OPERATION: DOOMSDAY

Hi Smogon ppl this is a team that I've been using on the XY PO server and I've had reasonable success with it. I wanted to use the amazing Mega Lucario since SD luke was one of my favorite sweepers to use on HO teams during late BW2.
Anyways, the main plan of the team is weaken shit with mix Aegislash and Deoxys then sweep with Talonflame or Lucario lategame. That strategy works almost every time.

No XY sprites :(​

Deoxys @ Focus Sash
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 8 Atk / 248 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Psycho Boost
- Superpower
- Extreme Speed
- Dark Pulse
First up is lead Deoxys-N. Deo is broken as hell and is extremely underused/utilized by most teams. Using this as a SR lead is massive waste of offensive potential since Deoxys is one of the best mixed attackers in the ENTIRE GAME with it's impressive 150/150/150 stats and massive movepool. Deoxys's job is simply just to kill shit before it dies. It usually gets at least one kill/game and severely weakens another. The moveset is pretty straight forward. STAB Psycho Boost will dent anything; even Scizor takes around 50% and bulky Rotom-W is nearly KOed. Superpower lets me kill Tyranitar who will usually come in on a U-turn of scarf gene to kill me with sand, so be careful because that happens a lot. ESpeed is great for hitting things right after a Psycho Boost since it will most likely kill them. It also goes before Mega-Khan tries to Sucker Punch me and will force it to play mind games with me. Dark Pulse is hardly ever used but I like it. It hits aegislash pretty hard even in shield form and the 20% flinch rate can clutch against sash leads like Smeargle and Galvantula. But yea. Deoxys will defiantly move up to ubers despite it being outclassed there.

Excadrill (F) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Mold Breaker
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
If the other team is using a Klefki lead, lead with Excadrill. Strong ground STAB and something to hit Rotom-W with is a must right now and Excadrill is probably the best there is. The moveset is standard as hell but it works. The EVs let me speed creep adamant lucario and Timid heatran. Probably the most replaceable member of the team tbh.

Rotom (Rotom-W) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 232 HP / 240 Def / 28 SAtk / 8 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split
Rotom-W might be the most used Pokemon right now. It checks a ton of threats like Lando, slasher, Talonflame, etc while being able to spread status and gain momentum with Volt-Switch. Even though I consider this an offensive team, Rotom does not take away from the offensive pressure because of his amazing STAB options and bulk. Physically Defensive to handle Talonflame better ofc. He has amazing synergy with Excadrill and Talonflame too.

Talonflame (M) @ Sky Plate
Trait: Gale Wings
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Swords Dance
- Roost
Talonflame is really good right now and it's pretty anti meta since it can revenge kill practically anything with his super powerful Brave Bird that is further enhanced by STAB and Sky Plate. This guy is my usual win condition. It's easily the best cleaner because it's so hard and fast. Relying on recoil moves sucks but Roost lessens that somewhat. It's also SR weak as hell but that doesn't stop it since Excadrill is an amazing spinner.

Aegislash (F) @ Spooky Plate
Trait: Stance Change
EVs: 96 HP / 144 Atk / 252 SAtk / 16 Spd
Rash Nature (+SAtk, -SDef)
- King's Shield
- Shadow Ball
- Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Sword
Fuck SD slasher, seriously, it sucks don't use it. Mixed Spooker is hands down its best set and it completely RAPES most defensive cores and SD Slasher checks despite being slow as hell. In a couple months this will defiantly be the standard set. Ghost STAB is insanely good this gen and makes Aegislash pretty much impossible to switch into if rocks are up. His usual counters like Skarm, Lando, Gliscor, Heatran, Rotom and Excadrill take heavy damage from Shadow Ball followed by Shadow Sneak. Weakening stuff like that (esp Lando and Gliscor) make sweeping with Lucario and Talonflame almost too easy. EVs are pretty straightforward. Max Spec Atk since Shadow Ball is the main move on the set. 16 Spd outspeeds slow walls like 4 Spe regular TTar, Blissey, Chansey, etc so I can do heavy damage with Sacred Sword. The Attack EVs make it so I can 2HKO standard Blissey with Sacrd Sword and have a decent chance at killing Skarm and Rotom-W after SR and a Shadow Ball+Shadow Sneak. Rest in HP, which is actually enough to live an EQ from Landorus if Rash nature is used. It still won't die to +1 ScarfGenesect Flamethrower either. If you are using SD Aegislash, stop and use this set instead.

