Resource OU Bazaar

To preface I couldn't careless for critiques, not in a jackass kind of way, mostly cause I'm not looking for improvements and I rather make my own improvements when necessary as I normally do through my own play tests.

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Outrage
- Roost
- Dragon Dance

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Rapid Spin

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 76 Atk / 180 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Grass Knot
- Superpower
- Knock Off

Ferrothorn @ Occa Berry
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 152 Def / 104 SpD
Impish Nature
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
- Thunder Wave
- Spikes

Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Extreme Speed
- Iron Tail
- Swords Dance

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 140 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
I posted this team in the research thread for the week of Lucario but I changed Zard-X to Outrage from bludz suggestion through a casual talk which has helped a lot to plow through checks like M-Bro who normally don't care about DClaw. To make the longer story short, the goal of the team is to rack up hazards to have Zard-X or Lucario win end-game, whichever comes first and or is more effective based on the matchup. So people get an idea of how it functions here is a replays.

Showing one practical use of Outrage for this team - Also Torn-I is a dick lol

Sableye-Mega @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 108 Def / 136 SpD / 16 Spe
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Foul Play

Talonflame @ Leftovers
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 28 Atk / 224 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp
- Swords Dance

Slowking @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 36 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Slack Off
- Calm Mind

Tyranitar @ Chople Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Def / 180 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock

Excadrill @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Rush
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Toxic
- Rapid Spin

Serperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
This team isn't that simple to use but I like using for general test games or casual games with pals or players. Most sets are pretty standard in terms of moves, others serve a lure purpose like Toxic Excadrill for the dependency of Rotom-W and Lando-T used as Excadrill switch ins. Has better matchups against most stuff except super heavy stall, the sand match-up is a bit debatable though. M-Sableyes last move depends on preference personally. Kind of not a big fan of Fake Out even if everyone and their mother uses it, while the utility of Foul Play can stop SD Lum Chomp and Char-X from sweeping the team out. Colbur Slowking improves your matchup against stuff like TTar and SD Gliscor.

Test game with Breloommyhomie working on a rate for a team - Good to show what happens if you don't play carefully around balance breakers, hence the first point.

Enjoy.
Out of curiosity, since I've never really seen it before, what is the purpose of occa ferro? To what extent can it allow ferro to take attacks and paralyze something back, and how important is it for the team that you're using it on?

Also since i'm posting, I figured I might as well ask about your other team. How has the experience with max hp serp been? I imagine the added bulk and bigger subs are nice, although the decrease in proportionate leech seed recovery may be evident. I was also wondering how you felt about the power decrease. I was also curious about the drill lacking iron head, I would be very interested to know what your experience has been with that. Also, I was curious if the 28 atk evs on talon hit any specific benchmark.

Nice teams, I can't wait to try them out. ^_^

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Out of curiosity, since I've never really seen it before, what is the purpose of occa ferro? To what extent can it allow ferro to take attacks and paralyze something back, and how important is it for the team that you're using it on?

Also since i'm posting, I figured I might as well ask about your other team. How has the experience with max hp serp been? I imagine the added bulk and bigger subs are nice, although the decrease in proportionate leech seed recovery may be evident. I was also wondering how you felt about the power decrease. I was also curious about the drill lacking iron head, I would be very interested to know what your experience has been with that. Also, I was curious if the 28 atk evs on talon hit any specific benchmark.

Nice teams, I can't wait to try them out. ^_^
HP Fire Latios is the large reason, to an extent Heat Wave Torn-T. These situations of players freely using the move is so common it's kind of a natural reaction to players that Ferro can take advantage of. Other reasons are based on the situational albeit most times not too practical, like if you went more SpDef you can live a Lava Plume from Hp / Speed Heatrans and cripple them as well then lay down a Spike or w/e. On a half unrelated note Resist berry Ferros are really good and I know Bludz has been using a similar set but with Chople in his recent ladder runs.

I run all my Serps with bulk now, actually I have been since SubSeed started gaining prevalence, I think the lack of power is not a concern since the hidden power is always to hit something like a x4 target (HP Fire for Sciz, HP Ground for Tran for example) and the base power of Leaf Storm is already really strong as is and when boosted still hits hard as hell. There is a benchmark for bulk in surviving hits, I think one of them was like 48 HP for Starmies Ice Beam from full. Assuming you're at full as well Latios Draco Meteor won't kill, just to give you an idea. Going full isn't necessary and I might've overkilled here, but for perspective I generally do think going more bulky at least for the Ice Beam Starmie benchmark is worth it.

I use Excadrill with no Iron Head if I feel I have Clefable covered, it's team specific and it depends on what I need Excadrill to do. On that team I needed Lando-T out of the picture in the long run, but not in a manner where I would be taking Rocky Helmet Damage since I need Excadrill to potentially clean offense as well. If you're new I would probably end up not recommending it since chances are if you're new or not familiar with how to play OU, you'll want the ease of Iron Head. I kind of know what to do here in the Clef matchups so it's not a concern. Couple months back I might've used Iron Head over Rock Slide but I think it's important to not have an Excadrill walled by T-Flame and Rotom-W. The more lame reason is I usually don't find myself clicking Iron Head too much these days.

the 28 atk evs on TFlame are somewhat arbitrary that I threw in cause this bulky Starmie lived my Brave Bird at +2 when I would've won had I taken it out lol. That can change to w/e I had it on Speed before.

Again you're free to change w/e, I build teams with my own thinking in mind most times anyways.

