OU Hyper Offensive

Status
Not open for further replies.
First team, Really offensive, my goal is to obliterate my opponent before turn 15 =x. I've had quite a bit of success with this team and will post some replays but I feel I struggle against certain threats and would really appreciate any insight that anyone can give me.

Espeon
move 1: Reflect
move 2: Light Screen
move 3: Baton Pass / Hidden Power Fire
move 4: Psyshock
ability: Magic Bounce
item: Light Clay
evs: 252 HP / 4 SpAtk / 252 Spe
nature: Timid

Espeon's my lead/dual screen set up. I was leading with a spikes set greninja and it wasn't working out for me, I would get especially messed up if I would lead with greninja into any fighting type pokemon, and this started to do better for me. This set seems self explanatory, dual screens with psyshock for type coverage against any surprise fighting types that might lead.

Greninja
Focus Sash/Choice Scarf
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power Fire
I've had Focus sash on him for a while but it's starting to seem to me like choice scarf might be the way to go, Ice beam to cover dragons, surf for fire, hidden power fire OHKOs any ferrothorn or forretress that might get thrown my way, and dark pulse for psychic's and ghost.

Alakazam @ Focus Sash
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Energy Ball
- Psychic
I'm doing some experimenting with this set having both psyshock and psychic on my Alakazam to have him as a wall breaker. Goodra opened my eyes to Psyshock and with it I can get a guranteed 3HKO and a lucky 2HKO with crit. This is my revenge killer.

Gengar@Choice Scarf
Nature: Timid/Modest
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Speed/252 SpA/4 HP
-Shadow Ball
-Icy Wind
-Sludge Wave
-Thunderbolt

Super agressive Gengar set, he's not my main special sweeper, he's my spinblocker and just so happens to have amazing typer coverage and is my anti-fairy mon with sludgewave giving a STAB and 2X damage. Icy-wind is there for priority and thunderbolt is for water coverage.

Garchomp@Choice Band
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Ability: Rough Skin
Nature: Jolly
-Earthquake
-Dragon claw
-Fire Fang
-Poison Jab

Physical sweeper set with earthquake and takes advantage of my speed EVS, I haven't tried it yet but i would like to get some opinions on whether I should make his choice band a Choice Scarf instead.

Lucario @ Lucarionite
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 HP / 252 Spd
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Vacuum Punch
- Ice Punch
- Swords Dance

The core of my team and my Mega-mon. I had bullet punch for priority over Vacuum Punch but it seems as if Vacuum has been working much better for me. Close Combat is amazing and swords dance gives me an incredible boost off predicted switch ins.

This team again is meant to just be an all out offensive with as little support possible. I've noticed that I struggle against aegislash (but that could just be because I don't know how to handle him as a threat), and definitely choice scarf greninja. I could just be playing the matchups incorrectly but I unfortunately don't have access to my replays at the moment. I have been thinking of making lucario my revenge killer and giving the mega status to my alakazam, but I'm not sure and would like some input. Thanks in advance to anyone who replies with criticism as it is all welcome =].
Edit: After reading the post I realize that Gengar isn't a spinblocker since I have No entry hazard support either way =x.

Last edited:
Firstly, there's no such move as 'Dragon Fang' it's an item. Do you mean Dragon claw ? If so, it might be worth switching to outrage if you don't mind being locked in, it's certainly more appropriate as a later game cleaner. Your teams already very fast so I'd advice choice band on Garchomp, max investment with speed EV's and a Jolly nature will see him outspeed all base 100's anyway.

Secondly, I have visions of s scarf Genesect destroying your entire team. Only two pokemon outspeed it, Gengar can't do very much to it at all and will take chunks from whatever Genesect throws at it, leaving Greninja as your only hope. It can't safely switch in due to fear of U-Turn, so you would have to hope Scarf + HP fire was a surprise enough for them to stay in. If Greninja is gone then Genesect could OKHO Alakazam & Espeon with U-turn, Ice beam destroys chomp and Lucario will get hammered by Flamethrower (And can't OKHO in return). I'm not sure with respects to damage on Gengar, I'm guessing Ice beam or Flamethrower would be 2HKO's.

I'd advise swapping either Alakazam or Espeon for Heatran. Having two psychic stypes leaves you pretty vulnerable and both are very frail, Heatran answers Genesect comfortably, giving your some real fire power (pun intended) against steal types and a little defensive sturdiness should you need it. A choice set could be good but I wouldn't advise 3 choices sets on 1 team, maybe a standard LO set would do the trick. I personally have never been keen on screening with Ultra offence, I prefer to get straight into it and try and gain as much early momentum as I can. If you do ditch Espeon, it might be worth swapping Alakazam also for something more lead suitable, unless you run a more lead based Heatran set with rocks.

It's been a while since I played properly (maybe 6 months ago in GenV) and I've only just gotten into 6th gen, so forgive me for any lapses and the lack of damage calcs.

Seeing as how you got espeon to set up dual screens, why not put in a setup sweeper in your team? Since you don't have any fire coverage outside of greninja, volcarona is something I have used in the past, and it's offensive quiver dance works very well,
Just something to consider

Your team looks heavily weak to Tallonflame, Volcarona, and Genesect. I would replace Espeon with specially defensive Heatran. For Heatran, I suggest running Stealth Rock, Lava Plume, Ancientpower/ HP Rock for Tallonflame, and Volcarona, and Roar. Greninja is better off with a life orb and replace Poison Jab with Stone Edge on Garchomp. Stone Edge hits harder on Togekiss. Lastly, you have nothing on your team except Garchomp to deal with Mold Breaker Escadrill. I suggest dropping Alakazam with Landorus-Thearian. Lando will add momentum and scare off Escadrill. Run U-Turn, EQ, Stone Edge, and Stealth Rock.

Seeing as how you don't need a spinblocker,
Gengr could be replaced by volcarona, you would need a spinner though, which could replace alakazam(as greninja is your revenge killer and alakazam really is not much of a revenge killer anyway, however ,as greninja is so fast you could replace scarf for specs for some extra power)

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hello.
Your descriptions are too short to fit the RMT rules requirements.
I encourage you to PM me an updated version of this team with beefed up descriptions, and since you're new, to join the Mentor Program. I'll be unlocking this thread after that.

Have a nice day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)