Lucario (F) @ Lucarionite
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Crunch
- Bullet Punch
The KING. Mega Lucario is broken as FUCK. It might go to Ubers but not before some other things in this meta (Gengar, blaze, deo, etc.) +2 Adaptability Close Combat literally kills anything if rocks are up. Seriously. Everything.

+2 252+ Atk Adaptability Lucario Close Combat vs. 248 HP / 244 Def Tentacruel: 323-381 (88.98 - 104.95%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252+ Atk Adaptability Lucario Close Combat vs. 244 HP / 40+ Def Gliscor: 226-266 (64.2 - 75.56%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252+ Atk Adaptability Lucario Close Combat vs. 192 HP / 64 Def Reuniclus: 363-428 (88.75 - 104.64%) -- 31.25% chance to OHKO

Like what the fuck. If Aegislash does it's job at weakening bulky Ground types, you'll either sweep with this guy or Talonflame everytime.
The moveset I'm not sure about tbh. I've seen people not running ESpeed but I find +2 priority to be way too good not to pass up and KOing Mega Gengar with bullet punch is also amazing but it's walled to hell by Aegislash. If you guys have some different sets for it let me know pls.

As far as threats go. I don't like facing bulky waters like gastro or vape but they are pretty rare right now except for the obvious Rotom-W. Luke can dent them pretty hard with unboosted CC if they aren't full HP though. Mega khan can be annoying since it can outspeed Lucario and I'll usually have to sack something like Excadrill or Deo to revenge with Talonflame. Mega gengar is bitch too. Slasher+Talonflame kill it though.

Last edited:
Protect on Lucario instead of bulletpunch? Megaevolve then protect due to stats from mega evolution don't go on until turn after.

Hi Exeggutive!

Your Lucario is currently walled to hell-and-back by any Aegislash variant. Therefore I suggest you use Crunch over ESpeed. Crunch allows you to take out Aegislash at +2 so its well worth using. Good Luck!

Shurtugal

The Enterpriser.
is a Tiering Contributor
Just something I wanted to point out, but shouldn't Talonflame run enough speed to outpace Hasty Genesect and Jolly Excadrill? To outpace Hasty Gene, you need to hit like 328 speed, and if you only care about Jolly Drill, you need to hit 307 (a note: Hasty Gene is commonly used on the Shift Gear set, and Jolly Drill is just common in general). So I recommend investing a bit more into the speed stat on Talon. I like Sky Plate on my Talonflame too so I thought I'd drop a note to comment since I've been messing with the HP eve too!

While I'm here, I might as well rate a bit: what's the point of Dark Pulse on Deo-N? I'd like to think you could slap on SR, although Excadril itself is a pretty decent setter, so you could play around with other moves like Ice Beam or Thunderbolt; I personally would consider running Taunt to prevent -2 Deo-N from becoming set-up bait as well as being able to prevent other hazard set up or Defog uses. To me, Dark Pulse is only hitting Aegislash, and Rotom-W with WoW is the perfect counter to standard SD Aegislash.

On Rotom-W (hugest staple atm :P) I'd run maximum HP, as those SpA eve don't really amount to anything in my experiences. I'd run maximum HP and just dump the rest in spec honestly or even SpD.

That's it from me! The Aegislash set looks pretty damn cool. I'd keep Lucario's move set the way it is since Rotom-W is a fairly easy answer to Aegislash in general seeing as how it can tank +2 Shadow Sneaks and burn it while your Aegislash can SB KO them as well, as well as Talonflame being able to set up on it it's just not a threat to the team enough to warrant Crunch's use. I would advise you not use Protect either since Bullet Punch in necessary to strike Gengar!

:) Good Luck

Ty guys. Honestly never thought of taunt on deo lol. I'll switch that since dark pulse is pretty useless most of the time. I can stop spores and sticky web without using flinch hax

I'm not sure how much damage bb from talonflame does to gene but I imagine it will do a lot. I'll still change the evs though because jolly mold breaker drill can be annoying.

Once gengar is banned I'll take off bullet punch on luke for crunch or something.

Adamant is nice on Lucario but jolly is far superior on the mega variant. It allows you to outspeed terrakion, garchomp, Lati, pretty damn important IMO. Also drop BP for Crunch.

