Thundurus (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

i designed this team to abuse hazards as best as any hyper offense team can and that is with 4 taunt users. in addition to destroying stall, this team also plays well versus offense and balance thanks to substitute mega heracross, thunder wave thundurus, and swords dance talonflame. since 4 of my pokemon have taunt, it was important to include ways to beat other offensive teams. mega heracross pretty much beats bulky offense on its own and checks bisharp (can set up a substitute on it as well). leftovers thunder wave thundurus slows down opposing offensive teams and is a crucial answer to talonflame. gengar gives balance problems and is my spinblocker. i recommend playing very very risky with gengar since the point of this team is to keep your hazards up. that means switching into rapid spinners even if you think they wont rapid spin. bisharp is on the team because along with it and talonflame, offensive teams that try to set up will not run through my team because of all the strong priority. it is also on my team in case someone brings out a defogger on my heracross so that i can abuse the attack increase. the team basically auto-wins versus stall, so the members were chosen to be able to contend versus other playstyles. taunt hyper offense i dont think has ever been played with, but it is really good in ORAS because balance is everywhere. here are some replays from some games i just did:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-237403279
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-237403575
the first one demonstrates how the guy got mad because i taunted his defogger over and over. he wasnt very good but it's just to show you that it's easy to keep hazards up. the second one is just versus a sand offense team.

here is another replay which allowed me to go 22-1 on the ou ladder with this team and it showcases more taunt spam which lets me win pretty easily because he cannot set up or defog or set up his own rocks which are hard for my team to deal with
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-239185124

Last edited:
hello, i would like to contribute.

Taunt Hyper Offense

Heracross @ Heracronite
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Pin Missile
- Substitute
- Rock Blast

Talonflame @ Leftovers
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 208 HP / 252 Atk / 48 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Taunt
- Brave Bird
- Roost

Skarmory @ Custap Berry
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Iron Head

Gengar @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Sludge Wave
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

Bisharp @ Black Glasses
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head

Thundurus (M) @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

i designed this team to abuse hazards as best as any hyper offense team can and that is with 4 taunt users. in addition to destroying stall, this team also plays well versus offense and balance thanks to substitute mega heracross, thunder wave thundurus, and swords dance talonflame. since 4 of my pokemon have taunt, it was important to include ways to beat other offensive teams. mega heracross pretty much beats bulky offense on its own and checks bisharp (can set up a substitute on it as well). leftovers thunder wave thundurus slows down opposing offensive teams and is a crucial answer to talonflame. gengar gives balance problems and is my spinblocker. i recommend playing very very risky with gengar since the point of this team is to keep your hazards up. that means switching into rapid spinners even if you think they wont rapid spin. bisharp is on the team because along with it and talonflame, offensive teams that try to set up will not run through my team because of all the strong priority. it is also on my team in case someone brings out a defogger on my heracross so that i can abuse the attack increase. the team basically auto-wins versus stall, so the members were chosen to be able to contend versus other playstyles. taunt hyper offense i dont think has ever been played with, but it is really good in ORAS because balance is everywhere. here are some replays from some games i just did:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-237403279
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-237403575
the first one demonstrates how the guy got mad because i taunted his defogger over and over. he wasnt very good but it's just to show you that it's easy to keep hazards up. the second one is just versus a sand offense team.
Just looking over this and a few things jumped out at me. Heracross should be running max speed if using Jolly, the 216 speed benchmark is leftover from when it used to run Adamant to speed creep Adamant Bisharp. Max speed over your current spread allows you to speed tie the 75 speed group (Mega Scizor, other Mega Heracross mostly) and well as the two base 71 mons (Tyranitar and Tyrantrum) and some other things that run moderate amounts of speed. Also you beat some more stuff before Mega Evolving. Gengar is better off with Icy Wind > Taunt, as that allows it to lure Gliscor who can give Heracross trouble. Talonflame should be running Flare Blitz and enough speed to beat Raikou (Jolly with 168 EVs) otherwise you get hard checked by Thundy and Raikou in particular. I'm not sure Thundurus is the best Talonflame check on a Heracross team, usually you want something bulkier but that's more of a personal nitpick. Also Guts on Hera so that you aren't deadweight if you get burnt before Mega Evolving for whatever reason.
Heracross @ Heracronite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Pin Missile
- Substitute
- Rock Blast

Talonflame @ Leftovers
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Brave Bird
- Roost

Gengar @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Icy Wind
- Sludge Wave
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

Just looking over this and a few things jumped out at me. Heracross should be running max speed if using Jolly, the 216 speed benchmark is leftover from when it used to run Adamant to speed creep Adamant Bisharp. Max speed over your current spread allows you to speed tie the 75 speed group (Mega Scizor, other Mega Heracross mostly) and well as the two base 71 mons (Tyranitar and Tyrantrum) and some other things that run moderate amounts of speed. Also you beat some more stuff before Mega Evolving. Gengar is better off with Icy Wind > Taunt, as that allows it to lure Gliscor who can give Heracross trouble. Talonflame should be running Flare Blitz and enough speed to beat Raikou (Jolly with 168 EVs) otherwise you get hard checked by Thundy and Raikou in particular. I'm not sure Thundurus is the best Talonflame check on a Heracross team, usually you want something bulkier but that's more of a personal nitpick. Also Guts on Hera so that you aren't deadweight if you get burnt before Mega Evolving for whatever reason.
Heracross @ Heracronite
Ability: Guts
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Pin Missile
- Substitute
- Rock Blast

Talonflame @ Leftovers
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Brave Bird
- Roost

