Operation: Desert Storm

YO yo yo, hows it goin smogon?! For my third RMT, I return to the land of OU, after spending weeks in RU and ubers. Now, onto the team, I was drawn to the land of dual-weather. So, I combined rain and sand, my two favorite weathers. It needs alot of help. So bear with me hear. Only thing I ask you is to keep the dual weather's intact. anywho, onto the teambuilding process.

Team building process!
Sorry for no sprites, I could not get them to work.

I started with Tyranitar and Politoed as my core of weatehr starters.

I then added Thuderus-T and Landorus for my weather abusers.

Next comes Genesect, the revenge killer.

Finally, in came Ferrothorn, for entry hazard and walling support

Gensect was NOT working out for me, so I went to Gastrodon for walling support. It also benefits from rain whilst not being affected by sand

Thunderus was not working, terrible speed, so I went to Tornadus-T. Damn I love this thing.

Unfortunately, I switched back to Thunderus-T. This time, I went with just agility instead of agility+Nasty Plot

Finally, Terrakion replaced Landorus for my physical sweeper.

Now for the in-depth descriptions

Tyranitar@leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
Nature:Careful
EV's:252 HP/4 Atk/252 SpD
Stealth Rock
Pursuit
Crunch
Stone Edge

Real quick, I am SO sorry about no pics. I do not know whats going on with these pics I'm finding. Its pissing me off. If you want to see the pics, just click the link. Anyway, I chose Specially defensive T-tar because it is bulky as hell when it comes to special hits. Moves annihilate Psychic types, and set up rocks. Yeah, T-tar is pretty cool.

Politoed@ Leftovers
Ability: Drizzle
Nature: Bold
EV's: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SpA
Scald
Ice Beam
Perish Song
Protect

Politoed. Gota love it. I used it n Forth Gen, baby! Brings rain currently. Hits pretty hard. Yeah. Physically Bulky set, synergizes decently with T-tar.

Thunderus-T@Life orb
Ability:Volt absorb
Nature: Modest
EV's: 4 HP/ 252 SpA/ 252 Spe
Thunder
Hidden Power Ice
Focus Blast
Agility

Although this thing is slow, after agility, just SPAM THUNDER!! Destroys almost all things. HP ice kills those pesky Gliscors, and Focus Blast annihilates Ferrothorn. I'm starting to like this thing.

Terrakion@life orb
Ability: justified
Nature: Adamant
EV's: 4 HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spe
Rock Polish
Swords Dance
Stone Edge
Close combat

This thing wrecks once set up. Interestingly, I had a battle where a Wobbafuett tried to stay in and charm me while I was SDing. It was hilarious how badly the guy played. Anyway, that was not meant to sound like a jerk. I made plenty of NOOB mistakes in my day. Not much needs to be said, Its TERRAKION!

Gastrodon@ leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
Nature: Calm
EV's: 252 HP/ 4 SpA/ 252 SpD
Scald
Earth Power
Ice Beam
Recover

This thing was a BRILLIANT idea on my part. It has saved my arse so many times. Brings a Handy Immunity to rain aimed at Terrakion or T-tar. Checks Rotom-Wash decently.

Ferrothorn@ leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
Nature: Careful
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Def/ 4 SpD
Protect
Leech Seed
Power Whip
Spikes

OMG THIS THING DOES NOT DIE!! Just when you think its about to die, it doesn't. This god damn thing survived a +2 flare blitz from Infernape. WTF is wrong with Game freak, making things that won't die!

Thank you for reading this, I will accept A LOT of change. Despite my best efforts, it does not get much better. Again, I am so sorry that the images would not work. If anyone can help me with this issue, and guide me through moving Pictures from Google to a forum thread on Smogon when this is being done on a Macbook, that would be great. Again, the pics are pretty good. I hope you spend the time looking at them.

Hey!

It looks like you're having trouble getting your pictures to show up. All you have to do is click the square yellow box that has some mountains in it. Paste the link there, and the pictures should show up!

Anyway, onto the team. Looks pretty solid. The big thing that jumps out at me is that you've got Politoed and Tyranitar simultaneously. In BW2 OU, teams need to be more focused. Politoed and Tyranitar are good because they have weather abilities. Essentially what I'm saying is that there are better Pokemon than Tyranitar or Politoed unless you need their weather abilities.

For your team, I'm going to recommend you get rid of Tyranitar. The rest of your Pokemon are better in Rain than Sand. Ferrothorn isn't going to die. Gastrodon takes care of a lot of Rain abusers. Thundurus-t really likes Rain for Thunder, etc.

