ORAS OU OU Mega Gardevoir and Azumarill offensive

Hi guys, I made this team as a change of pace from my last one. It's basically meant to come in and absolutely demolish the opponent through hitting hard.

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 24 Def / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Taunt
- Focus Blast

The main wallbreaker of the team. Modest hyper voice 2hkos most switch ins, even with a resist. It outright ohkos Bisharp as well. Psyshock is for Chansey, while taunt shuts down mons that might come in to stall out my team. Focus blast is for Ferrothorn and Heatran. Modest is run since base 100 isn't as crucial of a speed tier to reach any more, at least imo.

Azumarill (F) @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Superpower
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet

My team's answer to Lando-T and frail mons in general. Banded waterfall 2hkos most Scizor sets, and outright ohkos most frail pokemon. Superpower was run over knock off as it allows me to nail Ferrothorns on the switch and it still hits Chansey hard. Play Rough is my obligatory secondary STAB, nailing dragons and dark types. Finally, Aqua Jet is decent priority that enables me to clean up teams after dishing out enough prior damage.

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Punch

My main setup sweeper. Dragon Claw is run over Outrage due to the abundance of fairies. Espeed is the best priority move in the game, while fire punch hits Ferrothorn hard, and I have Excadrill for Heatran.

Thundurus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Taunt

An iffy member of my team. While he's supposed to check faster pokemon with priority T-waves, he feels far too frail for the job. I am seriously considering replacing him, especially since HP Ice fails to check scarf Lando-T and a couple other pokemon in the tier. Taunt is run because a second deterrent to hazards and setup is always nice.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 144 SpD / 116 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Taunt

My rocks setter. Once again, taunt is for opposing Heatrans (which the speed EVs enable me to typically outspeed), EP is for going against other Heatrans, Lava Plume is STAB and has a nice burn chance. This usually serves as my bird spam check, among others.

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide

My team's revenge killer. It 2hkos Mega Lopunny with EQ, Rapid Spin provides hazard control, Iron Head hits Clefable very hard, and Rock Slide offers coverage against Zard Y and Talonflame. An excellent revenge killer and spinner.

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 24 Def / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Taunt
- Focus Blast

Azumarill (F) @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Superpower
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Ability: Multiscale
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Punch

Thundurus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Taunt

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 144 SpD / 116 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Taunt

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide

1. Thundurus feels far too frail for its role, and I already feel like I have too many taunters.
  2. Lack of flying STAB means that certain pokemon can come in an wreck my entire team.
  3. Mega Lopunny

Feel free to criticize/tell me how to improve.

Alkov

plopping
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hey there really cool team featuring
. I've been using it a lot lately and it's really a forgotten threat :] I do have some suggestions so as to help improve the team.
  • Firstly, I do realize that your spread for
    is just 252Atk and 252Speed, however I would like to recommend just running 252Atk, 84Speed and the remaining EVs into HP. This way it allows you to outspeed
    and 2HKO it
    regardless if it's the defensive variant or the mixed ones. However you can also run 164Speed EVs so as to speed creep
    and 2HKO
    it with Waterfall after some prior damage along with Stealth Rocks.

• Secondly, I notice that a
    poses a really huge threat to your team
    as you have no switch ins for a Knock Off followed up by an Iron Head/Sucker Punch. Instead, I would definitely recommend switching out
    for a
    . Not only will
    help to check
    , it also provides your team with an Electric type resist other than
    while still providing Stealth Rock utility. Also, with the replacement, you are able to replace
    's ability to Sand Rush so as to help you better check things like
    that can Dragon Dance in the face of most of your team member.
    Hippowdon (F) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Sand Stream
    EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
    Impish Nature
    - Stealth Rock
    - Earthquake
    - Slack Off
    - Toxic/Stone Edge

• Lastly, with the changes made, your team might become a little weak to annoying things like
    that can provide Volt-Switch momentum while still pressuring your team with a Will-O-Wisp. As mentioned in your post, you felt that
    was sort of out of place for the team so instead I would like to recommend
    . Not only does it help counter Rotom-W by absorbing status or Hydro Pump, it is also able to help provide your team with a safer
    switch-in
    especially since right now,
    is your only switch-in and it risks getting burnt every time it comes in. While covering several weakness for the team,
    is also able to spread Thunder Wave to help cripple your opponent like Thundurus or it can run moves like U-turn or Baton Pass to help grab momentum for your team.

That's all I have and I hope it helps n_n

AD impish john

Consumed by Darkness...
Cool team you have there, your team could use some changes though.

Major

It can wall most of your team and switching into Excadrill isn't safe as it can Hydro Pump or Will-O-Wisp you.
As in your list of concerns you said "Thundurus feels far too frail for its role, and I already feel like I have too many taunters". I'm going to suggest Tornadus-Therian as with Assualt Vest it can safely switch in threatening it with its Spammable STAB Hurricane. Mega Gardevoir and Tornadus-T work well together as Tornadus gets rid of some of the faster threats.
The team seems to have an annoyance with Rotom-W so Breloom can be a counter/check to it. It would replace Dragonite as I don't see much use in it. I'm going to suggest Swords Dance over Rock Tomb to do some major damage to the opponents team, you have Heatran to check Bird Spam. Also with its Mach Punch it can do some major damage to Mega Lopunny which you said is a threat to your team, or go for a Spore making them vulnerable. Breloom also gets rid of your Bisharp weakness like Alkov said.

Minor
I think Heatran should be the Taunt user as it is Standard on Heatran's Sp Def moveset, and it stops slower mons from setting up.
You should only have 1 user, so I would replace Taunt with Will-O-Wisp. I'm going to also suggest Will-O-Wisp on Gardevoir as I have found this helpful at times, giving gardevoir Will-O-Wisp lets it able to burn slower mons that can serve a threat to your team. I hoped I helped, have a nice day ^_^
I would run this EV Spread EVs: 164 HP / 252 Atk / 92 Spe this allows you to outspeed Clefable letting you to 2HKO it.

Tornadus-Therian @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 132 HP / 160 SpA / 216 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hurricane
- Heatwave
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Breloom @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Swords Dance

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)