Edit - also 72 speed talonflame works pre bank because all you need to outspeed is excadrill. But in pokebankoubeta you need 164 for base 100s who aren't hit neutral by flying stab i.e jirachi

I guess jolly would work since 112 spd is sick but all the stuff you mentioned is koed by +2 adamant bp/espeed anyways. Also like none of the pokemon you named except chomp are actually common since aegislash kinda shits on them. imo adamant bp> jolly crunch as long as mega gengar is allowed.

Will change speed on talonflame though.

Really? I've seen quite a bunch of Lati and Terrakion 2200+ The first game I had with my lucario as addy made me lose to simply because I forgot I was adamant and was outsped. I felt stupid and immediately changed to jolly. My team comp is also pretty similar to yours as well. I like crunch for trevenant and catching gengar on switch ins, I've found it more useful than BP which is a shame. The only reason I even kept ESpeed was for talonflame believe it or not or I'd be using BP for the extra stab.

Oh. I use po and I've seen maybe 3 raks and they are all walled by aegislash unless they have eq.

You forgetting that you were slower than rak doesn't really make a strong case lol.

Anyways. Trevenant is the only relevant thing I'll actually beat 100% of the time. Gengar switch ins are pretty unreliable. Even then, bp will hurt. I'm Not sure if crunch will ohko gourg either

It's rock paper scissors really. You can't beat everything. And I'd rather be safe against scarfers that resist espeed (rak/ttar) and mega gengar all the time than trevenant and jelli.

Yep that's the problem with lucario, always will be. But being slower than a terrakion isn't a strong case but being faster than all base 111 and below is, close combat OHKOs pretty much everything at +2 being outsped by a lot of threats that you can easily outspeed as jolly is sad. 112 is an amazing speed tier and people should take full advantage of it.

If im not wrong Mega Lucario's BP OHKO's after rocks so i don't see Terrakion as a valid reason to change Luke to Jolly.

+2 Ada ESpeed does 70-82% to Keldeo... 75-88% to Latias... Not as much as I thought. The amount of OHKOs I lose using Jolly instead of Adamant isn't nearly as big as it is with regular luke. The only ones I can think of are Starmie. Most likely going to change to Jolly now lol ty.

I'm thinking using Crunch instead of Extremespeed though because MegaGengar will still be a bitch and I need bullet punch. Rotom should be enough to take on Talonflame.

Like I said the only reason I use ESpeed is for talonflame, and that is only because it's early days and still fairly high up on the ladder the amount that come in on rocks late game try to sd in my face forgetting that ESpeed has priority over gale wings, perhaps when the meta has truely taken shape ill swap it for BP. But I feel crunch is great right now, also don't forget that dark has indeed been buffed. Having that option to hit aegis and the Lati twins is amazing. But in all honestly Mega lucario is incredible, taking 3% from rocks, able to SD on so many mons or simply just scare them out with an UNBOOSTED CC is deadly. Reminds me a lot of terrakion at the start of gen 5, just more deadly.

Your team is very similar to mine ATM, my pre bank team is using a bulky dd gyarados, specially defensive rotom, and of course sd lucario. These three make a fantastic core and cover each other weaknesses incredibly.

This is like a carbon copy of my team with Deoxys over Noivern, so I can point out some flaws for you.

You will want max speed on Excadrill to speedcreep other excadrill, but more importantly outspeed bulky attacker rotom-w and also Smeargle. Investing in HP doesn't do much due to his low defences compared to his high HP stat. Personally I prefer Adamant over Jolly to KO rotom-w and Aegislash easier.

As for Talonflame, 80HP 172 Spe lets you outspeed 2 more things in Thundy-T and Event Raikou, speed creepy I know but that 1-2 hp more won't matter too much.

I'd recommend just going 252/252+ spread on Rotom-W since the SpA, while nice, won't stop Gliscor from sub stalling your Hydros. This also lets you live EQ from Balloon excadrill if you are at 100% guarenteed, also lives +1 Jolly Mega Gyara if you are at 100%.

Your Lucario/Aegislash Lure and sweep sets are reversed in roles from mine, so I can't comment much from there. I'll probably give yours a try.

Also your calcs have adamant Lucario instead of jolly.

Solid Team.

Late Edit:

But if Deoxys does get banned, Noivern or sash Loom are solid choices. If Mega Lucario gets banned, Mega Absol fits fairly well into the slot, Mega Kanga even better.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)