Project ORAS OU Core Building Competition V2 (Round 30: Stalkers) Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 8 Atk / 248 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire] / Earth Power
- Protect

Gardevoir (F) @ Choice Specs / Life Orb
Ability: Trace
EVs: 16 HP / 8 Def / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest / Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Trick / Taunt

This is a core that I've advertised in the past after being inspired by the goodness that SPL innovation, and it still stands as one of my most consistent and favorite "hot" or "innovative" cores to use due to the way that it is set up. Basically this core functions by having Gardevoir break and Mega Diancie clean. The reason I decided to submit this is because I've been playing a little NU recently and have found myself really enjoying medium slow/immensely powerful breaker+fast cleaner cores which work by spamming the same attack at everything (normal spam, in this case specs chatot+specs swellow), and what makes this core so scary is that Gardevoir's Moonblasts are disgusting to try and come in on if you don't resist them, and Chansey gets crippled nicely by Trick or Taunt or gets chunked by a Specs-boosted Psyshock (see calc below). This makes Diancie's job of cleaning up really consistent when combined with the fact tat it isn't particularly prio weak and that it outright beats a lot of faster stuff anyway.

252+ SpA Choice Specs Gardevoir Psyshock vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 277-327 (43.1 - 50.9%) -- 97.7% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Mag support is basically mandatory with this core. Chople or Scarf so that Superpower Scizor doesn't fuck you over, and make sure that you run at least enough speed to outpace min speed variants if you opt for Chople 'cause you can't OHKO SpD MegaZor, meaning that you want to hit it before it can use Superpower a second time.

Last edited:
Nasty Plot Infernape + Mega-Metagross:

Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Hammer Arm
- Zen Headbutt / Bullet Punch
- Pursuit

Infernape @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Grass Knot
- Nasty Plot

Description:

This core aims to take advantage of how beautifully Nasty Plot Infernape lures in and mercilessly destroys common Metagross-Mega answers, including but not limited to Slowbro, Landorus-T, Rotom-Wash, and defensive Garchomp. From there, Metagross is relatively free to systemically tear apart the opposition with its Tough Claws boosted attacks. While Fire Blast/Focus Blast/Grass Knot Infernape annihilates most ORAS defensive cores (including basically 6-0ing Sableye/Skarm/Chansey/Quagsire/Amoonguss stall builds), it struggles with the very common Lati twins, and Metagross is more than capable of removing them from play via pursuit. Aside from luring, Infernape is also capable of scaring out some of Metagross' sturdiest roadblocks, like Skarm and fat Mega-Scizor. In return, Metagross can defeat some annoyances to NP 'Nape like Clefable, Diancie-Mega, Mega-Altaria (may its usage rest in peace), and Alakazam variants.

Some calcs to demonstrate how scary Infernape still is after all these years (credits for Focus Blast NP Ape go to Team Pokepals for his post in Underrated Sets thread btw):

Unboosted Calcs:
252 SpA Life Orb Infernape Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 8 SpD Landorus-T: 239-282 (62.5 - 73.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Infernape Focus Blast vs. 240 HP / 0 SpD Garchomp: 251-296 (60.1 - 70.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Infernape Focus Blast vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-W: 207-243 (68.3 - 80.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Infernape Grass Knot (80 BP) vs. 252 HP / 24 SpD Slowbro: 229-270 (58.1 - 68.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery​

+2 Calcs:
+2 252 SpA Life Orb Infernape Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 8 SpD Landorus-T: 476-562 (124.6 - 147.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252 SpA Life Orb Infernape Focus Blast vs. 240 HP / 0 SpD Garchomp: 499-589 (119.6 - 141.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252 SpA Life Orb Infernape Focus Blast vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-W: 411-485 (135.6 - 160%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252 SpA Life Orb Infernape Grass Knot (80 BP) vs. 252 HP / 24 SpD Slowbro: 455-536 (115.4 - 136%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252 SpA Life Orb Infernape Grass Knot (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 112 SpD Hippowdon: 660-777 (157.1 - 185%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252 SpA Life Orb Infernape Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 84+ SpD Clefable: 364-429 (92.3 - 108.8%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO

Last edited:

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD
Heatran + Tangrowth

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Lava Plume
- Toxic

Tangrowth (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 244 HP / 216 Def / 48 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Leech Seed / HP Ice

I've been using these 2 together for a while now and they make an excellent backbone for bulky offense teams to fall back on. Heatran's still doing really well in OU and the set posted is really common now, with Toxic being the main move to cripple bulky water types like Rotom-Wash that try to switch into Heatran. Heatran along with physically defensive Tangrowth are able to cover a ton of the meta including stuff like Mega Scizor, Mega Lopunny, Latios, Excadrill (Tangrowth can at least wear it down quickly if it keeps getting flinched), and together they're able to spread status (sleep, poison and burns) to the opposing team, making it easier for teammates to defeat them. Overall really good utility coupled in with good defensive synergy makes this core easy to use and worth using.

I have some teams on the workshop thread with the core in case you wanted to see one.

Edit: Oh and if you guys ever need help with updating the title or the OP, just let me know and I can do it if needed.

