Tournament Other Metagames Premier League - Week 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monte Cristo

Banned deucer.
User Arhops has created the official OMPL art!:

Welcome to Week 1 of OMPL, where you play OMs for bragging rights basically.

Important Things to Remember

• Good sportsmanship is expected. We have an Unsportsmanlike Conduct infraction for a reason, and we will use it if needed. Semi-aggressive play is fine, but don't go overboard.
  • Use your VM walls to schedule matches. VM activity will be a big factor in deciding activity wins.
  • If you wish to replay a disconnection, you MUST have submitted your team by FORUM PM to Arcticblast before your match. If this is unclear, here is the information from the previous SPL thread:
Ah, the big beefcake. I'm going to go ahead and put this out there: we reserve the right to judge any individual match on a case by case basis, regardless of assumed precedence set. If you don't like that, you are welcome to not play. Be aware of this.

Also, to protect yourself as much as possible from DCs and timer issues, play on Showdown (because it has an at least semi reliable system of rejoining after a DC) and make a gentleman's agreement to not hit timer and not be hour-a-move dicks.

That said, here is the main way we will probably handle DCs / timing out:

To handle all DC cases...you're gonna submit your teams before the match. Oglemi and Aldaron, who are not playing nor affiliated with any team, will manage this team submission form. You don't have to submit, but if you do, you protect yourself from the opponent taking a win.If you do DC (and you can't rejoin the battle) and you haven't submitted your team, your opponent will have the right to take the win. Yes, I'll most likely make a judgment call if he is on his last turn with 1 Pokemon at 5% and paralyzed and with you at 6 100% health Pokemon, because the only way to lose this is to misclick multiple times. However, if you're at 6 100% Pokemon and your opponent is at last Pokemon 10% needing to crit flinch you 6 - 12 times for the win, I'll give him the win if you DC and haven't submitted your team.

I know people like Philip7086 will beg me "to use common sense for a judgment call" for all cases and I would normally agree, but I am giving you all a 100% out by allowing you to submit your team. Basically, submit your team, and protect yourself and your team from any and all DCs. It's a simple procedure that removes almost all subjectivity from a decision regarding a DC. Unlike with the scheduling restrictions, all you have to do is submit the team your are using at anytime before the match takes place, and you'll have 100% protected yourself. Read this rule and understand this now before you join the tournament. Since I'm stating this now, I'm basically going to ignore you if you DC, didn't submit a team, and "had a guaranteed win." Expect it. Also note that I'm going to let the PLAYER (not the team), decide whether he is going to take the win or go another route (replay same moves, replay different teams, etc.).

To further ensure no funny business, if, in the case of a DC replay, there is any concern from either party about funny business, both parties have the right to request a screenshot of the current Pokemon's stats in battle. This is irrelevant for Showdown as you can simply rejoin a battle there, but PO allows you to see the currently out Pokemon's stats if you scroll over it with your mouse. Just hit PrntScrn (windows) while scrolling over it if requested by your opponent, preferably with proof that it is a screenshot of that actual battle (consider including the opponent's request in the battle screen in the screenshot).

Regarding time outs, they are a bit more complex, specifically because some timeouts are due to DCs. The best we can do for this scenario is say that there is some number between 1 minute and 2 minutes (which we will not publicize) that we will set as a limit for timing out, and if you timeout with more than that limit time remaining, we'll assume it is a DC, whereas the opposite is a true timeout. A true timeout defaults to a loss, while the DC timeout is prone to the DC rules (did you submit or not).

• YOU MUST SAVE A REPLAY/LOG OF YOUR MATCH OR IT WILL BE CONSIDERED INVALID. These are fun to watch and can be used for statistics and to chronicle new metagame developments over the course of OMPL, so you should do it anyway!
  • DO NOT 'JOHN' YOUR MATCHES OR THERE WILL BE CONSEQUENCES >:|
And now, the pairings:

Bedroom Blisseys (4) vs Childish Charizards (3)
Balanced Hackmons: Heisenerg vs Kl4ng
STABmons: w0rd vs Kit Kasai
Tier Shift: I wuv you vs PokemonMasterDebater
Almost Any Ability XY: Zewwok vs Monte Cristo
Monotype: z0mOG vs TheAmazingFlavio
1v1: The Immortal vs Arhops
Random Battle: Level 56 vs Seismitoed (sub)

Stupendous Swamperts (2) vs Squirmy Earthwyrms (5)
Balanced Hackmons: Pikachuun vs Asterat
STABmons: Ellipse vs The Reptile
Tier Shift: GlassGlaceon vs Level 51
Almost Any Ability XY: Peef Rimgar vs Enoch.exe
Monotype: Lasagne vs Nani Man
1v1: Blizzardy vs natnew
Random Battle: Rumors vs soviet

Mewtwo Maniacs (6) vs Lively Latis (1)
Balanced Hackmons: LLW Gao Changgong vs MJB
STABmons: AWailofATail vs LightningLuxray
Tier Shift: Waterbomb vs Tomahawk
Almost Any Ability XY: Kumiromi vs Lost Soul
Monotype: Articuno I vs Hollywood
1v1: BPC vs Bean
Random Battle: Audiosurfer vs scorpdestroyer

Deadline is July 21st at 8:12 AM GMT -8.

Good luck to all!