Gengar @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Icy Wind
- Sludge Wave
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
while i respect your opinion, i would like to say that i did not post this team in the rmt forums as i was not looking for improvement. a quick glance at my team will not give you the insight into the teambuilding. i do apologize as my description of the team is not thorough which may have let you to some assumptions, starting with the first one:
I'm not sure Thundurus is the best Talonflame check on a Heracross team, usually you want something bulkier but that's more of a personal nitpick
firstly, this is not a "heracross team". heracross was actually the last pokemon i added because the team struggled with bisharp and needed a way to shove out immediate power on the physical side. also, thundurus and bisharp together are pretty much the best things hyper offense has to stop talonflame from wrecking the team without using mega diancie. and thunder wave support from thundurus helps slow down the team for heracross and bisharp, so thundurus plays a very important role. also, this team was actually based on the concept of taunt skarmory combined with taunt swords dance talonflame, which brings me to the next thing:
Talonflame should be running Flare Blitz and enough speed to beat Raikou (Jolly with 168 EVs) otherwise you get hard checked by Thundy and Raikou in particular.
talonflame "should" not be running anything just because it is checked by two things when the team was based off of the set i listed. taunt swords dance roost talonflame beats stall and balance by itself and also sets up on stuff like heatran that lack a rock move. the hp investment allows it to set up on a lot of stuff, like a +1 calm mind clefable using moonblast. the set you recommend i change to doesnt really go with the chemistry of the team at all. its just a completely different set that you prefer.
Gengar is better off with Icy Wind > Taunt, as that allows it to lure Gliscor who can give Heracross trouble
like i said, this team is based on taunt + hazards, and taunt gengar is important for keeping up the taunt pressure. yes icy wind hits gliscor, but i can tell you now that gliscor is fairly easily delt with in practice. shadow ball does enough for pretty much anything else on the team to take it out while taunt has a lot more utility and prevents defog. taunt hyper offense is the point of the team. if you'd like to suggest icy wind over focus blast, i'm game. focus blast always misses anyway.
Heracross should be running max speed if using Jolly, the 216 speed benchmark is leftover from when it used to run Adamant to speed creep Adamant Bisharp. Max speed over your current spread allows you to speed tie the 75 speed group (Mega Scizor, other Mega Heracross mostly) and well as the two base 71 mons (Tyranitar and Tyrantrum) and some other things that run moderate amounts of speed...Also Guts on Hera so that you aren't deadweight if you get burnt before Mega Evolving for whatever reason.
thanks for the advice on heracross. i thought the 40 hps would make a difference but... barely. it can sometimes let heracross's substitute take a life orb jolly bisharp's sucker punch, but not always. mega heracross, jolly mega ttar, and jolly tyrantrum seemed really irrelevant things to outspeed at first, but considering the health investment does nothing, i guess it is worth it maybe. i dont think speed tying with mega scizor is relevant though since its only move to hit me is pretty much bullet punch anyway. as for guts versus moxie. i prefer moxie on this team because of substitute and thunder wave support from thundurus. +1 mega heracross one shots defensive rotom after rocks with pin missile, and getting +1 with moxie is fairly simple later in the game. substitute blocks will o wisp anyway, and since this is hyper offense, i dont really switch heracross into anything that can burn it anyway. from my experience with the team, moxie has been more rewarding.

thank you for the opinion. i apologize that i dont agree with all of it, but that is probably because ive used the team for a long time and i have tested different sets and stuff and this is what has worked the best.

while i respect your opinion, i would like to say that i did not post this team in the rmt forums as i was not looking for improvement. a quick glance at my team will not give you the insight into the teambuilding. i do apologize as my description of the team is not thorough which may have let you to some assumptions, starting with the first one:

firstly, this is not a "heracross team". heracross was actually the last pokemon i added because the team struggled with bisharp and needed a way to shove out immediate power on the physical side. also, thundurus and bisharp together are pretty much the best things hyper offense has to stop talonflame from wrecking the team without using mega diancie. and thunder wave support from thundurus helps slow down the team for heracross and bisharp, so thundurus plays a very important role. also, this team was actually based on the concept of taunt skarmory combined with taunt swords dance talonflame, which brings me to the next thing:

talonflame "should" not be running anything just because it is checked by two things when the team was based off of the set i listed. taunt swords dance roost talonflame beats stall and balance by itself and also sets up on stuff like heatran that lack a rock move. the hp investment allows it to set up on a lot of stuff, like a +1 calm mind clefable using moonblast. the set you recommend i change to doesnt really go with the chemistry of the team at all. its just a completely different set that you prefer.

like i said, this team is based on taunt + hazards, and taunt gengar is important for keeping up the taunt pressure. yes icy wind hits gliscor, but i can tell you now that gliscor is fairly easily delt with in practice. shadow ball does enough for pretty much anything else on the team to take it out while taunt has a lot more utility and prevents defog. taunt hyper offense is the point of the team. if you'd like to suggest icy wind over focus blast, i'm game. focus blast always misses anyway.

thanks for the advice on heracross. i thought the 40 hps would make a difference but... barely. it can sometimes let heracross's substitute take a life orb jolly bisharp's sucker punch, but not always. mega heracross, jolly mega ttar, and jolly tyrantrum seemed really irrelevant things to outspeed at first, but considering the health investment does nothing, i guess it is worth it maybe. i dont think speed tying with mega scizor is relevant though since its only move to hit me is pretty much bullet punch anyway. as for guts versus moxie. i prefer moxie on this team because of substitute and thunder wave support from thundurus. +1 mega heracross one shots defensive rotom after rocks with pin missile, and getting +1 with moxie is fairly simple later in the game. substitute blocks will o wisp anyway, and since this is hyper offense, i dont really switch heracross into anything that can burn it anyway. from my experience with the team, moxie has been more rewarding.

thank you for the opinion. i apologize that i dont agree with all of it, but that is probably because ive used the team for a long time and i have tested different sets and stuff and this is what has worked the best.
That wasn't a "rate" just tweaks. There's other larger issues in that your team relys on Skarm for hazard pressure but everything on your team has huge difficulty forcing Sableye out. Heracross can in theory but Hera also can't lead against Sableye (Prankster WoW) and risks a burn every time it switches in. Talon, if it tries to set up an SD in Sableye's face, has a large chance to get OHKOed by Foul Play. And that's just talking about Sableye itself and not mentioning any kind of team support.