Heracross-Mega @ Heracronite
Ability: Guts/ Skill Link
EVs: 124 HP / 252 Atk / 132 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast
- Close Combat
- Substitute

Talonflame
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 224 HP / 48 Atk / 224 SpD / 12 Spe
Careful Nature
- Acrobatics
- Will-O-Wisp
- Bulk Up
- Roost

Lately, I have been using this core in a bulky volt turn like team where heracross can kill everything that bulk up talon has trouble with in oder to set up late game with. For example heracross destroys not fast heatran, t-tar, and rotom-w. and most likely talon will clean the rest.

Goodra + Mega Scizor

Goodra (M) @ Leftovers/Choice Specs
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 184 HP / 252 SpA / 48 SpD / 24 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower/Fire Blast
- Sludge Wave
- Muddy Water/Focus Blast

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Atk / 80 Def / 124 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Roost
- Swords Dance

First of all, thanks FlamingVictini for the idea, i've been using the team with your core and i enjoyed it alot. So yeah, you have a bulky offensive core consisting of Goodra, a strong tank that has alot of sp. bulk and Sap Sipper to check some threats and its typing + bulk helps Scizor because it can tank Mega Charizard Y and Volcanion's moves pretty well, two pokemon who obviously destroy Scizor. Goodra's fairly high power (especially with Specs) is neat, Draco Meteor is a strong attacking move and then it has a lot of coverage moves, it's harder to switch-in against Goodra than the Lati@s for example, it has Flamethrower/Fire Blast to deal with steels like Ferrothorn, Sludge Wave for fairies and Muddy Water/Focus Blast to damage Heatran (and Focus destroys Tyranitar) so it's cool since it can weaken some Scizor checks, especially Heatran. Leftovers is slashed first thanks to FlamingVictini , i didn't know that it was a good item to use on Goodra until i tried it out, at first AV seems a more appealing option but Leftovers gives it some kind of passive recovery and it may help more than AV since it cures damage from hazards, sand and burns and helps it regain some health over time if it's weakened but Choice Specs gives it a really high amount of power.

Went more in depth with Goodra than with Mega Scizor since it's a very underrated pokemon and i used to consider it "meh" until i tried it out, Scizor is a straightforward pokemon, Scizorite gives it a great amount of bulk and it has high power, especially after a SD and it supports Goodra since it checks threats such as Mega Diancie, Lati@s and may deal with some physical attackers like Mega Lopunny as Goodra is only bulky on the special side and Mega Scizor has a big base defense stat. Overall, i think that this core is extremely fun to use and that Goodra is a really underrated pokemon that you should try out and if you do it, probably pair it with Mega Scizor to form this core of sp. bulky wallbreaker/tank + bulky physical sweeper.

Last edited:

CaffeineBoost

6th Best Circus Poster of 2023
is a Community Contributor
Azumarill + Mega Ampharos + Bronzong

(Because one under-rated Pokemon isn't enough)

A very old under-rated core I used to use all the time on balance. Thought I'd give it a revival since it fits the theme rather well.

Choice Band Azumarill is a very potent wallbreaker thanks to its ability Huge Power giving it a wonderful 436 Atk stat when you run an Adamant nature. If you've read the Smogon analysis on Azumarill, you'd know that this is the equivalent of a base 150 Atk Pokemon. These properties makes it the most powerful unboosted Fairy type in the metagame. Then it gets a Choice Band... yeah. Azumarill's Water/Fairy typing and decent 100/80/80 bulk makes it a powerful wallbreaker that can switch into many Pokemon then proceed to beat the shit out of it. It fears only Electric, Grass and Poison moves which are fairly easy to predict. Ampharos and Bronzong are perfect partners for Azumarill as they can happily take these hits then fire back or do something else I'll get on to later.

Mega Ampharos is a UU Pokemon with base 165 SpA. Landorus-Incarnate has only base 115 attack yet it was banned for being too powerful. All jokes aside, Mega Ampharos serves as an effective defensive pivot fit for walling, advertising haircare products and taking on Grass and Electric type Pokemon that Azumarill could otherwise struggle against. I like to run the Rest Talk set because that's the only one that works. Mega Ampharos has a crippling weakness to five things. Dragons, Grounds, Ices, Fairies and barbers. Azumarill takes on Dragons, Ice and Ground types with relative ease while Bronzong walls Fairies, more Dragons and more Grounds so Mega Ampharos is definitely covered defensively.

Now many people would take a look at these two Pokemon and say "Hey, that's a very slow core. Maybe you should make it faster?" I have decided to take the more unconventional path and use the greatest speed demon there is... Bronzong. Azumarill and Ampharos both hate Mega Venusaur, Scolipede, Starmie and Serperior while Bronzong does not. Jirachi is also an effective way of dealing with this list of Pokemon but I'm not using it because I'm not Satan. Bronzong functions as a sweeper crippler. Instead of setting up rocks like it normally does, this Bronzong uses Trick with a Full Incense which heavily cripples a sweeper that relies on its speed and is unexpected. The rest of the core can tank any Fire type attacks and Knock Offs that come Bronzong's way, Azumarill takes other Dark attacks for it.

Yeah, basic explanation of the defensive synergy of this core. Gonna post the sets now for those that want to use it.
Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Superpower

Ampharos-Mega @ Ampharosite
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 248 HP / 28 SpA / 232 SpD
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Dragon Pulse
- Sleep Talk
- Rest

Bronzong @ Full Incense
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Trick
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake
- Zen Headbutt

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Stun Spore
- U-turn
- Memento / Encore

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake / Roost

I like Whimsicott not only for its design, but also for its role of being an underrated, annoying Prankster paralysis spreader, as well as the idea of helping a setup sweeper find an opportunity to set up. So I was thinking of team options for Whimsicott and I thought of Mega Charizard X, as the former helps the latter find opportunities to clean. More on that later. But before anything, I'd like to thank DennisEG for passing me a team around this core that I've brought up in the OU Teambuilding Workshop.