Aerodactyl @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Unnerve
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Aerial Ace
- Aqua Tail
- Fire Fang

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Defog

Breloom @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Swords Dance

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Superpower

Garchomp @ Lum Berry
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Swords Dance

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Fire Punch
- Healing Wish

Yo I built this team around Mega Aerodactyl recently for this thread. So I thought might as well post here, no harm in doing so lol. Have fun and enjoy the team :P. Description of the team is included below o: But warning you have quite some reading to do if you're willing xD! Nothing else really to say here other than that I had quite some fun building around Mega Aerodactyl, a mon I do not typically use honestly, it's pretty cool and I hope people use it more often.

Mega Aerodactyl is a pretty cool Pokemon so I decided to build around it. It's a pretty simple build that utilizes Mega Aerodactyl + wallbreakers in the form of LO latios, Breloom, Azumarill. A Stealth Rocker in the form of Lum SD garchomp which carries Stealth Rocks obviously. A potential steel wincon /revenge killer in the form of scarf Jirachi. Can pass a Healing Wish to Mega Aerodactyl where it can clean up afterwards. Pretty simple build really but it works imo, and looks pretty good on paper at least. Well I went with an All-Out-Attacking Mega Aerodactyl variant. Offers some nice coverage to be able to hit some opposing Pokemon, lack of recovery is unfortunate but Scarf Jirachi can Healing wish to it when needed. Stone Edge and Aerial Ace are self-explanatory really, obligatory STAB which helps it abuse them quite easily. Especially considering how Aerial Ace gains a Tough Claws boost. Hits bulky grasses like Amoonguss, Mega Venusaur, Tangrowth and able to hit some offensive fighting types like Keldeo and Mega Lopunny, who otherwise tank a Stone Edge comfortably. But yea like I said this build is an offensive build with it. Which is a nice archetype to use it on as it has a high speed tier as well as a high offensive prowess to effectively utilize. But to emphasize more on the build, Latios is a powerful wallbreaker who can check some offensive electrics for mega aerodactyl, along with some bulky waters too. It is able to Defog Stealth Rocks away, which are pretty annoying for Mega Aerodactyl, especially considering how it lacks Roost on this set. Breloom also helps Mega Aerodactyl with some bulky waters, as well as some fat grounds too. Providing a pretty scary wincon to the team as it can boost and sweep with SD. Spore is useful as it can put a threat to sleep, or force the opponent into a situation where they would need to select something as sleep fodder. If they have methods of counterplay to Spore, then you can gain the opportunity to switch into the appropriate answer by pulling off a double. CB Azumarill is a great cleaner as it has access to priority in the form of Aqua Jet. Being able to punch holes into the opposing team and exerting offensive pressure is nice since Mega Aerodactyl could have an easier time in breaking down the opponent's defensive backbone. Since main threats to it are bulky waters and fat grounds. While azumarill takes care of the latter, and breloom takes care of both potentially. While Garchomp almost finishes the team as it is fulfills the slot of being a Stealth Rocks setter as well as a wincon since it can potentially win with an SD boost. Jirachi rounds off the team as a fairy check, momentum generator, revenge killer and yea all the good stuff. Healing Wish is nice too so that's cool. Team In Use. Pretty cool match against user Zamcuck. I played pretty risky with the Latios in on bisharp play but that somehow managed to work out for me as I take out his bisharp and rocks are gone ;d.
pretty late, but this team has trouble with things like Garchomp, Skarm, and Thundurus. before I got further, you seriously need to run pursuit > aqua tail on mega aero. Pursuit just does so much and traps so much annoying stuff like Latios and Gengar. weakening things for a better endgame is nice too.

latios should run thunderbolt > defog since you don't necessarily need defog support despite mega aero, but the skarmory weakness is much more of a pressing issue. you don't have much to pressure it and it gets up spikes and roosts incredibly easy against 50% of your team.

breloom should be adamant > jolly and fist plate is cool so you can revenge kill weavile without much worry.

azumarill is cool and all, but your stall matchup is pretty unwinnable at this point. with pursuit on mega aero you don't exactly lose much from replacing azumarill since you can trap the latis later in the match. instead try tail glow + rain dance manaphy > azumarill. it gives you another wincon and you can actually beat stall instead of desperately trying to play around every piece of stall the whole match. scald and psychic should be your moves. even if you handle amoong and venu well psychic is just a nice coverage move alongside scald in general (ex. it hits everything scald can't bar ferro) run 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe with a timid nature. wacan berry is something cool to lure in thundurus and other electrics after a tail glow which relives pressure greatly off of latios.

garchomp is fine, but yache is an option over lum. both have their perks.

fire punch is pretty iffy already on Jirachi since it locks you into a move that does literally nothing for this team. heart stamp > fire punch is definitely a step in the right direction. you handle amoong and venu pretty well already which is why I assume you went with fire punch, but heart stamp lets you do something unlike fire punch. ice punch is -ok- but otherwise stamp is the way to go.

that's all! hope this was helpful!

