Other OU Player of the Week #2: McMeghan

Status
Not open for further replies.
[21:40] <&Rewer> McMeghan if you were to change a pkmn mechanic
[21:40] <&Rewer> what would it be?

bonus:

do you have any pets? favourite animal? cutest animal?

favourite tv show and/or anime? (dancing with the stars yn)

would you rather go a week without bathing, but be able to change your clothes, or a week without changing your clothes but able to bathe?

favourite youtuber? (not necessarily a pokemon youtuber)

most underrated moveset in xy ou right now?

biggest improved person in pokemon you've seen?

lets say you are a coach of a football team, would you pick the cool guy with talent or the average guy with hard work?

if you discover that your wonderfoul four months old child is because of a mix up at the hospital, would you want to exchange the child to correct the mistake? do you think kokoloko would've done the same, considering all of his hard work as a dedicated father?

McMeghan

Dreamcatcher
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the 5th Smogon Classic Winneris the Smogon Tour Season 14 Championis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Big Chungus Winner
I will be on vacation next weekend, so I won't be able to participate in the last week of Tour, which happens to be DPP, which happens to be the tier where I accumulate most of my points. I won't be able to make the Playoffs if I don't play. Can I please give you my login and password and have you ghost for me?
Wish I could my love :heart:
Just one question:

If you are up 6x2 in a XY OU match for a tour finals, and your opponent is left with a 1% HP Latias poisoned and a burned Scizor with 1% HP, and you miss a Rock Slide with your Scarf Landorus-T (which was locked in this move), the opponent Healing Wish the Scizor with Latias, mega evolve, gets +2, crits something and sweep, how mad would you be from 0 to 10? Would you offend your opponent? Would you wish you had Bloo's luck?
I would switch out Landorus-T to something that doesn't let a 100% Scizor set-up. If it's not an option and I end up losing, I'd be 5-6 mad, you know Rock Slide might miss before you even click it.
You're know for being a very precise player and for making few mistakes. Do you have a specific checklist you go through mentally when deciding on the best move for a given situation?
Not really, it once again depends on the situation. Do I need this Pokemon for later? Do my opponent need his? If I know he's gonna do that move for sure, is there a way to take an advantage from it? Those are the kind of questions I ask myself before deciding what I will do. When I'm in a close situation, I spend a lot more time putting myself in my opponent's situation.
What's your favorite new mega Pokemon released in ORAS?

Also, what are your top 10 favorite Pokemon in general? (Or top 5 if you don't have that long a list... my list goes down to like 40 so idk how long other people's list is)
There are so many... I like Gallade a lot competitive and design wise. I think Lopunny has some cool potential for the future, but I might be wrong there, it's not that strong...

Charizard, Articuno, Zapdos, Milotic, Lilligant, Noivern, Ho-oh, Mew are all part of my very favorites.
Are there any tips you can give for players that struggle with decision making?

How do you go about choosing moves and weighing risk/reward throughout your battles?
Think through your moves on the long-term. Examine the situation from your opponent's perspective. If you do these two steps for every turns, there is a good chance your decision-making will get better. Also, always think about your gameplan and adapt it as the game takes place.
What was ur most salty defeat between: 1)the 6-0 Zephir inflicted you in 2013 Wcup when benelux absolutely needed the win and was counting on you to get it and 2) ur lost in Gran Slam 2012 playoffs vs me after beating me in 3 different opens (of which u won 2 of them) ?
Or More generally, which defeat had the worst taste in all ur pokemon carrer
Between these two? Losing to you.
Losing in semifinal of OST 9 versus Snunch without being able to even put up a fight due to team match-up.
why is nelson such an insufferable douchebag?
I wish I knew, he's quite the annoyance sometimes.
why does bkc always harras ppl everywhere on smogon with his shitty metal music no one gives a shit about?
See above.
[21:40] <&Rewer> McMeghan if you were to change a pkmn mechanic
[21:40] <&Rewer> what would it be?

bonus:

do you have any pets? favourite animal? cutest animal?

favourite tv show and/or anime? (dancing with the stars yn)

would you rather go a week without bathing, but be able to change your clothes, or a week without changing your clothes but able to bathe?

favourite youtuber? (not necessarily a pokemon youtuber)

most underrated moveset in xy ou right now?

biggest improved person in pokemon you've seen?

lets say you are a coach of a football team, would you pick the cool guy with talent or the average guy with hard work?

if you discover that your wonderfoul four months old child is because of a mix up at the hospital, would you want to exchange the child to correct the mistake? do you think kokoloko would've done the same, considering all of his hard work as a dedicated father?
I'd love to see how would the metagame be without the Special split that happened after the first generation, even if it's not a mechanic per say. In that regard, Crystal_'s articles for The Smog are a must-read.

I have a bunch of cats. I accomodated one years ago, then a second one. The second one was a female and gave us three kittens before she died, since then, they kept mating around and there are now 7 cats hanging around my house, but only the Original One has the privilege to stay inside. Whenever I've been asked the "favorite animal" question, never an answer spontaneously came to mind, so I guess I don't have any...

I'm a huge casual when it comes down to TV Show and Anime. My favorite TV Show thus far would be TBBT and only for the first two seasons (keep in mind I only watched TBBT and HIMYM). Favorite anime would probably be Code Geass and if I'd have to advice some lesser known ones, it'd be Kaiji and Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou (once again, I haven't watched a ton of anime, I'm more of a reader than a watcher).

Hard question, depends if I can change the underwears or not... If yes, I'd go without changing my clothes, if not, I think it'd be the same answer, I hate not feeling shower-clean.

Here are some of my favorites:
https://www.youtube.com/user/azoazotube
https://www.youtube.com/user/ERB
https://www.youtube.com/user/GoddessMaria
https://www.youtube.com/user/LinksDarkArrows
https://www.youtube.com/user/mugg1991
https://www.youtube.com/user/NoVeKitchenAndBar
https://www.youtube.com/user/FromTheFarLands
https://www.youtube.com/user/UsurperKingZant
Others are french youtubers/streamers.

Most of the stuff I use isn't really underrated. I think Taunt Heatran should see more usage, it's an absolute beast. Mega Kazam is also wonderful and should be used more, it completly breaks Offense in half and can even dismantle Balance. It can also pose a threat to Stall depending on your last slot (CM is totally viable). Oh, and Cobalion rules, it has such a great niche for Offense as a check to Bisharp and Clefable while being able to play the Volturn strat, set up SR and/or Taunt to prevent recovery.

Hmm, Reymedy turned out to be a good player and friend after being one of the biggest troll-bait I've seen. I guess BKC came a long way from being a ladder alt stealer to a metalhead likewhore and from a shaddy scooter to a great friend and player I respect a lot ;] Don't really have someone else in mind, and I realize these answers aren't really "crisp".

Well, when I played Football Manager, I'd use the talented one... Depends a lot on the context, but in a professionnal setting, results are very important and if the talented asshole has a good teamwork too, I'll pick him.

Honestly, I'd just ask myself "What would my good friend and UU tier Führer kokoloko do in that situation?", then I'd do the exact same thing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)