Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be more accurate:

Genesect cannot OHKO every Ferrothorn and every Trevenant with Flamethrower, no matter which nature it has.
252 SpA Expert Belt Genesect Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Ferrothorn: 293-346 (83.23 - 98.29%) -- 31.25% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Expert Belt Genesect Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Trevenant: 182-216 (48.66 - 57.75%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Expert Belt Genesect Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Ferrothorn: 322-379 (91.47 - 107.67%) -- 81.25% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Expert Belt Genesect Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Trevenant: 202-238 (54.01 - 63.63%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

2HKOing is relatively easy.
0 SpA Expert Belt Genesect Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Ferrothorn: 240-283 (68.18 - 80.39%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
120 SpA Expert Belt Genesect Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Ferrothorn: 166-197 (44.38 - 52.67%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
Genesect needs at least 306 SAtk in order to 2HKO every Trevenant, technically speaking. Unfortunately for you, it activates Sitrus Berries.

In order to beat it you need to do at least 467 damage.
Stealth Rocks deal 23, and Modest 252 Genesect deals a mimimun of 202 per Flamethrower, making the total damage 427, making it impossible to 2HKO Trevenant at all; except for one, almost impossible case.

It is possible to 2HKO Trevenant when you have no SR on the field. Neutral 252 Genesect has to do a minimum damage, dealing either 182 or 185 damage (187 activates the berry), then doing a high damage roll, killing it. As said, only almost impossible.
We have optimized the case: When Neutral Genesect has 168 SAtk, 187 is roughly in the middle, in that case your chance to 2HKO Trevenant is roughly 25% and that is the best chance you have.
Thanks a lot for all the calcs :) I really owe you
All of this because of the BS reduction this gen, I suppose ? :(
I'll run the last repartition, I think. A last question, if it's not too much to ask : are there any battlers which invest some EV in SpD? (or, what is the most bulky specially defensive aegi effectively played?)

Right.

So I would have no way to breed a Mawile with Stealth Rock + Fire Fang in 6th Gen. Is that correct?
You can get Fire Fang, since it's an egg move. You cannot get Stealth Rock in any way whatsoever except by transferring a Mawile from B2W2 that has been tutored the move and using that.

Question: how do I get HP Ice on Jolteon?

Someone said: 31 IVs in HP, SpAtk, SpDef, and Speed and 30 IVs in Atk and Def.
I know the Pokemon Potential Checker guy in Kiloude City tells you which IVs are perfect and which IVs, if any, are 0.

But how do I go about breeding an IV at 30 and not 31?? And how do I know when it is a 30?

Is it confirmed though? Pokebank is yet to be released, so nobody knows for sure unless it's been officially stated before..
No but those moves are still available on other Pokemon.
Breeding a, for instance, Fire Punch Medicham with a Charizard won't cause a Fire Punch Charmander.

And following on that, Charizard wouldn't pass down Heat Wave to Charmander either.

This has been bothering me for a while... Why is it that, on the analyses for Latias (not exclusive to gen VI, mostly regarding gen V, but it's still relevant here), why is Roost alway mentioned, and Recover never mentioned at all? Since Latias isn't Flying type, Roost and Recover should function identically on her, correct? Is there something that I'm missing here, or is Roost just given preference in this case for no real reason?

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
This has been bothering me for a while... Why is it that, on the analyses for Latias (not exclusive to gen VI, mostly regarding gen V, but it's still relevant here), why is Roost alway mentioned, and Recover never mentioned at all? Since Latias isn't Flying type, Roost and Recover should function identically on her, correct? Is there something that I'm missing here, or is Roost just given preference in this case for no real reason?
Roost is a lot more common on popular defensive mons so it getting mentioned over Recover is a matter of habit. Since Latias isn't a Flying type, they're functionally exactly the same.

When are the lower tiers released?
Not been announced. Presumably they're not tiering until after Pokebank releases and the initial fallout from that completes. There's a lot of things that will change drastically (for example, while Talonflame will probably still see use, it's probably going to plummet once Heatran and the ravening horde of Move Tutored Stealth Rockers comes out to play).

Not being privy to any plans, and bearing in mind that there's every chance that I missed an announcement to that effect, but I wouldn't personally expect tiering to start happening until January or February.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
It doesn't matter mostly, but there are some people who might think Levitate is cancelled by Roost and try to Earthquake on a predicted Roost - it's very, very, VERY situational but hey, it could work. xD

Been mucking around on doubles for a bit and was wondering whether Assault Vest was viable on Rhyperior? Does it turn any OHKOs into 2KHOs? Or is he better running something like expert belt or liechi berry?

Can someone explain air baloon on Rotom fan? Random Wifi battle guy had it and I was confused since flying is an instant resistance to ground. Or is it?

I was wondering 2 things about the new MEvo PKMNs. The first, is if Manetric-Mega is viable or not. Well, I mean if it's actually a good top OU threat in the current metagame or not. I've used it and it's working really well, but I want to know if it's actually a good PKM and is like an "A" threat in OU. I know it's viable, so don't say that.

Next, I have been using Ampharos-Mega as well. Answer the same question as details like the above one, like if it's actually a top OU threat.

I appreciate it. thanks

Can someone explain air baloon on Rotom fan? Random Wifi battle guy had it and I was confused since flying is an instant resistance to ground. Or is it?
Awkward Double Post

Flying-type means your immune to Ground-type. Levitate ability means immunity to ground. Rotom-Fan has both of these traits. And Levitate is useless on it, since it's already Flying-type. Some people run Balloon as a joke saying Rotom-F has a triple immunity to Ground-type to gets the lol's.

I was wondering 2 things about the new MEvo PKMNs. The first, is if Manetric-Mega is viable or not. Well, I mean if it's actually a good top OU threat in the current metagame or not. I've used it and it's working really well, but I want to know if it's actually a good PKM and is like an "A" threat in OU. I know it's viable, so don't say that.

Next, I have been using Ampharos-Mega as well. Answer the same question as details like the above one, like if it's actually a top OU threat.

I appreciate it. thanks
MAmpharos I can't comment on, but I can say that MManectric is not a huge threat. Between it's lacking power due to it's inability to hold an item, it's lacking movepool, and it's reliance on moves that force you out (Overheat, Volt Switch), MManectric is not about to take OU by storm any time soon. However, he forms a very effective VoltTurn combo with Landorus-T, who also has Intimidate, which can force out physical attackers until the cows come home.

It should be noted that Mega Manetric's base 135 speed can outrun some +1 Dragon Dancers(Gyarados, Dragonite) when running a timid nature and that it can still outrun Gengar and Mega Lucario when it carries a modest nature.

That thing is downright fast.

Can someone give me a list of Mons that can handle Thundurus-I well? The prankster T-Waves and BoltBeam+Fighting coverage is really annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)