TheEnder

a petal in the wind
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
first off, sorry for neglecting this thread for such a long time; i've been busy with various things, but i really should have made this update earlier. anyways, me, celticpride, and tdk have discussed what teams we thought were worthy of being added to the archive. however, various issues have made this decision hard: firstly, landorus has been banned, and the metagame has shifted. secondly, some of the teams that were posted a long time ago were really good at that time, but due to the metagame developing they are kind of outdated today. having these issues in mind, though, we have added the following teams:
some of the teams featuring landorus would have been worthy of the archive, but due to it being banned, we decided not to inclue them at all. i want to thank everyone for contributing to this thread, and i hope you continue to do so in the future. if anyone wants to know the reason why their team was not added to the archive, feel free to shoot me a pm.

:D

Gonna go ahead and dump some teams here cause like bludz stated this thread needs a ton more recognition, which I agree with, and might as well share some I've been enjoying using.

M-Scizor Balance

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 44 Def / 180 SpD / 20 Spe
Impish Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Roost
- Swords Dance

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Def / 164 SpD / 40 Spe
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Roost

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 48 SpD / 40 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Rest
- Rain Dance
- Calm Mind

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 240 HP / 64 Def / 200 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock

Gengar @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Substitute
- Pain Split

Ferrothorn @ Shed Shell
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 92 Def / 168 SpD
Impish Nature
- Power Whip
- Knock Off
- Leech Seed
- Spikes
I really just wanted to use M-Scizor + Mew together with this team since I always thought they were a cool combo. It was a quick team I put together but turned out ok in practice so figured why not in adding it here. Teams focus is simple, get hazards up asap and then utilize double switches and the presence of Manaphy, Gengar, Mew, and M-Scizor to get hazard damage and break down the team. Subsplit Gengar is to have a crutch against normal switch ins to it such as Tyranitar to escape behind a Sub and Pain Split to slow down fat mons and maintain longevity. M-Scizor is pretty standard with Superpower as coverage. Mew is basic stall-breaker along with Manaphy so team isn't too weak to M-Sabeye builds and stall. Shed Shell Ferrothorn to stop from it being trapped by Magnezone and Gothitelle which could pose a problem if they're allowed to remove Ferrothorn as it helps with both Gyarados formes. Teams weak to Zard-X and Zard-Y so careful around those.

Team function
Casual match on smogtours
That's it for replays ;-; or at least ones that show team :^)

Feel free to change whatever suits your needs. Would like to think most are foundations and that everything is subjective in terms of how somebody wants a team member to function so enjoy.
Small question - is 29 HP IV on Gengar not optimal when using Sub+Split?

So I made this H/O team and it's doing pretty good on the ladder
I'm kinda new to this part of smogon so I guess I'll just post my team from the import/export

Gallade-Mega (M) @ Galladite
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Zen Headbutt
- Shadow Sneak

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind

Garchomp @ Lum Berry
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Dragon Claw

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Defog

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt

Bisharp @ Black Glasses
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

The team is based of the specszone mega gallade scarfkeldeo core
Mega Gallade used to be really good when ORAS just came out, it dropped a lot but this thing breaks a lot of Defensive cores.
It loses to bulkychomp, skarmory slowbro, stuff like that that's why I have both magnezone keldeo and latios on the team.
Azumaril hits the team really hard that's why latios has thunderbolt, most of the times they stay in with the azu because they knw they can take a psyshock and don't see that thunderbolt coming.
Bisharp is there to beat stuff like raikou and clefable. It beast most of these pokemon one on one and also has a great potential to sweep.
garchomp is just a leadchomp with swords dance and lum berry t scare rotom-w and mega sab out.
This team doesn't have a hard time against Stall/ other HO teams.
have fun with the team :)

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Back with a new team, this time it's hyper offense.

Manectric @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Pursuit

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 56 HP / 252 Atk / 200 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 76 SpD / 20 Spe
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Iron Head

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 68 HP / 252 Atk / 188 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Smack Down
- Earthquake

