ORAS General Discussion - Mark 2 - Spoilers Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
What I'm hoping is that Cosplay Pika gets Volt Tackle which, in tandem with Light Ball, gives you a solid physical attacker...in a dress...

It would be even better if it had access to some of the other special moves Pikachu's gotten over the years (especially ESPeed and Surf), but I doubt that. Above all, I demand that the light ball will not take for-freaking-ever to obtain (10% chance on a SAFARI ZONE poke?!).
Hm, maybe they'll let Cosplay Pikachu learn Volt Tackle through Move Reminder? I doubt it'll have any other of the special Pikachu moves (though it would be neat depending on what its dressed as it can learn a different special move from the Move Reminder), but having Volt Tackle be learnable via Move Reminder would be an easy way to give Cosplay Pikachu Volt Tackle but not have it have access to it right away.

Make it so you can combine Destiny Knot's IV transferring effect with the Power item's IV transferring effect, followed by breeding two Pokemon with the same nature guaranteeing that the infant gets that nature. That's two ways to improve breeding tremendously. It'd make breeding for a Hidden Power much easier, I'll tell you that.
When you deposit a pokemon in the daycare any stat that is marked in the summary screen will pass. :p

So I finally got the nugget mission, along with opening up Steven's house. Did a little investigating there.

Apparently, the rocks on the east side of the house each have different descriptions of minerals found in an area native to each of the other regions (like Rock Tunnel of Kanto, Chargestone Cave of Unova, Mt. Mortar of Johto). Kind of an interesting little secret, normally they don't give too much detail to house objects in the pokemon games (since everyone apparently collects the same set of pokemon magazines and paraphernalia).

Wonder if there is any deeper meaning...

Last edited:
So I finally got the nugget mission, along with opening up Steven's house. Did a little investigating there.

Apparently, the rocks on the east side of the house each have different descriptions of minerals found in an area native to each of the other regions (like Rock Tunnel of Kanto, Chargestone Cave of Unova, Mt. Mortar of Johto). Kind of an interesting little secret, normally they don't give too much detail to house objects in the pokemon games (since everyone apparently collects the same set of pokemon magazines and paraphernalia).

Wonder if there is any deeper meaning...
inb4 chargestone cave rock is how you evolve magneton and nosepass

really though, I wouldn't look too much into it - just seems a neat little reference.

Yeah I doubt there is anything more to it. It's just really rare when they give little house easter eggs like that. The last significant one I can remember were all the mini-journals on the gym leaders in Firered and Leafgreen.

Proof they've been planning this since 2002
I think it explains why the names are backwards. Usually you hear about "the Alpha and Omega" and the games were already ordered "Ruby and Sapphire" so I had been passively curious why they decided to reverse the Alpha and Omega order to be Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. (instinctively you think it would be Alpha Ruby and Omega Sapphire) Maybe 'cause they wanted to match the A and O to the respective Legendaries but keep Ruby and Sapphire in their original order.... I had been thinking Apha = Aqua but it's not like the O is anywhere in Magma so this makes more sense to me.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
I think it explains why the names are backwards. Usually you hear about "the Alpha and Omega" and the games were already ordered "Ruby and Sapphire" so I had been passively curious why they decided to reverse the Alpha and Omega order to be Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. (instinctively you think it would be Alpha Ruby and Omega Sapphire) Maybe 'cause they wanted to match the A and O to the respective Legendaries but keep Ruby and Sapphire in their original order.... I had been thinking Apha = Aqua but it's not like the O is anywhere in Magma so this makes more sense to me.
Alpha = Aqua
Omega = Magma

Makes sense to me. Though I think they have another reason for calling it Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire that we don't know about (then again, the Heart and Soul part of Heart Gold and Soul Silver didn't play any part in their games).

Anyway, Eon Ticket news:

So looks like the Serial Code for the Eon Ticket is going to be limited to a few places and you'll be able to transfer a copy over to another game via StreetPass.

... I'm going to assume (hope) this is just for the first round of distributions of the Eon Ticket and they'll do ones later on, one that'll hopefully be at a game store.

