Project OU Community Create a Team | COMPLETED (see p. 22, post #545)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jirachi

we need rocks & fairy check and I don't want something that eats momentum.

other good candidates are klefki and thundy. please not metagross tho... we don't need pursuit lmao

Nedor

thiccc
the voting period is now over! the scores between a few of the suggestions were extremely close this round.

scores:
----------

life orb tornadus-therian - 0
specially defensive jirachi - 4 votes
taunt + wisp talonflame - 4 votes
offensive tspikes dragalge - 0 votes
sd life orb regular scizor - 0 votes
assault vest metagross - 3 votes
standard spikes klefki - 7 votes
pursuit bisharp - 0 votes
standard defensive ferrothorn - 0 votes
np + thunder wave thundurus - 1 vote
life orb + taunt gengar - 0 votes
------------

klefki has been chosen for the next member of the team with 7 votes! the team is current mega blastoise / life orb kyu-b / klefki.

Landorus-Therian @ Soft Sand
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Offensive SR user that checks Flyings, Excadrill and Zard X while setting up Rocks.

Other options I can see are a more defensive or set-up oriented Lando-T, or pivot or SD Gliscor. Maybe even Hippo but that sucks momentum...

EDIT: I got rekt

Last edited:
forgot to make this post yesterday because i was studying, but we are now going to enter the workshop segment of this process.

to clarify how this will work, Nedor and i will host a workshop where we review and discuss the team so far in the ou workshop room on PS!. not only will we discuss what we have so far, but we'll also talk about other routes we could've taken with the build, strengths and weaknesses of the build so far, and what the build needs moving forward. also, we might make changes and refinements to the build if necessary.

with past iterations of this project, the team would end up looking poorly thrown together due to factors like people just voting on their favorite pokemon. also, nobody really learned much from the process. the workshop segments were added to fix both of these issues; we can make sure we're building a solid team, and we can teach more inexperienced builders!

the workshop will be this saturday, 12/19. the time we'll host it at is still TBD; i'll post in the thread when we have the time. also, the next submission period will be announced after the workshop, so wait until then to submit stuff n_n

Last edited:
some points from the workshop:
  • having klefki on the build really limits us to a slower, bulky offensive build that is too reliant on speed control. going with a more balanced build with SpD skarmory or ferrothorn (with chople berry for gengar) as our bulky steel would open up our options a bit moving forward.
  • we almost definitely need a bulky ground type SR user moving forward. something like landorus-t or hippowdon could really help patch up some holes in the team against things like birds, offensive fire types, offensive ground types, etc..
  • we have a good spinner and a breaker that appreciates hazard support, so hazard stack balance can be extremely effective here.
  • gengar and serperior are annoying. there are other things ofc, but these two came up a lot. gengar can be dealt with by running SpD skarmory > klefki, and serp can be dealt with later on (like the 5th pokemon or so).
  • electrics might be problematic later on, but if we were to go with a more balanced approach with hippowdon, we'd be able to easily manage electrics (between hippo + kyu-b w/ roost).
throughout the workshop, the vast majority of people believed a balanced hazard stack build with SpD skarmory > klefki would be the most optimal to go, including Nedor, myself, and virtually all the OU workshop staff that helped. because of this, we are going to be replacing klefki with skarmory. if this decision isn't really favorable, we'll discuss and re-evaluate it during the second (and final) workshop that will be held once we have all 6 members of the team.

as mentioned in the brief summary of the workshop, a bulky ground (specifically hippowdon) definitely seems like a good way to go with slot #4. personally, i agree with this, but i'm not gonna interfere too much other than posting the thoughts thrown around during the workshop to keep this from being "m00ns and nedor build a team ft. rob.".

thanks to everyone who helped with running this workshop, and thanks to everyone who participated!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

submission period #4 begins now. you guys have between now and 12/26 to submit pokemon for slot #4.

LightningLuxray post counts as a submission for round #4, so don't post offensive rocks lando-t. however, you can post other variants of lando-t~

edit: for those that disagree with decisions made during the workshop, please keep in mind that there will be another workshop when the team is "done" where we'll go more in-depth; skarmory could be changed then...

Last edited:
Alright im gonna submit this:

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Thunder Wave
- Soft-Boiled

Pretty much clefable acts as a form of speed control. Considering how this is looking kinda balanced now clef just seemed like a solid option. With t-wave and rocks to go with blastoise's spinning capabilities hazard stack sounded pretty nice. The reason why t-wave clef in general is nice is because mega blastoise and kyurem-black are generally really slow so being able to cripple things for them is really helpful. Rocks also helps take advantage of all the switches kyurem-black naturally forces out which is really nice. On top of that Thundurus with focus blast/superpower looked really threatening to what we have so far and clefable is a solid check to thundy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)