Gengar @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Taunt

So this was a team I actually originally tried to build around Mega Manectric + Xatu as the VoltTurn core because Mane hates hazards and loves stacking, but Xatu was pretty much dead weight so the team underwent a few changes. Anyway paired it up with Weavile just because it's a boss right now and they have awesome synergy together. I've actually been running Swords Dance up til today but I decided that Pursuit is probably best because Manectric draws in psychic types like Latis, Celebi and Mew. Also Latis can get a kill whenever they come in if they predict correctly, provided they play around the immunities to their STABs (Azu for Draco, Weavile for Psyshock) but ultimately I decided that not letting them get away with Weavile is probably for the best. Next up I added CB Azumarill because it's a staple on hyper offense, acting as a failsafe against Sand Rush Excadrill, Mega Charizard X and Mega Gyarados while providing awesome wallbreaking capabilities with another form of priority to clean things up. After that I added a Rocky Helmet Garchomp since I was looking weak to Mega Lopunny and Bisharp in particular and it also gives me a switch-in to Metagross and more reliable answer to Talonflame and Mega Scizor. I opted for a SD set because most people assume Rocky Helmet Chomp is passive as hell. Iron Head for fairy types (especially Clefable which annoys the team) that come in expecting Dragon Tail. Even without investment it does a fair amount to Clefable and at +2 it's a wrecking ball unless Clef is Unaware. Next up is my Stealth Rock setter: SD + Smack Down Landorus-T. This thing is an awesome balance breaker, my way to get up rocks against Mega Sableye, status absorber thanks to Lum Berry and a second user of Intimidate to help buffer against potential sweeps. In the last slot I needed something to break stall and fairy types so Gengar was added with the standard set since it's so damn effective. Team's definitely annoyed by Quagsire (only Gengar and Azu can beat it besides Weavile getting flinches) and Mega Venusaur (also requires Gengar or my dual SDers). Offensive fairies and strong breakers are also big threats but it's hyper offense so that's to be expected. Keldeo is annoying as well. Enjoy.

Last edited:

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
/
->

Alakazam @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Encore

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Crunch

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Psychic
- Recover
- Rapid Spin

Clefable @ Babiri Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 84 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Fire Blast
- Soft-Boiled
- Calm Mind

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Spikes

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Whirlwind
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock
Idk what to really say other than it's Mega Alakazam + hazards and basically you would utilize the team as such to get in as much hazard damage as possible. Hippo + Ferro form the hazard core, Starmie removes opposing hazards, Scarftar to pursuit trap latis from defogging, Clefable as a set up booster end game, and Mega Alakazam to help with offense. Team is weak to Clefable, before it wasn't since I had Reuniclus but I needed Starmie for a Keldeo / Scald switch in along with some hazard removal. Azumarill can give the team problems as well hence the Rocky Helmet Ferrothorn to circumvent that somewhat. Won a couple of room tours with the team and some casual matches. More than likely room to change a bunch of stuff like using Reflect Type Starmie but needed to place to put it and I figured this would be the best place considering it's just your basic hazard stacking team. I've been thinking about using Tankchomp on this team since it seems like it would be a better fit, although increases the Weavile issue, but haven't had time to test that one out so there's an idea as well.

Only replay I could find at the moment http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-239383023

Oh and dodmen haxed me to death using Mega Pidgeot with this team so you might as well just click "x" when you see that since it's gonna confuse all your slow mons :p

KILLAH BEES ON A SWARM
Sup this is one of my favorite offenses that I've been using for a while. I made it right before the aegis suspect (didn't use till after bc aegi kinda shits most of the team) and it's done well on ladder and a few random room tours as well.
As you can see, this is a frail glass cannon offense team based around mega bee because it's pretty damn unappreciated but it's actually an amazing anti-offense mon and an absolute momentum machine.
Starmie+Weavile have very good synergy with mega bee too since they both force out common switch ins and have amazing coverage and strong moves. Weavile has 4 attack low kick to take out ferrothron for starmie+bee. Weavile kinda kills many of Beedrill switch ins.
I added Talon next since I was annoyed by mons like sabeleye, venu and I had nothing for loppuny. CB works best from experience, mostly because it hits hard af without a boost but sd+u- Turn with a sharp beak also works. U turn is vital for The team to keep momentum so I usually spam it to bring in my frail mons. This guy usually wins games for me.
Aero was added for some more anti offense since it shuts down a lot of HO leads except for mamo p much. It outspeed all ttar variants and with unerve, I can identify scarf landt, so i can't mispredict and let landt ever get rocks either. DO NOT let the opp get rocks. Even though I can remove them, spinning is a waste of a turn and needing to switch my birdy into rocks to avoid Eq or something is not ideal.
The last mon I've experimented with a billion times but Azu is my favorite 6th man. Scarf landt is a good replacement though since it checks a few mons and u-turn.

Azu is a backup check for keld and loppuny. It also wallbreaks HARD and most of its checks get weakened to the point where Weavile knocks them out or AJ kills them after Weavile has hit them (Rotom, kube, keldeo) Starmie also kills like every Azu counter with psychic.

It's a really fun team. It has some trouble with loppuny, mega mane and talon like every HO team and it's a bit weak to stall but it's a complete HO and balance wrecker. Just because it's overwhelmingly fast and has a wide array of different type coverage. Keeping momentum in your favor isn't hard at all with this team, but it is very important to make sure you are in the driver's seat at all times. So death foddering is expected. If not, you will lose very fast lol.

Bring the Ruckus (Aerodactyl) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 152 Atk / 44 Def / 164 SpA / 148 Spe
Naive Nature
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Slide
- Fire Blast

Winter Warz (Weavile) @ Life Orb
Ability: Pickpocket
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Low Kick

Triumph (Beedrill-Mega) @ Beedrillite
Ability: Adaptability
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- U-turn
- Poison Jab
- Drill Run

Ice Water (Starmie) @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
Shiny: Yes
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Psychic
- Rapid Spin

Brooklyn Zoo (Azumarill) @ Sitrus Berry
Happiness: 0
EVs: 68 HP / 252 Atk / 188 Spe
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Play Rough

Tical (Talonflame) @ Choice Band
EVs: 4 Def / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Sleep Talk

Last edited:
KILLAH BEES ON A SWARM

Sup this is one of my favorite offenses that I've been using for a while. I made it right before the aegis suspect (didn't use till after bc aegi kinda shits most of the team) and it's done well on ladder and a few random room tours as well.
As you can see, this is a frail glass cannon offense team based around mega bee because it's pretty damn unappreciated but it's actually an amazing anti-offense mon and an absolute momentum machine. Starmie+Weavile have very good synergy with mega bee too since they both force out mega bees common switch ins and have amazing coverage and strong attacks. I added Talon next since I was annoyed by mons like sabeleye, venu and I had nothing for loppuny. CB works best from experience, mostly because it hits hard af without a boost but sd/u- Turn with a sharp beak also works. Aero was added just for some more anti offense since it shuts down a lot of HO leads except for mamo p much. Azu is a backup check for keld and loppuny. It also wallbreaks HARD and most of its checks get weakened to the point where Weavile knocks them out after an AJ or vice versa.

