1. Welcome to the Orange Islands! Please remember to read the rules. Come chat with us on our IRC channel and enjoy your stay!
  2. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Let's Play! Orange Islands Plays!

Discussion in 'Orange Islands' started by Deinosaur, Feb 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deinosaur

Deinosaur GO GOOMY

Hello users of Orange Islands, and welcome to a new feature that I am going to be running, with the consent of Jellicent, called

Orange Islands Plays!

So you might be wondering, just what is this thing called Orange Islands Plays? Well it's just a big Let's Play inside Orange Islands, where users can get together and all play the same game to share advice, tales of victory, tears (in the case of the Battle Factory), and to make new friends.

Orange Islands Plays will be conducted not only on #orangeislands (which you should visit anyway, especially if you are new), but also on Skype for real-time voice chatting! Now you can focus on your game and talk to everyone at the same time! But don't despair if you can't skype or you can't go onto IRC, because OIP will be going on in both mediums, so you can always find someone to chat with.

And now for the important stuff: The very first Orange Islands Plays will be held on Monday, February 18th, starting around 10 am EST (subject to change). We'll be doing a Mono-type challenge! For this OIP, you may pick any game, but you'll have to pick a certain type, and you can only obtain Pokemon of that type. Whether you plan to have the fastest time through the game or you only plan to play through the first 2 gyms, come join us on Monday for a fun way to play Pokemon together!

If you plan to be Skyping with us, please go onto Skype and add user deinosaur31 with your username, and I'll add you to the call when we start. Otherwise, just join #orangeislands to chat!

Note: If you have any questions about Orange Islands Plays, please PM me, Deinosaur. Thanks!

OIP #2
  2. Espeon65

Espeon65

This sounds like a really fun idea! I think I'll play Pokemon White with either Dark, Grass, or Bug monotype. I still have to decide. But about the Skype, will it be video or just audio? I may or may not end up doing the Skype, but I know I'll definitely do the OIP and be on #orangeislands. I'm looking forward to this!
  3. Zabel Zarock

Zabel Zarock

I'll try to join.

Can't guarantee it because I have class that day.

But I would love to do a ghost monotype playthrough on FireRed. Somehow.
  4. Deinosaur

Deinosaur GO GOOMY

As I have been informed, I do not believe we can have a video call that consists of more than two people. So the Skype will just be audio, which will also allow for users to retain anonymity.
  5. HiipFire

HiipFire

I'll probably be doing a Ground monotype on Crystal or some shit.
    Might stream aswell

EDIT: If you guys want, I can maybe make a video with everyone's pov of their playthroughs.
  6. inanimate blob

inanimate blob

Some moderator needs to tag this, this is important! And awesome.
  7. Basileus

Basileus

I dont have wi-fi, guys! ;__;
  8. Alice in Strings

Alice in Strings

Two words: HeartGold Poison
  9. Flaming Piranha

Flaming Piranha

This sounds like a cool idea. I'll try to join, but can't guarantee it. I'll go ahead and add you on Skype, Deinosaur.
  10. RODAN

RODAN Literally A Rodank
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributor

im down for skype mons
  11. Manitary

Manitary

I won't probably join skype/irc, but I really like this idea and I'll play anyway. I let a friend of mine choose the game version, the type and the three starter (all of this type, the starter's choice is the only change made to the game): it seems that I'll play Black 2 monotype Poison. I picked Grimer, the other two were Gulpin and Trubbish.
  12. Mekkah

Mekkah
    is a Super Moderatoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
    Super Moderator

i can stream probably
  13. Flaming Piranha

Flaming Piranha

That was fun. Sorry I had to leave early, I hope we can do this again sometime
  14. Kadew

Kadew Never not late
    is an Artist

I'm running through with heartgold mono-poison (sorry Alice in Strings, hadn't seen your post yet when I decided), and I may post some kind of small comic about the adventures later today/tomorrow.
  15. RODAN

RODAN Literally A Rodank
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributor

i win

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

not pictured: gyarados/pidgeot

couldnt screencap in time
  16. Zabel Zarock

Zabel Zarock

You can always screencap during the Hall of Fame PC thing.
  17. Deinosaur

Deinosaur GO GOOMY

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Grass run of Pokemon Emerald. It took me around 7 hours, but it was really fun. MVP: Ludicolo.

This was pretty cool, got to talk to a lot of cool guys I hadn't really met! I hope you all enjoyed it, I know I did.
  18. Flaming Piranha

Flaming Piranha

Haha, I'll bring my mic next time so I can actually speak to you guys :p

[Edit] We need to do this again sometime.
  19. HiipFire

HiipFire

I request that #orangeislandplays! gets a "The Suggestion Box".
  20. Mekkah

Mekkah
    is a Super Moderatoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
    Super Moderator

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

do it pussy
  21. DHR-107

DHR-107 Robot from the Future
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcher

This was great fun. I was a fair few hours late due to timezone/work but Skype was generally funny as hell.

Mono Water-ing Emerald here: Dieno the Mudkip, Flaming Pi the Tentacool and Phiddle the Wingull and I'm up to Mauville.
  22. borracho

borracho

Doing a mono Poison on Leaf Green with Venusaur, Golbat, Venomoth, Haunter, Tentacruel, and Nidoqueen. Currently too scared to go after Sabrina thinking I'll go and try to get to Blaine first and deal with her later.
  23. Flaming Piranha

Flaming Piranha

Flaming Pi, fuck yeah
  24. Alice in Strings

Alice in Strings

Look at all you guys using your "eemulaytorz". I'm using my DS and playing HeartGold and am currently up to Ilex Forest with a team of Gastly, Tentacool, Spinarak, Zubat, and Bellsprout. Currently looking for an Oddish to replace Bellsprout, though. I'll grab a Weedle from the Bug Catching Contest (or a Venonat :shrug: ) and continue on from there.
  25. Deinosaur

Deinosaur GO GOOMY

Sorry for the late update, but I have news on the next Orange Islands Plays!

The next Orange Islands Plays will be held Saturday, February 23rd, the event will be going on all day, but the Skype call will officially be made around 3 or 4 pm EST.

The event will be Randomizer Runthrough! This week, we'll be playing Pokemon with a twist. With what is called a randomizer, we can completely change the game of Pokemon. We're going to have two randomizers, one for Gen 3 games and one for Red and Blue. For links to the games and the randomizers themselves, you'll have to visit #orangeislands and look in the topic.

Thanks guys, this week will be another great OIP! Please luvdisc the thread and if you have any questions, PM me, Deinosaur.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)