Moving on, Whimsicott cripples weather sweepers such as Kingdra and Excadrill, fast scarfers such as Terrakion and Garchomp, and setup sweepers such as opposing DD Mega Charizard X. Aside from that, Whimsicott in general applies nice speed control, allowing Mega Charizard X (and other teammates, actually) to revenge kill even without a boost, since Mega Charizard X can't always get an opportunity to set up a DD. U-turn provides momentum. Whimsicott doesn't like Grass-, Steel-, and Electric-types. Therefore, Whimsicott can switch out and bring Mega Charizard X in, providing an opportunity to set up on most of them (though Mega Charizard X can't set up in front of T-Wave Thundurus-T and EQ Mega Metagross; and if Mega Charizard X lacks EQ, then it can't set up on Heatran). Once Whimsicott's job is done, it can use Memento to provide Mega Charizard X an opportunity to set up in front of -2 Atk / -2 SpAtk mons that fail to do significant damage. Encore is an alternative though. Encore allows Whimsicott to lock opponents that have used setup moves or attacks that Mega Charizard X resists, allowing the latter to get a free setup opportunity.

Loomtei

Entei can substitute versus many of the pokemon common in OU balance right now (Jirachi / Chansey / Amoonguss / Mono-fire stab Heatran etc) and proceed to howl up and weaken the enemy team. Entei helps removes Breloom's threats & vice-versa. Breloom adds utility spore to help Entei sub up easier. HP ev's on Entei ensure that seismic toss cannot break Entei's substitute whilst Sacred fire's 50% burn chance helps annoy walls & set up sweepers. Stone edge is to hit fire types / Dragons whilst behind a sub or on a predicted switch. Adding a pursuit trapper can help this core a ton to get rid of Latios / Latias.

Breloom @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Swords Dance
- Spore

Entei @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 132 HP / 252 Atk / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Howl
- Sacred Fire
- Stone Edge

Last edited:

Infernal

Banned deucer.
Terrakion @ Choice Band
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Rock Slide
- Quick Attack

Gyarados @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 72 HP / 188 Atk / 248 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Bounce
- Waterfall
- Rest

Gyara dislikes coming across Pokemon like Ferro and Rotom-W. Terrak heavily pressures both and can be swapped in, for example, via a double switch to apply offensive pressure on these Pokemon and the opposing team. As a whole, Terrak is a monstrous wall breaker and does a nice job breaking things down with its CB boosted STABs, both of which have few switch ins. Once Terrak has done its job softening up the other team, Gyara can DD up when the chance arises and clean up the scraps. Because Gyara will ideally try to sweep after things have been softened up enough by Terrak or other members, having Moxie to gain more boosts after each kill is a cool way to take advantage of this.

There are a few other reasons these two work well. Terrak tends to draw in various Ground and Water types, examples being: Hippo, Gliscor, Keld, and Slowbro. These are all thing Gyara can potentially use as DD fodder. Terrak is also threatened by priority users like Mega Sciz and CB Azu, two Pokemon Gyara has the potential to use as DD fodder as well. Other offensive threats Terrak is revenged by, like Mega Lop, are also exploited by Gyara. Having Rest + Chesto as a status safeguard versus Pokemon like Slowbro and Clefable (who can both check Terrakion) further helps Gyara take advantage of the threats Terrak invites in. This also greatly helps Gyara versus the Grass types Terrak can be annoyed by, such as Amoonguss and Tangrowth, who both fear a boosted Bounce.

Overall, Gyara does a good job using the threats Terrak draws in as fodder. Terrak wall breaks and softens teams up well for Gyara, notably applying heavy pressure on obstacles like Ferro and Rotom-W. In return, Terrak likes having its weaknesses to Ground, Water, and Fighting covered. As a plus for the theme, Terrak is BL and Gyara is UU, although the former likely won't stay there for long given its popularity lately.

Last edited:

Martin

is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
OK voting time! We have a whopping 11 submissions this week, which makes me happy :D

Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Ability: Scrappy
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Fake Out
-Baton Pass /Ice Punch

Hydreigon @ Choice Specs
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Flash Cannon
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast

Hydreigon is UU and Mega Lopunny is OU, it fits the requirements as Hydreigon is tiered under BL. Okay so anyways, This is a pretty cool core that includes Baton Pass Mega Lopunny + Choice Specs Hydreigon. Now before we begin you could possibly opt for Life Orb instead of Choice Specs on Hydreigon I guess, but that would make you worn down easier. Though I can see something like Healing Wish Mega Lopunny working with it. This is an offensive core with a simple structure really. The focus is that Mega Lopunny can force it's checks and counters to switch in on it, and predicting that, Hydreigon can be safely sent in via Baton Pass or a double if you lack it. Mega Lopunny struggles in breaking past fat physically defensive walls like Skarmory, Hippowdon, Tangrowth, Mew, Slowbro, etc. Choice Specs Hydreigon simply breaks those fatter builds who Mega Lopunny has a harder time facing against. Hydreigon is a pretty cool balance breaker and in return, Mega Lopunny helps by threatening offensive builds pretty nicely. Hydreigon's matchup against these sorts of archetypes aren't the best when in comparison to balance builds. In addition Hydreigon can lure some annoying fairies with Flash Cannon. Clefable is a nuisance in general so being able to hit that is very nice, and Flash Cannon hits Mega Altaria too. Very interesting breaker to say the least and is not passive against archetypes in general as it can exert some useful pressure. It is a scary Pokemon, and even more if you lack dark resists. As seen in this match Have fun :toast:.

