ORAS General Discussion - Mark 2 - Spoilers Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
You obviously never SR'd for Zapdos. And in ORAS it's going to be even worse because we need to do the entire selection process for a lot of legendaries (since according to Game Freak every pokemon is obtainable with XY and ORAS). That's going to take forever.
I SR'd for Mewtwo and a few hours saw me get a great spread.And I really hate being told what I have and haven't done.

You can't say how this will work yet. But it's than before when getting good Pokemon = learning to RNG.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I SR'd for Mewtwo and a few hours saw me get a great spread.And I really hate being told what I have and haven't done.

You can't say how this will work yet. But it's than before when getting good Pokemon = learning to RNG.
Good for you, you got really fucking lucky on a Pokemon that doesn't need a specific Hidden Power to be competitively viable. Go SR for a Modest HP Fire Xerneas (which probably doesn't even legitimately exist atm) or Hasty/Naive Yvetal with all 6 perfect IVs and tell us with a straight face that it isn't a fucking chore.

It's still one of the worst parts about Pokemon that needs to be hacked out and replaced with a system that doesn't require any sort of luck.

Last edited:

DragonWhale

It's not a misplay, it's RNG manipulation
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
At least they'll all have the 3 free 31 IV's. Although if you want PERFECTION yeah that will suck.
Perfection will literally take forever. You need to set a bar that you'll accept.
Even considering the bare minimum for HP pokemon, 1/16 for type, 1/20 for the ideal location of the 31 IVs, 1/2 for synchonize is a 1/640 chance.

Congrats. You do realize that Mewtwo is a lot easier to SR because it has the coverage it needs already without HP, right? I wouldn't had struggled if Zapdos learns ice beam.

Good for you, you got really fucking lucky. It's still one of the worst parts about Pokemon that needs to be hacked out and replaced with a system that doesn't require any sort of luck.
Boohoo.

GF can't do right by some people but the same people are going to buy and talk about the game, no matter what.

Perfection will literally take forever. You need to set a bar that you'll accept.
Even considering the bare minimum for HP pokemon, 1/16 for type, 1/20 for the ideal location of the 31 IVs, 1/2 for synchonize is a 1/640 chance.

Congrats. You do realize that Mewtwo is a lot easier to SR because it has the coverage it needs already without HP, right? I wouldn't had struggled if Zapdos learns ice beam.
The first bit is incorrect, the second is just moaning.

Besides, I've traded for a HP ice Zapdos. So, another solution.

It's not like GF hasn't put solutions in place.

Even considering the bare minimum for HP pokemon, 1/17 for type, 1/20 for the ideal location of the 31 IVs, 1/2 for synchonize is a 1/680 chance.
1/17 for type? Why would the type change at all? Oh nevermind, I don't RNG and this isn't the place to discuss it.

I'm a little disappointed in the compatibility between XY and ORAS, in that there isn't any (at least with the new stuff). I was expecting some kind of proxy or pseudo sim of it (like the past gens had no visuals but the effects remained, with a few exceptions) but they really went hardline this time. It's almost like we have a gen 6.5, where we get 20ish megas/primals and lack of backward compatibility, but still some weak connectivity.

I'd be more angry if I weren't already getting ORAS but I really hope they reverse this "no patch" rule in the future. XY and ORAS should be able to play together with full content. It might be a lot to ask for trading the new stuff over, but I really think an X player should be able to battle some OR's Mega-Pidgeot.

DragonWhale

is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
1/17 for type? Why would the type change at all? Oh nevermind, I don't RNG and this isn't the place to discuss it.
1/17 is a mistake on my part, it's actually 1/16 for the hidden power types (more or less).

The first bit is incorrect, the second is just moaning.

Besides, I've traded for a HP ice Zapdos. So, another solution.

It's not like GF hasn't put solutions in place.
If you're going to call someone out for being incorrect, you should elaborate before you start to sound desperate for a comeback.
Game Freak put solutions in place, and trading is one of them? Haha yeah, I bet Game Freak intended for their users to clone valuable pokemon and redistribute them.

Moving on, in the original games did you always bring the Southern Island ticket to your father first and then hop on a ship from there?

While it might have been just a trailer or demo shot, I thought you brought the Eon Ticket to either Mr. Briney or the SS Tidal Sailor. I wonder if this means they have been removed or there function has changed...

