Resource ORAS Good Cores (Check Post #714)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys im back with a simple core. Enjoy

Mega Houndoom+Klefki Offensive Core

+

Pretty simple core. As most of you know mega houndoom never really gets to abuse sun as the only sun setters are charizard-y which cant be used due to being a mega and ninetails which is really meh. So i came up with this Simple HO core that allows doom to abuse the sun and plow through fat teams or pick off mons much faster by providing Sunny day support! Klefki as many of you know can be used on rain teams to act as a second rain setter and the same can also go for sun. The idea is that when all of the threats to doom are gone you bring out klefki and set up sun allowing doom to get Solar power activated for a few turns this skyrockets his power allowing him to either break walls even better or clean the rest of the opposition. Good teamates for this core would be hazard removal as doom is rock weak so this makes starmie and the latis solid partners providing a answer to keldeo who walls doom while also removing hazards. Rocks to go with klefkis spikes from pokemon like landorus-T and garchomp can work well. As this is a Ho core make sure to pair doom up with somthing like Breloom or azu which can help doom finish the game. Enjoy.

Houndoom @ Houndoominite
Ability: Flash Fire
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Nasty Plot
- Sludge Bomb

Klefki @ Heat Rock
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Sunny Day
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Play Rough

Dr Ciel

Banned deucer.
Someone once called this core cancerous when I posted it in Le OU room.

Gliscor + Suicune Balanced Core

Gliscor is an excellent stallbreaker for offensive teams with a Swords Dance set or a Taunt set, being able to take down common stall archetypes with it's solid defensive typing and amazing ability in Poison Heal allows it to be a sheer annoyance to more defensively minded teams. Despite all this, Gliscor has a few threats it fails to get past. The first and foremost of these are Ice types, such as Weavile and Mamoswine, and several powerful water types including the likes of Starmie. CroCune is able to check most of these Pokemon by virtue of decent bulk coupled with an amazing ability in Pressure, allowing it to stall several Pokemon out. Suicunes threats include Grass types, including the likes of Celebi and Ferrothorn to an extent. Gliscor can annoy these Pokemon to no end if running Taunt, and can set up on them if running SD Threats to this core are powerful attackers such as LO Kyurem-B and Charizard-Y, and Grass types, most notably Mega Venusaur. Solid partners to this core include Mega Altaria, which can check the majority of Water types, most notably Keldeo, Starmie, while in return, Suicune can check Steel types, while Gliscor can annoy Ferrothorn. Other solid partners include Chansey, which can check Chary-Y, and Unaware / Magic Guard Clefable, which can check Kyurem-B (lacking Iron Head) and Serperior. Enjoy. ^.^

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 8 Def / 200 SpD / 56 Spe
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Knock Off / Facade
- Roost

or

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 8 Def / 200 SpD / 56 Spe
Careful Nature
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Roost
- Earthquake / Knock Off

Suicune @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
+

I honestly don't know why this hasn't been posted yet (I searched the entire thread so if I missed it kill me) but these two are kind of the face of HO rn and I almost always end up using these two on offense. There's not a lot to explain but alakazam acts as an anti balance mon that breaks down weavile's C&Cs like mega venusaur and fighting types such as keldeo, so weavile has an easier time cleaning up in the late game. In return, weavile beats stuff alakazam hates like non scarf jirachi, av torn-t, and DDers like Mega Altaria. The two also work well due to their insane speed tiers, and they don't even take up the mega slot, unless mega alakazam is run, which is definitely a viable option. Overall, these two perform admirably together and I recommend using them.

Talonflame or another fire type like heatran takes care of the problematic scizor and clefable weakness.

Sets:

Alakazam @ Life Orb
Ability: magic guard
Evs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Encore

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off
- Pursuit / Poison Jab / Swords Dance

Last edited:

After coming back after a long hiatus, I was surprised to find that Mega Heracross had dropped so far since the end of XY, and set out to prove his worth.

