Project oras ru research week (week 4: researching xatu, zard, and jynx check post #17)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Death Man

i cant read
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
xatu doing hit 1446 and is 94 on the ladder. 2 laze 2 screenshot just trust me <3

Xatu is cool because it entirely changes how people play. I beat user Scythe. (please dont be mad i said this also im a hax god) with my Xatu team I think? because he was so scared of me just hard switching to Xatu, and I never did. It also has an expansive movepool ft. key moves like Grass knot (giga drain sucks), Heat Wave, U-turn, thunder wave, foul play, etc that can help it 1 v 1 almost any common threat that uses rocks. I used a spread of 160/252/96 (hp/spatk/speed) Modest with a Colbur berry and Psychic/Grass Knot/Heat Wave/roost (I believe this spread, with roost, can PP stall gyro Bronzong) because it gave me the bulk to take on any rocker but Rhyperior and get a hit off, and gave me the power/utility to not be dead weight in other matchups. Outside of Magic Bounce, Xatu sucks a ton. I also found Xatu hard to fit on teams because even with a Colbur it barely checks anything defensively, and it, imo, needs the extra damage Psychic gives over Air Slash/Psyshock which sucks. It also can't really make use of it's cool movepool because of it's lame stats (has cool stuff like Sucker Punch and Drill Peck!)

Jynx is so hard to fit on a team honestly imo. While sub NP (lovely kiss ice beam) is a good set, and scarf is decent, I tried Lovely Kiss + 3 attacks and was legitimately angry at how unreliable it was every match to the point I replaced it (also bad synegry with Xatu!). It's a really unfortunate mon with a very specific niche and I would never use it outside that niche. Because of how strong the tier is, Jynx, at best, checks certain Jellicent sets and some Alomomola defensively which is awful for an offensive mon with so many offense slayers running around.

Didn't use it this week, but Charizard is hot I love DD zard and I know people used teams I passed them but it's like honestly the best ""bad"" mon I can think of. I would never consider it for a teamslot but it does very decently if I build around it, and isn't overwhelmingly difficult to build around, and I never think "Why am I not using X/Y over this?", but not good enough I think "Zard is what would complete this team." I can't see SD zard being good because Flying+Fire is sort of bad coverage, zard is too weak to not use life orb, and Fletchinder exists, and BD zard seems gimmicky at best, obviously. I have a RMT for this mon (self-promo) that I'd recommend trying out if you think it's completely unviable.

Last edited:
Literally the only Reason I had Jynx on my webs team was to 1v1 non-Scarf Flygon. I had it on my rain team because Dry Skin + Ability to bop bulky waters with energy ball + third attacker.

In the end, Jynx was outclassed by Ludicolo on rain and useless on webs. I'm not sure how to describe it outside of the fact that there were always things I'd rather go into unless I really needed to kill Scarf Tryantrum outside of Rain or Flygon outside of rain.

[Didn't do much laddering on alt account so I can't post ELO but I do have a few teams with Jynx so I decided to chime in anyways.]

currently, dd charizard has not been really impressing me at all

so far in all the games, it usually finds it self to be deadweight against the opponent (i have yet to get a successful zard sweep), and i have been relying on the team members to get somewhere. its not good at all, but not as bad as the likes of cinccino or ambipom or w/e e rank exists. the damage it outputs is kinda disappointing except for blaze flare blitz when (and if it gets an attack successful) at that range. its mediocre stats along with rocks weakness makes options like delphox or houndoom much better options for special attackers, so there isnt really a reason to use special charizard (unless ur the guy to run scarf zard in sun). i guess a cool, but not the best option on zard could be dragon claw, just so that when it dds it can kill flygon (speed tie with scarf), and kill ttrum after hazards or w/ a roll. so, typically there are better options out there for a fire type, but charizard is not obscenely bad and stuff, if really needed on a team.

s/o to all falls down for losing to me on ladder too!

is this still a thing ? i suggest you use servine next week, dank mon t b h, plus i have teams from the don itself and would like to see a broken mon in this / next research week.
[19:39:14] sayu: also good teams are servine weak
[19:39:27] sayu: i am 100% sure this is correct 100% of the time

hi! slurmz is having computer issues so im posting here
week #5

musharna ⎮audino (mega) ⎮ servine

more defensively based mons in mushy and audino this week. musharna is able to beat most fighting types, as well as spread thunder wave around to cripple more offensively based teams. audino has many sets as well as coverage which can be used to its advantage with an offensive set as well! servine is the don incarnate and can clean late games with the power of leaf storm, if all the conditions are right​

since this is the suspect ladder, u might want to use these mons after u get ur reqs, but if u do it with then i ll love u + u get the satisfaction of being more real than the other ladderers. also since its on the suspect u may get more skilled players for better results, hopefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)