Resource ORAS OU Teambuilding

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkNostalgia

Fading in, fading out, on the edge of paradise
is a Contributor Alumnus
252 Atk Life Orb Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Hoopa: 251-296 (83.3 - 98.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Hoopa: 278-329 (92.3 - 109.3%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO

252+ Atk Life Orb Technician Breloom Mach Punch vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Hoopa: 235-278 (78 - 92.3%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Life Orb Technician Breloom Mach Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Hoopa: 212-251 (70.4 - 83.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252 SpA Keldeo Secret Sword vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Hoopa: 234-276 (77.7 - 91.6%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Keldeo Secret Sword vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Hoopa: 210-247 (69.7 - 82%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

+1 0 Atk Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Hoopa: 246-289 (81.7 - 96%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 0 Atk Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Hoopa: 273-322 (90.6 - 106.9%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO

0 Atk Ferrothorn Gyro Ball (150 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Hoopa: 231-273 (76.7 - 90.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 Atk Ferrothorn Gyro Ball (150 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Hoopa: 258-304 (85.7 - 100.9%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
0 Atk Ferrothorn Gyro Ball (150 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Hoopa: 258-304 (85.7 - 100.9%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

252 Atk Life Orb Weavile Icicle Crash vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Hoopa: 259-305 (86 - 101.3%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Life Orb Weavile Icicle Crash vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Hoopa: 286-339 (95 - 112.6%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO

Sorry for the wall of calcs, but here are just some scenarios that Naive > Hasty benefits Hoopa-Unbound. Obviously you need to take into account prior damage but it's sort of like a safety net. Not saying that Naive should be used over Hasty, just saying that Naive is a viable option.

What are the chances of getting a write-up for Dragon Dance Mega Tyranitar using Crunch and Fire Punch for coverage rather than Earthquake and Ice Punch? It's by far my preferred set since I dislike omitting a STAB unless it's clearly redundant (e.g. Landorus-Therian) but the on-site coverage is somewhat sparse; it'd be useful to get it added here with some more detail on good teammates and what to consider when picking teammates for it.

What are the chances of getting a write-up for Dragon Dance Mega Tyranitar using Crunch and Fire Punch for coverage rather than Earthquake and Ice Punch? It's by far my preferred set since I dislike omitting a STAB unless it's clearly redundant (e.g. Landorus-Therian) but the on-site coverage is somewhat sparse; it'd be useful to get it added here with some more detail on good teammates and what to consider when picking teammates for it.
If you're asking to do a revamp, I likely wouldn't be opposed to it if only because the set given doesn't have any slashed moves on it and is a bit outdated, though if you do you should use the same slashes as the set in the dex.

I don't have the metagame knowledge or experience to do a revamp, sadly. I was hoping to draw some attention to it so someone who knows what they're doing can do that.

Can someone help build a team with charX using only gen1 and gen2 mons please
This isn't really the place to ask. I would ask this in the SQSA thread here: http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...the-op-first-now-with-100-more-rules.3542207/. They'll either help or send you to people who can help, though you should know in advance that building a viable OU team using only gen 1 and gen 2 Pokemon is an extremely difficult task, especially given how few gen 1 and gen 2 mons are still viable in OU.

Life Orb Hoopa was covered already but that was the mixed set, so here is the purely special wallbreaker set.

Hoopa-Unbound @ Life Orb
Ability: Magician
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Dark Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Psyshock
- Nasty Plot

Role: Special wallbreaker

What It Does: Nasty Plot + 3 attacks Hoopa-U demolishes everything slower and has zero switch-ins. Dark/Fighting/Psychic is fantastic coverage, and it can muscle through a variety of defensive pokemon for several reasons--being a purely special attacker, its offenses are not hindered by burn. It can hit physically and specially. It can boost its offenses on both sides through Nasty Plot and basically has no counters. In addition, it breaks through things like Ferrothorn without taking contact-based damage (e.g. fire punch still makes it take a bit of chip damage). Finally, because Dark has very few resistances, and Psychic STAB covers both fighting and fairy for at least neutral damage. Focus Blast is for dark types, e.g. Mandibuzz, though you have to catch offensive Darks on the switch, e.g. Bisharp.

Good Teammates: Given that Hoopa likes smacking defensive teams, pairing with offense killers like Lopunny is pretty cool as you have a solid destroyer of each playstyle. Pairing it with Rocky Helmet Garchomp/Ferrothorn is nice to punish pokemon that come in and spam U-turn against it. If you want to get real adventurous you could also try Tailwind offense.

What Counters It: Ahahaha no this thing has no counters. Most of its checks have to hit it on its physical side, as its special bulk is remarkably solid. It lives a Life Orb Draco from Latios, which shows its impressive bulk. However, its lackluster defense and lack of resistances and immunities beyond Psychic-type leave a bit to be desired. And of course, there's the 4x weakness to bug, but a team without something that can take a U-turn or a Bug Buzz is improperly built.

Any Additional Info: Psyshock can OHKO Chansey at +2. Muahahahaha...

i have something to say about the mixed hoopa-u set: i think 200 atk/56 spa is a better ev's spread, since the evs in attack allow you to OKO bold clefable with 252 hp/def, and any other fairy in the tier bar klefki. the spa allow you to 2KO things like klefki, sp.def skarmory and ferrothorn with focus blast and 2ko mandibuzz with evs in sp.def after rocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)