252+ SpA Choice Specs Hydreigon Flash Cannon vs. 252 HP / 84+ SpD Clefable: 254-300 (64.4 - 76.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Choice Specs Hydreigon Flash Cannon vs. 248 HP / 96 SpD Mega Altaria: 244-288 (69.1 - 81.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Hydreigon Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mew: 420-494 (103.9 - 122.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Hydreigon Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 24 SpD Slowbro: 488-576 (123.8 - 146.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Hydreigon Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 112 SpD Hippowdon: 385-454 (91.6 - 108%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

252+ SpA Choice Specs Hydreigon Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 8 SpD Landorus-T: 405-477 (106 - 124.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Hydreigon Draco Meteor vs. 240 HP / 0 SpD Garchomp: 780-918 (187 - 220.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Hydreigon Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Skarmory: 510-602 (152.6 - 180.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Hydreigon Fire Blast vs. 248 HP / 200 SpD Mega Scizor: 632-748 (184.2 - 218%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Hydreigon Fire Blast vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Tangrowth: 656-772 (162.7 - 191.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Gardevoir-Mega @ Gardevoirite
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Taunt / Calm Mind / Will-O-Wisp

Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus / Steadfast / Justified
Adamant Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Close Combat
- Extreme Speed
- Iron Tail / Crunch / Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance

This is a pretty neat core that fits on ho, and really shows off the wallbreaker + sweeper mechanic quite well. Despite having obvious synergy just by typing, gardevoir does a great job of breaking down physically defensive pokemon like landorus-t, as well as stuff like breloom which has fighting type priority both of which can be problematic for luke to deal with. In addition to this, garde lures in stuff like jirachi, spdef skarm, and chansey which are (depending on their moveset but usually/sometimes) total setup fodder for luke. Inner focus or steadfast luke is preferred here to help set up on scarf jirachi and lure mega lop, but justified can work as well to nab an attack boost off bisharp.

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 8 Atk / 248 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire] / Earth Power
- Protect

Gardevoir (F) @ Choice Specs / Life Orb
Modest / Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Trick / Taunt

This is a core that I've advertised in the past after being inspired by the goodness that SPL innovation, and it still stands as one of my most consistent and favorite "hot" or "innovative" cores to use due to the way that it is set up. Basically this core functions by having Gardevoir break and Mega Diancie clean. The reason I decided to submit this is because I've been playing a little NU recently and have found myself really enjoying medium slow/immensely powerful breaker+fast cleaner cores which work by spamming the same attack at everything (normal spam, in this case specs chatot+specs swellow), and what makes this core so scary is that Gardevoir's Moonblasts are disgusting to try and come in on if you don't resist them, and Chansey gets crippled nicely by Trick or Taunt or gets chunked by a Specs-boosted Psyshock (see calc below). This makes Diancie's job of cleaning up really consistent when combined with the fact tat it isn't particularly prio weak and that it outright beats a lot of faster stuff anyway.

252+ SpA Choice Specs Gardevoir Psyshock vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 277-327 (43.1 - 50.9%) -- 97.7% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Mag support is basically mandatory with this core. Chople or Scarf so that Superpower Scizor doesn't fuck you over, and make sure that you run at least enough speed to outpace min speed variants if you opt for Chople 'cause you can't OHKO SpD MegaZor, meaning that you want to hit it before it can use Superpower a second time.
Nasty Plot Infernape + Mega-Metagross:

Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Hammer Arm
- Zen Headbutt / Bullet Punch
- Pursuit

Infernape @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Grass Knot
- Nasty Plot

Description:

This core aims to take advantage of how beautifully Nasty Plot Infernape lures in and mercilessly destroys common Metagross-Mega answers, including but not limited to Slowbro, Landorus-T, Rotom-Wash, and defensive Garchomp. From there, Metagross is relatively free to systemically tear apart the opposition with its Tough Claws boosted attacks. While Fire Blast/Focus Blast/Grass Knot Infernape annihilates most ORAS defensive cores (including basically 6-0ing Sableye/Skarm/Chansey/Quagsire/Amoonguss stall builds), it struggles with the very common Lati twins, and Metagross is more than capable of removing them from play via pursuit. Aside from luring, Infernape is also capable of scaring out some of Metagross' sturdiest roadblocks, like Skarm and fat Mega-Scizor. In return, Metagross can defeat some annoyances to NP 'Nape like Clefable, Diancie-Mega, Mega-Altaria (may its usage rest in peace), and Alakazam variants.

