Oricorio (All Styles)

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Oricorio
Fire/Flying
Abilities: Dancer / Dancer / Dancer
HP: 75
Atk: 70
Def: 70
SpAtk: 98
SpDef: 70
Spe: 93

Oricorio (Pom Pom Style)
Electric/Flying

Oricorio (Pa'u Style)
Psychic/Flying

Oricorio (Sensu Style)
Ghost/Flying

Level Up

L1 - Pound
L4 - Growl
L6 - Peck
L10 - Helping Hand
L13 - Air Cutter
L16 - Baton Pass
L20 - Feather Dance
L23 - Double Slap
L26 - Teeter Dance
L30 - Roost
L33 - Captivate
L36 - Air Slash
L40 - Revelation Dance
L43 - Mirror Move
L46 - Agility
L50 - Hurricane

TMs

TM01 - Work Up
TM04 - Calm Mind
TM06 - Toxic
TM10 - Hidden Power
TM12 - Taunt
TM17 - Protect
TM19 - Roost
TM20 - Safeguard
TM21 - Frustration
TM27 - Return
TM32 - Double Team
TM37 - Sandstorm
TM40 - Aerial Ace
TM42 - Facade
TM44 - Rest
TM45 - Attract
TM48 - Round
TM51 - Steel Wing
TM60 - Quash
TM62 - Acrobatics
TM63 - Embargo
TM75 - Swords Dance
TM76 - Fly
TM87 - Swagger
TM88 - Sleep Talk
TM89 - U-turn
TM90 - Substitute
TM100 - Confide
Egg moves

Egg - Pluck
Egg - Tailwind
Egg - Safeguard
Egg - Captivate

New Ability:

Dancer: When another Pokemon uses a dance move, it can use a dance move following it regardless of its Speed.

New Move:

Revelation Dance: The user attacks the target by dancing very hard. The user's type determines the type of this move. 100% accuracy [Normal] 90 BP, Special.

Last edited:
Is there any data in the data mine that suggests it can copy ally Dance moves? Really disappointing move pool for singles, but it honestly does not look too bad for VGC. Guaranteed stab, Tailwind, Helping Hand, Baton Pass, Taunt, U-turn. Guaranteed Hurricane if on a rain team isn't too shabby. Maybe I'm being too optimistic, but it might be able to carve a niche in that format.

Although, realistically the stats are below average. Design wise it's probably my favorite Gen 7 mon so I'll definitely try experimenting with it at least.

Meh in all honesty. Still though, is that signature move locked to just Oricorio? As in, does it only do Normal-type damage if hacked onto something else?

3v3 oricoro set:

full speed/sp a evs, Item: Scarf
Moves:
revelation dance...

x3

BTW, is true that 3v3 is out of the game? it was my favorite format :C

on a more serious note, looks like an interesting pair with volcarona, being able to attack the turn volcarona sets up a quiver dance, and able to replicate volcarona fiery dances, it could snowball fast.

I wonder if dancer activates while protecting, or getting flinched if so it actually could be a very interesting poke in doubles...

Last edited:
It's not looking good when you're outclassed by Chatot in every single way. They are both special based Flying types with a similar stat spread, but Chatot gets better STAB, good coverage, a better boosting move in NP, U-Turn to pivot....Oricorio is bulkier at 75/70/70 vs 76/45/42 bulk, but the difference is like insulating a paper bag with a little extra paper and doesn't make up for any of the other selling points Chatot has over this. Its ability is pretty stupid and useless because any of the good Pokemon that use dancing moves have plenty of better support choices rather than being anchored to something that relies on it boosting. I don't really see much of a reason to use this other than a very gimmicky BP user, of which there are plenty of better choices. In doubles, you should prioritize passing Subs with BP anyways.

Last edited:
Meh Pokes? where? Good concept in having a Poke with multiple secondary types. Weak stats and limited movepool due it no favors. Fun Pokes for NU / PU though.