Sets I typically run:
Heracross-Mega @ Heracronite
Ability: Guts
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast
- Close Combat

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Toxic / Fire Blast

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Healing Wish
- U-turn
- Zen Headbutt / Ice Punch / Grass Knot
- Iron Head
So what makes this core so strong?
-
This core centers around Mega Heracross, who is an incredible wallbreaker, yet struggles against common things like Talonflame, Charizard, and Fairies in general. Garchomp serves as your check to Talonflame and Charizard-Y, which both Heracross and Jirachi struggle with. Now here's where Jirachi fits in, Mega Altaria, Gengar and Clefable give this core trouble, so you supplement the two with a Scarf Jirachi. While using Tank Chomp, I've found that he gets worn down quite easily without leftovers, so Healing Wish Jirachi also fits the bill, letting you keep your Chomp healthy.

What threats does this core suffer from?
-
Charizard-X destroys Garchomp, so consider teammates such as Tyranitar or Azumarill.
- Bisharp can put a pretty nasty dent in your Garchomp. Teammates such as Skarmory, Heatran and Keldeo are all great checks.

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life
Mega Heracross + Hoopa-Unbound Offensive/ Balance Core
Man, do I love Mega Heracross. He is an amazing wallbreaker with good bulk, and I say he is a bit underrated, but he does have his fair share of problems, like a 4x Flying weakness, and he has trouble with fast Psychic types, although they are scared of a potential Pin Missle. He also has a bit of trouble against more offensive teams in general, although he is awesome at demolishing slower teams. Here comes Choice Scarf Hoopa-U, here to help Mega Hera aginst offense teams and Psychic types and be an all around powerful mon in general. There are problems to this core, though. Fairy types can beat both of these two, but they are hit hard by Hoopa-U's Gunk Shot and Mega Heracross has so much attack it can do a good chunk to them with Close Combat or Rock Blast. Gengar is a neat offensive option to kill the Fairies. Talonflame gives this core a hell of a lot of trouble, so pokemon like Thundurus go well with this core, although Thundy can sometimes be too frail to take down a Talonflame. Skarmory is also a nice addition to the core, setting up and clearing out hazards, and walling Fairies and Dragons. And that's the core!

The Horn (Heracross) @ Heracronite
Ability: Guts
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast
- Swords Dance

Golan (Hoopa-Unbound) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magician
EVs: 96 Atk / 204 SpA / 208 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Gunk Shot
/Hide
- Focus Blast
- Psychic

Quick question- why do the Zard X Dragon Dancers in these cores run Jolly 104/220/184 instead of Jolly 72/252/184?

Quick question- why do the Zard X Dragon Dancers in these cores run Jolly 104/220/184 instead of Jolly 72/252/184?
It's enough speed to beat scarf lando-t at +1 and enough attack for this:
220 Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Flare Blitz vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Landorus-T: 280-330 (87.7 - 103.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
(After a DD and intimidate you are +0)
Remaining EVs in HP for more bulk

AD impish john

Consumed by Darkness...
I love using underrated/uncommon threats as they bring spice up in the tier instead of the same mons making the battles boring. And recently I have been using Mega Banette, Mega Medicham, and even Durant, but its time for something new. Mega Heracross!

Mega Heracross+Weavile (Trapping Core)

Heracross-Mega @ Heracronite
Ability: Moxie / Guts
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast
- Substitute / Swords Dance

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard / Low Kick / Poison Jab
- Icicle Crash
- Pursuit

Here's a fun core to use. Mega Heracross is a very underrated Pokemon and is sometimes underestimated in its power. Its Ability Skill Link makes weak moves like Pin Missile, and Rock Blast able to hit all 5 times, and this is very helpful in Wall-Breaking as these moves can break the opposing Substitutes and can still continue the damage. Mega Heracross has great bulk in its defenses so it can take a hit neutral hit well from opposing Pokemon that attack it. Swords Dance can replace Substitute making it monster tearing through everything. All though Mega Heracross is strong it has its flaws, mostly because of its Speed making most fast mons a threat to him; that's where Weavile comes in. Weavile's role to is to pursuit trap the common threats to Mega Heracross; such as Latios, Latias, Starmie, and Tornadus-Therian. Its Ice Typing and is a great offense helping Mega Heracross, making it able to kill Landorus-Therian, Mega Altaria, Dragonite, Garchomp, and the list continues. Poison Jab on Weavile is good to have to kill the Fairies but loses its Priority Ice Shard. And that is all I have to say, I hope you like my core, and have a nice day ^_^

