Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers MKII (Read the OP First!) (Now with 100% more Rules!!!)

OK, this has been bugging me for a while. Why are there suddenly so many spam posts in OU? Before, there was only like one a month, but now there's like one every other day. Is there some new trend of people thinking that it's okay to just randomly post?
What do you exactly mean with spam posts?

If you mean those people posting RMTs and Suspect Test ideas at the OU forum, they just didnt read the rules, i dont think they are trolls.

OK, this has been bugging me for a while. Why are there suddenly so many spam posts in OU? Before, there was only like one a month, but now there's like one every other day. Is there some new trend of people thinking that it's okay to just randomly post?
This isn't a recent thing, it's been like this since I joined and I doubt it was anything new then either.

I have a question: wich Unaware Clefable would fit better here?

1#Volcarona-Standard
2#Mega Gyarados-Standard
3#Ferrothorn-Utility with Spikes
4#Garchomp-TankChomp
5#Any Spinner
6#Clefable- Unaware+CM?? Unaware Wall??

I feel that cleric and wish support from the wall would be essential to keep Chomp and Ferro healthy, but the CM set helps to win boosting wars.

What do you think?

ps: this is not a RMT, just looking for advice.

Is there a nice little wiki page somewhere with all the acronyms? I found one old page, but it hasn't been updated in forever. Just now I saw a reference to AoA Gengar, and ended up wasting time looking at sets before realizing it meant all out attacker. I'm an on and off player and it can be frustrating to try to catch up when everything is randomly abbreviated with no reference anywhere in sight.

Is there a nice little wiki page somewhere with all the acronyms? I found one old page, but it hasn't been updated in forever. Just now I saw a reference to AoA Gengar, and ended up wasting time looking at sets before realizing it meant all out attacker. I'm an on and off player and it can be frustrating to try to catch up when everything is randomly abbreviated with no reference anywhere in sight.
There's this, it doesn't have everything but it's a start http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/pokemon-terminology-database.3531296/

I honestly think it's just a side effect of PS! (and subsequently Smogon) becoming more popular. More inexperienced players sign up, see 'Overused', and post their ideas there w/o reading the rules seeing this as any other common forums. Mostly these players specifically signed up for Smogon because they had this ONE thing they really wanted to post (whether it's team help, they think something is unbalanced, etc).

I guess these issues that they want to address mostly follow from them being active on PS! but they lack the context of the governing Smogon rulesets and policy, which are not that readily available on PS! itself (i.e. inexperience with tiering practices, differences with the classic Nintendo games that they are mostly coming from in the first place). As a new player enjoying PS! with one burning question, they see Smogon purely as a means to get their answer/help without wanting to care for the 'community' aspect or to dig deeper into what it's all about, resulting in them not reading any of the guides because they are not at the point yet to really care for all the other thing associated with Smogon. They just want their answer and they think they can get it here.

I don't know if this made much sense in retrospect, but honestly I would see this as a good thing. More popularity means more signups means more potential for a larger community, provided that they are properly explained how to use Smogon and it's purpose.

Hello guys, if I don't have the time to build but I still want to ladder, what's the best way to find teams on smogon ? (that work, and whose creator is okay with sharing).
Thank you in advance ! (and if something's wrong with my post please correct me I'm new here)

p2

Banned deucer.
Bulky Garchomp / Lando-T help cover Lopunny while just having a very offensive team is enough to pressure it and having Spikes really screw it over because once its in range for stuff like +2 Bisharps Sucker Punch, it's kinda screwed.
Rock types (TTar / Diancie / Mega Aero) for Talonflame, Heatran, Bulky Garchomp w/ Stone Edge and Lando-T can check it, stuff like Sash Alakazam annoy offensive variants
For Weavile, a bunch of offensive teams use Keldeo, Azumarill, and Klefki as their main switchins against it and stuff such as Mega Lopunny, Max Speed Talonflame, MegaMan, Mega Scizor and Scarf Rachi are capable of revenge killing it

I have a question: wich Unaware Clefable would fit better here?

1#Volcarona-Standard
2#Mega Gyarados-Standard
3#Ferrothorn-Utility with Spikes
4#Garchomp-TankChomp
5#Any Spinner
6#Clefable- Unaware+CM?? Unaware Wall??

I feel that cleric and wish support from the wall would be essential to keep Chomp and Ferro healthy, but the CM set helps to win boosting wars.

What do you think?

ps: this is not a RMT, just looking for advice.
I will have to repeat ;_;

Wich clefable is more helpful?

Thanks to KidMagic for Volcarona/Gyarados Dancing core, is just so good.

TankChomp takes on Mega Lopunny and Talonflame pretty nicely, while you could try out Klefki to stop Weavile.
I wouldn't associate bulky tank chomp with pure 'HO' to be honest. I mean you could run it, but the key to HO is overwhelming your opponent with offensive pressure rather than having switchins to anything at all (In this case I'm talking more about Sash Azelf, Scolipede, SD Lum Chomp, Custap Skarm type HO's).