Some calcs to demonstrate how scary Infernape still is after all these years (credits for Focus Blast NP Ape go to Team Pokepals for his post in Underrated Sets thread btw):

Unboosted Calcs:
252 SpA Life Orb Infernape Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 8 SpD Landorus-T: 239-282 (62.5 - 73.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Infernape Focus Blast vs. 240 HP / 0 SpD Garchomp: 251-296 (60.1 - 70.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Infernape Focus Blast vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-W: 207-243 (68.3 - 80.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Infernape Grass Knot (80 BP) vs. 252 HP / 24 SpD Slowbro: 229-270 (58.1 - 68.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery​

+2 Calcs:
+2 252 SpA Life Orb Infernape Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 8 SpD Landorus-T: 476-562 (124.6 - 147.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252 SpA Life Orb Infernape Focus Blast vs. 240 HP / 0 SpD Garchomp: 499-589 (119.6 - 141.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252 SpA Life Orb Infernape Focus Blast vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-W: 411-485 (135.6 - 160%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252 SpA Life Orb Infernape Grass Knot (80 BP) vs. 252 HP / 24 SpD Slowbro: 455-536 (115.4 - 136%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252 SpA Life Orb Infernape Grass Knot (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 112 SpD Hippowdon: 660-777 (157.1 - 185%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252 SpA Life Orb Infernape Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 84+ SpD Clefable: 364-429 (92.3 - 108.8%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO

Heatran + Tangrowth

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Lava Plume
- Toxic

Tangrowth (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 244 HP / 216 Def / 48 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Leech Seed / HP Ice

I've been using these 2 together for a while now and they make an excellent backbone for bulky offense teams to fall back on. Heatran's still doing really well in OU and the set posted is really common now, with Toxic being the main move to cripple bulky water types like Rotom-Wash that try to switch into Heatran. Heatran along with physically defensive Tangrowth are able to cover a ton of the meta including stuff like Mega Scizor, Mega Lopunny, Latios, Excadrill (Tangrowth can at least wear it down quickly if it keeps getting flinched), and together they're able to spread status (sleep, poison and burns) to the opposing team, making it easier for teammates to defeat them. Overall really good utility coupled in with good defensive synergy makes this core easy to use and worth using.

I have some teams on the workshop thread with the core in case you wanted to see one.

Heracross-Mega @ Heracronite
Ability: Guts/ Skill Link
EVs: 124 HP / 252 Atk / 132 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast
- Close Combat
- Substitute

Talonflame
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 224 HP / 48 Atk / 224 SpD / 12 Spe
Careful Nature
- Acrobatics
- Will-O-Wisp
- Bulk Up
- Roost

Lately, I have been using this core in a bulky volt turn like team where heracross can kill everything that bulk up talon has trouble with in oder to set up late game with. For example heracross destroys not fast heatran, t-tar, and rotom-w. and most likely talon will clean the rest.
Goodra + Mega Scizor

Goodra (M) @ Leftovers/Choice Specs
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 184 HP / 252 SpA / 48 SpD / 24 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower/Fire Blast
- Sludge Wave
- Muddy Water/Focus Blast

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Atk / 80 Def / 124 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Roost
- Swords Dance

First of all, thanks FlamingVictini for the idea, i've been using the team with your core and i enjoyed it alot. So yeah, you have a bulky offensive core consisting of Goodra, a strong tank that has alot of sp. bulk and Sap Sipper to check some threats and its typing + bulk helps Scizor because it can tank Mega Charizard Y and Volcanion's moves pretty well, two pokemon who obviously destroy Scizor. Goodra's fairly high power (especially with Specs) is neat, Draco Meteor is a strong attacking move and then it has a lot of coverage moves, it's harder to switch-in against Goodra than the Lati@s for example, it has Flamethrower/Fire Blast to deal with steels like Ferrothorn, Sludge Wave for fairies and Muddy Water/Focus Blast to damage Heatran (and Focus destroys Tyranitar) so it's cool since it can weaken some Scizor checks, especially Heatran. Leftovers is slashed first thanks to FlamingVictini , i didn't know that it was a good item to use on Goodra until i tried it out, at first AV seems a more appealing option but Leftovers gives it some kind of passive recovery and it may help more than AV since it cures damage from hazards, sand and burns and helps it regain some health over time if it's weakened but Choice Specs gives it a really high amount of power.

Went more in depth with Goodra than with Mega Scizor since it's a very underrated pokemon and i used to consider it "meh" until i tried it out, Scizor is a straightforward pokemon, Scizorite gives it a great amount of bulk and it has high power, especially after a SD and it supports Goodra since it checks threats such as Mega Diancie, Lati@s and may deal with some physical attackers like Mega Lopunny as Goodra is only bulky on the special side and Mega Scizor has a big base defense stat. Overall, i think that this core is extremely fun to use and that Goodra is a really underrated pokemon that you should try out and if you do it, probably pair it with Mega Scizor to form this core of sp. bulky wallbreaker/tank + bulky physical sweeper.
Azumarill + Mega Ampharos + Bronzong

(Because one under-rated Pokemon isn't enough)

A very old under-rated core I used to use all the time on balance. Thought I'd give it a revival since it fits the theme rather well.

Choice Band Azumarill is a very potent wallbreaker thanks to its ability Huge Power giving it a wonderful 436 Atk stat when you run an Adamant nature. If you've read the Smogon analysis on Azumarill, you'd know that this is the equivalent of a base 150 Atk Pokemon. These properties makes it the most powerful unboosted Fairy type in the metagame. Then it gets a Choice Band... yeah. Azumarill's Water/Fairy typing and decent 100/80/80 bulk makes it a powerful wallbreaker that can switch into many Pokemon then proceed to beat the shit out of it. It fears only Electric, Grass and Poison moves which are fairly easy to predict. Ampharos and Bronzong are perfect partners for Azumarill as they can happily take these hits then fire back or do something else I'll get on to later.

