Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
With level 50 being the 'standard' in terms of wifi battling, what are considered the best ev spread for—let's say—a fast special attacker in that level?

Catch yourself a male Axew in the Connecting Cave and evolve it. Fraxure can relearn Dragon Dance at the tutor.
so if i breed that fraxure with a larvitar, the eggs will have dragon dance? does it have to be female or male, or does it not matter? also, after i get a larvitar with DD on it, i can go back to breeding with dittos, and the offspring will all have DD?

sorry, i'm new to breeding, and wanted to make a team before all the pokebank madness

What nature and EV spread is best for Rotom-W currently? I recently bred a Modest one, but after looking at the moveset analysis for it in the recent simulator statistics, Calm and Timid came up as the most used ones. Should I rebreed for Calm/Timid? I currently plan on using the Bulky Sweeper set from the B/W analysis and am not sure if that is what I should be aiming for. I'm returning to the game from D/P on top of it being a new meta so yea (also playing cart, instead of simulator).

Thanks in advance!

I want to breed 5 perfect IVs Pikachu that got Volt Tackle and Fake Out, I already bred Pichu that knows those moves, after I evolve him to Pikachu, can he pass the Volt Tackle without Holding Light Ball? because if not it's Impossible to breed A good one :(

The idea of Pokebank is that it is supposed to be a central 'hub' for all online Pokemon games to deposit to and withdraw from, but to get your GenV Pokemon there will be an in-between program that takes them out of B/W(2) and stores them for Pokebank access. So it's likely the answer is no unfortunately.

TL;DR - 99% no.
100% no. Nintendo confirmed it on their Pokébank FAQ.

Note that Poké Transporter cannot return Pokémon to Pokémon Black Version, Pokémon White Version, Pokémon Black Version 2, or Pokémon White Version 2 after they have been stored in an online Box.

Here's the scenario:
Turn 1: Absol holding it's Mega-Evolution stone faces off against a Klefki. If Absol chooses to Mega-evolve, will it bounce back that first attempt at status? Or will Klefki's prankster go first before I can mega-evolve?

Do Opowers work in Battle Maison?
No, they do not.

Is it possible to get a shelmet with overcoat the way things are right now without poketransfer?
It doesn't look like it. It doesn't appear in hordes or the Friend Safari, which are the only two methods that we know of right now that give Hidden Abilities.

With level 50 being the 'standard' in terms of wifi battling, what are considered the best ev spread for—let's say—a fast special attacker in that level?
Generally, 252SpAttack/252Speed still holds, although depending on your IV, 248 EVs will give you the same speed at level 50 as 252 EVs. I forget the formula, but I'll find it and edit it in my answer.

Edit: Smogon tells it like it is.

so if i breed that fraxure with a larvitar, the eggs will have dragon dance? does it have to be female or male, or does it not matter? also, after i get a larvitar with DD on it, i can go back to breeding with dittos, and the offspring will all have DD?

sorry, i'm new to breeding, and wanted to make a team before all the pokebank madness
Yes. Both males and females can pass egg moves, but obviously the first Fraxure must be male because you want a female Larvitar to get Larvitar babies. After that, a female Larvitar with Dragon Dance should also pass on its egg moves along with male ones, even if you breed with Ditto (I believe).

I want to breed 5 perfect IVs Pikachu that got Volt Tackle and Fake Out, I already bred Pichu that knows those moves, after I evolve him to Pikachu, can he pass the Volt Tackle without Holding Light Ball? because if not it's Impossible to breed A good one :(
You'd best rely on the Light Ball and Destiny Knot and hope for the right nature, since hitting the right nature has a higher chance than randomly rolling for IVs without the Knot.