Ya it's a really fun team. It has some trouble with loppuny, mega mane and talon like every HO team and it's a bit weak to stall but it's a complete HO and balance wrecker. Just because it's overwhelmingly fast and has a wide array of different type coverage. Keeping momentum in your favor isn't hard with team, but it is very important to make sure you are in the driver's seat. If not, you will lose very fast lol.

Bring the Ruckus (Aerodactyl) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 152 Atk / 44 Def / 164 SpA / 148 Spe
Naive Nature
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Slide
- Fire Blast

Winter Warz (Weavile) @ Life Orb
Ability: Pickpocket
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Low Kick

Triumph (Beedrill-Mega) @ Beedrillite
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- U-turn
- Poison Jab
- Drill Run

Ice Water (Starmie) @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Psychic
- Rapid Spin

Brooklyn Zoo (Azumarill) @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 64 HP / 252 Atk / 188 Spe
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Play Rough

Tical (Talonflame) @ Choice Band
EVs: 4 HP / 152 Atk / 188 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Sleep Talk
Talonflame has a lot of EVs missing, Azumarill's HP is odd and said Azumarill doesn't have a nature, just saying. Also, I'm curious what Aero's EV spread does?

This thread is pretty amazing, I'll be trying out this team along with some of the others!

Talonflame has a lot of EVs missing, Azumarill's HP is odd and said Azumarill doesn't have a nature, just saying. Also, I'm curious what Aero's EV spread does?

This thread is pretty amazing, I'll be trying out this team along with some of the others!
Ya mb about the EVs. I made this import really fast on my phone and PS lags a lot and glitches with the EVs and nature sometimes. Talon should be max max. Azu spread is standard bd.
Aero has speed to outspeed scarf tar so Ttar will never get rocks up, even if I'm surprised by a scarf set and taunt it. 44 Def avoids the 2hko from talon iirc. SpAtk is to 2hko SpeDef skarm . Rest in attack. I think it 2hko offensive starmie after a round of LO recoil but idr.

This is a nice Bulky offence team that I threw together around the core of kyurem-b and Mega Scizor. I added in Hippowdon to help check talonflame, charizard-x, and excadrill. Clefable is a nice wincon for bulky offence teams specially this one since it has alot of support to take out its main checks, and gives me a dragon and fighting switchin. Also handles the speed control aspect making my otherwise sluggish team a bit faster. Scizor was added because of its overall synergy with kyurem-black, it takes advantage of the fairy types that want to come in on kyurem. Kyurem's set has some choice in it. I normally run hp fire to get rid of ferrothorns and weaken opposing scizors but if you are really scared of manaphies then run fusion bolt. Raikou was added next to handle fast electric types and specs was used to help weaken heatran, kill annoying garchomps, and pick up monentum between its volt switch and Scizor's U turn. Latias the final member added, was origonally used for defog and healing wish, while that was very good I struggled with charizard-y getting free turns against my other members who could not take a hit. For this reason I run recover, it also happens to help with keldeo, and manaphy too!

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Slack Off

Clefable (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 216 HP / 252 Def / 32 SpD / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Thunder Wave
- Soft-Boiled

Scizor @ Scizorite
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Atk / 200 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Roost
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Fire] / Fusion Bolt

Raikou @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Shadow Ball

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Recover/ Healing Wish

Replays: Thought I had more but will update if people want!
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou-239695680

I don't actually know what I'm doing:

I took kind of a hiatus shortly before the Lando-i ban and came back to a Landoless meta and felt kind of lost. Partly because I forgot how to teambuild (not that I knew much before, but whatever), and partly because it felt like my main heavy offence cornerstone had completely restricted how I generally went about things. Lando-i was stupidly splashable being able to provide whatever offensive coverage your team lacked in whatever form you needed it. His subsequent ban made raking 6 borked breakers and/or sweepers a bit more empty. As such, I decided to go with a different style of HO teambuilding and went for a Lead, Breaker, Breaker, Utility, Speed, Sweeper approach based around hazard stacking and Serp.
Lando-T makes for a good lead being able to get my hazards up early and pivot out after to maintain momentum, he also offers strong offensive support and Intimidate U-Turn can help pick up momentum where needed. Diancie is a measure made to keep hazards off my side of the field with Magic Bounce and acts as a good answer to Mega Shiny-Eyeballs leads who try to prevent me stacking hazards; CM helps break through walls too. Bish acts as my physical breaker and deters Defog users with the Defiant threat, he also acts as my source of priority and offers Knock Off spam support which is exceptionally helpful vs Leftovers users to eliminate passive recovery and help the Toxic Spikes wear things down better, also fuck Chansey's Eviolite. Dragalge is my utility support who offers Toxic Spikes support to weaken teams to make it easier for Serp to clean up, also offers secondary support against Fairies, though not much due to also being Dragon, Bisharp alone isn't enough to hold them back so some additional help with them is valued where possible. Keldeo helps against Bisharp and brings additional support vs the likes of Heatran, Lando-T, Gliscor, and Weavile and such, and generally makes for a good revenger; can also bait in Mega Venu and hurt it with HP Flying. Lastly, Serp can clean up the game when the opposing team has been thoroughly digested by Toxic Spikes damage and threats such as Birdspam, Heatran, Zard-X/Y, Lati@s, and such have been removed thanks to his speed and Contrary Leafstorm spam.
This team falls somewhat short to the Zards, X in particular since a +1 Zard-X could get a clean sweep especially if Lando is worn down, not impossible to deal with, but can be a big threat if given the opportunity to set up. Fairies aren't the most favourable of foes either due to lack of any real hard-counter, but they're definitely workable and can be broken with sheer power before they cause too much havoc, Bish can handle slower Fairies if he gets a safe switch-in, Lando can generally O/2HKO most Fairies without issue, Serp and Keld can handle Diancie if they get a safe switch-in, Mega Garde is the biggest problem in all likelihood. Mega Venu could also be a potential annoyance as well but Lando can deal good damage with EQ and Keld can revenge with HP Flying, Dragalge can hard-counter it well enough if need be.
...Yeah, this team isn't anything to scream about, but it holds up decently, I guess.
Landorus-Therian @ Soft Sand
EVs: 168 HP / 252 Atk / 88 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Smack Down
- Stealth Rock

