Project ORAS Rarely Used Teambuilding Competition v69 [Nominations]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moon

Grossly Incandescent
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Pretty cool core this week so I made a team.

Medicham @ Life Orb
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Fake Out
- Zen Headbutt
- Thunder Punch

Drapion @ Black Sludge
Ability: Sniper
EVs: 184 HP / 252 Atk / 72 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Toxic Spikes
- Taunt
- Knock Off

Abomasnow @ Abomasite
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 128 HP / 252 Atk / 128 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Seed Bomb

Cobalion @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
EVs: 160 HP / 96 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Close Combat
- Volt Switch

Fletchinder
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 96 HP / 252 Atk / 160 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost

Kabutops @ Assault Vest
Ability: Weak Armor
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet
- Stone Edge
- Rapid Spin

When I looked at the cores the idea to came to me was to make an offensive build pairing Medicham with a pursuit t-spikes Drapion (got this idea from Pearl's team archive). Drapion can switch into Reuniclus and Cress that stop Medicham. I chose to use Medicham as a life orb wallbreaker because it pretty much destroys standard defensive teams right now if they lack bold 'tomb. I added fake out to the set because I figured defensive teams were mostly covered with STABs and thunderpunch to nail Slowking, and fake out plus t-spikes was a nice combo to give it added pressure against offense. This set leaves it weak to Doublade so I have to work around that. Lead Cobalion was a nice choice since it just got even better without Gligar in the tier and I wanted rocks on the team. Since LO Cham can lure and cripple or simply remove physical walls, Mega Abomasnow and Fletchinder were chosen as set up sweepers that can clean weakened teams and also be very strong against offense with their priority attacks. I didn't want to repeat any mons from last week but I really wanted to use Fletch so Kabutops just paired really nicely with the team here as a spinner.

This team worked pretty well on the ladder. I tried a couple different variations with Melo and Scarfboar(got to #5 trying to test for this lol), but this is definitely a pretty clean version. LO Medicham is a huge threat imo.

Last edited:

Medicham @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Zen Headbutt
- Bulk Up
- Baton Pass

Houndoom @ Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire
Naive Nature
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Fire Blast
- Crunch

Abomasnow @ Abomasite
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Atk / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Wood Hammer

Mesprit @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 144 Def / 148 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Stealth Rock/Dazzling Gleam
- U-turn
- Healing Wish

Magneton @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Water]

Kabutops @ Assault Vest
Ability: Weak Armor
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet

Since i've chosen the Pursuit trapper i'm gonna pair with Medicham, namely Houndoom, i started analyzing the former's moveset a bit and it comes to me a wonderful idea. I planned to use a Bulk Up + Baton Pass set with Medicham, to heavily increase Doomer's physical attack and its ability to cripple all the Medicham's check and counters (which includes solid physical walls, such as Cresselia) on making its Pursuit the strongest possible. With one BU Houndoom hits an attack stat higher than Adamant Mega-Sharpedo's (418 versus 416 for shark), which is huge, as well as taking less damage from both Doublade and Spiritomb hits thanks to Bulk Up's defense rose. I realised my core has some troubles with Slowking and needed a viable bulky Water slayer, something that became pretty rare in RU as lot of them has left the tier via Tier Shifts or the suspect test. So I was looking for a mon that can also benefit from Bulk Ups, that's why I decided to choose SD Mega-Abomasnow that literally loves the work done by my initial core. Now the team was litterally smacked by any fast/scarfed Fighting-type, Gligar being banned, it's quite hard to find something for that, but I finally found Mesprit that is very helpful for my team as a Bulky Pivot and especially thanks to Healing Wish, that helps a lot my core breaking defensive builds. Magneton has been chosen for Bold Aromatisse that was pretty annoying for my team and as a Toxic fodder. Its Choice Scarf set allows me to get rid of dangerous set up sweepers, especially Hone Claws Durant and Dragon Dance Adamant Tyrantrum. And then I noticed the team needed a switchin to Fire-types and was quite weak to Stealth Rock, so I chose standard AV Kabutops and not Archeops :[.

