Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yah I gots me a question, wens you gonna get out a da bathroom and stop shitting your pants every motherfucking morning? When will the day come that you SMOGONITES WILL BE DESTROYED BY A LEVEL ONE STARLY AND MY MEGA CAMERUPT WHICH WILL SHIT LAVA IN YOUR TEAM AND MY MEGA SHARPEDO THAT WILL CRUNCH YOUR GOD DAMN PRIMAL MEGA RAYSHITQUAZA TO DEATH GGGGAGAGAGGAGAGAGGAAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHI WIN I WIN BECASE I BEAT THE BITCH ASS DIPSHIT MOTHERFUCKERS KNOWN AS SMOGONITES DONT HINK YOU CAN HURT ME CUS LEADER JASMINE IS MY BAE BICTHES!!!!!!!!! YOU LAZY (BAN ME PLEASE)S ARE GOING TO LEARN THAT YOUR ACTIONSHAVE CONSEQUENCES!!!!!!
Can someone like ginganigga explain to me why he wasn't banned the first time he trolled this forum? Call me crazy, but I really doubt he's trying to bring anything productive to this site.

You aren't playing protect right if you find it mostly useless outside of MEVOing when it makes a wonderful scout against Scarf Lando-T being able to either lock him into an EQ, and switch in a flying/levitate mon, or figuring out he is planning to use U-turn and nail the switch in hard. Same with scouting out a choice Scizor, locking it into BP and switching in Rotom-W. Lots of choice locked mons, usually surprise scarvers, love to revenge or check MDiancie is what I notice, and with SR protect makes a wonderful way to call their bluff (especially Lando-T so you can notice that lefties recoveries without giving him the chance to set rocks on your field.)

It has other uses as well in being able to lure and kill things that think they can kill Diancie before MEVO like Heatran/Bisharp/Keldeo - in some cases it can be clutch in wasting a turn of weather and of course baiting Mega Lop into HJK. Protect has a lot of utility if used right, especially if you play a volt-turn team because of the games it can cause and the constant switching which you can easily use to your advantage. Some players also like pairing it with Ferrothorn to wrack up passive damage.

They key thing I find when using Mega Diancie with protect is her weaknesses are very easily covered, a plain FWG core works, and since she baits a lot of attacks protect can ease prediction to the appropriate mon - many of which work well alongside her namely Rotom-W and Talonflame.
I don't think that makes it incredibly useful. The same argument with Protect could be applied to any other offensive Pokemon that could carry it but I understand your points.

I phrased myself wrongly by saying it's almost completely useless outside of Mega Evolving, instead I should have said that there are better options for an offensive 'mon (or would be, in Pidgeot's case since its movepool is so barren). An offensive 'mon would rather have a boosting move, coverage, or some other utility such as Taunt instead of Protect.

I don't think that makes it incredibly useful. The same argument with Protect could be applied to any other offensive Pokemon that could carry it but I understand your points.

I phrased myself wrongly by saying it's almost completely useless outside of Mega Evolving, instead I should have said that there are better options for an offensive 'mon (or would be, in Pidgeot's case since its movepool is so barren). An offensive 'mon would rather have a boosting move, coverage, or some other utility such as Taunt instead of Protect.
Thing is... Mega Diancie already has all the important coverage she needs with just her Fairy + Earth + Rock - she covers mostly everything relevant at that point. While the difficulty with boosting moves with Diancie is that she takes too much damage in the process given the myriad of weaknesses she carries compounded by her HP. She really doesn't need much moves for an offensive mon since she has mostly all bases covered, and HP fire is generally poor since there are better members suited for dealing with Scizor/Ferro (Skarmory can't do much against you anyways - and Scizor usually carries roost).

Just her natural strength tends to suffice from experience with the ladder. You could try SR/Heal Bell but... I find just attacking straight out and hitting the switch in hard is more rewarding, especially if you run mixed.

What are good teammates to cover Mega Gallade's checks and counters? Apologies if this is not the place to ask.
Dont worry it is the right place. The two best partners are bisharp and rotom-w, with sharp being able to check psychics and fairies and whatnot, as well as having great typing synergy with gallade and rotom deals with bird spam and ground types well.