I would highly recommend trying Scarf Genesect over Tyranitar. It will give you the perfect revenge killer, and having another Steel is always important. With U-turn, you'll be able to keep the momentum on your side too. A bulky Rain Offense team like yours really thrives off having the upper hand. For example, you can lead with Genesect against a Sandstorm Team, and U-turn to Politoed for your preferable Weather. You won't have to predict what lead your opponent will use. Genesect is also a great check to Dragon Spam teams, which I think Ferrothorn will really appreciate.

Next, I have a couple minor corrections for you. I'd highly recommend using Sub SD Salac Terrakion instead of Double Dance. You need some wall breaking power, so I don't think Rock Polish is that crucial. Odds are if Thundurus-t gets and Agility, Offense teams will lose.

Next, I'd say use Earthquake instead of Earth Power on Gastrodon. It helps a lot against Pokemon like Jirachi and Tentacruel. Just don't get burned by Rotom-w!

Finally, since we changed Tyranitar to Genesect earlier, I think you should use Stealth Rock over Spikes. Stealth Rock will come in handy much more than Spikes, and since your team should be relatively fast-paced, I don't think you'll have time for Spikes anyway.

Good luck!

Thanks for the suggestions! I will say, however, that the whole concept IS dual weather. It makes people scramble to figure out how they will respond. Most people build teams to combat weather one at a time. I will try out you terrakion idea, however. And why am I running earthquake overearth Power? Just wondering.

Btw, I am thinking about making it Hyper offense, with ferro being my only wall, and replacing Gastro with CB Azumarill. Let me know on your thoughts.

This seems to be a pretty solid team by the looks at it , but lack of a spinner could
hurt. I would recommend a bulky spinner over Ferrothorn, like Forretress, who could also set up spikes and Toxic Spikes. Both can have their fire weakness covered by Politoed+Drizzle and not get damaged by sandstorm. Also Fighting is Neutral to Forretress while it is Super-effective against Ferrothorn. Both are neutral to ground type attacks. However Forretress is neutral to electric, Water, and Rock type attacks while Ferrothorn resits all three. Also the idea of a Dual Weather team is interesting. I have to admit that i have faced one and i just had nothing for it. Any-who I wish you luck on your endeavor I hope this helped.

Gimmick

Electric potential

It helps me rate when I see pictures, haha. You can also just copy and paste these into your RMT which would help you get those sprites in.

Anyway, hey Thepoke4ever!

This team definitely benefits from both sand and rain, but Thundurus definitely wants the power of Thunder without sand damage and 70% accuracy. Dual weather is more of a gimmick (I know, I know. I hate suggesting the removal of gimmicks) than a practical use in BW2. Although it can more easily shut down other weather teams (well, Sun), many of your Pokemon appreciate Rain more than Sand. I'm going to totally side with undisputed about removing TTar, but this makes removing Lati@s a bit harder. I'll suggest random amenities throughout to help with this, so stay tuned.

Anyway, I'd like to see a Life Orb Tank Latias over your current TTar. CM Keldeo manages to just haul through this team as long as it wins the speed tie against your Terrakion which is definitely unreliable, so Latias fits quite nicely here. It adds a somewhat bulky Fighting resist with a solid recovery move, which is definitely appreciated as a pivot against other offensive teams. It also helps tremendously against Techniloom, which straight up OHKOs your whole team after Stealth Rock. Latias patches up a ton of weaknesses and provides pretty awesome quick damage. Not only that, but it also functions as a brilliant check to many Sun teams, alleviating the removal of TTar. It's like it was made for your team! Here's the set (EV spread) I prefer:
@ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Psyshock
- Recover

Anyway, the next thing I see is the lack of a revenge killer. Speed-boosting Pokemon like Gyarados, Dragonite, Volcarona, etc can outspeed everything after just 1 boost, which isn't hard against your slower, weaker Pokes. Tornadus-T also outspeeds everything and does some work once hazards are laid or prior damage is done. A balanced offense team such as this one definitely would appreciate a solid revenge killer, so to keep your desired synergy, I would recommend changing Terrakion over to a Scarf set. This allows you to outspeed pretty much every boosting Pokemon and revenge kill relatively easily since Terrakion is just so strong. Speed is crucial in BW2, so I strongly suggest this change. Your main boosting sweeper (Thundurus-T) now receives permanent rain as opposed to the bi-polar sand-rain combination, so you can depend on it more. Terrakion, I assume, was your boosting sweeper if sand was up, but now that it's a definite rain team, you don't have to rely on it; this way it's much easier to run a Scarf set. Here it is:
@ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- X-Scissor / Toxic

Let me explain the coverage moves. Earthquake hits Jirachi harder as well as Toxicroak, which can prove to be a pretty large threat to this team since Gastrodon is Specially Defensive. X-Scissor nails Celebi switches and revenge kills Lati@s more reliably than Stone Edge. I slashed Toxic, but it's just a preference. It allows you to wear down common Terrakion switches like Landorus-T, Jellicent, and Slowbro, but all are handled pretty well by Thundurus, so it's up to you.

