Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers MKII (Read the OP First!) (Now with 100% more Rules!!!)

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Amoongus: Not bulky as Venu but it has its own perks, it has better ability in regenerator, can hold an item, has spore to shut down a threat, clear smog to remove boosts and can make the famous regenerator core with bro.
I wouldn't say "better ability" as M-Venu absolutely adores having Thick Fat. Also, lots of Amoonguss opt to not run an item so as to take on Azumarill more consistently (stops Knock Off from oblitterating it).

I wouldn't say "better ability" as M-Venu absolutely adores having Thick Fat. Also, lots of Amoonguss opt to not run an item so as to take on Azumarill more consistently (stops Knock Off from oblitterating it).
It would suck to get trapped by Goth, even more if you got your Sab anxius to troll it by switching into Psyshock.(Azumarrill is still an issue tho)

Thick Fat is good, but on Stall you need lots of recovery, and the Amoongus + Bro core has a great type synergy.

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Is there a list of "jump points" that I can find sitting around? I wanna try customizing the EV spreads for a team.

Is there a list of "jump points" that I can find sitting around? I wanna try customizing the EV spreads for a team.
Last Number in Base Stat----EVs Required
5 or 0------------------------16 / 56 / 96 / 136 / 176 / 216
6 or 1------------------------8 / 48 / 88 / 128 / 168 / 208 / 248
7 or 2------------------------40 / 80 / 120 / 160 / 200 / 240
8 or 3------------------------32 / 72 / 112 / 152 / 192 / 232
9 or 4------------------------24 / 64 / 104 / 144 / 184 / 224

Source: http://www.smogon.com/xy/articles/stats, popped up as a second link on google.

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Source: http://www.smogon.com/xy/articles/stats, popped up as a second link on google.
what google search?

That is referring specifically to Little Cup, where EV spreads are pretty wonky due to stuffing full training into a level 5 mon. The EV numbers are those required to raise a stat by one point up to the maximum of six.

p2

Banned deucer.
I'd keep in mind that that only accounts for stat boosting natures. Ie you can't get the jump point at 16 EVs with Jolly Bisharp, but you can with Adamant Bisharp.

This is the team that I have been experimenting with recently. However, it is very weak to Electrics and other fast sweepers. Any recommendations to improve the team? The team is based around Mega Diancie and Tornadus-T

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 76 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 96 HP / 160 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Tail Glow
- Scald
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Def / 52 SpD
Impish Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Spikes
- Play Rough
- Foul Play

Tornadus-Therian @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 76 Atk / 180 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hurricane
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Serperior @ Meadow Plate
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Glare

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 32 Atk / 252 SpA / 224 Spe
Naive Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power
- Protect

Last edited:
This is the team that I have been experimenting with recently. However, it is very weak to Electrics and other fast sweepers. Any recommendations to improve the team? The team is based around Mega Diancie and Tornadus-T

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 76 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 96 HP / 160 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Scald
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Def / 52 SpD
Impish Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Spikes
- Play Rough
- Foul Play

Tornadus-Therian @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 76 Atk / 180 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hurricane
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Serperior @ Meadow Plate
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Glare

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 32 Atk / 252 SpA / 224 Spe
Naive Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power
- Protect
Ferro makes a nice check to electrics with the exception of main so is that is an option. Hippo works to but is extremely passive. If you want a more offense choices scarf drill and AV metagross work nicely to but can only switch so much.

Right now electrics are a pain lol

Standard clef works ok as well

could someone pass me a spdef hippo set that could still check physical attackers? the standard spread doesnt have enougn spdef for me
What threats in particular do you need Hippowdon's SpDef to stand up to, since mixed walls are usually based on benchmarks? For example, current one is based on taking Thundurus-I's HP Ice.

could someone pass me a spdef hippo set that could still check physical attackers? the standard spread doesnt have enougn spdef for me
This is a hippo set with more sp.def that i've used to some success.
Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream / Sand Force
EVs: 252 HP / 68 Def / 184 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Stone Edge / Whirlwind

Is there an actual reason for the Metagross page to list Rock Polish, when it gets Agility as a level-up move? I know in reality they do the same thing, so it doesn't matter, but after I saw my Metang get Agility I'm honestly curious why Rock Polish was chosen? Is it just the lower PP?

Is there an actual reason for the Metagross page to list Rock Polish, when it gets Agility as a level-up move? I know in reality they do the same thing, so it doesn't matter, but after I saw my Metang get Agility I'm honestly curious why Rock Polish was chosen? Is it just the lower PP?
PP will never really come into play so it doesn't make a difference unless you want to make a silly joke about Cock Polish Rock Polish.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Agility should be run because it is objectively better, if only because of the extremely unlikely chance you need it for PP stalling. It's like how anything with Roar and Whirlwind always run Whirlwind just in case you come across something with Soundproof.

Gotta watch out for Imprison + Agility Zoroark after all :p. In all seriousness, it shouldn't be a big deal which one is used. If you're locked into a PP stalling war with Mega Metagross, you probably hit a serious bump in the middle of the battle.

Agility should be run because it is objectively better, if only because of the extremely unlikely chance you need it for PP stalling. It's like how anything with Roar and Whirlwind always run Whirlwind just in case you come across something with Soundproof.
Although I'm pretty sure you're right, the analysis still lists Rock Polish for some reason

I remember the person who wrote the analysis saying something along the lines of "rock polish was chosen because it is cooler".
So there ya go. Agility is better, rock polish is cooler. Take your pick.

I remember the person who wrote the analysis saying something along the lines of "rock polish was chosen because it is cooler".
So there ya go. Agility is better, rock polish is cooler. Take your pick.
Hate to say it, but that's basically what I was expecting, just wanted to make sure there wasn't some dark secret interaction reason otherwise. It just seems like these days nobody ever uses Agility, I honestly thought they might have just forgotten it existed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)