Project ORAS NU Teambuilding Compilation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll take a stab at it I guess!

Specially based hyper offense team here. Specially based HO seems to be more effective in the Mega-Steelix infested metagame right now, so that's why went that route. It's unclear that I'm this specially biased from team preview, which can catch people off guard. Bouffalant countering Serp is obvious, but it also is insurance vs certain bulky Calm Mind Sweepers like Uxie and Lilligant, in case you misplay and let them set up as the team's sole physical hitter. Everyone knows how Normal + Water coverage is amazing so we have some a water types that set up alongside normalspam. Works similar but better than the Gorebyss + Swellow core from BW NU because Carracosta has actual bulk. We have some notable resists everywhere, especially to Water, Fire, Grass, and Fighting. It makes setting up easy and it makes it possible to switch into things in a pinch, though it's not exactly ideal because you usually want to set up and go, then repeat.

Main problem with the team is lack of any priority because I'm all special. You should aim to deny all setup, which is the main thing you should worry about, and this means not locking in on Swellow with Boomburst until you can clean up with it. My innate bulk on 3 mons (especially physical bulk on Carracosta) helps me in case something goes awry, but preventative measures are the best medicine. I had other Water-type checks other than Serperior because I didn't want to stoop that low, but it just makes my team better. It makes any team better... My current stance on Serperior is that it's broken the tier in half and I don't negotiate with terrorists.

Wings (Bouffalant) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 156 HP / 252 Atk / 100 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Return

Right now (Carracosta) @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Shell Smash
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Stone Edge

Come true (Serperior) @ Miracle Seed
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Substitute

Like a Bird (Swellow) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Scrappy
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Boomburst
- Heat Wave

One wish (Crustle) @ Mental Herb
EVs: 104 HP / 152 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Rock Blast
- Knock Off

Grant me (Uxie) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 28 HP / 252 SpA / 228 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Signal Beam
- Calm Mind
- Hidden Power [Fire]
Nice team man but a spinblocker would help your team a great deal in preserving Crustle's hazards. Have you tried Colbur Missy > Cm Uxie?

Alright I really wanted to build around the core of Sash Jynx / Sturdy Choice Band Sawk / Sub Swords Dance Afrobull because utilitizng Sawk, Afrobull and Jynx nearly have all their checks removed, making for an easy clean. The only thing is that hazards must be removed in order for the core to be successful (or else you can lose jynx's sash, sawk's sturdy, or wear afrobull down unnecessarily).
In it, Jynx is the glue to check HO teams and give them a total run for their money with powerful attacks and amazing speed backed by a freaking Focus Sash, essentially allowing it to capitalize purely on its great coverage and offenses without having to worry about its poor bulk. Sash jynx is just so good. It spreads sleep like crazy, and is near guaranteed to land a 115 SAtk STAB Ice Beam, which is pretty unresisted at the moment making it an insane anti-meta mon. It also offensively pressures bulky fighting types into using their priority move, which it can live using sash, allowing it to quickly remove them from the match. Also fucks plume +1.
Scarf Rotom is my glue for literally every team. Checks flying types, water types, psychic types, cripples walls, pivots to ease switching, it is just outright good.
This team is surprisingly spin reliant, especially with 1 Sash, 2 Sturdies [although 1 is rarely used], and two pokemon that really hate getting worn down if at all. Kabutops was my immediate choice, not only for the reliability at which it spins, but its great wallbreaking capabilities as well. Between Knock Off / Stone Edge / Aqua Jet, it deals chockloads of damage to nearly any team, and easily smashes annoying Fire and Flying types that I have difficulty dealing with, as well as beating special walls for Jynx. I chose Knock Off > WFall cause fuck ghosts and toad, but I guess you could got WFall.
Sturdy CB Sawk is literally one of the best pokemon in the current metagame. Abusing Sturdy, it needs not worry about its SubPar speed, and only worry about Smashing things. Seriously though, with stuff like Jynx and Bull on this team, Sawk does its job of beating Steel and Rock types annoyingly well, and removes any single pokemon that I have trouble with simply due to its insane power. STurdy is really the shining point though, letting it tackle even faster teams it otherwise has difficulty with, as well as giving it essentially 2 free turns to smash. idk there really isn't much to saya bout sawk its just good.
SubSD Afrobull is the ultimate glue to this team. Not only is it a fuck serperior mon, but it helps check every other grass type to from Tangela to Vileplume. Furthermore, it is an insanely powerful stallbreaker, using Sub to avoid status and easily setting up to +6 on their weak attacks and sweeping. In the core wiht Sawk and Jynx it really does shine though, because they tend to bait out and KO Ghost types as well as bulky Steels allowing Bouffalant to really get its chance to shine.
MegaLix because this is a NU team and because I needed stealth rocks but mainly because it literally fucks everything in NU and has decent synergy with the team.