Makes sense to me. Though I think they have another reason for calling it Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire that we don't know about (then again, the Heart and Soul part of Heart Gold and Soul Silver didn't play any part in their games).
Both cases make absolute sense to me. Ho-oh was all about testing the connection between trainer and Pokémon, hence Heart. Lugia was basically this massive sea beast that you had to tame and became a great ally, hence you needed great determination or soul.
Alpha and Omega refers to, of course, the beginning that Kyogre and Groudon are - creating the land and sea - and the fact that their Primals are so ridiculously powerful that they could bring about the end of the world as we know it.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Both cases make absolute sense to me. Ho-oh was all about testing the connection between trainer and Pokémon, hence Heart. Lugia was basically this massive sea beast that you had to tame and became a great ally, hence you needed great determination or soul.
Alpha and Omega refers to, of course, the beginning that Kyogre and Groudon are - creating the land and sea - and the fact that their Primals are so ridiculously powerful that they could bring about the end of the world as we know it.
I more meant the game actually explaining it instead of letting us come up with the answer. I could come up with possible connections with the additional words, here's another take on things:

Heart Gold: In Johto's mythology, Ho-Oh perched on the Tin/Bell Tower which is said where Pokemon went to be "awakened", which could be interpreted as meaning being born or are given life. The "heart" is often portrayed in many cultures as being the symbol of life. Thus we can connect Heart and Ho-Oh (who itself is based on various Phoenix mythology who have long/immortal lives and can resurrect themselves or others) together with both representing "life".
Soul Silver: In Johto's mythology, Lugia perched on the Brass/Burned Tower which is said where Pokemon went to "rest", which could be interpreted as meaning to die. The soul is often thought as what a person truly is, thus when you die your soul leaves your earthly body behind as it goes on to the after life. Thus we can connect Soul and Lugia (who has connections with oceans and storms, a deadly combination) together with both representing "death".

Yes, Ho-Oh and Lugia were the original Life and Death Pokemon, Xerneas and Yveltal are just more blatant about it.

Omega Ruby: Omega means "end" which, from what we heard of ORAS's story, could mean a few things. It could mean Team Magma's overall goal to "end" the age or humans and Pokemon trying to coexist so that humans can finally become the definite dominant species on the planet thus needing more land to expand. It could also mean all end to life as we'll know it since most if not all life on Earth needs water to live and Primal Groudon will try to evaporate ALL water leaving Earth as a barren wasteland.
Alpha Sapphire: Alpha means "beginning" and unlike Omega it sort of all points to once concept: all life began in the water. Team Aqua's plan is to expand the oceans since that's where life came from, and Primal Kougra will pretty much cover the entire planet in water allowing aquatic life to prosper and thus bring in a new age and opportunity for new kind of lifeforms.

... SO there's also sort of a life-death theme going on here... beginning to think Xerneas and Yveltal weren't really needed...

I more meant the game actually explaining it instead of letting us come up with the answer. I could come up with possible connections with the additional words, here's another take on things:

Heart Gold: In Johto's mythology, Ho-Oh perched on the Tin/Bell Tower which is said where Pokemon went to be "awakened", which could be interpreted as meaning being born or are given life. The "heart" is often portrayed in many cultures as being the symbol of life. Thus we can connect Heart and Ho-Oh (who itself is based on various Phoenix mythology who have long/immortal lives and can resurrect themselves or others) together with both representing "life".
Soul Silver: In Johto's mythology, Lugia perched on the Brass/Burned Tower which is said where Pokemon went to "rest", which could be interpreted as meaning to die. The soul is often thought as what a person truly is, thus when you die your soul leaves your earthly body behind as it goes on to the after life. Thus we can connect Soul and Lugia (who has connections with oceans and storms, a deadly combination) together with both representing "death".

Yes, Ho-Oh and Lugia were the original Life and Death Pokemon, Xerneas and Yveltal are just more blatant about it.

Omega Ruby: Omega means "end" which, from what we heard of ORAS's story, could mean a few things. It could mean Team Magma's overall goal to "end" the age or humans and Pokemon trying to coexist so that humans can finally become the definite dominant species on the planet thus needing more land to expand. It could also mean all end to life as we'll know it since most if not all life on Earth needs water to live and Primal Groudon will try to evaporate ALL water leaving Earth as a barren wasteland.
Alpha Sapphire: Alpha means "beginning" and unlike Omega it sort of all points to once concept: all life began in the water. Team Aqua's plan is to expand the oceans since that's where life came from, and Primal Kougra will pretty much cover the entire planet in water allowing aquatic life to prosper and thus bring in a new age and opportunity for new kind of lifeforms.

... SO there's also sort of a life-death theme going on here... beginning to think Xerneas and Yveltal weren't really needed...
Regardless of how you interpret it, the additions to the titles aren't really anything that -needs- to be explored in-game. It just needs to be something to avoid confusion with the original game and have some sort of connection with the cover Pokémon.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus

Not really, as both of them create and destroy simultaneously. Groudon's droughts stopped Kyogre's downpours but dried up the land and vice-versa.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Regardless of how you interpret it, the additions to the titles aren't really anything that -needs- to be explored in-game. It just needs to be something to avoid confusion with the original game and have some sort of connection with the cover Pokémon.
*shrugs* Then they might as well have named it Land/Magma Ruby & Sea/Aqua Sapphire.