Threats
Mega Sableye: This core can't touch it, unless Mega Heracross is hiding behind a Substitute to not get Will-O-Wisped, or it has already setup a Swords Dance. So having a Fairy type Pokemon would be good to have. 252 Atk Mega Heracross Pin Missile (5 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Sableye: 165-200 (54.2 - 65.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO. +2 252 Atk Mega Heracross Pin Missile (5 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Sableye: 335-395 (110.1 - 129.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO.
Azumarill: CTC confirmed This core has a bad time against it. Weavile's Poison Jab does massive damage to it, but its not a OHKO. (252 Atk Life Orb Weavile Poison Jab vs. 92 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 260-307 (71.4 - 84.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO)
Fairy Types: Weavile can run Poison Jab over Ice Shard to hit Fairies, but it won't do much to Clefable if it hasn't taken some damage yet. Having a Pokemon to kill Fairies is a must to have for using this core. Also say gg when Altaria raised its stats with a Dragon Dance. So get a Steel/Poison type to beat them.
Fire Types: These two Pokemon have the same weakness to Fire, not much to say there. So adding something to resist Fire is nice to have. Also Talonflame destroys this core, unless Mega Heracross is behind a Substitute revenge killing it with Rock Blast.

Last edited:
I got another core for you guys. enjoy!

Mega manectric+Garchomp offensive Core

+

This is a fun core here. Lo Sd chomp is probably the best garchomp set right now. Its just so strong lol. (for the record it can 2hko Physically defensive clef and quag) Pair this up with a nice cleaner/pivot like mega manctric and you got yourself a nice and powerful offensive core. Chompers main goal is naturally to soften up and weaken bulky mons like hippowdon and other ground types that mane has trouble getting past normally so that mane can clean much with more ease. Manes set is pretty simple so i dont need to go into depth with it, garchomp however needs to be explained. Pretty much adamant is the preferd nature as you lose a lot of power going jolly nature. Of course you cant still run it if you want for the extra speed just keep in mind you wont be able to get the ko vs physically defensive clef. Dragon claw can be run over outrage if you want to avoid being locked into a move but its power Vs safe choice. stone edge is in the last slot so you get the imfamous Edge quake but you can run rocks over it if you want. This core likes having a pokemon with the move u-turn so this makes scizor or landorus-T a good partner. Hazard removers such as skarm,starmie and the latis pair well with this core providing nice offensive synergy with chomp or providing rocks+defog in skarms case. T-wave support from the like of clefable or klefki pairs nice with this core if running adamant on chomp.

Raijin (Manectric) @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Jaws the Musical (Garchomp) @ Life Orb
Ability: Rough Skin
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Outrage / Dragon Claw
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge

My first post on a thread like this so hopefully this doesn't suck (also don't really know how to post the sprites of them so bear with me)

But Mega Sableye and Heatran as a defensive core!

Sableye @ Sablenite
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 SpD
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Foul Play

A generic sableye set, knock off to get rid of items important to eviolite users, priority will-o-wisp to burn physical attackers, priority recover is crucial and foul play as another form of damage. It can sponge a lot of physical hits also being immune to fighting which heatran is weak to.

As well as the second member of this core being Heatran

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 210 SpD / 46 Def
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

This heatran is also pretty generic except I took some ev's out of speed in favor of defense, so it can take a couple hits on the physical side as well, and can take fairy type attacks which is sableye's only weakness and I feel as though they compliment eachother well.

Last edited:

So while building for a tour a few weeks ago, I wanted to use Mega Tar. Then I said to myself "What mons prevent it from beating teams after a DD, and whats something that can both lure and check those?" Well, I came up with NG Ice Talonflame :D Pretty great partner for Mega Ttar since pokemon such as the ever so popular Tank Chomp & Landorus love to switch into Talonflame. And not only that, but Bird checks Offensive mons that can usually always revenge even +1 Tar, such as Keldeo, Breloom and Lopunny. While at the same time, Tar can kill off weakened Rotoms w/ +1 Stone Edge, and breaks Slowbro via Crunch. Fire Punch is chosen in the last slot so that I can sweep through Scizor, Ferro, Bisharp, as well as hit Skarmory reliably. Aqua Tail is a fine option as well if you want to weaken Hippo & Gliscor immensely for Talonflame. As for the EVs, the Speed investment is enough to outrun Weavile @ +1, as well as positive base 70s unboosted

