Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm making a stall team right now and I have Vaporeon as a Wish-passer, M-Blastoise as a Spinner, and Skarmory as a hazard setter/phazer, but all three are weak to Electric-type. Any suggestions as to who could replace who for any of these roles? I'd prefer not to lose Vaporeon though.
Excadrill can be a good rapid spinner since it's immune to Electric attacks. Vaporeon isn't a good Wish passer though and could be replaced by something like Chansey.

I'm struggling to choose a defogger with stealth rock for my team, I'm torn between:

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 Spd
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Roost

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet/ leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Whirlwind/ brave bird
- Stealth Rock
- Roost

The flying type helps avoid EQ, both have great defenses, Gliscor has more attack & speed (and isn't taunt bait) whereas skarmory has more defense & rocky helmet can rack up some damage (if I use it over leftovers). Also don't want skarmory to be taunt bait so I may pick b.bird over whirlwind.

Other team members:
Mega venusaur (mixed wall)
unaware clefable (max defense)
Sp.def heatran
sp.atk aegislash
Defense wish passing vaporeon

Regarding Chansey and Blissey: last gen, Knock Off was not really used so Chansey can hold Eviolite more easily than this gen. However, why is that Chansey seems to be more viable this gen? (Both usage and the viability thread)

Regarding Chansey and Blissey: last gen, Knock Off was not really used so Chansey can hold Eviolite more easily than this gen. However, why is that Chansey seems to be more viable this gen? (Both usage and the viability thread)
Last generation Blissey her main advantages was Leftovers to negate Sandstorm and Hail damage. However since sand teams and weather in general have died down in usage ( sand seems to make a comeback though ) Blissey lost her main niche over Chansey. Also the other niche Blissey had over Chansey in using some special attacks isn't as useful anymore since the main targets last generation aren't used much anymore.

In pokemon Y, how can i breed a quagsire to have recover and stockpile?

Also, how does skarmory learn defog and stealth rock in game?
I don't know question 1 sorry.

However Skarmory only learns Defog and Stealth Rock in older generations. Defog is an HM in Diamond Pearl and Platinum while for Stealth Rock you either have to use the BW 2 tutors, generation 4 TM or breed one in generation 6 with an Aerodactyl or Archeops that knows Stealth Rock. However Archeops and Aerodactyl only learn it through the Black and White move tutors and Aerodactyl can once again learn it in generation 4 as a TM.

In pokemon Y, how can i breed a quagsire to have recover and stockpile?

Also, how does skarmory learn defog and stealth rock in game?
First part, I believe the breeding mechanics have changed so a Pokemon can inherit Egg moves from both parents now, hence Azumarill's Belly Jet sets.

So breed a female Quagsire with Recover, and then breed that one with another parent who has Stockpile, and assuming no conflicting inheritance, the Wooper should have both moves.

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Some good choices are Bisharp, Choice Band Tyranitar and either Mega Scizor or Choice Band Scizor if you need your Mega Slot open
I dont really agree with the example of mega scizor, because non mega scizor does much better as a pursuit trapper in comparison to mega scizor. Other than that, all the pokemon are good pursuit trappers.

No, I meant what are the qualities of a good pursuit trapper. I'm pretty sure scarftar sees more usage than banded tar tho.
A good pursuit trapper would be able to be bulky enough to resist many of psychic type's coverage moves. They have pursuit, usually with STAB or ridiculously high attack to boost pursuit's power. They are able to force switches easily as well. Tyranitar is a good pick since he is immune to Psychic, AV set in sandstorm avoids 2HKO from Hidden Power Fighting and is usually able to tank at least 1 Focus Blast, and has STAB on Pursuit.

Anyone know how many sp.def EV's a Multiscale Adamant Dragonite needs to survive a Timid Protean Greninja's Ice Beam?
252 SpA Life Orb Protean Greninja Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 184 SpD Multiscale Dragonite: 273-322 (84.5 - 99.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO for guaranteed
252 SpA Life Orb Protean Greninja Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 8 SpD Multiscale Dragonite: 322-382 (99.6 - 118.2%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO for a chance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)