Anyway, speaking of Thundurus-T, your current Speed EVs don't outspeed anything relevant. 192 Spe EVs (64 HP) allow you to outspeed Jolly Toxicroak/SubPass Gliscor without an Agility boost while outspeeding Timid Venusaur in Sun/Jolly Stoutland in Sand with a boost. You also, of course, outspeed every relevent Scarfer. The HP gives you a Rocks/LO number (meaning you can switch into Stealth Rock 4 times as opposed to 3) and some extra bulk to take Breloom Mach Punches or Scizor Bullet Punches easier. Priority is never fun when you can sweep. Your final EV spread should look like this: 64 HP / 252 SAtk / 192 Spd.

Now, to help with Lati@s, I strongly suggest you change Politoed over to a Choice Specs variant. Lati@s are quite common switch-ins to Politoed and take about 65% from a Rain boosted Hydro Pump. Keldeo takes up to 75% (from experience--not sure if entirely accurate). This means Thundurus, Terrakion, or even Gastrodon can come in later and finish the job, especially since the Lati twins cannot get Pursuit trapped by TTar any longer. Plus, you have a physically defensive Ferrothorn, so you can afford to make Politoed a very threatening force. Trust me, when you see the damage output on this thing, you won't look back. Here's the set I prefer:
(M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 224 HP / 252 SAtk / 32 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Focus Blast

I like my SpecsToeds quite bulky, so I run enough Speed to outspeed Sub Magnezone, Skarmory, other Politoed, and Scizor. If that isn't your ordeal, you could always just max out the speed with Timid to outspeed most Technilooms and its bechmark. It even outspeeds Admant Dragonite and Modest Heatran, which isn't bad at all.

Ferrothorn in Rain appreciates a little bit of Special Defense. Since most fire attacks are Special (namely Genesect's Flamethrower), it's always nice to live these due to Rain's cushion. 252 HP, 88 Def, and 168 SDef EVs + an Impish nature gives you an extra Defense point while most likely surviving a +1 Genesect Flamethrower in Rain. (252 +1 SpAtk Life Orb Genesect (+SpAtk) Flamethrower vs 252 HP/168 SpDef Ferrothorn: 90.91% - 106.82% (50% chance to OHKO) That's the most powerful Flamethrower a Genesect can get outside of Specs, and some run Expert Belt, so chances are you're going to live. You can then proceed to Leech Seed stall it with some smart switches and whatnot. Then, replace Spikes with Stealth Rock since it's a more consistent hazard. You also don't have a spinblocker, so setting up Spikes is just asking a Rapid Spinner to come in. Here's what the final set should look like:
(F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Power Whip

Regarding your question about undisputed's post: Earthquake on Gastrodon hits CM Pokemon that boost their SDef, mainly Jirachi. This way, you can ignore the boosts and always break its Sub, making Gastrodon an excellent check. If you do choose to run Earthquake, make sure to use a Sassy nature.

Phew, that probably seemed like a lot of changes, but I think they'll definitely be quite beneficial to your team! Good luck in your future battling endeavors!

Here's what the new team looks like with Latias in case you need the sprites:

Summary of Changes

• Change to LO Tank
    • Change to a Choice Scarf set
    • Change to a Choice Specs set
    • EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SDef
    • Change Spikes to Stealth Rock
    • Go with undisputed's suggestion of Earthquake over Earth Power
    • Sassy nature over Calm nature
    • EVs: 64 HP / 252 SAtk / 192 Spd

Ok, I agree with everything being said. I did not know about Thunderus, so thanks! I will definately go with the Ferro spread. I am a little less hasty to lose physically defensive toed, but thats alright. However, I also like the forretress idea. It is a good one. Scarf Terrakion is iffy. What do you guys think about making it Landorus again, going with a rock polish set. If I did, what ability should I use, sheer force and a mixed set, or sand force mixed? Both would probably have life orb, but I can't decide. One last thing, I want to have two weathers. I stick with my first response. The main point is I basically have two chances with the weather war, instead of just one like my opponent does. It really messes with people's minds. Thanms to all for rating, leave a luvdisc if you liked the team.

I take that back. This team just became Mono rain. Just had a few matches testing all the different suggestions, and I Landed on a Offensive Team. Will make changes soon

See yall later

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)