Mega Ampharos is a UU Pokemon with base 165 SpA. Landorus-Incarnate has only base 115 attack yet it was banned for being too powerful. All jokes aside, Mega Ampharos serves as an effective defensive pivot fit for walling, advertising haircare products and taking on Grass and Electric type Pokemon that Azumarill could otherwise struggle against. I like to run the Rest Talk set because that's the only one that works. Mega Ampharos has a crippling weakness to five things. Dragons, Grounds, Ices, Fairies and barbers. Azumarill takes on Dragons, Ice and Ground types with relative ease while Bronzong walls Fairies, more Dragons and more Grounds so Mega Ampharos is definitely covered defensively.

Now many people would take a look at these two Pokemon and say "Hey, that's a very slow core. Maybe you should make it faster?" I have decided to take the more unconventional path and use the greatest speed demon there is... Bronzong. Azumarill and Ampharos both hate Mega Venusaur, Scolipede, Starmie and Serperior while Bronzong does not. Jirachi is also an effective way of dealing with this list of Pokemon but I'm not using it because I'm not Satan. Bronzong functions as a sweeper crippler. Instead of setting up rocks like it normally does, this Bronzong uses Trick with a Full Incense which heavily cripples a sweeper that relies on its speed and is unexpected. The rest of the core can tank any Fire type attacks and Knock Offs that come Bronzong's way, Azumarill takes other Dark attacks for it.

Yeah, basic explanation of the defensive synergy of this core. Gonna post the sets now for those that want to use it.
Azumarill @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Superpower

Ampharos-Mega @ Ampharosite
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 248 HP / 28 SpA / 232 SpD
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Dragon Pulse
- Sleep Talk
- Rest

Bronzong @ Full Incense
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Trick
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake
- Zen Headbutt

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Stun Spore
- U-turn
- Memento / Encore

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake / Roost

I like Whimsicott not only for its design, but also for its role of being an underrated, annoying Prankster paralysis spreader, as well as the idea of helping a setup sweeper find an opportunity to set up. So I was thinking of team options for Whimsicott and I thought of Mega Charizard X, as the former helps the latter find opportunities to clean. More on that later. But before anything, I'd like to thank DennisEG for passing me a team around this core that I've brought up in the OU Teambuilding Workshop.

Moving on, Whimsicott cripples weather sweepers such as Kingdra and Excadrill, fast scarfers such as Terrakion and Garchomp, and setup sweepers such as opposing DD Mega Charizard X. Aside from that, Whimsicott in general applies nice speed control, allowing Mega Charizard X (and other teammates, actually) to revenge kill even without a boost, since Mega Charizard X can't always get an opportunity to set up a DD. U-turn provides momentum. Whimsicott doesn't like Grass-, Steel-, and Electric-types. Therefore, Whimsicott can switch out and bring Mega Charizard X in, providing an opportunity to set up on most of them (though Mega Charizard X can't set up in front of T-Wave Thundurus-T and EQ Mega Metagross; and if Mega Charizard X lacks EQ, then it can't set up on Heatran). Once Whimsicott's job is done, it can use Memento to provide Mega Charizard X an opportunity to set up in front of -2 Atk / -2 SpAtk mons that fail to do significant damage. Encore is an alternative though. Encore allows Whimsicott to lock opponents that have used setup moves or attacks that Mega Charizard X resists, allowing the latter to get a free setup opportunity.
Loomtei

Entei can substitute versus many of the pokemon common in OU balance right now (Jirachi / Chansey / Amoonguss / Mono-fire stab Heatran etc) and proceed to howl up and weaken the enemy team. Entei helps removes Breloom's threats & vice-versa. Breloom adds utility spore to help Entei sub up easier. HP ev's on Entei ensure that seismic toss cannot break Entei's substitute whilst Sacred fire's 50% burn chance helps annoy walls & set up sweepers. Stone edge is to hit fire types / Dragons whilst behind a sub or on a predicted switch. Adding a pursuit trapper can help this core a ton to get rid of Latios / Latias.

Breloom @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Swords Dance
- Spore

Entei @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 132 HP / 252 Atk / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Howl
- Sacred Fire
- Stone Edge

Terrakion @ Choice Band
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Rock Slide
- Quick Attack

Gyarados @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 72 HP / 188 Atk / 248 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Bounce
- Waterfall
- Rest

Gyara dislikes coming across Pokemon like Ferro and Rotom-W. Terrak heavily pressures both and can be swapped in, for example, via a double switch to apply offensive pressure on these Pokemon and the opposing team. As a whole, Terrak is a monstrous wall breaker and does a nice job breaking things down with its CB boosted STABs, both of which have few switch ins. Once Terrak has done its job softening up the other team, Gyara can DD up when the chance arises and clean up the scraps. Because Gyara will ideally try to sweep after things have been softened up enough by Terrak or other members, having Moxie to gain more boosts after each kill is a cool way to take advantage of this.

There are a few other reasons these two work well. Terrak tends to draw in various Ground and Water types, examples being: Hippo, Gliscor, Keld, and Slowbro. These are all thing Gyara can potentially use as DD fodder. Terrak is also threatened by priority users like Mega Sciz and CB Azu, two Pokemon Gyara has the potential to use as DD fodder as well. Other offensive threats Terrak is revenged by, like Mega Lop, are also exploited by Gyara. Having Rest + Chesto as a status safeguard versus Pokemon like Slowbro and Clefable (who can both check Terrakion) further helps Gyara take advantage of the threats Terrak invites in. This also greatly helps Gyara versus the Grass types Terrak can be annoyed by, such as Amoonguss and Tangrowth, who both fear a boosted Bounce.