The core has alot of trouble breaking Hippowdon (if Tar is w/o Aqua Tail) and is obviously annoyed by Water spam. Solid partners are Latias & Ferrothorn, mainly because HW+Defog support is amazing for Tar+Talon, and Ferro reliably checks threats to the core such as Diancie, and beats Hippo 1v1 (and Azu if they didnt bop you with Superpower already lol)

Enjoy the core! [:

Importable

"I Live On The Edge" (Tyranitar-Mega) @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 8 HP / 252 Atk / 248 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Fire Punch / Aqua Tail
- Dragon Dance

TheBravestBus (Talonflame) @ Ganlon Berry
Ability: Gale Wings
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Brave Bird
- Natural Gift
- Swords Dance

Relevant calcs

+1 252 Atk Mega Tyranitar Stone Edge vs. 248 HP / 216+ Def Rotom-W: 205-243 (67.6 - 80.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after sandstorm damage and Leftovers recovery
+1 252 Atk Mega Tyranitar Crunch vs. 248 HP / 232+ Def Slowbro: 320-378 (81.4 - 96.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after sandstorm damage and Leftovers recovery
+1 252 Atk Mega Tyranitar Aqua Tail vs. 252 HP / 144+ Def Hippowdon: 246-290 (58.5 - 69%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-243110110
Friend of mine helped me test, shout outs to you buddy!
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-243353668
Tour game vs lord Mack Bus. Check out his channel (and subscribe ofc)
Link: https://m.youtube.com/user/MackBusMus

Last edited:
I feel like I'm about to unleash hell with this core but it's something I've been testing and had some good success at times with it.

+

Wobbuffet and Gothitelle probably form one of the most scary balance cores in OU by virtue of their trapping ability, Shadow Tag. With it, opponents are unable to switch out and yada yada yada. What makes this core so gifted is that with Encore, Wobbuffet can trap a mon into a status or boosting move, such as stealth rock. This allows Gothitelle to switch in and trick it's scarf onto the opponent and get a free set up to +6 with calm mind. This allows Gothitelle to potentially sweep the entire opponent team with this strategy. Also Wobbuffet can hurt offensive mons like mega-lop with counter and mirror coat respectively. Goth has max defensive to tank any potential physical hits it might take when sweeping, and wobb has special defensive investment to counter things like Alakazam more easily.

Now with the potential this core provides it also bring a ton of checks and counters. Ghost and Dark types are particularly bad as they can wall gothitelle, and decimate wobbuffet enough to break this core. Also coverage moves like U-turn and Knock Off are moves that aren't appreciated. Volt-Turn punishers such as Garchomp help ease the barrage of Knock Off and U-turns this core attracts. Also attackers that hit too hard can prove very overwhelming for this core. With the right team support, this core could be deadly in the right hands.

Gothitelle @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 Def / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 Atk
- Trick
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Psychic

Wobbuffet @ Custap Berry
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Destiny Bond
- Encore
- Counter
- Mirror Coat

Defensive Core:

This is 1 of my favorite core beginning of mg oras. Chesntran it's a really fantastic core, heatran is able to check all chesnaught weakness , and chesnaught does the same with heatran, together they manage SR and Spikes which are always very annoyng especially vs HO, all of this shows that Heatran + Chesnaught it's a perfect core, perfect typing , and good bulkyness on either side. Latias is 1 of most powerful and underestimated mega of the mg in fact its usage icreased only for counter Landorus-I , and after the ban they started to decline. Latias it's able to take advantage of hazard and play very good with chesnaught and heatran, because this last can check many problems of the dragon, in more latias with stored power can sweep whole team.

Sets:

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 192 SpD / 76 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Chesnaught @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Drain Punch
- Spiky Shield
- Leech Seed
- Spikes

Latias @ Latiasite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 232 HP / 84 Def / 192 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Roost
- Substitute
- Stored Power

Pinsir-Mega @ Pinsirite
Ability: Aerilate
Happiness: 0
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Frustration
- Quick Attack
- Close Combat

Landorus-Therian @ Yache Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Explosion

This is a wallbreaking core that works very good a heavy offense builds.