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 16 Atk / 242 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Calm Mind

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

Dragalge @ Dragon Fang
EVs: 188 HP / 252 SpA / 68 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Toxic Spikes

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 HP / 0 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Flying]

Serperior @ Life Orb
Ability: Contrary
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Glare

Reactions: zbr

DarkNostalgia

Fading in, fading out, on the edge of paradise
is a Contributor Alumnus
Am bored, so here are a few teams I've built and are successful. I'm not very good at battling *gasp* but I'm decent at building I guess and even with my hasty, suicidal sort of playstyle the teams have held up nicely.

Mᴇᴛᴀʟʟɪᴄ Rɪᴍᴇ

You'll probably recognize the six members of the team, as I did my 1k post in the form of an RMT showcasing (and hoping to improve, of course), this team. The one here is the original team, as I haven't had the time yet to test out changes proposed, though many seem promising. Basically I wanted to build around Mega Scizor, a Pokemon I haven't really explored until now, and it seemed promising as it dealt with a lot of top-tier threats such as Kyurem-B, Mega Metagross, Latios, Clefable, Mega Gardevoir, Landorus-T, Weavile, Mega Lopunny etc., and with Swords Dance provided a good bulky win-con for the team alongside having Bullet Punch to pick off weakened foes. I went through the ORAS Good Cores thread and found the Mega Scizor + Kyurem-B combo, which was very adept at covering each other's flaws. I needed a solid Fighting resist in general, especially for Keldeo which beat Kyurem-B + Mega Scizor with ease. Latios was added for its ability to not only check these aforementioned Fighters but also provide utility in Defog to stop Kyurem-B + Mega Scizor being worn down too quick - and the rest of the team as well. Thundurus + Landorus-T is my way of handling Talonflame - Thundurus has paralysis support in Thunder Wave to cripple Talonflame, along with other boosting threats such as Dragon Dance Mega Altaria and Dragon Dance Mega Charizard X. Landorus-T has U-turn to bring in the members of the team safely, set up Stealth Rock, and has Intimidate to ward off physical attackers. Chose the offensive pivot set because it fitted well on the offensive type of team I had built five-sixths of and hits a hella hard. Gyarados was last to counter Mega Lopunny and provide a somewhat bulkier win-con and another switch-in to Keldeo and Azumarill. Changes I'm taking a look at are Hidden Power on Kyurem-B, U-turn on Mega Scizor, and potentially Yache Berry on Landorus-T. Click the RMT for more detail.

Original build was troubled by Clefable, which is why I had Iron Head on Kyurem-B originally, and I had to exert tons of offensive pressure to keep Clefable in check. Thundurus is annoying too because none of my team likes being paralyzed bar Landorus-T, which gets annihilated by Hidden Power Ice. Bisharp is something I just noticed because to be honest I have yet to face one but as Mega Scizor had Knock Off Bisharp won easily, KOing the rest of my team with ease as well.

Oh and "rime" means frost. Just if you're wondering.

Warrior (Scizor-Mega) @ Scizorite
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 16 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off

Polaroid (Kyurem-Black) @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Mild Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt
- Iron Head

Infinity (Latios) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Defog

Paralyzed (Thundurus) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast

Demons (Landorus-Therian) @ Soft Sand
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Gravity (Gyarados) @ Leftovers
EVs: 88 HP / 220 Atk / 4 Def / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Bounce
- Waterfall
- Substitute

Tʜᴇ Tʀɪᴀɴɢʟᴇ Eɴɪɢᴍᴀ

Breloom + Tornadus-T + Mega Manectric is a very potent trio capable of holding its one against many top-tier metagame threats, including, but not limited to, Mega Venusaur, Mega Metagross, Talonflame, Azumarill, Keldeo, and Excadrill. Here is the Good Cores post I made on such a trio consisting of more in-depth information about the function and specific threats. Anyway, Azumarill was added as I needed a more... substantial and reliable Water-type attack switch-in, because we all know that Breloom takes a helluva lot from any given Water attack. It also checks Mega Charizard X and provides wallbreaking potential. It's also fat and provides nice priority to pick off weakened threats such as Mega Pinsir. At this point, I needed to be able to outspeed boosted sweepers such as Mega Altaria and Mega Charizard X, which is why Excadrill + Tyranitar were added. Forming a sand duo, Excadrill is capable of outspeeding and checking the likes of Mega Charizard X and Mega Metagross under sand, while Tyranitar provides cool Pursuit support for bulky Psychic-types such as Latios and Celebi which are a nuisance for this team especially with Breloom concerned. It's a really offensive type of team and I was trying offense out (I like bulky offense / balance with fat stuff like Slowbro, but this ain't bulky at all), and it turned out decently. Breloom is actually quite good because Spore threatens a lot of Pokemon and the stuff that do want to switch-in don't enjoy getting hit by Mach Punch / Bullet Seed most of the time, bar Celebi and Mega Venusaur.