*MANAGERS, IF THERE IS AN ERROR IN YOUR LINEUPS CONTACT ARCTICBLAST IMMEDIATELY*

(thread formatting stolen from UPL/Fireburn, thanks ^_^)

Last edited by a moderator:

EV

Banned deucer.
Shouldn't this "To handle all DC cases...you're gonna submit your teams before the match. Oglemi and Aldaron, who are not playing nor affiliated with any team, will manage this team submission form."
be this
"To handle all DC cases...you're gonna submit your teams before the match. Arcticblast, who is not playing nor affiliated with any team, will manage this team submission form."?
I just want to make sure my team knows who to submit to.

EDIT: nevermind I read the part above.

#goearthwyrms

Qwilphish

when everything you touch turns to gold
LETS GO BLISSEYS

Stupendous Swamperts (3) vs Squirmy Earthwyrms (4)
Random Battl: Rumors vs soviet

Mewtwo Maniacs (1) vs Lively Latis (6)
STABmons:AWailofATail vs LightningLuxray

Last edited:
Stupendous Swamperts (3) vs Squirmy Earthwyrms (4)
Random Battl: Rumors vs soviet

Mewtwo Maniacs (6) vs Lively Latis (1)
Balanced Hackmons: MJB vs LLW Gao Changgong
STABmons: LightningLuxray vs AWailofATail
Tier Shift: Tomohawk vs Waterbomb
Almost Any Ability XY: Lost Soul vs Kumiromi
Monotype: Hollywood vs Articuno I
1v1: Bean vs BPC
Random Battle: scorpdestroyer vs Audiosurfer
You got the team names backwards in the M2M vs Latis matchup.

also I really don't think we will lose that badly

Monte Cristo

Banned deucer.
we already failed guys
sorry I meant july lol, I thought I was missing something ^_^

EDIT: WORST FUCKING 1K EVER, SHOUTOUTS COMING SOON

EDIT 2: To all my followers and friends- this is for you

To my Followers that I don't address specifically-you guys are awesome, don't let people tell you otherwise

aim recent "fren" but still cool, hope you get that TR badge bro

Albacore stall fren

Ajwf stall fren [12:18] <@Ajwf> Dude, every asian maid would be worth banging as long as they aren't overweight...

Halcyon. start bringing things to handle pdef zapdos imo :J

Darnell you're awesome dude, keep on being awesome

Piccolo Daimao Uselesscrab Seismitoad and fellow BH frens, keep on being awesome

ok time to get into some of the more deep ones:

simsims2800 have a good time at camp (yeah not good start to the "deep" ones but he's probably not going to see this due to camp so :<)

Piexplode *shitposting* no srsly. You've been a cool guy for the whole time I've known you, you made the UPL stats and in general have been one of my closest uber frens

Faint and other soul dew strongs- my fellow dews, you guys had been awesome the entire season, and you guys didn't express any anger or anything of the sort after I lost to Ojama in our final week. Thanks so much for letting me have a chance playing on this amazing team.

Arcticblast probably the only one of these guys reading this post without me linking them because you look at OM threads lol. Anyways our IRC ocnvos are so fucking weird, cool, and end up with you going afk after i talk about some new video game or band with a wall of text lol. Sorry to see you quitting soon, anyways keep on being awesome fren, and spread your awesomeness to IRL once you part ways from this community.

The Reptile Leafshield Nollan probably my 3 closest smogon friends, you guys and I have messed around with shit since DuskMod and somehow we've always managed to be in contact no matter our differences and issues, thanks for always being there and being awesome. idk what I would be doing on smogon without DuskMod or you guys

Dusk209 DUDE- my smogon life, no heck MY LIFE, would be different without your contribution to other metagames known as DuskMod, that introduced me to some of my closest smogon friends and made me want to be a better smogon user like you, thus leading to me getting more into OMs, contributing and getting Pre-Con. Thanks bro, It's sad to see your kind of gone now, but you'll always be a pretty cool guy to us original crew of DM people.

Adrian Marin We met and had ilarious and awesome moments, you helped a lot in Kalos 2 just like Dre, Leaf, Asterat and Arhops, people bash on you for being "stall biased" but that's the only bias I could ever have, so keep it up fren, SPU FOR LIFE. "[12:18] <@Ajwf> Dude, every asian maid would be worth banging as long as they aren't overweight..." @ SPU IRC CHANNEL

Arhops hops is life. Anyways you've been a silly and fun user but you;ve also been an amazing artist and have been quite an awesome fren who helped a lot for kalos 2 and who did cool shit. :]

MoxieInfinite you suck, go back to sucking at dpp feg. :]]]]]]]]

asterat wow, I knew we were going to have some pretty hilarious moments from the moment I originally saw your 2009 beiber haircut back in 2013 LOL. anyways keep on being awesome, you've been quite the fun guy to hangout with

I'm not quitting like I said I would because OMPL is that fun, if you said I'm just pussying out, suck my left nut and maybe even the right one

Last edited:
BEDS COME ON!

Bedroom Blisseys (0) vs Childish Charizards (0)
Balanced Hackmons: heisenerg vs Kl4ng
STABmons: w0rd vs Kit Kasai
Tier Shift: I wuv you vs PokemonMasterDebater
Almost Any Ability XY: Zewwok vs Monte Cristo
Monotype: z0mOG vs TheAmazingFlavio
1v1: The Immortal vs Arhops
Random Battle: Level 56 vs -Talent-

6-0 bby o3o

Stupendous Swamperts (0) vs Squirmy Earthwyrms (0)
Random Battle: Rumors vs soviet

Mewtwo Maniacs (1) vs Lively Latis (0)
STABmons: AWailofATail vs LightningLuxray

macrarazy fled!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)