ORAS OU ORAS on the Beach

Well, now that I've finally got an account, I figure I might as well start using it. While I've been messing around on PS, I would like to feel like I have a solid team along side me. I knew that this was a very crucial decision, which is why I basically threw six Pokemon together and ended up with a something of a sand team almost by accident. But while I like it, I still feel like there are holes that need fixing. So here we are:

Brendan

Bisharp(M)
Ability: Defiant
Item: Blackglasses
Adamant Nature
252 Atk /252 Spd /4 SpDef
-Knock Off
-Sucker Punch
-Iron Head
-Low Kick

What do I really need to say about Bisharp? He's fairly standard, doing mostly revenge killing with Sucker Punch, removing items with a harsh smack, and in general, hitting things very hard. And that's why I love using him, in all his minor variations. Here, ow Kick is meant for opposing steel and Dark types. Unfortunately, most of the time, he only 2HKOs them, or requires a decent amount of damage, so I'm a bit iffy on that. Brendan doesn't do much sweeping unless he gets a Defiant boost, though.

Lando

Landorus T(M)
Ability:Intimidate
Item:Rocky Helmet
Impish nature
252 HP/ 240 Def/ 8 SpDef/ 8 Spd
-Stealth Rock
-Earthquake
-U-turn
-Knock Off
Stealth Rocker Extraordinaire! And not much else. Okay, that's not fair to Lando, even if that is one of the main reasons I picked him. He does his work as supporting the group, knocking off items, throwing around Intimidates, coming in on Earthquakes, and and firing off Earthquakes in response. He's also on of the best Pokemon to take physical hits, which is also something in his favor. Rocky helmet for extra chip damage over Leftovers and Choice Scarf. Yeah, I know.

Star

Starmie
Ability:Analytical
Item: Life Orb
Timid Nature
252 SpAtk/ 252 Spd/ 4 SpDef
-Hydro Pump
-Ice Beam
-Thunderbolt
-Rapid Spin

Yes, Starmie over Excadrill. My purpose in that choice is to bring more type diversity (both offensive and defensive) and more special attackers. The set fills two main purposes: Spinning away hazards, and special sweeping done as efficiently as possible to minimize Life Orb Damage and potential Sandstorm Damage. Thunderbolt over Psyshock to hit Water Types, something I really need at the moment.

Claire

Clefable (F)
Ability: Magic Guard
Item: Life Orb
Bold Nature
252 HP/ 176 Def / 80 SpAtk
-Calm Mind
-Flamethrower
-Moonblast
-Softboiled

Ahh Clefable. One of my new favorites of this gen. This particular Clefable is one that I've kept fairly consistent in use, a Calm Mind Sweeper that can still take a few hits. Magic Guard is necessary in this case not just for catching burns, toxic, leech seed; ignoring hazards and nullifying Life Orb, but also dealing with the Sand. Tends more towards the offensive side than the defensive in general.

Augusta

Amoongus (F)
Ability: Regenerator
Item:Black Sludge
Bold Nature
252 HP/ 136 Def / 120 SpDef
-Spore
-Giga Drain
-Foul Play
-Sludge Bomb

Ended up replacing a Mega Venusaur when I decided to change megas. She works mostly as a wall, only really going on the offensive to deal super-effective damage, to clean up at the end by taking a hit and Sporing the last mons standing. Currently, Foul Play is there to punish sweepers trying to set up on her, but I'm not wed to that move.

And Finally, our star!

Tyra

Tyranitar(F)
Ability: Sand Stream
Item: Tyranitarite
Jolly Nature
252 Atk/252 Spd/4 Def
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Ice Punch
-Dragon Dance

I really want to be able to make this Pokemon in particular work, and when she sets up, she is fantastic. The problem I've had is finding times to set up. With this spread, Tyra can outspeed lots of threats, including Greninja. And the coverage Tyranitar has is really good. I'd like to find a place for pursuit on this set, but I'm uncertain what, if any, move should be cut to make way.

Now, Am I saying that this is a brilliant team. No. I just want to figure out how to make it better than it is now, hopefully without pulling everything up by the roots. At the end, the key point I want to make is that I want to use a Tyranitar based sand team, so I would prefer no one telling me to drop her. Anything else is fair game. So, that you for your time, whoever wants to read this, and if you would help, I'd appreciate it.

Last edited:
Okay, nice team, but there are are some ways I can see to make it better. First off, run swords dance over low kick on bisharp. That way you get more sweepability. Second, put 248 evs into def on lando-t, as the 8 speed doesn't really help. Also, leftovers over rocky helmet for survivability. Finally, there's relly no point in not running a mega, so I'd change your starmie to mega slowbro. Have fun.

Hey, nice team! Here are my suggestions:

Firstly, while I understand that you think that Excadrill isn't as good as Starmie due to type diversity, Excadrill is far better suited to this team as it has an amazing ability in Sand Rush, which allows to it become an amazing revenge killer and sweeper in sand. It also a great offensive rapid spinner and generally suits the team better than Starmie. If you're of the ground weakness, you could always opt for an Air Balloon. Try the set:

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Next, I'd say use Pursuit over Low Kick on Bisharp, though it's up to your personal preference. Low Kick allows you to take on Excadrill, Heatran and opposing Bisharps looking to switch in, but do remember, Bisharp has Defiant. This allows it to switch into the Lati Twins as they Defog, gain a +2 attack boost and pursuit trap them. However, this entirely up to you, as Low Kick gives you more coverage.

Lastly, you should give your T-tar a mega stone. It doesn't have an item now, and the DD set benefits from a mega stone more than any other item.

Hope it helps!
-PK

your team is sick i love this type of balance. 1 thing is that bisharp should have life orb over glasses. It can ohko tran after rocks and id also suggest you to run jolly to hit adamant tar and to outspeed alot of things (cant think of any atm) other than that i really like your team. also clef doesnt need 80 spatk since it already gets cm in vest it all into defense to live bisharps iron head.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)