OU Leaning Offensive

Hey guys this is my second RMT, and thanks to another user (I think) I have found and read the rules and hopefully this one will be less, wrong. Anyway this team is one of the only kinds I know how to make, balanced but leaning offensive, two walls, two sweepers and aggresive utility and offensive lead, without further ado the team.

At a glance: Garchomp, Gengar, Heatran, Gyarados, Gliscor, Ferrothorn.

Closer Look:

Garchomp
Role: Lead
Trait: Rough Skin
Nature: Jolly
EV Spread: 4 HP 252 Attack 252 Speed
Item: Focus Sash
Moveset: Stealth Rock Earthquake
Outrage Dragon Claw
My lead Garchomp, I've always had a soft spot for powerful suicide leads, I used to run Infernape with a simalar set, but since rain has taken over the metagame, that's not exactly the best choice. Stealth rock is self explanitory, along with the sash to almost guarantee one turn on the field, which almost guarantees rocks for the whole game if my opponent lacks a spinner, and if they do I have Gengar. Anyway earthquake as the STAB move of choice, outrage for a suicide rush if need be. Dragon Claw as a secondary stab.

Gengar
Role: Special Sweeper
Trait: Levitate
Nature: Timid
EV Spread: 4 Hp 252 Sp A 252 Spe
Item: Life Orb
Moveset: Shadow Ball Thunderbolt
Giga Drain Substitute
Special Sweeper, can't say I love this thing, but it gets the job done. Shadow ball is obligatory on almost all gengars, thunderbolt is a solid coverage option, hitting the many water types in ou super effectivly, giga drain may seem a little odd on gengar, but it can surprise things like gastrodon as well as recovering health lost from life orb and sub, substitute is there because it can fake a sub/disable set as well as protects from status/OHKO's.

Heatran
Role: Offensive tank/ Utility
Trait: Flash Fire
Nature: Modest
EV Spread 252 HP 252 Sp A 4 Spe
Item: Leftovers
Moveset: Fire Blast Dragon Pulse
Hidden Power: Grass Will-O-Wisp
Tank, and if you guys haven't picked it up yet, I hate rain, and weather in general for that matter. But Heatran hates rain to which is why I was reluctant to put him on, but I decided the bulk and the fire/water/grass core would be worth it. He's there to cripple physical foes and hit hard, and the bulk doesn't hurt either, my only beef with the tran, other than rain, is the lackluster speed, but it makes up for it in other ways. Fire blast is my stab move of choice for the power, although it almost lost the place to magma storm for tran to be a weather trapper, anyway, dragon pulse for near perfect coverage with fire blast, hidden power grass for ground and water types, and will-o-wisp to cripple physical threats.

Gyarados
Role: Physical Sweeper
Trait: Moxie
Nature: Adamant
EV Spread: 4 HP 252 Attack 252 Spe
Moveset: Waterfall Dragon Dance
Earthquake Substitute
Gyarados, I love Gyarados, this thing has won me so many games, it's just plain funny. Waterfall is reliable and powerful, especially with the flinch chance. Dragon Dance is awesome, Set up once or twice and you've won the game, substitute is there because Gyarados hates status, in all forms, finnaly Eq. It might seem weird, "It doesn't hit grass types" True but otherwise, name a more reliable coverage move, I didn't want to use stone edge simply because of its inaccuracy, bounce is a two turn move, Eq just seemed the most desirable option, besides, it's plenty powerful after you set up.

Gliscor
Role: Physical Wall
Trait: Poison Heal
Nature: Impish
Ev Spread: 252 HP 180 Defence 72 Spe
Item: Toxic Orb
Moveset: Earthquake Substitute
Protect Roost
My physical wall, running the "annoyer" set (thank you smogon) Earthquake is obvious, Protect to get the heal up, substitute to protect from status and the infamous sub, protect, sub protect. The last move was a tough decision, do I carry ice fang, for those who are immune to Eq, or roost as reliable recovery, I chose roost, just because it adds to Gliscor's bulk and stalling is his job.

Ferrothorn
Role: Special Wall
Trait: Iron Barbs
Nature: Careful
EV Spread: 252 HP 252 Sp D 4 Defense
Moveset: Power Whip Protect
Leech Seed Spikes
I feel bad about using Ferrothorn, but it's a solid poke that pairs well with heatran, so what the hey? Power Whip for and offensive move, and protect to gain recovery. Leech Seed to drain, and spikes as extra hazards. Note about ferrothorn, they attack physically they get the barbs, specially and they do nothing, not an accident. Only problem with thorn is that it lacks any real offensive threat, and a lot of things can comfortably switch in. But his stupid bulk wins him over for me.

That's the Team, constructive criticism is very welcome, comment please, and will someone please tell me how to put pictures on this thing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)