Is Lucky Egg + Exp O-Power + Elite 4 the bast way to level up to 100?
Using the Lucky Egg and the O-Power at Restaurant Le Wow is much faster than the E4. Although it costs money to get in, you get it all back with the Balm Mushrooms that you can sell when you win. The trainers are much stronger and the battles move much more quickly than the Elite Four, which has beautiful but loooong animations in their rooms. The only drawback to the restaurant is that you must participate in Doubles, Triples, or Rotation battles, but you can have just one powerful Pokemon stay in at all times during Rotation and the other 2 Pokemon on the field + the rest of your team will get experience with Exp. Share, of course.

Here's the scenario:
Turn 1: Absol holding it's Mega-Evolution stone faces off against a Klefki. If Absol chooses to Mega-evolve, will it bounce back that first attempt at status? Or will Klefki's prankster go first before I can mega-evolve?
Mega Evolution always happens first in the turn. You should bounce the status back.

Last edited:
Situation: You are using an Alakazam. Your opponent throws out Gengar. During the first turn, it Mega-Evolves, and you try to switch out Alakazam. Does the switch happen before the Mega-Evolution (and, therefore, before Shadow Tag), or after?

As far as I know, Mega-Evolution is treated like a "Trainer turn", with the same priority as switching or using an item, so I'm not sure what would happen here.

Situation: You are using an Alakazam. Your opponent throws out Gengar. During the first turn, it Mega-Evolves, and you try to switch out Alakazam. Does the switch happen before the Mega-Evolution (and, therefore, before Shadow Tag), or after?

As far as I know, Mega-Evolution is treated like a "Trainer turn", with the same priority as switching or using an item, so I'm not sure what would happen here.
Switching has a higher priority than mega-evolving; switching first, mega second.

Where can I find the list of the initial banlist posted for OU? I remember seeing it a week or two ago but now I cannot find it anywhere.

final question, do all t-tars get sand stream? because i know pupitar and larvitar only have one ability each, but t-tar can also get unnerve. don't want to breed a nice larvitar and then level it just to get a stupid unnerve t-tar

final question, do all t-tars get sand stream? because i know pupitar and larvitar only have one ability each, but t-tar can also get unnerve. don't want to breed a nice larvitar and then level it just to get a stupid unnerve t-tar
Unnerve is a Hidden Ability and can only be passed down when your female actually has a Hidden Ability. So if your mother Larvitar has Guts, its offspring will always end with Guts/Sand Stream. If your mother Larvitar has Sand Veil, the offspring may get Guts/Sand Stream or Sand Veil/Unnerve - the chances are roughly equal.

I've just seen a showdown video showing a Protean Kecleon with Drain Punch. Drain Punch is a move tutor move in Gen V so won't that make it illegal with Protean?

I've just seen a showdown video showing a Protean Kecleon with Drain Punch. Drain Punch is a move tutor move in Gen V so won't that make it illegal with Protean?
Are you sure you haven't watched a Pokebank OU match? Pokebank Tiers allow the use of moves and mons from the past generations.

Is there a Gen 6 calc yet? Or are people just doing what I'm doing and manually inputting custom Stats into the Gen 5 calcs?
They do custom calcs.

Are you sure you haven't watched a Pokebank OU match? Pokebank Tiers allow the use of moves and mons from the past generations.
Oh bugger yeah it was. Wasn't sure of the specific rules of Pokebank matches. Still, this isn't possible in game until move tutors in the next game.

Just a quick question for help if you can, Im stuck between Victini or Alakazam for my Psychic team, and sugestions on making my team better.
I have on board with me Espeon, Metagross, Starmie, Medicham and Gardervoir.

Im open to any other suggestions on Pokemon as well

I've just got a 5IVs (25 hp) jolly gible out of parents who don't have 31 SpA. Can I just breed it with a 31 hp dragon with outrage to get my perfect gible? And who do I breed her with to get it?

Bulbapedia seems to be claiming that gems in Gen VI now only provide a 30% boost. Is this true? If it is, doesn't it basically make gems completely pointless (even in, like, doubles) thanks to the existence of Life Orb?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)