So I built this team around Bulky Volcarona with Firey Dance and Giga Drain + 3 Attacks EQ Latios (with Roost>Defog). Bulky volc is actually amazing at checking physical attackers like Bisharp, Weavile, and choice-locked mons and setting up in their face, and its only real switchin, Heatran, is lured super easy by Latios. Furthermore, Volc can set up on Pursuit-locked Scarftar and, after EQ damage, can KO with Giga Drain after 2 rocks switchins. After that, I added a bulky Toxic Starmie for good hazard control (and a way to break down fatter mons) plus a Helmet LandoT as a Bird/Scarftar check. Next I got Scarf Rachi to help vs Offense and to give me Healing Wish support for Lando or Volc. Finally, seeing that my team was hella weak to Stall, I threw on imo the best wallbreaker in the game, Mega Heracross with Substitute, which can 2KO every stall mon with the right coverage move, as well as basically being able to ignore status with Sub (not to mention basically walling a bunch of offense mons like Weavile and Bish).

Probably the biggest problem the team faces is against pure offense, particularly rain teams or sand if Lando gets worn down. Rotom is also a bitch until I'm ready to sweep with Volc. Also, I've found that Starmie doesn't tend to put in a ton of work beyond spinning.
Volcarona (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flame Body
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 240 HP / 224 Def / 44 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Roost
- Giga Drain
- Fiery Dance

Latios @ Life Orb
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 24 Atk / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Roost
- Earthquake

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 20 SpD / 240 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Toxic

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Ice Punch
- Healing Wish

EVs: 176 HP / 240 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Heracross @ Heracronite
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 152 HP / 252 Atk / 104 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Rock Blast
- Pin Missile
- Substitute

Replay: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-398110547 I keep forgetting to save the ones where either Lati or Hera do their shit

Last edited:

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

So I built this team around Bulky Volcarona with Firey Dance and Giga Drain + 3 Attacks EQ Latios (with Roost>Defog). Bulky volc is actually amazing at checking physical attackers like Bisharp, Weavile, and choice-locked mons and setting up in their face, and its only real switchin, Heatran, is lured super easy by Latios. After that, I added a bulky Toxic Starmie for good hazard control (and a way to break down fatter mons) plus a Helmet LandoT as a Bird/Scarftar check. Next I got Scarf Rachi to help vs Offense and to give me Healing Wish support for Lando or Volc. Finally, seeing that my team was hella weak to Stall, I threw on imo the best wallbreaker in the game, Mega Heracross with Substitute, which can 2KO every stall mon with the right coverage move, as well as basically being able to ignore status with Sub (not to mention basically walling a bunch of offense mons like Weavile and Bish).

Probably the biggest problem the team faces is against pure offense, particularly rain teams or sand if Lando gets worn down. Rotom is also a bitch until I'm ready to sweep with Volc. Also, I've found that Starmie doesn't tend to put in a ton of work beyond spinning.

Replay: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-398110547 I keep forgetting to save the ones where either Lati or Hera do their shit
U need an importable dude

Got another fresh team hot off of testing :o

Double Bunny Bulky Offense:

Jirachi @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 228 SpD / 32 Spe
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Healing Wish

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Thunder Wave

Clefable (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Flamethrower
- Soft-Boiled
- Calm Mind

Latios @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Earthquake
- Roost

Diggersby (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- Quick Attack

Lopunny-Mega (F) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- High Jump Kick
- Quick Attack

Description:

The core idea here was the framework of Lopunny + Rotom-W + stupidly strong balance breaker, which is something that's been used to quite some success on a few noteworthy teams. I've experimented with pretty much every balance breaker I felt could syngergize decently with Lop, and settled on Diggersby because of meme points as well as the fact that it's really easy to pressure Lando/fat Chomp with, opening up Lop's 4th moveslot (Ice Punch isn't as necessary with fat ground pressure). Honestly forgot the specific reasoning for all of the glue 'mons, but Latios is the only Keld s/i capable of breaking to some degree, so it fit well here; Sp. Def Jirachi covers Clef and Diancie well; Bold Clef covers Lopunny and Weavile which would otherwise maul the build happily. This team is the result of a lot of tinkering and tweaking and hopefully holds up over more testing because I've been experimenting with Lopunny bulky offense for about a week straight lol.

Weaknesses include Zard-X (have to rely on T-Wave Rotom and priority to deal with it) and offensive SD Scizor (which is rare but pretty much cleans up nicely). An obvious fix to this would be to replace Jirachi with Heatran, but then I would have an even worse problem in Diancie and Alakazam, as well as the growingly popular Surf Latios.

As per usual, any critiques/suggestions/whatever is appreciated.

zbr

less than 99% acc = never hit
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Got another fresh team hot off of testing :o

Double Bunny Bulky Offense:

nice squadron. i remember using a similar team in the past but with triple bunnies instead. anyway, first off, perhaps eq on lati is much less needed compared to surf and hp fire (more so hp fire in this instance) simply because hp fire helps with the scizor (i'm assuming bulkier ferro variants also give you a run for your money bar fire punching it with diggs) issues and surf actually breaks diancie / trans into two. forgoing roost may be a bit of a pain but it's worth it to go with a more offensive stance since you're already running dual bunnies, no reason to not go balls deep. flamethrower clef is therefore much less needed and you can accommodate by using twave clef (beauty at it's finest).

i honestly don't rly feel comfortable running cb bunny when your only gengar and medicham switch in is to click x. perhaps you can opt for LO AOA diggersby with knock off instead since it's role is more of a break shit or be broken kinda role and threatens shit like ferro with LO knock off + EQ. if you feel that you can play around ghosty without much worries then go ahead and run SD to fuck shit up. dual priority with mlop isn't rly very good this metagame simply because of the omni presence of floaters / defensive switch ins such as lando-t / chomp and when you look at your team and realise that mlop gives both of them a free switch and freely be worn down, it becomes very ehhh at best. i suggest running baton pass on mlop simply because you can pass out to your lati on their fatground switch in and break shit up into two which also works well with volt switch.