I did some battles on ladder and yeah the team is pretty cool to use, here's some replays :

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ru-209567736
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ru-209564188
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ru-209600681

Last edited:

Enfilade (Tyrantrum) @ Choice Band
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Head Smash
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Superpower

Quarantined (Drapion) @ Lum Berry
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab
- Aqua Tail

Rolodex (Qwilfish) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Spikes
- Scald
- Taunt

Propaganda (Virizion) @ Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Close Combat
- Zen Headbutt

Cosmonaut (Cresselia) (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 132 SpD / 124 Spe
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Thunder Wave
- Moonlight
- Lunar Dance

Catacombs (Steelix) @ Steelixite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 216 HP / 252 Atk / 40 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Roar
I built this team a few hours before this started and it honestly looks solid and I am really enjoying using it at the moment. I started with the idea of using Tyrantrum as a wallbreaker for Pokemon such as Drapion as they both lure in Rhyperior in pretty much like nothing else and can weaken it for each other. Then i added Swords Dance Virizion as an additional measure against Rock-types and Bulky Water-types as well as something that enjoys Doublade being weakened as well as Qwilfish because (Toxic) Spikes are so good it is retarded and it checks/sets up on Fighting-types as well as Alomomola and more. At last i decided to put Cresselia and Steelix to give the team a defensive backbone of sort, a Stealth Rock setter, Paralysis spreader (pretty awesome with dino n_n), Lunar Dance user, whatever you want, and they just fit so I am happy with the result
(IT ALSO CRUSHED THE GLORIOUSLY STRONG RU LADDER IM LIKE 15-0 GET AT ME). It is a bit weak to a well played Mega Steelix though, so be careful.

Last edited:

m1dy (Tyrantrum) @ Lum Berry
Shiny: Yes
Adamant Nature
- Head Smash
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake

Arcanos (Skuntank) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Defog
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Punishment

Gravel (Rhyperior) @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 200 HP / 16 Atk / 248 SpD / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Chivalry (Doublade) @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 140 HP / 252 Atk / 116 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Claw
- Shadow Sneak
- Iron Head

Possum Kingdom (Virizion) @ Leftovers / Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Calm Mind
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Gil(l)ty (Alomomola) @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 120 HP / 136 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Healing Wish / Toxic
- Protect
- Wish

This team was originally made with lighthouses and thecrystalonix. (Thanks guys! n_n) We built a team centered around giving Tyrantrum the ability to either sweep or wallbreak. Skuntank was added to control hazards along with adding a nice ability to trap boosting Psychic-Types such as Cress. Rhyperior was put on to add a strong Physical Wall while also adding hazards to ensure some 2HKOs / OHKOs for Tyrantrum. With two Rock-Types, I added in Doublade to add a nice Fighting-Immunity. It also can be a secondary win-condition if Tyrantrum can't finish everything off while also coupling itself as a nice Spinblocker. Virizion was need because of a lack of a Special Attacker and it's ability to smack around Water-Types such as Mola. Speaking of, Mola was needed to round out the core so I can have a reliable wall I can go to if neither of my walls can take a hit. Healing Wish Mola specifically was made because of how my team can be beat down from turn to turn due to switch ins, so Healing Wish adds an emegency win condition to add one last chance to win battles.

The team does have weaknesses. A good Mega-Steelix user can foil my team up. Durant can give this team nightmares if Mola and Doublade are unhealthy. Cinccino literally 6-0's my team so bad. Srs. Fuckin' squirrel. >:c Other than that, you can mostly play around most of your checks and counters because, of the teams flexibility. Hope you enjoy! n_n

Ares

Fool me...can't get fooled again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Enfilade (Tyrantrum) @ Choice Band
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Head Smash
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Superpower

Quarantined (Drapion) @ Lum Berry
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab
- Aqua Tail

Rolodex (Qwilfish) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Spikes
- Scald
- Taunt

Propaganda (Virizion) @ Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Close Combat
- Zen Headbutt

Cosmonaut (Cresselia) (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 132 SpD / 124 Spe
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Thunder Wave
- Moonlight
- Lunar Dance

Catacombs (Steelix) @ Steelixite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 216 HP / 252 Atk / 40 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Heavy Slam
- Toxic
- Earthquake
I built this team a few hours before this started and it honestly looks solid and I am really enjoying using it at the moment. I started with the idea of using Tyrantrum as a wallbreaker for Pokemon such as Drapion as they both lure in Rhyperior in pretty much like nothing else and can weaken it for each other. Then i added Swords Dance Virizion as an additional measure against Rock-types and Bulky Water-types as well as something that enjoys Doublade being weakened as well as Qwilfish because (Toxic) Spikes are so good it is retarded and it checks/sets up on Fighting-types as well as Alomomola and more. At last i decided to put Cresselia and Steelix to give the team a defensive backbone of sort, a Stealth Rock setter, Paralysis spreader (pretty awesome with dino n_n), Lunar Dance user, whatever you want, and they just fit so I am happy with the result
(IT ALSO CRUSHED THE GLORIOUSLY STRONG RU LADDER IM LIKE 15-0 GET AT ME). It is a bit weak to a well played Mega Steelix though, so be careful.
Yo galbia cool team, been using this on the ladder for a bit and then one thing I noticed right off the bat is that this team struggles a bit with Pokemon who can set up a sub on various members of the team. On top of this you are also running spike stack which can force a lot of switches. The one fix for this that I see is running Roar > Toxic on Mega Lix as you can rack up more damage with hazards as well as being able to force out anything that is trying to set up on you. Also Tyrantrum hits like a truck.