enigma (Breloom) @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Swords Dance
- Spore

defiance (Tornadus-Therian) @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 76 Atk / 180 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Superpower

thunderclap (Manectric-Mega) @ Manectite
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]

affinity (Azumarill) @ Choice Band
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Superpower

erosion (Tyranitar) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

manifesto (Excadrill) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

bludz

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 76 SpD / 20 Spe
Impish Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 232 HP / 252 SpA / 24 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Synthesis

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled

Slowbro @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Thunder Wave
- Slack Off

Skarmory @ Shed Shell
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 236 SpD / 24 Spe
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Iron Head
- Whirlwind
- Roost

Alakazam @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Knock Off

This team is built around a LO Alakazam sweep which I thought was a really sweet concept for a balance team because of its immunity to hazards. Garchomp is Rest + Sleep Talk so it can take on physical attackers more reliably and prevent them from setting up (most of the time). Mega Venusaur is standard, taking on Azumarill, Keldeo and such. Clefable has Stealth Rocks so the team doesn't just lose to Mega Sableye while also having Calm Mind to put on offensive pressure. Slowbro is my other Calm Minder which provides another bulky set up win condition and alleviates some of the pressure on Garchomp to check physical attackers. I originally wanted to use dual STABs but realized that if I couldn't Thunder Wave Mega Charizard X then it was too big of a threat. Was looking too grounded, while also weak to Mega Gardevoir and some other special attackers so I added SpDef Skarmory with Spikes to round off the hazard stacking. LO Alakazam is in the last slot with Knock Off as its final move so I can lure in Clefables, Heatrans, Torn-Ts and Chanseys to soften them up for the rest of the team. It's Magic Guard spam so I have no hazard removal which can be annoying against other hazard stacking teams that have spinners instead of Defoggers and pressure my Garchomp and Venusaur in particular (Slowbro to a degree as well). If you feel this is too much of a problem you can try Defog on Skarmory over Whirlwind or Spikes but I didn't like it as much. Threats would be Volcarona (serious problem provided it has Bug Buzz, keep up SR), Gengar and Mega Charizard Y all of which are best checked by Garchomp so keep it healthy. Psychic Manaphy, LO Hydreigon and the newly introduced Hoopa are problematic as well. Most of the offensive threats to this team can at least be checked or revenge killed by Alakazam. Just be careful not to get pursuit trapped too early on. Anyway I realize that it has a fair number of weaknesses but I've always found balance to have fewer but larger weaknesses than offense which has more weaknesses but each is smaller (which provides more opportunity for counterplay and this is why I think it's a better playstyle right now but that's besides the point). Enjoy.

I forgot to mention that if your opponent reveals Charizard Y, it's probably best to keep Venusaur in normal form for the time being as it allows you to abuse Chlorophyll.

Last edited:

bludz

Man I guess I'm like the dedicated spammer of this thread or something, but I enjoy sharing teams. I think I've gotten considerably better at building since the first few teams I posted on here, so they should be better samples to share.

Anyway 2 team dump this time.

Sand Offense:

reptar (Tyranitar) @ Smooth Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Def / 180 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Ice Beam

the janitor (Excadrill) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide

plane (Latias) @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Healing Wish

hero (Keldeo-Resolute) @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Secret Sword

superman (Scizor) @ Scizorite
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Superpower

hugh hefner (Amoonguss) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Clear Smog
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Wanted to build a basic sand offense team so I started with support Ttar + Excadrill. Ice Beam on Ttar to "lure" Garchomp and Lando-T. Excadrill's Jolly just so it maintains some speed outside of sand, I have a better chance against opposing Excadrills, and Swords Dance can raise its attack anyway. I figured this core really loved Latias for Healing Wish support, checking Zard Y and Keldeo while giving Excadrill room for Swords Dance. At this point I was really weak to dark types like Bisharp and Mega Gyarados while I also had problems breaking bulky grounds and Heatran, so Keldeo was an obvious addition. I went with SubCM to stallbreak a bit since the team was mostly offensively oriented at this point. Here I wanted to go with a Mega that could check fairy types since they were hugely threatening to me as well as being able to weaken Excadrill's checks. I went with offensive Mega Scizor since it lures in Rotom-Wash really nicely and can do a good job of weakening Hippo, Skarm and Slowbro as well. Provides an alternate win condition to Excadrill and is also an excellent cleaner with powerful priority. Since I'm not a bulky set, I'm still weak to things like Azumarill and Mega Lopunny. So I added Amoonguss aka Hugh Hefner to handle the bunnies and I gave him max defense with a Rocky Helmet to wear them down. HP Fire for Ferrothorn which bugs the team, I found Foul Play is really only helpful for Metagross which admittedly can be pretty threatening. Anyway bit weak to Torn-T, Metagross, a few other things and certain stall teams but mostly is pretty good I think.