you also don't have a lot of answers to bulky water types. my personal suggestion is to run toxic over twave on rotom-w because you need another answer to fat waters / stallesque teams tht dig and lati can't break and lastly, like i keep saying, if you want to play bunnies you gotta go balls deep. why not try running mixed ebelt rachi with tbolt and sr over your current build? it helps provide an answer to those mons and can lure in opposing fatgrounds to be weakened by icy wind. lastly, if you rly wanna go on the offensive, then try running subcm kou or LO mixed thundy-i over rotom. i personally like that because i feel that bunnies need to be fast and strong. relying too much on a defensive back bone gives your opponent a lot more momentum than you think it does on a team like this so you might wanna try going in balls deep.

anyone wanna count how many times i said balls in this post? lol.

anyway tldr here are the changes suggested.
spdef rachi > mixed lurerachi with sr
twave rotomw > toxic rotomw (or change to a more offensive electric type)
flamethrower > twave
eq + roost > surf + hp fire
cb > LO (added change would be SD over fpunch)
quick attack > baton pass

Last edited:
Hey there, just coming back into OU after a few years off competitive, though I have been playing the main series games as they come out. Currently 10-1 (In admittedly low elo) on this team and wanted some advice to see what anyone thinks could improve this team. Its focus is bulky offense with a healthy dose of chip away damage.

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Energy Ball

Excadrill @ Leftovers
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock

Dragonite @ Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 216 HP / 64 Atk / 228 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Extreme Speed
- Fire Punch

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 16 HP / 8 Def / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Taunt
- Focus Blast
- Psyshock

Chansey @ Eviolite
EVs: 8 HP / 252 Def / 248 SpD
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Heal Bell
- Seismic Toss
- Wish

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 92 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog
- Sludge Bomb

My thoughts from playing are that a Leech Seeder would do wonders for the overall team health as battles go on besides unreliable Wish passing, but I don't know who I would replace to put that in. Also considering air balloon on Excadrill to more reliably allow it get a rapid spin off and safely prep for Dragonite in the late game. The core of the team is Amoongus defensively and Gardevoir-Mega for mixed wallbreaking capabilities. Curious to hear others' thoughts on this composition.

Hey there, just coming back into OU after a few years off competitive, though I have been playing the main series games as they come out. Currently 10-1 (In admittedly low elo) on this team and wanted some advice to see what anyone thinks could improve this team. Its focus is bulky offense with a healthy dose of chip away damage.

Manaphy @ Leftovers
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Energy Ball

Excadrill @ Leftovers
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock

Dragonite @ Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 216 HP / 64 Atk / 228 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Extreme Speed
- Fire Punch

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 16 HP / 8 Def / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Taunt
- Focus Blast
- Psyshock

Chansey @ Eviolite
EVs: 8 HP / 252 Def / 248 SpD
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Heal Bell
- Seismic Toss
- Wish

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 92 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog
- Sludge Bomb

My thoughts from playing are that a Leech Seeder would do wonders for the overall team health as battles go on besides unreliable Wish passing, but I don't know who I would replace to put that in. Also considering air balloon on Excadrill to more reliably allow it get a rapid spin off and safely prep for Dragonite in the late game. The core of the team is Amoongus defensively and Gardevoir-Mega for mixed wallbreaking capabilities. Curious to hear others' thoughts on this composition.
Just a really quick question, your Dragonite has the moveset of an offensive Dragon Dance set but the ev's of the bulky Roost set. Is this intentional? Also your Chansey has Wish but neither Protect nor Softboiled, which drastically reduces it's survivability.

Just a really quick question, your Dragonite has the moveset of an offensive Dragon Dance set but the ev's of the bulky Roost set. Is this intentional? Also your Chansey has Wish but neither Protect nor Softboiled, which drastically reduces it's survivability.
Dragonite originally was running a bulky Roost set but I recently swapped in Dragon Dance because it felt like he wasn't having as much as an offensive impact as I would have liked. I liked the survivability that the EV set gave him so I kept it, though I do suppose he gets outsped even with a DD up a decent amount of the time. Chansey was also running Softboiled but I also recently tried swapping for Heal Bell because my team seemed to be falling prey to status a decent amount of the time. I'm internally debating as well whether Excadrill fits his job as a spinner well enough or if I should replace him with a more dedicated wall like Gliscor with Defog.

Ignus

Copying deli meat to hard drive
Been playing around with AV Mamo because it's like the only thing out there that resists Bolt-Beam and isn't weak to fire - making it take like 15-20% from a Mega-Manec flamethrower. On top of this it actually scares off all the ground type physical walls that normally would be paired with them making it super great against volt-turn teams. That said, this team kind of gets shit on by every grass type out there, especially Mega-Venu, so if someone has some suggestions for how to better deal with them It'd be super appreciated ^^

Mamoswine @ Assault Vest
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Spear
- Knock Off

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 168 HP / 252 SpA / 88 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Toxic

Diancie @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 8 Atk / 248 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power
- Protect

Rotom-Wash @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 220 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Trick

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Swords Dance
- Roost

@Ingus hey bro you're asking for help on a team you made without given a reasoning for every member which triggers me lmao ,_,
sorry if I do too much, but I think that these are necessary. I don't know what the team goal is and the team is weak to common OU mons like Clefable.