To add to the above, Specs Sylveon and RD TG Manaphy are amazing partners for breaking down stall 'mon like Sableye and Slowbro that Gallade (and potential partner Bisharp) have a lot of trouble with.

No one knows yet, because they are still identifying voters and voting, but we all greninja is going to get banned.
Don't make assumptions. We don't really know until the final tally comes in. Some of these have been really close in the past, and some (obvious) canadites have failed, Keldeo for example.

Hello I have a question.

Why Landorus-T is very used in competitive if is veeery very difficult to catch with 5 or 6 ivs? It cant have eggs because its a legendary pokemon.

Hello I have a question.

Why Landorus-T is very used in competitive if is veeery very difficult to catch with 5 or 6 ivs? It cant have eggs because its a legendary pokemon.
Most battle is done on online battle simulators - Pokémon Showdown for the most part - rather than in-game.

Hello I have a question.

Landorus-T is one of the best pokemon in ORAS. It's a great scarfer, and it's decent bulk combined with intimidate helps it check most physical attackers (except stuff like defiant thundy or bisharp). Lando is also a very solid SR setter, and a great pivot.

All these factors help make Landorus-T one of the most used pokemon in the competitive scene.

I have been mentally debating the value of grass knot vs. thunderpunch on Mega-gross. Most of what I read recommends grass knot and I was trying to figure out why.

The main conclusion I came to is that most of the bulky water types that can cause Metagross problems are weaker on the special side? Is that the reason? Or is it that combined with the fact that the majority of them are amazingly heavy.

Thank you Kurona and firehusky for your answers.

Landorus-T is one of the best pokemon in ORAS. It's a great scarfer, and it's decent bulk combined with intimidate helps it check most physical attackers (except stuff like defiant thundy or bisharp). Lando is also a very solid SR setter, and a great pivot.

All these factors help make Landorus-T one of the most used pokemon in the competitive scene.
But does it still worth without the ivs rather than other pokemons with 6 ivs?

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist

You can catch one ingame with good IVs. It might take a while, but it's certainly feasible. I caught a perfect terrakion and a perfect cresselia, and I've caught other legendaries with IVs at 29+.

In addition, if you want a landorus, there's a tournament this friday on the VGC forum and you can get a good landorus for participating!

I have been mentally debating the value of grass knot vs. thunderpunch on Mega-gross. Most of what I read recommends grass knot and I was trying to figure out why.

The main conclusion I came to is that most of the bulky water types that can cause Metagross problems are weaker on the special side? Is that the reason? Or is it that combined with the fact that the majority of them are amazingly heavy.
Its the former. Most of the mons that can handle Mega Metagross are usually physical walls such as Slowbro and Hippowdon; Grass Knot hits these mons much harder than Thunderpunch, even with its Tough Claws boost:
252 Atk Tough Claws Mega Metagross Thunder Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 160-190 (40.6 - 48.2%) -- 64.5% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
0 SpA Tough Claws Mega Metagross Grass Knot (80 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Slowbro: 192-226 (48.7 - 57.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252 Atk Tough Claws Mega Metagross Meteor Mash vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 136-162 (32.3 - 38.5%) -- 53% chance to 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
0 SpA Tough Claws Mega Metagross Grass Knot (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Hippowdon: 314-370 (74.7 - 88%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Just to add to this, the general philosphy of the simulator is that if a pokemon is obtainable, it is usable. So, while the odds of catching a perfect IV Landorus is certainly low, because it is possible without hacking or cheats, it is usable. This is why we have so many legendaries used on the simulator with perfect IVs despite them being hard to catch in-game.

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
How does M-Sceptile hold up in OU? What team's does he fit?
Sceptile is one of my favorite Pokemon of all time, but its mega is quite disappointing to me. It can definitely put in work against hyper offensive and bulky offense teams, but it is walled by some of the most common mons on stall and balance, so it can be deadweight at times. Also, many common revenge killers on offense can go before mega scep and knock it out easily. Honestly I feel like it is best used in UU or RU because the OU metagame is simply not kind to mega sceptile.

Is cleric Vaporeon (wish/healbell/sub/baton pass maybe? kinda weird without any offense, maybe I should drop something for scald) is a decent idea of support for Mega Metagross?

if not, what other cleric would you recommend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)