Code:
Jynx (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psyshock
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast / Nasty Plot
- Lovely Kiss

Rotom @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Trick
- Volt Switch

Kabutops @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet
- Stone Edge
- Rapid Spin

Sawk (M) @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch
- Poison Jab

Bouffalant @ Leftovers
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Swords Dance
- Substitute
- Earthquake

Steelix @ Steelixite
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Toxic / Protect
- Stealth Rock

Last edited:

Blast

Member of the Alien Nation
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Forgot to update this but Week 4 is now over. Gonna leave this out to pasture for a day or two until the Serp vote has finished before the next round

Toxic Spikes Balance
Swanna @ Life Orb
Ability: Big Pecks
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Substitute
- Roost
- Hurricane

Uxie @ Leftovers
EVs: 184 HP / 100 Def / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Giga Drain
- Substitute

Roselia @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Synthesis
- Sludge Bomb / Hidden Power [Fire]
- Toxic Spikes

Rotom @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt / Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Ball
- Trick
- Volt Switch

Cryogonal @ Icicle Plate
Timid Nature
- Freeze-Dry
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Rapid Spin

Rhydon @ Eviolite
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Atk / 240 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Rock Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail / Megahorn
So pretty much I built this team because I really haven't used Swanna much this gen, and when I have it has always been the defog variant. However, upon trying the SubRoost variant which I really wanted to build around, not only did I find that it easily had more longevity and found many more opportunities to sub than expected, but it appreciated the help of Toxic Spikes, which combined with SubRoost can stall an opponent for 1-2 turns into Hurricane kill range, an interesting bait tactic. A lot of stuff in the current metagame from Feraligatr to Mega Camerupt absolutely get shredded by Toxic Spikes, which give them amazing utility as a really underrated entry hazard.
Pretty much, the goal of this team is to use SubRoost Swanna and SubCM Uxie to take maximum advantage of the Toxic Spikes Roselia set up, in that they use Substitute to stall turns and get out the prior damage needed to kill opponents, as well as sharing many common checks. Furthermore a combination of Uxie and Rhydon smash most poison types, allowing the team to get maximum effectivity of Toxic Spikes. Between Rotom and Icicle Plate Cryogonal, the team also has full hazard control, and thus can always abuse Toxic Spikes which so many mons are weak to atm, allowing Swanna and Uxie to truly shine unlike many other teams that use them.

tl;dr: Donner and Rose set up hazards, Cryo and Rotom support, a combination of Subroost Swanna and Uxie abuse Toxic Spikes to stall out opponents while passively setting up as Toxic Spikes wear down opposing pokemon, to allow for more easy sweeps as well as turn 2HKOes into OHKOes with little to no prior damage.

teros

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
First time doing this so here goes:
Swellow @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Facade
- Brave Bird
- Quick Attack
- U-turn

Feraligatr @ Lum Berry
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 196 HP / 252 Atk / 60 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Ice Punch

Accelgor @ Focus Sash
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Final Gambit
- Spikes
- Bug Buzz
- Encore

Sandslash @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Sawk (M) @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch
- Poison Jab

Typhlosion @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Blaze
Modest Nature
- Eruption
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Extrasensory

I saw that this weeks pokes to build around were swellow and swanna.Seeing that swellow is one of my favorite pokemon i could not turn down the chance to try an build a competitive team around it.
For swellow i choose to run the standard guts set but i opted to run quick attack over protect.The reason behind this was facilitate its role as a late game sweeper and sometimes even catch opponents of guard.i really wanted to incorporate a volt switch user into the team to have a volt turn synergy going but after realising that rotom was the only viable option to fit this niche i opted against it.Another factor which cause me not to incorporate the rotom was due to the large amount of ground types that i faced when testing.
After deciding on swellow i began thinking about a suit ground type to pair with it.At first in my initial team i choose mega camerupte but after losing many games to stealth rock damage just chipping away at my mons i went for the more obvious Sandslash not only can it lay rocks but it rapid spins knocks off and 2hkos steelix with earthquake,a major pain in swellow's side
Feraligatr was then choosen as it has great synergy with sandslash and not to mention its an absolute freaking monster after a swords dance boost.i choose to run lum berry on it to give it coverage against status inducers.I truly dont believe i need to go into much detail on this monster
Next i needed a wall breaker and something to check all the steel types i see running rampant.I choose choice band sawk.His ability to sturdy and move list that threatens so many creatures.
After this i wanted a choice scarf monster.For this slot i chose typhosion as my team needed something to deal with the large number of grass types and for general revenge killing hitting first with an eruption is pretty clutch as well
Finally i wanted an lead mon that i can just default to whenever i saw nothing that was to threaning early on.I have to say i was skeptical of using final gambit at first but it has been proving to be a real game changer whether its used early on or to stop an incoming defog rapid spin or volt switch(those lanturns :O)

I hope my explanations were sufficient and justified the majority of my decisions.This team is pretty fun as well so i hope some of you guys give it a try

I would like to apologise in advance for not hiding my team movesets and ev spreads as i have not learn how to do it as yet.If anyone know how to do it pls quote me or if a mod sees it and can it edit it thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)