Icicle Crash > Icicle Spear on Mamo

To be honest I don't see how your matchup vs. grass types is bad when you have Rotom-W to burn them on the switch, Mamoswine, and Talonflame.
I think fast defensive Rotom-W is better so you can get a burn off on Scizor and follow it up with Hydro Pumps or a Volt into something else.

Next you have a Talonflame team without hazard removal. I changed Seismitoad for LO Starmie which can also check Amoonguss and Venusaur.

Magnezone is not a proper Latios/Latias switch-in so I thought Metagross could work better since it is able to trap Latios after taking a Draco.

With the Mega Slot being taken I felt like Diancie could be replace with PhysDef Skarmory which provided rocks and could switch-in to physical attackers such as weavile and bisharp. It could set up hazards and whirlwind which can weaken things for Metagross or Talonflame.

Mamoswine @ Assault Vest
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Spear
- Knock Off

Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Pursuit
- Ice Punch

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Psychic
- Rapid Spin
- Recover

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Whirlwind
- Roost

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Thunder Wave
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Yo if you still need help hit me up

Ignus

Copying deli meat to hard drive
Sorry - I guess I should clear up a lot of my decision making for the team. I guess I'll go member by member so It's more clear exactly what the team is trying to do.

Since AV Mamoswine is what it's based around, first thing first was getting rid of the stuff that defensively switches into it - namely, Steel type physical walls like Skarm and Ferrothorn who don't take much from EQ or Icicle Spear. Magnezone's primary job is to trap that stuff and also scare off clef and slowbro who would normally come in and just spam status at my team - I don't know how many games I've won just using Mamo-Mag practically by themselves.

Next I needed a keldeo check since both AV mamo and Mag lose to it, and I still needed rocks, so I grabbed Seis since a fully physical set works both as a switch-in to most ground types that enjoy playing with Magnezone.
Diancie-M works as hazard control and also works as a scout to find out who is scarfed / what coverage certain mons are running, especially early game. Also works as my primary talonflame/flyspam check.
Still had trouble with some stall teams and CM clef so scarf Rotom is there to help stallbreak, and is running W-o-W to stop the faster fighting types from shitting on my team in a situation where I'm not sure if I can stop them with just talonflame. Scarf also helps it deal with a large number of other stuff like SD excadrill and Mega-Gyara and most one-boost-wonders it normally can't really deal with retroactively.

Talon was next because it just checked all the boxes I had left - works as a late game cleaner and a Serp switch-in and revenge killer for basically everything and just generally pairs really well with Diancie. Basically required once I realized how scary HP fire Venu was to the team.

OK, time to defend some of my decisions because I don't entirely agree with everything you said and I'm an ass who gets off on correcting people on the internet.
~~~~~~~~~~

Diancie might not be direct hazard removal, but the magic bounce mind games are something I've generally found to be enough - it's not that I'm running 0 hazard control on a Talonflame team.

Also, food for thought, but:

252 SpA Life Orb Latios Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Mamoswine: 181-214 (42.6 - 50.4%) -- 1.2% chance to 2HKO
Magnezone isn't supposed to be a lati check - Mamo + Diance is.

The reason for Icicle spear on Mamoswine over Crash is because 1. Missing sucks and 2. Subseed Serp is a thing now and this is the only way to kill it with AV Mamo if Talon dies for whatever reason:
200 SpA Serperior Leaf Storm vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Mamoswine: 186-218 (43.8 - 51.4%) -- 7.4% chance to 2HKO
0 Atk Mamoswine Icicle Spear (3 hits) vs. 56 HP / 0 Def Serperior: 216-258 (70.8 - 84.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
It's also like an 82% chance to survive a +2 leaf storm at full health so it could be worse I guess
AV Mamo is kind of a half measure against like every single SpA cleaner out there which is pretty cool. You actually take around 45% from scarf Keldeo scald so it's kind of surprisingly fat

Also Crash + Shard can still miss the KO on defensive Lando-T AND Tankchomp even if Crash actually hits - so I just decided to cut my losses and just go for Spear instead.

Again, mamo isn't running life orb and 4 grass weaknesses forces talon to be my only real switch-in if Venu/Amon/Serp is running HP fire - that puts a lot of stress on one team member. I'd call that grass weak. Add to this how scary it is if I let rocks get up and suddenly I have a big problem.
Maybe I'll run a BUflame over SD just to make that just slightly better too.

~~~~~~~~~~

Now that I've stopped being a bad person, I can actually listen to some of your advice. I'll try some of your stuff - Maybe like Defog Latios over Starmie to make the Venu counter more direct... Not sure - but thanks for the suggestions! Definitely got me thinking about the team more clearly.

How to Ladder Easily (at least until you get past 1650+)

You know that Azelf HO team you might have spotted on the ladder? Well, this is it, but with my own changes to it. Mainly, I wanted to make this team less weak to sand, which broke the original team. Bulky Colbur Azelf is a set that I borrowed from this post: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/oras-creative-underrated-sets.3575562/#post-6892770 , and so far it has preformed well, better than the Sash set imo. Full explanation listed there. WP Dragonite gets a bad wrap (being weaker to status does blow), but that +2 boost really helps gain a lot of power really fast, making it nice early game to soften up the opp's team, but Band is nice for immediate power, and Lum is nice for status, so take your pick. Standard Pinsir, but I chose Adamant cuz power, but Jolly is fine. Sash Breloom helps with Talonflame and TornT, but if you're confident enough in DNite and Excadrill to check them, LO SD is still great to use. For Manaphy, I've used Salac for a while, but the addition of Sub came from this post: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/oras-creative-underrated-sets.3575562/#post-6896798 , and dodging status is also pretty dope. If you wish, max hp could be used to make your Subs take 2 Seismic tosses from chansey, but max spa / max speed is fine. RD + Splash Plate is if you want more insurance against stall, and Leftovers is still a good item to use. Finally, Scarf Drill provides Rapid Spin, and it can revenge kill TornT, Talonflame, and take out CLef w/o fearing TWave. Team isn't the most creative, but it's still a fun team to use if you wanna climb the ladder mindlessly.