Its no secret that offensive grounds pair well with Pinsir. SD Landorus-T is an extremely powerful wall breaker that gives balance a lot of trouble. The Yache Berry is a pretty clutch item on this Landorus. It lets you check Manectric and Loppuny, two mons that are usually difficult to deal with for HO. Manectric especially cuz I have Pinsir. Explosion is a cool move to get big damage on Rotom W, Slowbro and stuff able to tank a hit and ko back. Yache Landorus is pretty hard to check right away so it works great as an early lead/wall breaker against teams. With Explosion+Yache this guy kills every Pinsir check.

Mega Pinsir is a threat. It can afford to run Adamant Nature since Jolly doesn't outspeed anything notable since Garchomp and Charizard is usually slower now and Landorus is banned. Quick Attack is decently strong priority. Close Combat pairs nicely with it's physical flying moves to hits Skarm and Rotom harder.

This team has difficulties switching into water types so stuff like latios and Azu are good for switching in.

Also other physical sweepers like Talonflame, azumarill, weavile, etc work well with this core.

Last edited:

Pinsir-Mega @ Pinsirite
Ability: Aerilate
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Frustration
- Quick Attack
- Close Combat

Landorus-Therian @ Yache Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Explosion

This is a wallbreaking core that works very good a heavy offense builds.

Its no secret that offensive grounds pair well with Pinsir. SD Landorus-T is an extremely powerful wall breaker that gives balance a lot of trouble. The Yache Berry is a pretty clutch item on this Landorus. It lets you check Manectric and Loppuny, two mons that are usually difficult to deal with for HO. Manectric especially cuz I have Pinsir. Explosion is a cool move to get big damage on Rotom W, Slowbro and stuff able to tank a hit and ko back. Yache Landorus is pretty hard to check right away so it works great as an early lead/wall breaker against teams. With Explosion+Yache this guy kills every Pinsir check.

Mega Pinsir is a threat. It can afford to run Adamant Nature since Jolly doesn't outspeed anything notable since Garchomp and Charizard is usually slower now and Landorus is banned. Quick Attack is decently strong priority. Close Combat pairs nicely with it's physical flying moves to hits Skarm and Rotom harder.

This team has difficulties switching into water types so stuff like latios and Azu are good for switching in.

Also other physical sweepers like Talonflame, azumarill, weavile, etc work well with this core.
Would it be a good idea to have smack down on the lando, to deal with rotoms and skarms on the switch-in for pinsir?

Last edited:
Would it be a good idea to have smack down on the lando, to deal with rotoms and skarms on the switch-in for pinsir?
kinda gimmicky. It sounds good on paper but you need to use it on the switch to not get burnt/hydro for Rotom. And even then the opponent can just switch out.

Explosion hits everything really hard lol.

kinda gimmicky. It sounds good on paper but you need to use it on the switch to not get burnt/hydro for Rotom. And even then the opponent can just switch out.

Explosion hits everything really hard lol.
Actually Smack Down is a very viable option that maintains intense pressure on the other side as then many mons who rely on their ability or type become neutered and creates a ton of forced switches.

Fabio (Mega Ampharos) + Durant Offensive Core.

Overview
: Mega Ampharos has been used more often lately because of Pokeaim and this thing is a monster. It has base 165 sp. atk so even if you plan to run it defensivly, you still have enough power to be effective from the offensive end. I prefer agility offense however. Mega Ampharos can easily switch in to Torn-T, Talonflame, Zapdos, and Serp and force them out giving you the ability to set up an agility and sweep your way to victory. I decided to pair Fabio with Durant because it's typing gives it the ability to switch in on ice type moves and fairy moves that threaten Fabio. Fabio also switches in on fire types that threaten Durant.

Sets: Fabio Will be the offensive agility set. I opted Wide Lens over LO on Durant because of Hustle's accuracy drop, but the choice is yours. Frustration is there to hit mons like talonflame and volcarona hard on switch in, but if you're going to run LO definatly stick with hone claws over frustration.

Fabio (Ampharos-Mega) @ Ampharosite
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch/Thunderbolt
- Dragon Pulse
- Agility
- Hidden Power [Ice]/Hidden Power [Grass]

Kevin (Durant) @ Wide Lens/Life Orb
Ability: Hustle
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- X-Scissor
- Frustration/Hone Claws
- Superpower

Threats and Partners: Scarf Lando blows a hole through this core. So have something for it like bulky chomp or your own lando. Mega Venusaur and amoongus wall this core so something for them like talonflame or one of the lati twins would work well. HP Flying Keldeo and weavile as a cleanup mon have worked well for me with this core. If you want you can run volt switch over tbolt on Fabio and make a volt-turn team.

