ORAS General Discussion - Mark 2 - Spoilers Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not unheard of to give an E4 member more focus than the others, like with Flint or Malva.
well there's "more focus" and then there's giving someone a tiara
still, about as solid a theory as any I guess.

Actually it'd be kind of neat if they reused the necklace, glove & ring since they're already sitting in the data anyway.

DragonWhale

It's not a misplay, it's RNG manipulation
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
1: Rayquaza's mega stone isn't present
2: Looking at the item's list, there are alot of past gen event items listed like galatic key, oak's letter, slowpoke tail, and a few others.

EDIT: Even roller skates which were confirmed removed are in the pastebin.
1) Rayquaza is confirmed to evolve through the trainer's prayers instead of a mega stone (whether it can hold anything is still unknown)
2) It's common practice to have previous game items in data form so it doesn't cause the game to break when someone hacks the items over. They did it for pretty much every Pokemon game since DP.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I don't recall Emerald/DPPt's Frontiers, was there any key item related to them? Say, a Frontier Case were the symbols would be stored?

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
THEORY TIME

So we saw that there are three meteorites

This is the Meteorite we know and love

This appears to be the meteor shard

What are these? Oddly shaped megastones?

Now as far as I'm concerned, all the other mega stones are smooth and round. We also know that Rayquaza's mega evolution is unique. It seems likely that this is Rayquaza's mega stone.

All 3 meteorites (not counting the shard), reference the same location. You obtain them at Mt Chimney, but the way they are worded implies that it's not 3 meteorites, but one meteorite that you obtain and slowly break down to reveal the gem inside.

Meteorite - A Meteorite that you got at Mt. Chimney. It gives off a faint glow.
Meteorite - A Meteorite that you got at Mt. Chimney. It continues to give off a faint glow and is slightly warm to the touch.
Meteorite - A Meteorite that you got at Mt. Chimney. Some sort of pattern has risen to the surface, and it’s shining with seven colors of light.

The trailer and official site mentioned that Rayquaza mega evolves through the influence of a Mega Stone of some sort.

DragonWhale

It's not a misplay, it's RNG manipulation
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I don't recall Emerald/DPPt's Frontiers, was there any key item related to them? Say, a Frontier Case were the symbols would be stored?
Emerald was a Frontier Pass (an extension of the trainer card) and gen 4 was Frontier Record (an extension of the VS Recorder), so technically not an item.

Also, hot springs pictures have been released. They go in fully clothed lol.

Emerald was a Frontier Pass (an extension of the trainer card) and gen 4 was Frontier Record (an extension of the VS Recorder), so technically not an item.

Also, hot springs pictures have been released. They go in fully clothed lol.
No Hot Grannies in my Hot water? That's it I'm canceling my pre-order...

On a serious note we need more puddles.

Despite literally every sort of precedent for key items, the frontier pass did not appear to be a distinct key item. The SS Aqua ticket also doesn't mention it, assuming the bulbapedia description is correct.

Hahaha just to rub more salt on the wound. "We were one step away from introducing these megas, but we didn't."
Wow Gamefreak first you make Mega Glalie use Blizzard on Flygon, and then Blaziken Ice Punch Flygon, and now this.

For those concerned, yes, I have gone through all five stages of grief. If my paycheck provides enough money for a 3DS + a game, yes I will still be buying it. It's not the end of the world, and I'm looking forward to exploring Pokemon in 3D :)(my last handheld game was the original Ruby.)

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I noticed Blaziken doesn't get Ice Punch via level up/move relearner, but Glalie does get Freeze-Dry at level 42. The Move Tutor list we have might not be complete.

To be honest.. I really think they did fuck up the mega roster for these games. Firstly, pidgeot, the bird of kanto, over swellow the bird of hoenn? Not that I care for swellow anyway.. but just the idea bothers me so much. One.. ONE... gen 5 mega evolution.. and it's the EXP farmer? As much as I LOVE mega beedrill.. I really feel like they should've gave dustox, the regional bug of hoenn a mega for now or alongside beedrill and of course the controversary of beedrill vs. butterfree getting megas should've atleast been balanced with a mega butterfree..

It just doesn't feel complete..

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
To be honest.. I really think they did fuck up the mega roster for these games. Firstly, pidgeot, the bird of kanto, over swellow the bird of hoenn? Not that I care for swellow anyway.. but just the idea bothers me so much.
TwitchPlaysPokemon.
One.. ONE... gen 5 mega evolution.. and it's the EXP farmer?
The only BW Pokemon that really got any popularity is Zoroark to be honest, and Illusion would probably screw with Mega Evolution...
As much as I LOVE mega beedrill.. I really feel like they should've gave dustox, the regional bug of hoenn a mega for now or alongside beedrill and of course the controversary of beedrill vs. butterfree getting megas should've atleast been balanced with a mega butterfree..
Fuck Dustox, but I'll agree with the latter part. #justiceforbutterfree

Oh I just noticed a "mega cuff" in the pastebin

again i guess one of the e4 is getting this and the other 2 just double up

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
oh man, actual game changer

i dont have to go into the battle maison for life orbs praise the lord
Choice Items on the other hand...

Anyway, I don't know how many people know this, but Compoundeyes increases the chances of wild Pokemon holding items. I'm pointing this out because I didn't know this until I saw someone else point it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)