Who needs skill?

How to Ladder Easily (at least until you get past 1650+)

You know that Azelf HO team you might have spotted on the ladder? Well, this is it, but with my own changes to it. Mainly, I wanted to make this team less weak to sand, which broke the original team. Bulky Colbur Azelf is a set that I borrowed from this post: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/oras-creative-underrated-sets.3575562/#post-6892770 , and so far it has preformed well, better than the Sash set imo. Full explanation listed there. WP Dragonite gets a bad wrap (being weaker to status does blow), but that +2 boost really helps gain a lot of power really fast, making it nice early game to soften up the opp's team, but Band is nice for immediate power, and Lum is nice for status, so take your pick. Standard Pinsir, but I chose Adamant cuz power, but Jolly is fine. Sash Breloom helps with Talonflame and TornT, but if you're confident enough in DNite and Excadrill to check them, LO SD is still great to use. For Manaphy, I've used Salac for a while, but the addition of Sub came from this post: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/oras-creative-underrated-sets.3575562/#post-6896798 , and dodging status is also pretty dope. If you wish, max hp could be used to make your Subs take 2 Seismic tosses from chansey, but max spa / max speed is fine. RD + Splash Plate is if you want more insurance against stall, and Leftovers is still a good item to use. Finally, Scarf Drill provides Rapid Spin, and it can revenge kill TornT, Talonflame, and take out CLef w/o fearing TWave. Team isn't the most creative, but it's still a fun team to use if you wanna climb the ladder mindlessly.

Who needs skill?
Where's the importable, fam?

Posho

local gaymer weeb
is a Tiering Contributoris the Smogon Tour Season 23 Championis a Past SCL Champion

This is basically a balanced team composed by my cm spam core manaphy and clefable which both work excellently as they cover each other walling their common counters, sdef excadrill which is the rocker of the team and also supports talonflame by using rapid spin, exca basically takes on stuff like lati@s, some fairies like klefki and clefable and also since it has mold breaker it can go through mega sab's magic bounce and guarantee the rocks on the opponent's field, tang helps a lot against u-turn users since this team isn't that strong and I can't afford giving my opp a lot of momentum, so that's why i'm running the rocky helmet set, I can take on Land-t, sharp, excadrill, ttar, etc. Talonflame helps a lot against some knock off users that hurt a lot the team such as bisharp and also takes on powerful sweepers such as mega gardevoir, in order to do that i'm running no item and also a physically defensive spread with some sdef to still take on zardy, and lastly we've got mega latias which I think is currently one of the greatest glues in the tier, it gives us a good zardy, keldeo, mega manectric and manaphy check and it annoys a lot since it is so difficult to take it down, I'm running rtype since running 2 tw is gay and it helps a lot against pursuiters like cb tar which is getting so damn popular lately.

plop http://hastebin.com/dumuxoqije.md

Last edited:
I've been running some stupid Lansat pass teams, and to my surprise, I've had way more success than I expected, particularly with receivers not named Kingdra. The following core is what I've been building around and I'd like some feedback around what the rest of the team composition might look like. I've typically included suicide hazards, Clef and something to deal with Talon. Don't be so quick to dismiss this as a gimmick. I think this core highlights the fact that, despite all the current restrictions on BP, anything short of naked baton passes are uncompetitive.

Volcanion blows away pretty much the entire meta when it has the crit boost. You can use overheat without fear of stat drops, and superpower will 2HKO Chansey all the time. It also acts as a defensive switch in to many of the things that scare out latios and scolipede. Usually you wont even need the lansat boost. If you can get +2 speed you're going to do some damage.

Latios hits everything that Volcanion doesn't, so together they are a real pain to stop. With Lansat, you basically just spam draco until they switch in Clefable and then you 2HKO Clefable with psyshock. You could probably drop surf and use roost here, but I like being able to immediately threaten TTar.

Scolipede is just a boring subPass set that has poison jab to revenge mega Diancie and do something if it gets taunted.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-400478052

Volcanion @ Scope Lens
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpA
Rash Nature
- Superpower
- Steam Eruption
- Sludge Bomb
- Overheat / Fire Blast

Latios (M) @ Scope Lens
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Ice Beam / HP fire
- Surf
- Psyshock

Scolipede @ Lansat Berry
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- Substitute
- Baton Pass
- Poison Jab

Last edited:

Heracross @ Heracronite
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 144 HP / 212 Atk / 152 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Close Combat
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Electric]

EVs: 248 HP / 28 Atk / 216 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt
- Defog

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Flash Cannon
- Taunt
- Toxic

This is literally just Mega Heracross + 5 good/glue mons, so it's a pretty solid team. It's a pivot-based bulky offense, with Mega Heracross being the main breaker and no win condition in mind, and usually the things to win you the game are either going to be Heracross or Keldeo. Heracross is standard in terms of moveset, went with Sub over Swords Dance because Heracross hits hard as hell regardless. Sub is great so you're not Spored by Amoonguss or burned by Rotom-W or whatever. EV spread and nature allow Heracross to 2HKO standard Clefable with Rock Blast basically 100% of the time (it's 99.6...lol). The Speed EVs are to outspeed max speed Jolly Tyranitar before mega evolving and outspeed defensive Landorus-T and Rotom-W after going mega.