I got another core. Its kind of a heavily changed Mega diancie+volc core but its different.

Volcarona+Mega Diancie+Jirachi offensive core

This is a fun core thats a interesting take on the old mega diancie+volcarona core. Pretty cool becuase of how rachi,diancie and volc help each other out. Volcarona and diancie remove tran for sub toxic jirachi while jirachi lures in steels and removes them for mega diancie and diancie removes birds and chansey for volcarona which is really cool. What makes this different from the old core is that sub toxic jirachi helps wittle down opposing teams with toxic+iron head while also acting as a lure for removing steels. Volcaronas set is pretty standred however. The main selling point of this core is Sharpen mega diancie which is a really fun set that allows you to boost diamond storms power denting stuff like cm clef (with boosts), chansey (sharpen turns it into a 2hko) air baloon heatran as well as a few other mon. Becuase of how jirachi lures in steel thanks to fire punch earth power is run over hp fire. Good teamates for this core include ground types such as Landorus-T and garchomp. Pivots like Rotom-w and landorus-T also fit really well with this core. Offensive water types such as keldeo,azumarill and feraligatr make for good offensive partners due to how gyarados-mega after a DD beats this core. Last hazard removers such as the latis have fantastic offensive synergy. Volcarona runs a passho berry due to the cores water weakness.

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 16 Atk / 240 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Sharpen
- Earth Power
- Moonblast

Volcarona @ Passho Berry
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Timid Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Quiver Dance

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Atk / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Fire Punch
- Substitute
- Toxic

false

maybe this is heaven
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a defending SCL Championis a Past SPL Champion
I surfed through a fair chunk of the forums, and I didn't see this core. If it's already here then sorry, I'll remove my post ;-;

+

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 16 HP / 252 Atk / 240 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Superpower
- Swords Dance

Bisharp @ Lum Berry
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 52 SpD / 204 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance
This core goes the 'BirdSpam' route. The goal in mind is obviously to weaken each other's checks enabling its partner to sweep. Bisharp and Scizor share similar checks in things like Keldeo, Bulky Garchomp, Mega-Sableye, Hippowdon, and Heatran. So the idea is to take advantage of one teammate weakening the checks of the other, enabling the second partner to come through and sweep.
Offensive Mega-Scizor is by far the lesser used Scizor set, but it still remains just as threatening as it always has been. The extra speed it receives upon mega evolution is actually really nice, allowing Scizor to hit a good speed tier, and still run an Adamant nature.
Bisharp is Lum because it makes the core better vs a lot of stall mons. It takes a Twave from Chansey, a Wisp from Sableye, and also takes weak Scalds from things like Slowbro knowing that it doesn't have to worry about burn. Adamant Bisharp to break down Scizor's checks as quickly as possible as well as it allows me to run a little bit of SpDef investment to better handle HP Fire Latios.

Latias provides Healing Wish to bring back one of the threats in order to sweep again, as well as providing a switchin to things like Keldeo, Manaphy, Rotom-W, and Manectric. Which are things that Bish and M-Sciz both struggle with. It also provides a Fire resist, which is nice for a core both weak to Fire.
------------------------------

Spikes support is fantastic for this core. A lot of Scizor and Bisharp's checks are grounded Pokemon such as Keldeo, Heatran, Hippowdon, Garchomp etc. So having Spikes to wear those things down is fantastic. (Scolipede, and Forretress also have Toxic Spikes which is great to further weaken things like Hippowdon, Garchomp, and Keldeo.)

Last edited:
Got another core. Enjoy guys.

