SM OU ooouuu(hazard stack HO)[peak top 25]

Intro

Hey its switches, back with some insane stuff cuz I forgot to post a meme team for sumo so gotta put something together rq before the new games come out. I was talking to my b101 tutee, and he made the mistake of asking me if lucario had a legitimate niche in ou. My immediate response was to build a lucario team in ou, of course its p flames. I can't be bothered to ladder anymore but its higher than Anish so clearly my team is serperior. Hopefully you think it's p cool.

The team itself is Hazard Stack HO, and its built with the sole intention of constantly applying pressure and whittling the opponents team down with a flow of offensive threats building momentum and whittling the opposing team will you can send out the right win-con. The team doesn't have an offensive core per-say but thrives on the ideology that by sending out mons with shared checks you can wear them down over a game and when those few checks are whittled down you have built your own good matchup.

idk.png

Starting point, wasn't much of an obvious niche I could think of besides the fact that it got espeed, so thought it'd be nice with hazard stack or something like that.

What better way to support support a meme than another meme. Nah but for real I will preach this mon. Its really cool as a sucide lead for ho. Gives you a dual hazard suicide lead that handles diancie and m-sab that luc struggles with.

Taunt water z gren is p nice, cuz its a bit weak so it likes the whittle, and it shuts down defoggers. I thought it'd be a p cool special attacker to pair with luc.

M-gyara gives me a ash gren answer, taunt mon, physical setup sweeper and volc answer sorta with some mindgames involved

lele answer, bork mon etc. It just felt p nice to have a mon that actually doesn't hate fini and koko and stuff.

Weird scarfer, but gives me a mon that likes fini teams, its a scarfer that can stealroll which is really nice and it givesme a mon that can rk stuff like ash gren and koko.

Overview

Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Tail
- Close Combat
- Extreme Speed
Lucario's only real niche is that it scares stuff like ferro, tran and fini out and that it gets espeed. The reason I wanted to build it besides the meme and from request is because I've been having a lotta fun with espeed in ou especially with dragonite and zyg, but zyg was just never able to hit hard enough and dragonite requires too much support so here we are. Justified gives you a cool hedge against like bish which is nice, just running dual stabs plus espeed and sd. Espeed is surprisingly strong, at plus two you really should be able to one shot a lot of frailer revenge killers like koko, especially after they are a bit weakened which isn't terribly difficult considering this is hazard stack.

Omastar @ Focus Sash
Ability: Weak Armor
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Shell Smash
- Hydro Pump
Probably one of the coolest suicide leads in the game. In ou your two real options for a dual hazard suicide lead is skarmory and omastar. Skarms main niche is that it can taunt and break sab with fly z but it takes up a z-move and get walled by diancie. Oma on the other hand allows you to spam hazards, and force a ton of switches. You can at times lead vs lando, get up rocks on their eq, a spike on their rocks, and then another spike or just get a kill after. because you outspeed after weak Armour. Shell smash lets you bluff an offensive set and you can really scare things that just think you're a suicide lead. Hydro pump is just your hardest hitting stab, really nice as their are a ton of ground type leads in the meta.

Greninja-Ash @ Waterium Z
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
- Taunt
Because we can't only use meme's we're using water z ash gren. We're hazard stack so having a mon with taunt is nice cuz it denies hazard control and it beats pretty much all the spinners in the tier. Water z ash gren is just really nice vs ho, and it really appreciates hazard stack because its a bit weak. Its just another priority abuser that really likes the whittle hazard stack provides. Waterium z is a really nice nuke stuff like zapdos you don't want to risk taunting and you can't kill otherwise.

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Taunt
- Waterfall
Mega-gyara is just a really cool mon for ho. It's one of the few mons thats able to beat threats to ho like mimikyu with mold breaker or ash gren, as well. It gets taunt so it can shut down stall, and try to setup vs the likes of skarm and steela. Just run dual stab because its pretty nice coverage on its own. Its typing lets it wall things like ash gren and intimidate lets it setup with a bit more ease.

Magearna @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Soul-Heart
Timid Nature
- Shift Gear
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
Magearna is hard not to use on playstyles like ho because answers to mons like scarf lele are so limited in number. This set allows you to setup on mons like lele and beat them. I felt like the team put a decent amount of pressure on mons like tran and ferro to some extent so I felt flash was more important as it actually allowed me to kill lele. Shuca ended up being the preferred varient as it gives you another option on what to setup on.

Serperior @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Contrary
Timid Nature
- Glare
- Leaf Storm
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Fire]
This is actually the most surprising mon in terms of usage on the team. The scarfers in the tier right now are incapable of steam rolling teams bar the rare nihilego, this role is incredibly unique to serperior. Because of its fantastic speed tier, the ability to force sacks and just the suprise factor of scarf serperior you're able to win a suprising amount of games with it. You only need hp fire for things that are 4 times effective, you will be clicking leaf storm 99.99% of the time. Glare is the purely for utility and knock is there to weaken mons like chansey. You really don't need to be running attacks like dragon pulse as you're too weak to really hurt anything without boosts. It's also sorta nice as you resist shuriken from mons like ash gren and if needed you can pivot in on things like koko on a tbolt. Scarf serp is also incredibly powerful vs rain which is nice as well as it outspeeds pert and deals a ton of damage to anything you'd see on rain and can sometimes just win once ferro is taken care off.

Replays
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-648476631 (stall)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-648217081 (scarf serp+oma)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-648199252 (scarf serp vs rain)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-648171452 (stall)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-648149720 (scarf serp)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-647736775 (lucario)

Threats
-The issue with fini, unlike other walls is the mons that break it on this team scare it out while those that wanted whittled do a bad job of whittling it for the other. You will whittle it with hazards over the course of the game and it is really difficult for fini to defog, but its just annoying to break.

-Its incredibly difficult for mage to setup vs this team but when it does it is really scary, not much takes hits, thankfully flash cannon mage helps and its pretty nice that if serp has a few boosts up it can 2 hit ko if they try to setup on you unaware that you are scarf and outspeed .

-The only varient that is really annoying is taunt, mainly have to play mindgames when you lead omastar as to if they are taunt.

-its just extremely difficult to switch into, and really any variant can be a threat. Rely on chipping with hazards to where shuriken can kill or try to rk with serp.

Conclusion
Overall, I know there are a bunch of big improvements to the team to make and that some of the mons are a bit on the "out there" side. That being said the team was largely experimental for me and it proved relatively fascinating for me and I do plan on polishing it further to a better team eventually but some criticism would be nice.

Lucario @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Tail
- Close Combat
- Extreme Speed

Omastar @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Shell Smash
- Hydro Pump

Greninja-Ash @ Waterium Z
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
- Taunt

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Taunt
- Waterfall

Magearna @ Shuca Berry
Timid Nature
- Shift Gear
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

Serperior @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Glare
- Leaf Storm
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Fire]

peak 2.png

Lucario @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Ice Punch
- Close Combat
- Earthquake

Omastar @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Shell Smash
- Hydro Pump

Tapu Koko @ Fairium Z
Ability: Electric Surge
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Dazzling Gleam
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Taunt
- Waterfall

Magearna @ Shuca Berry
Timid Nature
- Shift Gear
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

Serperior @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Glare
- Leaf Storm
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Fire]

The main diff here is you have koko easing the fini matchup and allowing you to lure stuff like ferro for serp, mage and gyara. The lucario set here doesn't have espeed but it does dismantle cele pex teams which is really nice. I honestly prefer this version far more but I want to sleep and not ladder more so I'ma just put it here. s/o Anish for help

s/o good players predict hax and woa
And Mr. Perry unfort​

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)