1/17 is a mistake on my part, it's actually 1/16 for the hidden power types (more or less).

If you're going to call someone out for being incorrect, you should elaborate before you start to sound desperate for a comeback.
Game Freak put solutions in place, and trading is one of them? Haha yeah, I bet Game Freak intended for their users to clone valuable pokemon and redistribute them.
I'm just bored of talking about it. Especially as I'm trying to bring this back on topic.

I just hope that this mystical place in ORAS allows multiple legendary captures. The lower catch rates sounds promising and will probably serve to further the matching ball obsession in trading circles.

Apricorn Balls would have been the icing on the cake in that respect.

Change of pace and looking at the pastebin data I saw this gem of a Trainer Horde:

Team Magma/Aqua Grunts
======
Pokemon: 5
Mightyena (Lv. 25) (Ability: Intimidate) (Moves: Snarl/Roar/Assurance/―――――) IVs: All 0
Mightyena (Lv. 25) (Ability: Intimidate) (Moves: Snarl/Roar/Assurance/―――――) IVs: All 0
======

This encounter will probably be the most annoying and the most amusing encounter at the same time from the games. The fact that you will get quintuple intimidated is annoying and Snarl makes it worse, even Assurance which deals mighty damage if you have already taken damage. The true amusing part is the fact that they may end up roaring away your own de-buffs, making them have to work on neutralising your offence again (on the special side anyway). What a crazy encounter that I am looking forward to when I get to play ORAS!
This actually shows some interesting things:
1: Hordes are about half the standard level usually. We don't know if this applies to Trainer Hordes; but this suggests this happens while other trainers are Lv 50. That suggests a level curve change.
2: Team Magma/Aqua actually evolve their Poochyenas. If this applies to other trainers and such; it could help justify the higher curve.

DragonWhale

This actually shows some interesting things:
1: Hordes are about half the standard level usually. We don't know if this applies to Trainer Hordes; but this suggests this happens while other trainers are Lv 50. That suggests a level curve change.
2: Team Magma/Aqua actually evolve their Poochyenas. If this applies to other trainers and such; it could help justify the higher curve.
Elite Four Sidney has a team of level 50s. I highly doubt the curve is going to be that different from the original games.

Okay, so I don't think this has been discussed yet, but there is a good chance Rayquaza doesn't mega through a 'Rayquazite'

If you look at the Japanese stream (
) where they first showcased Mega Rayquaza, you can see that while the Charizard had the text "Opponent's Charizardite is reacting to Alpha's mega bracelet!", Rayquaza's line was "Omega's strong prayers were sent to Rayquaza!" Also, on the official page Rayquaza is confirmed to mega-evolve in a different way from other pokemon. Therefore, there is a possibility that Rayquazaite doesn't exist and it can maybe even battle holding any item!

Could someone please explain what effect occurred after Mega Rayquaza used Dragon Ascent? At least one of it's stats were lowered, but I can't read Japanese, and so I don't know which one.

Something is bugging me, i check lvl-up, egg and move tutor but Glalie CAN'T learn Freeze-Dry, so why have we this :

Glacia's Team :
Glalie (Lv. 52) (Ability: Inner Focus) (Moves: Light Screen/Ice Shard/Hail/Crunch)
Froslass (Lv. 52) (Ability: Snow Cloak) (Moves: Confuse Ray/Blizzard/Hail/Ominous Wind)
Glalie (Lv. 52) (Ability: Inner Focus) (Moves: Protect/Ice Shard/Hail/Freeze-Dry) ???
Froslass (Lv. 52) (Ability: Snow Cloak) (Moves: Draining Kiss/Blizzard/Hail/Shadow Ball)
Walrein (Lv. 54) (Ability: Thick Fat) (Moves: Surf/Body Slam/Blizzard/Sheer Cold)

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Looks like Game Freak have given us some answers about the compatibility between the games. Serebii has made a good page on it here:

http://www.serebii.net/omegarubyalphasapphire/compatibility.shtml

Codraroll This might be of particular interest to you :)

Something is bugging me, i check lvl-up, egg and move tutor but Glalie CAN'T learn Freeze-Dry, so why have we this :

