OU Beta Team 1 Gen 6

I am new to this site and want to learn everything about this site. I have been playing pokemon for years and nothing is more fun than breeding your own team and battling. Anyway I want to test my team building skills so I would like someone to rate my team. I use Pokemon Showdown to create and test pokemon before I breed them. Also I use this team in Pokemon Y so don't suggest more than 1 of the same item. Here is my team from Showdown.

Ghost (Greninja) @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 224 Atk / 32 SAtk / 252 Spd / 24 atk / 232 SAtk
Naive Nature
- Shadow Sneak Ice Beam
- U-turn
- Taunt
- Hydro Pump

This is probably a horrible set. I should make it more of a special attacker. Edit: Greninja is my scouter. I mainly use him as my pivot and to scout out set-up sweepers. Taunt over dark pulse to stop Smeargle (except when they use magic coat).

Closed Eyes (Torkoal) @ Leftovers
Ability: White Smoke
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SAtk
Relaxed Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Fire Blast
- Will-O-Wisp
- Stone Edge

Torkoal in OU sounds outrageous because it is outclassed by every other pokemon RU and above however I found it pretty useful this gen. Torkoal is my spinner and my fire support. He is able to check talonflame, ferrothorn, trevenant, skarmary, Aegislash( not sure for the mix set) , Breloom (watch for spore), and others. I just wish his's HA was regenerator.

MarchOfTheTripods (Slowking) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 136 SAtk / 120 SDef
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam

Slowking and Gliscor are my walls. Their types greatly benefit each other. When i first saw Assault Vest, I thought this was an ok item. The 1st time I saw it being used was with Goodra so I thought what other pokemon could benefit with AV. Slowking is pretty good with it. The combination on AV and Regenerator was like they were meant for each other. Scald for burn and stab, Psyshock for stab and to hit special walls, Fire Blast to hit Ferrothorn, and Ice Beam because why not. I calc'd my Slowking so that mega-gengar (timid) 3HKOs with shadow ball while Slowking OHKO back with Psyshock.

Meaningless (Gliscor) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Atk / 144 Def
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Ice Fang
- Swords Dance Stone Edge

One of my favorite pokemon and defensive wall. EQ and roost are standard moves. I don't like the sub/toxic set for Gliscor because it is slow and boring. Ice Fang is my choice because it hits other Gliscors, hurts Garchomp and physical Dragonite for good damage. Swords Dance is a filler and I'm not sure whether to drop it for Stone Edge (Tallonflame) or Fire Fang (Scarmary). I probably go for Stone Edge. Edit: I dropped swords dance for stone edge to check talonflame and charizard x.

Transcend (Mawile) (F) @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Substitute

My favorite pokemon of all time. I was so happy that it got a mega evolution and a beast ability. The addition of fairy type made it so much better. Steel/Fairy imo is now the best defensive type in the game. Swords Dance to boost attack to phenomenal levels (If I calc'd it right it's 339 *2(huge power) = 678 *2(swords dance) = 1356 atk) in one turn. Play Rough for stab, Sucker Punch for priority, and Substitute for the switch or obvious non-attacking move to avoid Sucker Punch.

Tattoos (Breloom) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
Level: 50
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Spore
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Rock Tomb

I am still testing Breloom. The first 3 moves are standard for the technician build. I use Rock Tomb to OHKO Tallonflame when at full HP w/ Sash. If Rock Tomb stops being useful, Swords Dance will fill slot 4.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)