Yo galbia cool team, been using this on the ladder for a bit and then one thing I noticed right off the bat is that this team struggles a bit with Pokemon who can set up a sub on various members of the team. On top of this you are also running spike stack which can force a lot of switches. The one fix for this that I see is running Roar > Toxic on Mega Lix as you can rack up more damage with hazards as well as being able to force out anything that is trying to set up on you. Also Tyrantrum hits like a truck.
Yeah I felt like I lacked a phazer and I already changed toxic for dragon tail but roar is just a much better idea, thank you!

Natural Talent

Don't die trying to live..

Tyrantrum @ Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Head Smash
- Outrage
- Earthquake

Medicham @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Drain Punch
- Baton Pass

Tangrowth @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 128 HP / 252 SpA / 128 Spe
Modest Nature
- Focus Blast
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sleep Powder

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 212 HP / 44 Atk / 252 Def
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Roar

Magneton @ Eviolite
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 140 HP / 244 SpA / 124 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Cresselia (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 128 Def / 124 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Thunder Wave
- Moonlight
- Lunar Dance

I built this team once Tyrantrum was released. I wanted to use a weird rock setter which is golurk seeing as it blocks rapid spin. I wanted a team that would break teams and then hopefully clean up mid or late game with tyrantrum depending on my opponents team build. Tangrowth deals with cobalion and moderately doublade. Cresselia is there to be a glue and can heal up a weakened mon of my choice. Medicham can also clean up if they lost there scarfer. Magneton is a pretty cool mon as it can take on mons like aromatisse and alomomola cores. things that could be a problem with this team is Houndoom and cm slowking if it gets up a decent amount of calm minds up. I like the synergy of this team and in practice it works decent.

Last edited:

Moon

Grossly Incandescent

Tyrantrum @ Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Head Smash
- Earthquake
- Outrage

Mesprit @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Psychic
- Stealth Rock
- Healing Wish

Hitmonlee (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Reckless
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Sucker Punch
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off

Abomasnow @ Abomasite
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Wood Hammer
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard

Druddigon @ Draco Plate
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 228 HP / 252 Atk / 28 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch

Zwei (Doublade) @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Shadow Claw
- Shadow Sneak

There are some nice looking teams here already, but I figured I would submit one to broaden the competition. Basically I tried to make some type of double dragon team. One of my first thoughts was that the cool thing about Tyrantrum is that it allows you to not have to rely on Kabutops as a check to Moltres and Fletch, which opens up an opportunity to use Hitmonlee as an offensive spinner and wallbreaker. I used a DD Tyrantrum after trying rock polish because I found rock polish to be too weak and defensive teams, while DD puts good pressure on both offense and balance/stall. I used Druddigon as the second dragon, (only other one lol) choosing an offensive spread with draco plate. I didn't want to use LO sheer force because I knew I was going to use outrage, pursuit, and sucker punch as three of my moves so sheer force wasn't very beneficial and I didn't want all the recoil. SD Megasnow is probably my favorite mega since it threatens so many teams, and it works well with the 2 dragons having the same checks. I chose colbur berry Mesprit with dazzling gleam as an offensive rocker which worked great for me and healing wish is awesome. I got to smack a lot of Shiftys and Pangoro in the face with gleam. Doublade was added to the team because I found the team weak to fighting and it can set up sweeps nicely with the other members. Hitmonlee is the standard wallbreaker with rapid spin, but I chose to use sucker punch over mach punch to give more reliability against a late game Meloetta or weakened scarfer.

Team worked pretty ok in practice and it wrecks KingT by critting Golurk with psychic.

Edit: Doing some test with a scarfed Tyrantrum since the team is so slow. Seems like it could be worth using.

Last edited:

Ares

Fool me...can't get fooled again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
galbia

Even though you straight up lose to Dugtrio at team preview with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)