Snou

the grand master of all the things bad!
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Another unviable mon for the PU tier :[ I was expecting another level from this mon.

I can actually see some gimmicky usage from Pom Pom Style Oricorio in NU, consistently carrying Sleep Talk. As long as your opponent carries a Lilligant or a Vivillion (Pom Pom resists Hurricane from Viv, which is why I specifically said that particular style), you can play around some mind games to get a free Quiver Dance boost and try to sweep with Hurricane, its signature move and some Hidden Power. Idk, if Sliggoo got enough usage I don't see why this thing can't.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Didn't know what I was expecting from Oricorio. Has decent Speed and Special Attack but none that goes over the 100 benchmark, and its other stats are okay. I think its clearly meant to be a Pokemon that's suppose to be used in Doubles alongside a Pokemon with a dancing move. Actually let's take a second to consider the dancing moves:

Quiver Dance: This is going to be the dance you'll mainly want to pair with. If not to use on Oricorio itself than to Baton Pass which it learns via level-up. Ribombee + Oricorio new meta.
Dragon/Swords Dance: Mainly to Baton Pass. Oricorio doesn't have the Physical movepool to consider a niche physical set.
Teeter Dance: This is more to throw Teeter Dance back at your opponent. Only way to work with a partner is if it was a Triple Battle to confuse all your opponent's Pokemon. In other words you'll probably never see this.

Now these dancing moves I don't know if they work with Dancer, but I'll mention them anyway:
Fiery Dance: Especially good with Baile Style, though all can use it and would appreciate the 50% chance of raising its Special Attack even more.
Lunar Dance: A gimmicky set. How I picture it, you'll have two main attackers and use them until tired out. Switch them out for Cresselia and Oricorio and have them use Lunar Dance to completely heal the two main fighters and send them out for round two. You could also have Cresselia and Oricorio do other stuff before kicking the bucket, but remember Oricorio isn't as bulky as Cresselia.
Feather Dance: For that threatening physical attacker.
Petal Dance: Oricorio is weak to Rock in all Styles, Baile Style also doesn't like Water very much.
Rain Dance: WRONG! Rain Dance in Japan is "Rain Prayer"; though even if it was a dance it'll make no sense to have Dancer copy it.
Revelation Dance: If you use two Oricorio does that mean in one turn they'll attack two times each? It's because of this I question if attacking dance moves will count.

And note Oricorio can learn Feather Dance, Teeter Dance, Swords Dance, and of course, Revelation Dance.

Back to Oricorio itself, the only reason to choose one Style over another is for its type match-ups. Are you looking to resist a certain type, having Revelation Dance cover a damaging type, or maybe both? I imagine its because of this the movepool lacks type coverage aside from Flying. Hurricane or Air Slash for Flying-type STAB, Roost to heal, U-turn to retreat, Helping Hand to increase ally's power, Quash maybe to slow an opponent, Taunt, and Baton Pass (it also gets Work Up, Calm Mind, and Substitute). Egg Moves also gives it Tailwind. So overall it can provide a supporter role with a back-up offensive role.

While baile style may gain stab with fiery dance, i think that it super weakness to rockslide combined may be a bad idea, i think electric style to hit water (plus a good defensive typing) or a ghost style to be able to try to hit more common trick roomers harder would be more useful, (couple with a hidden power that can target more prominent rock sliders hard since you will want those guys out of the equation the sooner the sooner the better...)

With lilligant you may want fire style though to hit steels and grass, or electric style to hit flying types, and rock weakness isnt as prominent.

I'm asuming that dance attacks also activate it since it would be a little underwhelming if not...

My biggest question is if the ability activates even under protect, flinch, sleep or other condition that may prevent attacks but still let abilities work, if this is the case, oricoro may be more than a gimmick in doubles...

Really not that shitty. It will certain niches in the lowest tiers. It has a good signature move, hurricane, calm mind, baton pass, tailwind. If its ability activates when it switches that would dope.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)