Gen 6 ORAS UBLT (Ubers Ladder Tour) Cycle 1

Aberforth

is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Ubers Leader
Approved by both Sweep and Fireburn.

The ORAS Ubers Ladder Tour

art by Joryn a while ago.

Traditionally, the ladder has been the subject of (probably unwarranted) ridicule from tour players and mediocre sycophants alike. In fact, the ladder has earned such a stigma that many players avoid altogether, despite the fact that it is the easiest source for battles. As such, the object of this Ladder Tour is to a) improve the Ubers ladder and b) give all you no-lifers something to do when UPL and seasonals are over. (shoutouts ogasian for the intro)

1. Each Cycle lasts for 7 days, with there being 3 2 cycles in total. Enough people have wanted this that I dont anticipate much of a drop off in activity after 2 weeks. Each new cycle requires a new alt, and I will be checking the registration date of the account so as to ensure that nobody tries to cheat.

2. The top 4 8 slots from each cycle will then qualify for playoffs. This means there will be 12 16 slot playoffs, and this will be seeded for Elo, so someone who qualifies with 1800 Elo is seeded higher than someone who qualifies with 1799 Elo. The top 4 seeds do not have to play one round, so there is a definite advantage in continuing to ladder even after you're basically guaranteed to qualify. If you qualify in week 1, you can sign up for week 2 and 3 if you are attempting to get a higher Elo, but you will not count as having qualified for week 3 so I dont need to take huge screenshots of the ladder to refer to 2 weeks after that point. The playoffs are all ORAS Ubers, best of 3 matches.

3. To sign up, just post in the thread with your desired alt. If you get off to a poor start or want to restart for any other reason, simply post again with your new alt.

4. In case, like me, you signed up for one round of the BWLT, the preface you will need to use at the start of your alts will be UBLTX, with X being the ladder cycle number. If you dont have this, I wont look for it.

In deciding who will qualify in each round, I will screenshot the ladder at 11:59:59pm EST on Tuesday each week, meaning you can start laddering for Round 1 in just under 3 hours after this post has started. Do not start early, I will not count it, and the server is run on EST, so I will see that you started too early.

Please remember this is just meant to be a bit of fun, dont get salty. And feel free to share any interesting games in this thread. Good Luck!

Executive decision, tour will now be 2 cycles long, with top 8 qualifying from each cycle. This means 16 players will now be in playoffs, with no rest for the top 4.

This is the result of conversations on PS between multiple users. The weighted playoffs does not change.

Last edited:

Perry

slayer
is a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
UBTL1 Perry
ay

somehow I forgot the password to that account so I will use UBTL1 wtfp

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)