Next I added Scarf Keldeo. Was going to be Specs at first (with Scarf Tyranitar > Rotom), but after making the rest of the team with LO Latios and a stallbreaker Heatran, I didn't need it and wanted the extra speed instead, which turned out to be a good choice. It came handy in so many games, revenge killing stuff like Mega Lopunny and Scarf Excadrill and Thundurus late game, and cleaning up a bunch of times. Moveset is standard, so I'll move on.

Next came defensive Landorus-T to provide a reliable Stealth Rock setter. I didn't even get up rocks in a bunch of games because it wasn't really needed, and I preferred its pivoting potential instead. Swords Dance here because I don't want stuff like Mega Scizor and Clefable setting up on me, and they can get annoying if they do. No idea why I went with that EV spread. I read somewhere that 8 speed EV Lando is a thing, so I guess I just put a bit more than anything that tries to speed creep that. Rest is kind of standard I suppose, just put the remaining EVs in attack.

Then came Rotom-W. Originally was going to be Scarf Tar but if I did that the team lost to Superpower Tornadus-T, Starmie, and Azumarill and Rotom gives counterplay to all of them. Nothing much else to say, it's pretty obvious why I chose it (bird check). After that, I had nothing for Keldeo, and hazard removal would've been nice for the team, so I added Latios. I had a free slot, and thought that I should use Thunderbolt to have a better match-up vs Skarmory and Azumarill, so it was nice. HP Fire and Surf/Earthquake are also options there. Finally, I wanted something else that could put in some work vs stall, and I needed a Lati/Fairy switch-in, so nothing was better than stallbreaker Heatran. Max speed Timid because Mega Scizor could be a problem, and Flash Cannon is nice to have something that can hit Fairies hard.

Team's biggest weakness is probably hax. I think I hit my first Magma Storm in like the 6th or 7th game I played, and I missed a crucial Draco. Other than that, Mega Diancie is a big threat since it 2HKOs like everything, but Heatran, Rotom, and Lando can all live a hit and Keldeo can always revenge kill. Azumarill and offensive Starmie are still threats as well, as well as Surf/EQ Latios and Mega Medicham (lol of course). One replay where plays > hax: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-401075067 (not sure how you can misclick a switch when there's only 1 other pokemon left on the team........)

To preface, I welcome any and all critiques, from a minor tweak suggestion to ripping the team apart. Really trying to get my teambuilding down so don't hold back if you've got something to comment on here. ^^

Mana-Lop + Spikes Bulky Offense:

Heatran (F) @ Chople Berry
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 16 SpD / 244 Spe
Timid Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Skarmory (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Spikes

Clefable (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Thunder Wave
- Soft-Boiled
- Calm Mind

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Roost

Manaphy @ Leftovers
EVs: 96 HP / 252 SpA / 160 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Energy Ball
- Tail Glow

Lopunny-Mega (F) @ Lopunnite
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch

Central idea here was just Ice Punch Lop + Spikes, since most things on offense are like 25-30% away from Lop KO range and can thus be relatively easily whittled into range via hazards. Kinda realized that my previous framework of Lop + Rotom-W + fat grounds-pressuring balance breaker inevitably was going to have nasty holes in it regardless of how I reworked it, so I more or less gave up on that archetype of builds, lol. Heatran's there to deal with Talon and non-EQ Zard-X, as well as provide rocks. Helps deal with Scizor a bit more consistently, and also has the neat duality of providing hazard support and being able to break apart defensive cores with Taunt + Toxic, which is the main reason I chose Heatran over a bulky ground here. Bold Clef helps vs. M-Lop (which Sp. Def Skarm cannot handle---HJK 2HKOs after rocks) and hip metagame trendmaster Medicham, which otherwise annihilates bulky offense/balance insanely easily. Lati is the HP Fire + EQ variant to help support Clef, the primary wincon, as well as deal with elecs to some extent. Manaphy was the last addition, as the team lacked any proper wallbreaking/balance breaking as well as a water type, so it felt somewhat obvious.

Again, anything from nitpicking to tearing apart the team is appreciated. Thanks in advance :v

Here's a replay showing the team in action (vs. Infernal).

Last edited:

thought i'd dump this here. pretty fun.

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Fake Out
- Baton Pass

Skarmory @ Leftovers
EVs: 232 HP / 252 SpD / 24 Spe
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Whirlwind
- Iron Head
- Roost

Garchomp @ Life Orb
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake

Rotom-Wash @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Thunder Wave
- Will-O-Wisp

Nidoking @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam
- Sludge Wave

Whimsicott @ Choice Specs
Ability: Prankster
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Moonblast
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Fire] / Switcheroo

basic premise is to weaken checks and counters to mega lopunny, pretty standard. the way through which this team achieves this, primarily, is baton pass, which i believe to be the best filler option on mega lopunny. checks to lopunny such as clefable, hippowdon, skarmory, slowbro, landorus-t, and the like, are beaten down by the combination of nidoking, whimsicott, and mixed garchomp. in combination with the aforementioned synergies, skarmory provides support for the team, acting as a fairy check and spike setter, both of which, mainly the latter, are greatly appreciated by mega lopunny. rotom gives a necessary life orb broken-t check, as well as a way of capitalising fully on bulky waters which like to switch in on lopunny via volt switch.