Overall, Gyara does a good job using the threats Terrak draws in as fodder. Terrak wall breaks and softens teams up well for Gyara, notably applying heavy pressure on obstacles like Ferro and Rotom-W. In return, Terrak likes having its weaknesses to Ground, Water, and Fighting covered. As a plus for the theme, Terrak is BL and Gyara is UU, although the former likely won't stay there for long given its popularity lately.
komet3 I have included your core in voting, but could you please bulk up your explanation a bit and tag me once you've done it so that I can update the voting post please. The current description is extremely lacking and doesn't really elaborate that well on the core beyond "Hera breaks, Talon cleans" tbh.

You can vote for up to 2 cores. Best of luck!

Re: TP's edit; if a mod sees this before Magic gets on could you be kind enough to update the title for me? If there is any way that I can get joint title-editing rights that'd be great, 'cause while Magic is co-hosting it I end up doing a lot of the weeks due to time constraints on his end, which means that title updates often happen a few hours after the next phase starts.

Also one other thing: we are looking for a third co-host to help out with the thread. With my summer starting soon and me going away, as well as me having very foolishly signed up to do work experience at a nursery in around two weeks pray for my survival, we need someone who is able to cover for us if neither of us is available to update the thread. In addition, it becomes harder to think up imaginative new themes the more weeks we do, so ideally we want someone who is able to think creatively in order to provide a good contribution for helping us think up more creative themes for us to do in order to keep this thread alive, and if we could avoid having to descend into type cores or repeating weeks wherever possible that'd be really cool. If you want to apply, send a PM to me and -Magic- saying why you think you would be a good co-host for the project and listing a competitively-based idea for a future theme we could do, and in a few days we will look over applications to decide someone to join the team.

Last edited:

Sobi

Banned deucer.
11 & 4

oh and

If there is any way that I can get joint title-editing rights that'd be great
i asked the exact same thing to bludz + celticpride for break this time, they can't give such rights D:

RecEdit: changed it for ya

Unsure of what I'm voting for atm, but I changed my post's sprite thingies from attachments to copied images if you'd like to update my post in the voting slate.

Also, Metagross was missing EVs for some reason so I fixed that too.

Martin

Unsure of what I'm voting atm, but I changed my post's sprite thingies from attachments to copied images if you'd like to update my post in the voting slate.

Also, Metagross was missing EVs for some reason so I fixed that too.
Done the first bit, but Meta is still missing EVs and nature xD. I can guess what they are anyway so I did it myself, but make sure to update in ur post in case it goes to archive.

Martin

Voting for 11 and 5 and closing. This week's winner is Infernal so welcome to the hall of fame (again)!

Also I'd like to welcome Sobi to the team!

Round 22: Not Fully Explored
Building Condition: At least one Pokémon must be an NFE

Props to anyone who makes a core without Chansey!!!

Anyway yeah NFEs are a weird thing. With Eviolite existing as well as some exceeding their seniors in some stats or having different typing, it is sometimes worth using an NFE over their fully-evolved counterpart. Lets see if we can get some creativity this week :)

Last edited:
Trick Room Porygon2 + Azumarill

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpD
Calm Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Trick Room

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Play Rough / Return
- Belly Drum

Porygon2's insane bulk thanks to Eviolite allows it to reliably set up Trick Room for its teammates. With the given EV investment, it can switch into LO Excadrill and outstall its sand turns.
Azumarill's mediocre 50 base Speed makes it a good candidate for Trick Room teams. It switches in on the Fighting-type moves that threaten Porygon2 and its Aqua Jet "outspeeds" opposing priority moves under Trick Room, notably from Talonflame and Mega Scizor. Belly Drum turns it into a fearsome wallbreaker which can also eliminate most offensive Pokémon under Trick Room with Knock Off and either Play Rough or Return (for Mega Venusaur). Azumarill outspeeds Clefable outside of TR with the Speed investment.

Last edited:

Eclipse

Like a chimp with a machine gun
is a Contributor Alumnus
Goodra + Doublade

Goodra @ Choice Specs / Leftovers
Ability: Sap Sipper / Hydration
EVs: 240 HP / 252 SpA / 16 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Sludge Wave
- Muddy Water / Rest

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Rest
- Gyro Ball / Iron Head
- Pursuit
- Toxic

This is a very interesting core that i've been playing around with on a semi-stall build I built (along with the rain semi-stall that I was toying around with) and these two have phenomenal synergy with each other. Goodra was meant to sponge all special attacks bar attacks from mons like Latios (which Doublade could take, and then be able to Pursuit trap Lati), and deal great damage with its nice SpA stat and wide movepool. Specs is the set I have here, but Leftovers works phenomenally as well, as Goodra generally finds many opportunities to come in and heal some damage off with Lefties to stay active throughout the match. If you're running this with rain support, then you'll probably want to run Hydration with Rest if you don't mind losing the 4th coverage slot. If you're not running rain, then you really should have cleric support from the likes of Alomomola/whatever cleric you decide on to keep these two at full to function well.