Glacia's Team :
Glalie (Lv. 52) (Ability: Inner Focus) (Moves: Light Screen/Ice Shard/Hail/Crunch)
Froslass (Lv. 52) (Ability: Snow Cloak) (Moves: Confuse Ray/Blizzard/Hail/Ominous Wind)
Glalie (Lv. 52) (Ability: Inner Focus) (Moves: Protect/Ice Shard/Hail/Freeze-Dry) ???
Froslass (Lv. 52) (Ability: Snow Cloak) (Moves: Draining Kiss/Blizzard/Hail/Shadow Ball)
Walrein (Lv. 54) (Ability: Thick Fat) (Moves: Surf/Body Slam/Blizzard/Sheer Cold)
This is interesting. I didn't recognise Glalie obtaining this new move either in it's learnset for ORAS... But I might be wrong. This could be learnt after the data we have from the demo (not totally out of the question).

EDIT: I'm derping pretty badly. None of the Demo mons have their proper level up movesets. So I would suggest this is learnt by Glalie after the demo data. If its not when we get the full games, there might be another game move error.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion

Glacia's Team :
Glalie's ORAS level-up moves are not complete — every Pokémon available for use in the demo has no level-up moves to prevent people from grinding EXP and figuring them out. It's likely that Freeze Dry was added as a level-up move (just like Dual Chop Sceptile).

Glalie's ORAS level-up moves are not complete — every Pokémon available for use in the demo has no level-up moves to prevent people from grinding EXP and figuring them out. It's likely that Freeze Dry was added as a level-up move (just like Dual Chop Sceptile).
Thanks! (tho' that probably means it's only for Glalie and not Froslass. :( )

>sees E4 roster for first time
>Glacia now has four of the same evolutionary line
*snrk*
gg gf; add in more ice types yet still somehow make glacia more repetitive

that said, kinda gotta wonder why froslass isn't on phoebe's team. I mean I guess it'd mean the same pokemon on two E4's teams, but...

edit: HOLD THE PHONE

Phoebe's Sableye has Prankster??? Have non-battle facility trainers always had access to hidden abilities?

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
>sees E4 roster for first time
>Glacia now has four of the same evolutionary line
*snrk*
gg gf; add in more ice types yet still somehow make glacia more repetitive

that said, kinda gotta wonder why froslass isn't on phoebe's team. I mean I guess it'd mean the same pokemon on two E4's teams, but...

edit: HOLD THE PHONE

Phoebe's Sableye has Prankster??? Have non-battle facility trainers always had access to hidden abilities?
You pretty much just said what I said in my Elite Four look over for Glacia.

BTW, according to the data Sableye does indeed have Prankster... yet no Status Moves.

Ok so I think there may be a mistake here: In the trailer where they introduce some of the gym leaders, the elite four and their pokemon, at the battle against Phoebe she was shown to have her Dusknoir that used will-o-wisp. But, here is her Dusknoir moveset according to the data dump from the pastebin:

Dusknoir (Lv. 53) (Ability: Pressure) (Moves: Hex/Fire Punch/Ice Punch/Thunder Punch) IVs: All 25

No will-o-wisp. Something`s wrong here...

If I had to guess anything, the demo and the trailers are based on two different builds of the game as they were making it.

Now the question is, which is closer to the final product, neh?

Ok so I think there may be a mistake here: In the trailer where they introduce some of the gym leaders, the elite four and their pokemon, at the battle against Phoebe she was shown to have her Dusknoir that used will-o-wisp. But, here is her Dusknoir moveset according to the data dump from the pastebin:

Dusknoir (Lv. 53) (Ability: Pressure) (Moves: Hex/Fire Punch/Ice Punch/Thunder Punch) IVs: All 25

No will-o-wisp. Something`s wrong here...
I think that move animation Dusknoir used is Hex.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Has anyone fought a Meditite in the demo and seen it use Hidden Power? I though the updated animation was real nice, looking forward to seeing which other moves received changes and how they look!

I suppose Freeze-dry will be included in Glalie's level-up movepool, but I really wanted it to be in Snorunt's (or as an egg move) because Freeze-dry Froslass would be really cool. Also, why is Technician Draining Kiss still not a thing? Roserade and Mr. Mime would love it (the image of Mr. Mime using the move is pretty disturbing, though).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)