mega scizor is a problem. click x.
mega medi is a problem, don't let whimsi get weakened and hope it's the not the bad set (bp). otherwise, click x.
keldeo is an issue, hope to either whittle with spikes into range of fake out+hjk/return, or hope you're facing a rock who'll leave in their keld vs whimsicott.
mega manectric. just give up all hope. hit that x as quickly as possible.
fuck weavile.

i suppose chople twave ferro over skarmory could remedy some of the problems and fit the (slightly) more offensive nature of the team than skarmory does, but i just really felt like using stack+phase when i built this. could probably go into greater depth with how the whole bpass+uturn+volt switch into garchomp and nido works so well but i cba rn, is late, and those who can understand how relations between checks/counters and momentum grabbing in conjunction with hazards will be able to tell. maybe tomorrow, idk.

any criticism is welcome, do what you will with this. thanks

Last edited:

zbr

less than 99% acc = never hit
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
why does everyone now have names that comes in two words and both are uncapitalised? o_o maybe i should change my name to mummys licks or uncles smack. anyway, tigers jaw you can opt to run fwg mana to ease your msciz and keldeo problem since you already have things to deal with the common lando/chomp stuff. specs whimsi is fire as fuck which is why i think you need to play agressively on this team to overwrite the mane / medi problems.

daddy's kisses mlop spikes offense is p cool and standard. eq hp fire deals with shit like tran and msciz but do you rly have an issue with tran that requires you to run eq over surf? twave clef literally has the capability of stopping tran in it's tracks and you do realise that without psychic stab shit like mvenu rolls over your team (despite it being uncommon). not sure how to solve this tho, you can opt for perhaps an aoa variant or opt out of hp fire since mana alr has the msciz / ferro side covered? :O just some suggestions tho loll (provided you opt to run hp fire on mana instead)

swampert.png politoed.png ferrothorn.png tornadus-therian.png latios.png clefable.png This is a Mega Swampert Rain Team that I´ve been using the last few days. Mega Swampert is a pretty cool Pokémon with very nice overall bulk, a massive attack stat, and acces to Swift Swim that makes it a great late game sweeper under the Rain, plus it´s incredible typing allows Mega Swampert to counter all Electric Types in the tier barring Rotom-W, as it fears a burn, plus it can´t really do much to it in return, and Thundurus-I or Thundurus-T if they pack Grass Knot. Focus Punch is a pretty fun and unique move to use with Mega Swampert (thanks to Miguel a.k.a Mega Mogwai for the idea https://www.youtube.com/user/MegaaMogwai). A lot of you may be thinking why running it when you have options such as Low Kick or Superpower, or even Power-Up Punch. There are 2 reasons: First, it´s glorious to catch incoming Ferrothorns on the switch, thinking they can counter Mega Swampert, just to take a super effective 150 base power move in the face, which will leave them so low that you will be able to knock them out the following turn with an Earthquake. It also deals significant damage to Rotom-W. And second, but no less important, Focus Punch prevents Skarmory from roosting up on Mega Swampert, as it has a priority of -3, which means that Mega Swampert will hit them after they Roost, as they will lose their Flying Type making them vulnerable to Fighting Type moves, and just like Ferrothorn, it deals massive damage to Skarmory that will allow Mega Swampert to take it out with a following Waterfall. To help Mega Swampert sweep opposing teams, I needed a Rain Setter, and as the only one available in the OU tier, Politoed was my choice. I went with a SpdDef set so that Politoed can take special hits much comfortably, to help me deal with stuff like Gengar, Clefable, Slowbro, etc. Haze is an interesting choice in it´s 4th moveslot, as it prevents Politoed from being setup bait, and it can stop other setup sweepers that already booster their stats. Life Orb Tornadus-T was my 3rd member, as it´s a staple on most Rain teams and for a good reason. This gave me a much needed check to Grass Types, the biggest threaths to any Rain team, plus it can fire 100% accurate Hurricanes under the Rain. It also provided me with Taunt and Knock Off support, which is always appreciated. Heat Wave was my last move of choice to help Mega Swampert break through mainly Ferrothorn, and also check Mega Scizor which is a big threath to Rain teams. My 4th pick was another staple on Rain teams, Ferrothorn, which provided me with Spikes support, and a much needed check to opposing Water Types and Fairy Types that the team didn´t appreciate. It also synergizes perfectly with Mega Swampert, as I´m running Shed Shell on it, so that Ferrothorn doesn´t get trapped by Magnezone, which will allow Mega Swampert to get a free switch-in on Magnezone and mega evolve safely. The last 2 members of the team are Latios and Clefable. I chose them because I was lacking Stealth Rock and Defog support, the later while isn´t that important on offensive teams always comes in handy when needed. They also gave me a Dragon-Fairy-Steel core together with Ferrothorn, and last but not least Thunder Wave support, as well as checks to the likes of Mega Sableye, Keldeo, Terrakion, Mega Lopunny, etc.

Suggestions are welcome.

Swampert-Mega (M) @ Swampertite
Ability: Torrent
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Focus Punch

Politoed (M) @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Haze
- Toxic

Tornadus-Therian @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- Knock Off
- Taunt

Ferrothorn (M) @ Shed Shell
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
- Spikes

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Defog

Clefable (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)