and you can argue that this meta relies on luck more than any other meta. However, you still need a strong strategy if you're going to win consistently.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
We don't rate teams made for any of the Free Battle formats on Battle Spot, nor Battle Royal which doesn't actually fall under the "Battle Spot" tag so I changed it to "Other" for you. It's cool that you're playing it and enjoy the format, but since it's for fun and there's no "metagame" to speak of I've locked the thread. I hope you try out some of the Rated modes such as Singles, Doubles, or the Special format (where you can actually use your Lunala and Magearna!).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)