Mamoswine @ Focus Sash
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Endeavor
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard

Good ol' Lead Mamo: such a nightmare against most other leads, even more so when combined with Bulkyrus and Bulkydos. Only Infernape and Conkeldurr have given me problems after setting up. Basic routine is set up Stealth Rock and bring down as many pokes as possible with Endeavor, Ice Shard and Earthquake.

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Trait: Moxie
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 88 HP / 248 Atk / 4 Def / 168 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Earthquake

The first Dragon, and I can't tell you how many teams I've set up on and ran through with him. Taunt over Substitute to cripple defensive leads like Ferrothorn, Perish Song Politoad, Skarmory, and Forretress, as well as to prevent tech shenanigans in general. Only problem I'm having with him is that Bounce is telegraphed so much that it makes mind games difficult . . . thankfully Stealth Rock support helps out a lot there. EDIT: Quake over Bounce for better mindgame availability.

Scizor (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance
- SuperPower
- Bug Bite

Revenge killer, and a gosh-darn good one at that. Got a dragon using Draco Meteor or Outrage? Time to bring out Scizor and either outrace and (hopefully) overpower them or set up. Bug Bite is amazing after a Swords Dance: omnoming on slower tanks and walls is truly satisfying. Makes an excellent complement to Metagross, as even the bulkiest Pokemon fall quickly to boosted SuperPower and Bug Bite.

Volcarona @ Leftovers
Trait: Flame Body
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Def / 240 HP / 16 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Roost
- Quiver Dance
- Giga Drain
- Fiery Dance

The second dragon (er . . . well, call it a Jabberwocky I guess), and in the few games I've tested with it, it is an absolute house against everything but Rain Teams. Giga Drain over Bug Buzz for tanking potential and better coverage against Water and Rock (though Heatran still makes this set cry).

Gengar @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Disable
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball

Spin-blocker, and an interesting one at that. As far as I know, only Starmie can really threaten it: everything else risks allowing a setup via substitute then disabling their only useful attack (Gyro Ball or Ice Shard most likely). Fighting+Ghost is great coverage all-around.

Metagross @ Life Orb
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 12 HP / 252 Atk / 244 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Agility
- Earthquake
- ThunderPunch
- Ice Punch

What once a redundant wallbreaker has now become the ultimate counter sweeper. After just one Agility, Metagross outruns even Scarf-Terrakion, allowing him to come in on faster, squishier pokemon, setup, then either force a switch or obliterate them. BoltBeam coverage over GroundPound coverage bc, well, Hammer arm kinda sucks with Agility, and it's nice to have answers to +1 Dancers.

Current Rating on PS with this Team: 1700 OU Current. Not great, but not bad either.

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hi there.

Your team, while featuring some pretty fast and potent threats, is weak to exactly the same things. For example, Gengar variants with HP fire threatens your whole team on the switch, as does a LO Starmie as it can essentially sweep your whole team with a layer of Stealth Rock up, or even better -- if rain is up. Simply spam Hydro Pump and most of your team is severely weakened. There's Alakazam as well, whose use of Sash will guarantee at least one kill on this team, because your Scizor will die to an HP Fire when Alakazam survives with a Sash, and Gyarados is 2HKOed by Psychic. Rotom, a slower threat, is also pretty annoying to this team as the Will-O-Wisp set can wreck havoc among your team members with no clear switch in. The team needs some sort of bulky pivot -- a backbone, if you will. Your team seems to be a form of hyper offense in which you have to sacrifice sweepers in order to bring sweepers in, but it still doesn't seem that optimal at the moment, and you could really benefit off of adding some much needed defense despite being heavily offensive.

Support Jirachi in particular is a good option because it is a solid response to Alakazam, provides Wish and Paralysis support, and makes a great switch in to nearly everything your team is having a little trouble with. Paralysis support really works well with pokemon with average speed such as Haxorus and Gyarados and allows them to pick more Pokemon off without having to take a hit and Dragon Dance. It's also not like Jirachi is a complete stopper to your offense either, because Iron Head flinching really stacks up, especially coming off STAB and 100 base attack. You could probably choose to get rid of Infernape, as it isn't completely necessary for your team to do well because you have enough sweepers to beat most defensive cores in the metagame anyway.

Try running Lum berry on Haxorus. Status completely destroys Haxorus, and the last thing you need is an untimely Scald burn to mess your sweep up. You can also set up on Will-O-Wisp users and kill them off as necessary, and with Outrage you can choose to forgo either Taunt or Dual Chop for more power without worrying about any confusion setbacks. This will help you against switching in on Rotoms, who are very annoying to deal with otherwise.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Careful 252 HP/232 SpD/20 Spe
Iron Head/Body Slam/Wish/U-turn

Good luck with your team, hope I helped. =)

Hmm ... just noticed a theme with the threats: all are specially offensive. In that case I'm wondering if Tyranitar would work as well? Not that its most optimal but I dont like Jirachi

Notes (to be added to OP after work)
-Tried Jirachi over Infernape: worked as far as I could tell, but I want to punch a baby whenever I see paraflinchax, so I dropped it.
-Tried Tyranitar over Jirachi: did not work out at all, no matter what build. It's really a shame T-Tar couldn't have had a higher speed stat or Rock Polish would have worked better.
-Tried Sharpedo over Tyranitar: worked against non-scarfed Ghosts and Psychics, but lacked significant muscle to bring down bulkier threats, forcing a switch.
-Tried Vaporeon over Sharpedo: meh is all I can say. I hate to say this, but Jirachi worked so much better for me as a WishPasser.
-Tried Metagross with Agility over Vaporeon: You may be wondering what makes Metagross better than Tyranitar? For starters, +2 Jolly 252 Spe Gross actually outruns a lot of threats that once threatened my entire team (Scarf-Terrakion being the fastest outran). Not to mention his defensive typing makes his bulk more useful than Tyranitars.

Further Notes (to be added to OP after posting)
-Tried Volcarona over Haxorus: Holy crap . . . I hate to say it, but adding Volcarona made a huge difference in how well I was able to combat certain threats.
-Tried Earthquake over Bounce on Gyarados: Works better afaik, especially since it isn't as telegraphed and less susceptible to Thunder.
-Tried SuperPower over Pursuit on Scizor: Proven to work better: Scizor is better off SDing on a switch than trapping (especially with SR support), and it takes care of some troublesome Steel types like Magnezone, Scizor, and Heatran.

And for the time being, last set of notes (already added to OP)
-Tried Earthquake over Zen Headbutt on Metagross: Well, I hate to say it, but Metagross can't sweep. If he's able to sweep, then my opponent is likely to be swept by more potent threats in my team. But he is a great revenge killer alongside Scizor, able to take on key threats with relative ease with Agility and the right type coverage. Thus, dropping STAB for a better compliment to BoltBeamPunchies.

Actually, you might want to switch out Taunt for Substitute. Substitute on the switch can guarantee a Dragon Dance, while Taunt can't.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)