Other ORAS VGC semi trick room

Hi All,
I was hopeing to get some input on my proposed ORAS VGC team (sorry if posted in wrong area, couldnt find an ORAS board). Point of the team is a semi trick room team centralized around Mega Camerupt.
Camerupt @ Cameruptite
Nature: Quiet
EVs: 252 HP 252SPA 4 SPD
Flamethrower
Ancient Power
Earth Power
Protect
In short i chose camerupt because im a big fan of the type combination. I opted for flamethrower over heat wave as i prefer to just take out opponents in 1 blow instead of dealing heavy damage to both. Ancient power is to take out opposing flyers in particular talonflame & Mega Charizard Y.

Cradily @ Wise Glasses
Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP 252SPA 4DEF
Giga Drain
Ancient Power
Earth Power
Protect
Cradilys main job is to protect camerupt from water. Giga drain is to keep him healthy and take out opposing water & Grounds that threaten camerupt, especially any rotom-W. Ancient power is the secondary stab and with the SPA investment & glasses its enough to OHKO Charizard Y. Earth power is there to round off the edge/quake combo. Wise glasses provides a small damage boost without providing any drawbacks, it allows ancient power to guarantee OHKO on mega char y instead of an 87% chance without. Inregards to the SPA investment the main purpose of cradily is to switch in on a predicted water attack, With a storm drain boost & that investment Cradily can do a surprising amount of damage.

Jellicent @ Mental Herb
Water absorb
EVs: 252HP 252SPA 4DEF
Trick Room
Scald
Shadow ball
Ice Beam
Jellicent is my trick room setter. I chose jellicent for his immunity to fake out (cept from Khan), also is able to switch into water attacks aimed at camerupt. Mental herb is to protect against taunts. Scald is the main stab, the burn chance can help out alot. Shadow ball is the reliable secondary stab. Ice beam provides coverage against Dragons.

Conkledurr @ Assault Vest
Guts
EVs: 108HP / 152 ATK / 104 DEF / 144 SPD
Nature: Brave
Drain Punch
Mach Punch
Knock Off
Ice Punch
Im not too sure honestly how well Conkledurr fits on my team. I chose him as i felt like i needed a fighting type to deal with Mega Khan. He also works fairly well in or out of trick room. Drain Punch being the reliable Stab + recovery, mach punch provides useful priority outside of trick room, knock off allows him to hit ghosts and threatening pyschic types, and ice punch allows him to hit flying and take down dragons.
i prefer Guts because i really hate burn and would rather not be crippled by them. im a bit unsure on this as he has no reliable way of getting it without sacrificing the vest and none of the rest of my team really serves as burn bait. I took it off smogon, but it seems good to me.

Talonflame @ Life Orb
Gale Wings
Evs 80HP 252ATK 176SPE
Nature: Adamant
Brave Bird
Flare Blitz
Quick Guard
Protect
Thanks to talonflames priority it can function in and out of trick room. Brave bird & Flare blitz are the obvious stabs providing almost perfect coverage. Quick Guard provides protection against other priority users especially other talonflames. The speed ivs give it just enough speed to block Khans fake out, rest is to go into Attack and HP.

Porygon-Z @ Normal Gem
Adaptability
EVs 4HP 252SPA 252SPE
Nature: Modest
Hyper Beam
Ice Beam
Dark Pulse
Protect
Porygon-Z is remnant from my old team i just couldnt let go. The sheer force of a Normal gem + Adaptaptablity Hyper Beam is enough to OHKO a high priority target, be it Mega Khan, Mega Char, Ammongus and uninvested life Orb Goodra. Ice beam is there so that pory can take out a dragon or such before being a sitting duck from hyper beam. Dark pulse can surprise ghosts that think they are safe from his normal stabs. Normal Gem is chosen for the super power hyper beam, id rather not be locked with choice scarf and unable to use the hyper beam after using ice beam. The speed EVs allow it to out speed Base speed ~80s when out side trick room. When inside trick room, itll be able to out speed Garchomp, Mega Khan etc.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Last edited:
I am no expert ( actually I'm a noob lol ) but i think your team is rather good. It seems to be nice and well balanced. While ancient power is a good move for Mega-Rupt with sheer force ,Stone edge and Rock Tomb would work well as you said you prefer to KO ( for Stone Edge ) and rock tomb could work ( to slow down stuff ). Scald i a great move for Jellicent water spout is also viable for VGC. The only main problem i can see is that Trick Room is up and some thing that resists brave bird is out for Talonflame. ( In my opinion ) it's a pretty good team.

DaAwesomeDude1

waiting for a moment
is a Top Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
DPL Champion
Alright I'm a little late in this but here's my RMT lol. For starters, it's a pretty nice team bro. I've been looking into using Mega Camel myself and i've found that using 252 Sp Atk is a huge waste of EVs (since it doesn't even OHKO mega kanga even with fire blast). I recommend using earth power, fire blast, rock slide, and protect for camel since rock slide is spread move and it's much better than ancient power. The Evs spread i've been experimenting with was 244 HP 76 Sp Atk rest in defense with modest/quiet nature. This spread ensures you survive a fake out + sucker punch from mega kanga (assuming that trick room is up) and survives non CB azumarill's aqua jet. Not to mention the 76 Sp atk is still a 2HKO on mega kanga with fire blast (like max sp atk camel) and it one shots specially defensive amoonguss too with fire blast. As for cradily, i really don't recommend using it even if it protects camel from water. If anything i suggest using rotom wash/ferrothorn since those things work just as well if not better than cradily or replace it with another trick room setter such as aromatisse/gardevoir/cresselia (if cresselia is legal that is). IMO in a trick room team, you need to have more than one trick room setter since only having jellicent makes it super easy to counter and you can switch up your setters based on your opponents pokemon. Talon and Conk looks fine and I understand not being able to let go of a pokemon so Pory Z is fine too :P In conclusion, it's a really nice team bro. Good luck and i hope you get far with it :)!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)