Next up is Doublade, and Doublade is easily able to handle many threatening physical attackers that Goodra may have problems dealing with, such as Mega Medicham, Terrakion, as well as taking care of Latios for Goodra. The set is all up to you, any combination of Rest / Sleep Talk / Toxic / Gyro / Iron Head / Pursuit / Sacred Sword works well depending on what exactly you want Doublade to do. Like I said, these two perform well only on slower semi-stall builds, and they need help with common weaknesses to Ground types such as Excadrill who can easily tear at these two.

Last edited:

HailFall

my cancer is sun and my leo is moon

Clamperl @ DeepSeaTooth
Ability: Shell Armor
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 HP / 1 Atk / 30 SpA
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Shell Smash

Klefki @ Light Clay
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Fairy Lock
- Foul Play

This is a dual screens core that revolves around giving clamperl a chance to shell smash and absolutely demolish teams without faster mons and clean late game. Klefki sets up dual screens, fairy locks when something like defensive lando comes in, and clamperl gets a chance to set up. Clamperl has access to deepseatooth which doubles its spa (like a special huge power boost lmao) and this is boosted even further by a shell smash boost letting it absolutely demolish everything slower not named chansey. at +2 clamperl passes the 110 speed tier meaning it outspeeds the majority of the mons in the game. Surf is clamperls best stab, ice beam hits grasses, hp grass hits other waters, and shell smash lets you set up. When using this core watch out for priority users, faster mons than clamperl after a shell smash like raikou, and general competence in your opponent.

Last edited:

Infernal

Banned deucer.

Magneton @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power Fire

Dragonite @ Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 244 HP / 28 Def / 44 SpD / 192 Spe
Impish Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Fly
- Substitute
- Roost

Although Sub Fly Dragonite may look like a joke, it's actually a rather interesting Pokemon to use. To help with my explanation, refer to these two replays from this year's World Cup:

Replay 1
  • Here, Sub Fly Dragonite ends up sweeping the opposing team after starting its set up on turn 13. There are a few things you can gather from this replay regarding how Sub Fly Dragonite works. With the combination of Sub and recovery, Dragonite can PP stall a good number of Pokemon. As the replay shows, Lando-T is one such Pokemon, with Stone Edge being easily stalled here. Standard DD variants of Dragonite can't do this and are more susceptible to being revenged killed by Pokemon like Lando-T after Multiscale is broken. As the replay shows, the added Leftovers recovery Dragonite gains from the extra turn Fly takes up is also useful for Multiscale purposes.
Replay 2
  • Dragonite sets up a DD on turn 32 and proceeds to Sub on Tang the following turn. This shows how Sub can really help Dragonite take advantage of some defensive threats it'd otherwise be crippled or annoyed by (status or things like Leech Seed). Once a Sub is up, Drag can quickly spiral out of control after a few DDs. I think one more notable thing to gather from this replay and others is how Dragonite can abuse many of the "Fly resists" teams normally use. For example, standard Tran can't really do much to this Dragonite and is used as fodder. Jirachi, another common resistance to Fly, also becomes helpless after a few DDs. Rotom-W is another common Fly resistance this Dragonite can use as fodder because WoW is blocked by Sub, which can't be broken by Volt Switch. Even Scarf variants of Tar can be stalled, although CB sets are more troublesome due to the sheer power.
As for Magneton, it's a viable NFE for this theme and is here to eliminate Skarm, who is a big obstacle for Sub Fly Dragonite. Although Magnezone is normally used for the role (and is better overall), Magneton maintains the same idea and has one advantage: being faster than Weavile. Magnezone doesn't have this speed advantage over Weavile, and Dragonite appreciates how Magneton makes good use of this niche here. All in all, Magneton mainly plays a supporting role here to help Sub Fly Dragonite accomplish its ultimate goal of a sweep in the long run.

There are more replays of this Dragonite in action here, which is where I grabbed the EVs from. You can see the work Dragonite does in the replays there and how it's able to use its bulk and surprise factor to DD up and sweep. At the end of the day, Sub Fly Dragonite may not be standard, but it's definitely a fun submission to toy around with for this thread. Surprise factor plays a big role in its effectiveness, however the payoff can be huge when pulled off successfully.

Last edited:

Sharpedo-Mega @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Strong Jaw
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Ice Beam
- Protect

Carvanha @ Custap Berry
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Endure
- Destiny Bond

So this is a core I got from aim. It looks quites dumb, but hear me out. The idea is you send out Carvanha and he'll do his best to weaken for Sharpedo. If he doesn't do anything pat him on the back and send Sharpedo in. Sharpedo can be hard stopped by priority Mach Punch(carvanhas can't help that), Keldeo, Scizor, Tangrowth and Azumarill. So when you send out Carvanha it lures them in. You endure when they attack and you will be put in Custap range and then you will be able to Destiny Bond and double down and allow Sharpedo to sweep easier. I will delete this if needed lol

Last edited:

Frogadier @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Ice Beam

Venusaur-Mega @ Venusaurite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 248 HP / 96 Def / 144 SpD / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Synthesis

Heatran @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Earth Power

Hey Remember Greninja, Yeah I don't either. However, I going to use a very popular core from the past instead replacing greninja with frogadier. However like in the past Greninja was sightly walled by fairies and without greninja's higher special attack fairies actually check you pretty hard. Which is where defensive venasaur comes in to a point with sludge bomb. However, talonflame and the lati@ is a problem to the two in general so I added trapping heatran to stop mons like talonflame and lati@ in order to get rid of them quickly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)