Not really, as both of them create and destroy simultaneously. Groudon's droughts stopped Kyogre's downpours but dried up the land and vice-versa.
Well that's the problem with a beginning-end theme, whenever something begins it sometimes means its causing something else to end while when something ends that could open up for a new beginning. I did try my best to focus the theme of each but Team Magma's goal will begin a new era for humanity/Primal Groudon will begin a new era of the planet while Team Aqua's goal/Primal Kyogre will cause the end of land lifeforms. But being the two are suppose to be interconnected that way it would make sense. Also it gives the story a biblical level of importance as these are the first games which featured the plot having disaster which is global sized.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
*shrugs* Then they might as well have named it Land/Magma Ruby & Sea/Aqua Sapphire.

Well that's the problem with a beginning-end theme, whenever something begins it sometimes means its causing something else to end while when something ends that could open up for a new beginning. I did try my best to focus the theme of each but Team Magma's goal will begin a new era for humanity/Primal Groudon will begin a new era of the planet while Team Aqua's goal/Primal Kyogre will cause the end of land lifeforms. But being the two are suppose to be interconnected that way it would make sense. Also it gives the story a biblical level of importance as these are the first games which featured the plot having disaster which is global sized.
You're overthinking about this; the names probably mean absolutely nothing and were chosen because rule of cool. Even if they did mean something it could go either way since I could say the converse (inverse?) of what you said (Groudon ends water life, Kyogte brings a new era of aquatic life similar to the IRL early stages of Earth) and it would still apply.

Anyway, Eon Ticket news:

So looks like the Serial Code for the Eon Ticket is going to be limited to a few places and you'll be able to transfer a copy over to another game via StreetPass.

... I'm going to assume (hope) this is just for the first round of distributions of the Eon Ticket and they'll do ones later on, one that'll hopefully be at a game store.
The tickets are bring distributed to two small groups of people who are likely to street pass many players. You get the Eon ticket for Street passing people who already have it. I think they just mean to "distribute" it using a "Zombie Outbreak" method. So I doubt they'll give out more codes. Just keep your 3DS on you and eventually street pass someone with the ticket. Alternatively I'm pretty sure you'll be like 99.999% guaranteed to get it if you carry your 3DS around with you at the next anime/nerd con you go to.

The tickets are bring distributed to two small groups of people who are likely to street pass many players. You get the Eon ticket for Street passing people who already have it. I think they just mean to "distribute" it using a "Zombie Outbreak" method. So I doubt they'll give out more codes. Just keep your 3DS on you and eventually street pass someone with the ticket. Alternatively I'm pretty sure you'll be like 99.999% guaranteed to get it if you carry your 3DS around with you at the next anime/nerd con you go to.
I'm personally assuming that this will just be an 'initial' promotion and that the Eon Ticket will be distributed as normal over wi-fi/in-store at a later date; it'd be kind of odd for them to just lock it off to this one obscure method. Besides, we don't even have the full details yet, so...

I'm personally assuming that this will just be an 'initial' promotion and that the Eon Ticket will be distributed as normal over wi-fi/in-store at a later date; it'd be kind of odd for them to just lock it off to this one obscure method. Besides, we don't even have the full details yet, so...
Not saying your wrong, but then why would they add in this feature that spreads the item through street pass when they never did that with any other event before? To me it seems like they're trying out a new kind of promotion. There's a lot of extra and new types of promoting that come along with a bunch of Pokemon players trying to street pass each other especially since that's a local interaction.

Also Pokemon's been the only main title Nintendo handheld game that didn't use the 3DS street pass feature (not really anyway) So I think it might be part of a push to get people tagging eachother bases and more involved in that whole social part of the game play as well, while also satisfying Nintendo's desire to promote a ton of other things through street pass.

Not saying your wrong, but then why would they add in this feature that spreads the item through street pass when they never did that with any other event before? To me it seems like they're trying out a new kind of promotion. There's a lot of extra and new types of promoting that come along with a bunch of Pokemon players trying to street pass each other especially since that's a local interaction.

Also Pokemon's been the only main title Nintendo handheld game that didn't use the 3DS street pass feature (not really anyway) So I think it might be part of a push to get people tagging eachother bases and more involved in that whole social part of the game play as well, while also satisfying Nintendo's desire to promote a ton of other things through street pass.
Except that this is, iirc, the first time streetpass has let you access a whole new exclusive area. Streetpass Plaza let you get new puzzle pieces and progress in streetpass quest, games like FE:A let you battle other peoples' teams, it was nothing really outstanding, just nice quirky little things that don't matter that much - in comparison, an event which lets you go to a whole new island to get a Pokémon normally not obtainable in your version, in addition to possible story and items seems a much grander scale than what Streetpass would usually do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)