Mega Altaria Bulky Offense:

Altaria @ Altarianite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 96 SpD / 28 Spe
Impish Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Frustration
- Roost
- Heal Bell

Manaphy @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 96 HP / 252 SpA / 160 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Scald
- Psychic
- Signal Beam

Talonflame @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 160 Atk / 92 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp

Latios @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Earthquake
- Defog

Scizor @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 128 Def / 84 SpD / 48 Spe
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 156 Def / 104 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Stone Edge

Original core here was Mega Altaria + Manaphy. Wanted to use DDD Altaria since it sets up on so many things. Manaphy was supposed to either lure Mega Venusaur or Ferrothorn and I went with Venusaur just because I feel like Psychic lets me have overall better coverage than HP Fire. Signal Beam in the last slot to hit Psychic types with the added benefit of not being cockblocked by Hoopa. Sitrus Berry gives a better matchup against offense and allows it to avoid a 2HKO from Mega Diancie after Rocks and a 2HKO from Gengar's Sludge Wave most of the time. I now wanted a real Scizor and Ferro check so I went with Talonflame. I felt like on a bulky offense team like this that standard SD wasn't the way to go and I wasn't feeling bulky wisp either so I went with an in between set which is actually really cool. If you have Talon you need a hazard remover and Latios seemed like the best fit. HP Fire + EQ lure so I can bop all the steels that Altaria hates, while not needing Psyshock since I have a lure to beat Venu already and Altaria beats Keldeo. Knew I needed a Weavile and fairy check here so I went with a Scizor. I went with a bulky SD set - defense lets it tank Knock Off from Weavile pretty decently, special defense for Gardevoir/Diancie etc.. and the speed is to hit BD Azu with Bullet Punch if it ever comes to that (I continue tweaking the spread to this day so feel free to screw with it). Last slot was Garchomp to set up Rocks and check Bisharp, Metagross, and Talonflame with Stone Edge just to get that last one done better. Team lacks a stallbreaker (Taunt SD Talon might be nice but Wisp has put in a ton of work for me) and is reliant on setup sweepers but having a number of unconventional sets makes it difficult for opponents to predict the team.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
In an effort to comfort cute user bludz with his loneliness while showing a team without dedicating years to a RMT like another cute user Trinitrotoluene I'll put a team I've been using lately here.

M-Sciz Balance:

Scizor @ Scizorite
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Def / 188 SpD / 28 Spe
Impish Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Roost
- Swords Dance

Latios @ Life Orb
EVs: 32 HP / 224 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Draco Meteor
- Recover
- Defog

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Pursuit

Suicune @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 68 SpD / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Roar
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 80 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunder Wave

Nidoqueen @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock
This is a pretty standard M-Scizor squad with bulky Knock Off M-Scizor providing the teams end-game and foundation in mind. Standard Latios set to give team hazard removal, an offensive check to Manaphy, pseudo ground immunity, and key resistances for team such as Keldeo. Scarf Tyranitar is nothing special, with Earthquake to make Keldeo switch ins less threatening and to minimize the loss of momentum. Roar Suicune is an UU staple lately that I've been fond of that I wanted to try out and so far it's been pretty great in providing a phasing tool for set up sweepers. Clefable is sort of a utility on the team spread paralysis around, considering the teams slower nature. Seismic Toss for more consistent damage against switch ins like Heatran and standard resists. This is the most changeable move with Calm Mind being a perfectly legitimate option as well. I wanted to use Nidoqueen as my rocker as it's one of the better ones that doesn't sort of get creamed or lose momentum on Clefable, while offensively checking it and threatening many other hazard setters based on what coverage it's running. If removing tankchomp is the goal Ice Beam over Fire Blast with Fire coverage on Clefable instead. Team wins against most threats through careful double switches and maintaining offensive and defensive pressure, every member of the team is vital so don't make an unnecessary sack with the notion that it's ok cause it probably isn't. Team rewards patience I guess you can say. Enjoy.

Edit: Had some people test Calm Mind as always is better on Clef, use that.

Last edited:
I'll also post a team to help keep this thread alive alongside users AM and bludz.

paid in blood (Pinsir) @ Pinsirite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Frustration
- Quick Attack
- Close Combat

bodies on bodies (Landorus-Therian) @ Yache Berry
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Explosion

hurts so good (Garchomp) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 76 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Blast

stillness waits (Latios) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Defog

straight to hell (Scizor) @ Life Orb
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Bug Bite
- Swords Dance

chasing death (Keldeo-Resolute) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Icy Wind

This team is an awesome ladder stomp team I made around adamant pinsir. This thing is insane, but what everyone asks me is why adamant over jolly? The reason is I don't care for its speed tier and adamant +2 quick attack wrecks offence anyway. This thing is a terrifying monstrosity to face tearing defensive cores apart with ease and does a number on offence too if its already weakened. Thats where Explosion landorus comes in, my resident manetric and raikou lure and rotom destroyer. I've had many games where I just sd turn one and get an easy two kills with edgequake coverage and explosion. Yache is ofc for manetric which is offence's best pinsir check (tank chomp gets 2hko'd at +0 with frustration btw) latios is for defog and to check char-y and manaphy a bit better. I threw hp fire on so pinsir has an easier time breaking skarmory and ferro. Scizor is mainly meant to weaken teams for pinsir, but I'm also terrified of Altaria and Gardevoir so this guy just gets thrown on quite a bit. The last thing that The team needed was some speed control and something to stop bisharp as it wrecks my team into the ground. Garchomp is garchomp. This is one of the most fun teams I've pumped out even if it is cookie cutter just a bit.

AM

LCPL Champion
Would it be possible to just add decent teams from Team Showcase from the RMT on to here as well? Granted this thread is kind of dead (really shouldn't be honestly with all the shit people post in OU cores you'd think they show some teams that they didn't theorymon -.-) so I figured it would help add on to teams that are working cause there are way more teams successful amongst people on ladder in tours than these alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)