Charizard-X+Nidoking offensive Core

+

This is a fun core here that uses nidoking. Recently ive been trying to build a nice charizard-x team and i came across this core which i liked the sound of. Nidoking is pretty much the closet thing we have to landorus-i now and although hes not as good as lando-i, nidoking definetly has a niche as he hits pretty hard still. The idea of this core is that nidoking helps break down bulky stuff which zard-x might have trouble breaking past such as hippo,fat chomp and landot. Also with stuff like t wave clef on every team its nice that nidoking can switch in on those clef and get off huge damage on somthing which is cool. Pretty much nidoking removes or significatly weakens stuff for zard-x to sweep late game. Make sure to pair this core up with a ground imunity so pokemon like rotom-w and landorus-T make for good teamates. Hazard support is really important also so the latis and starmie do this nicely. Pivots are really helpful as nidoking is really frail so pokemon like raikou,scizor,rotom-w and landot are really good partners. Klefki makes for a good partner setting up spikes while also crippleing faster pokemon to make up for nidokings low speed. Modest nature is run on nidoking to hit as hard as possible.

Dancing Inferno (Charizard-Mega-X) @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Roost
- Dragon Claw
- Dragon Dance

Filler (Nidoking) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower

Last edited:
Got another core. Enjoy guys.

Charizard-X+Nidoking offensive Core

+

This is a fun core here that uses nidoking. Recently ive been trying to build a nice charizard-x team and i came across this core which i liked the sound of. Nidoking is pretty much the closet thing we have to landorus-i now and although hes not as good as lando-i, nidoking definetly has a niche as he hits pretty hard still. The idea of this core is that nidoking helps break down bulky stuff which zard-x might have trouble breaking past such as hippo,fat chomp and landot. Also with stuff like t wave clef on every team its nice that nidoking can switch in on those clef and get off huge damage on somthing which is cool. Pretty much nidoking removes or significatly weakens stuff for zard-x to sweep late game. Make sure to pair this core up with a ground imunity so pokemon like rotom-w and landorus-T make for good teamates. Hazard support is really important also so the latis and starmie do this nicely. Pivots are really helpful as nidoking is really frail so pokemon like raikou,scizor,rotom-w and landot are really good partners. Klefki makes for a good partner setting up spikes while also crippleing faster pokemon to make up for nidokings low speed. Modest nature is run on nidoking to hit as hard as possible.

Dancing Inferno (Charizard-Mega-X) @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Roost
- Dragon Claw
- Dragon Dance

Filler (Nidoking) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Sludge Bomb
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower
To nitpick, Sludge Wave > Sludge Bomb on Nido.

Good core though. It's good the Nido is seeing some use ^_^

p2

Banned deucer.
I'm really surprised this isn't a core yet
Poor Mans Deosharp (Bisharp + Klefki Offensive Core)

I can't even begin to describe how insane Adamant Bisharp is with Spikes support. It hits so hard, capable of completely breaking one of its best offensive answers in Keldeo and even bulkier answers like Hippo, especially after repeated Spikes damage. Bisharp still being alive deters Defog, which really pressures other teams because +2 Bisharp is easily one of the scariest things to face in the entire tier. Klefki also provides Thunder Wave support which is a godsend for Bisharp to get over its low speed and Magnet Rise allows Klefki to turn bulky Ground types into set up bait. This core is really splashable on HO because speed control, a fairy and lati switch in, and spikes are all very important and Klefki's role compression is great. Partners for this core include the like of Mega Lop, Mega Medi, Mega Manectric, Gengar, in general - fast attackers that like having their checks worn down. Threats to the core are mainly Electric types and Fighting types as they shrug off Klefkis Foul Play and force Bisharp out. Fire types are also threatening as the like of Charizard can 50/50 with Roost and Sucker Punch while Talonflame can just Wisp Bisharp

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 144+ Def
: 308-363 (73.3 - 86.4%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after 3 layers of Spikes
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def
: 286-339 (70.7 - 83.9%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO after 3 layers of Spikes
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 240+ Def
: 227-269 (62.3 - 73.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after 3 layers of Spikes
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 252 HP / 164+ Def
: 292-344 (69.5 - 81.9%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO after 3 layers of Spikes
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def
: 238-281 (73.6 - 86.9%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after 3 layers of Spikes
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def
: 198-233 (61.3 - 72.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after 3 layers of Spikes
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Knock Off vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def
: 168-199 (48.9 - 58%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after 3 layers of Spikes
Those are just a few example, but Bisharp is fucking insane

Bisharp @ Life Orb / Lum Berry
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance / Pursuit

Klefki @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Spikes
- Magnet Rise
- Foul Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)