What does HO use to handle Mega Lopunny, Talonflame and Weavile? I am trying to explore this playstyle for a bit.
As I mentioned above it depends on the type of HO. Bulky Chomp can form a nice core with Klefki for rocks/spikes with decent checking capabilities for offensive builds, but for other HO archetypes Lop is usually just dealt with through stuff like aggressively playing your own Talonflame, Prankster T Wave from Thundurus, Mach punch from LO Breloom, or Scarf Keldeo which generally matches very well vs offense (and also has the benefit to be a semi-check to Weavile and M Scizor). It really depends what kind of HO you're looking for and how you play it. For Weavile, Azu, Keldeo are the most common ways of dealing with it for HO. Other ways are again Jolly Talon to revenge, Mega Scizor, and scarf Excadrill also revenges and is commonly seen on HO these days.

Last edited:
I will have to repeat ;_;

Wich clefable is more helpful?

Thanks to KidMagic for Volcarona/Gyarados Dancing core, is just so good.
It completely depends on your preference what you think is more 'helpful'. You already have 2 strong win conditions in Mega Gyara and Volc, so one more is not that necessary, so if Unaware Clef I would personally go with the cleric set. This also let's you play Gyara and Volc a little more reckless early game forcing your opponent to status it, which you can later cure. You could even run Calm Mind/Heal Bell/Moonlight/Moonblast Unaware Clef to combine both worlds. A cool way to keep Garchomp healthy in that case is by running Rest in it's 4th slot, which you can later heal bell off again to improve it's longevity.

If you want the extra win condition you could also think of a fun set Tricking used together with Gyara: Magic Guard CM Clef with last move Healing Wish. This accomplishes the same as above but is a more offensive take. Try the options and see what ends up working best is the best advice imo.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I said I'd build it:
Karxrida

Her (Blissey) (F) @ Shed Shell
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Soft-Boiled
- Healing Wish
- Seismic Toss
- Flamethrower

Him (Bisharp) @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Low Kick
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Aerial Ace
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Earth Plate
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 30 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Hydro Pump
- Rapid Spin
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunderbolt

Obvs best spiker (Cacturne) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Sucker Punch
- Seed Bomb
- Swords Dance
Anyway...

I tend to think more along the lines of Helmet SD Chomper on HO, as it makes both Talon and Lop impale themselves while also outpacing SpD Talon and hitting it up with a Stone Edge/Rock Slide or Dragon Claw/Quake on Roost, depending on whether Talon has impaled itself with Brave Bird or not. M-Aero is a nice stop to both of them due to its blazing speed stat and resistance to Brave Bird, Fake Out and Quick Attack. As for Weavile, Mega Manectric and Lopunny cover it reasonably well; it is also easily walled by Keldeo unless it carries Aerial Ace.

Neither really. With that specific core I have to say that Offense is the way to go with it, not Balance. Please PM me and I'll be glad to help you.
It would be nice to give a try to offense, but is an alien playstyle to me :s, and the core is weak to M-Altaria, Keldeo and Hawlucha, and the first way to deal with them that came to my mind was Unaware Clefable.

For offense would be Talonflame, but i would have 3 SR weakness.

Im not sure wich would be the ideal teammates for offense.

SketchUp

Don't let your memes be dreams
Is sassy a viable nature for Ferrothorn?

And if it is what would be the ev spread for a mixed wall/tank?
It's viable but it's team dependent. If your main goal is to take hits from pokemon like Mega Gardevoir and Latios, Sassy might be better. You might wanna calc some things to get a nice EV Spread but a possibility is 252 / 104 / 152+, which lets you always survive a Hyper Voice + Focus Blast after Stealth Rock damage. Relaxed is better in most situations but Sassy might be useful.

Um, this is a bit of a strange question but is tagging generally considered a sign of disrespect? I've seen a lot of users (especially on the viability ranking thread) use the tag function to address a new user or a user who has made an illogical post, like say, Salamence for B- rank (This is an EXAMPLE. Never actually happened.) When a, say more credible user posts, people tend to use the quote function to rebound the argument. People also tend to tag users who they seem to have intention of dealing with on deal, rather just swat them off with a quick statement that cuts through their logic. I know this is strange but I'm generally interested.

Um, this is a bit of a strange question but is tagging generally considered a sign of disrespect? I've seen a lot of users (especially on the viability ranking thread) use the tag function to address a new user or a user who has made an illogical post, like say, Salamence for B- rank (This is an EXAMPLE. Never actually happened.) When a, say more credible user posts, people tend to use the quote function to rebound the argument. People also tend to tag users who they seem to have intention of dealing with on deal, rather just swat them off with a quick statement that cuts through their logic. I know this is strange but I'm generally interested.
The quote is usually for answering something specific and dont mess with the other posts, like i did your question.

The tag is to make sure the user will see the post, is not disrespectful, maybe they are just users that didnt notice the Reply button. -_-

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)