[OU RMT] Calamity Trigger!

What did you think of the formatting in general?

• Nice, real easy on the eyes.

Votes: 112 72.7%
  • Terrible. Jesus Christ, why did you subject me to that mess?

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Meh, not terrible, not the greatest either.

Votes: 31 20.1%

• Total voters
how can you 'build around a pokemon'? Sorry if i sound stupid, thanks.

Well, basically, choose one Pokemon. Could be something like Salamence, Breloom, Suicune, Gyarados, ect, ect. There are even some Pokemon from the Underused Tier that are completely viable in Overused, supposing you build your team around them.

Next step, after choosing the Pokemon that you want to use as the center, look at its counters. What exactly stops the set cold? Now start picking Pokemon that counter those counters.

Really, building a team relies on how you play. I'm a hyper-offensive player, constantly attacking and applying pressure on my opponent, while using less seen sets to surprise my opponent and throw them off guard.

There are some great team building guides on the homepage of Smogon. I'd suggest checking those out, as well as reading some of the threads on Stark Mountain. That's how I got started (with some trial and error of course).

Do you not have any problems with a Protect/wish vaporeon with ice beam and surf? It OHKOs Mence and Heatran and can wall the rest of your pokes out can't it?

Do you not have any problems with a Protect/wish vaporeon with ice beam and surf? It OHKOs Mence and Heatran and can wall the rest of your pokes out can't it?
If it's carrying Protect/Wish/Ice Beam/Surf, Jirachi can take care of it. Surf isn't even managing a 3HKO against Jirachi, meaning I can just Wish off the damage, and Paralyze it with Body Slam. From there, Starmie can take over.

Hey TSP,

Nice team! Just want to start off by saying good job on completing a team that takes nice advantage of Salamence's power. I don't have a lot to add since everything looks in place.

The idea of using LO Starmie isn't horrible since ScarfStarm does lack power, but if you do I suggest changing Jirachi's set to the CM Wish Set. This will provide a situational check to DDGyara (your fear), and won't be setup fodder against Skarm who walls your primary sweeper. Also, don't use Rapid Spin on Starmie since with LO it's just plain dumb imo, just use Recover. Next, I suggest using a Shuca Berry on Heatran to fake a choice item and have an easier time exploding on Blissey. To say this will also be useful when facing a Salamence thinking it will DD up and sweep. Now three of your pokemon hit hard & one shuts down Salamence's counters. Everything else looks good!

Hope this helps and gl with your team!

P.S. Btw Sorry for the late rate.

Hey TSP,

Nice team! Just want to start off by saying good job on completing a team that takes nice advantage of Salamence's power. I don't have a lot to add since everything looks in place.

The idea of using LO Starmie isn't horrible since ScarfStarm does lack power, but if you do I suggest changing Jirachi's set to the CM Wish Set. This will provide a situational check to DDGyara (your fear), and won't be setup fodder against Skarm who walls your primary sweeper. Also, don't use Rapid Spin on Starmie since with LO it's just plain dumb imo, just use Recover. Next, I suggest using a Shuca Berry on Heatran to fake a choice item and have an easier time exploding on Blissey. To say this will also be useful when facing a Salamence thinking it will DD up and sweep. Now three of your pokemon hit hard & one shuts down Salamence's counters. Everything else looks good!

Hope this helps and gl with your team!

P.S. Btw Sorry for the late rate.
No problem on the late rate (lol rhymes). I'm just glad you rated it before the Suspect testing was over (I've got a feeling this team will become...unusable by the end of the testing, if you catch my drift).

True, Choice Scarf Tyranitar does lack a lot of power (can't even OHKO bulky Rotom-A with Crunch), but it does OHKO Starmie with either Crunch or Pursuit, and it out-speeds Starmie by three points. There's a chance that Starmie can OHKO it with Hydro Pump, but not only do I have to get maximum damage output, but Stealth Rock has to be up (the latter isn't that hard to do). I definitely try out Recover though, and change the Choice Scarf to a Life Orb.

Yeah, Wish Calm Mind Jirachi was actually something I've been looking into as of late, since I felt like Jirachi really wasn't doing much before. I mean, it would take some attacks, provide Paralyze support (which my team enjoys, but doesn't necessarily need), and Wish support, but half the time, it would just sit there like a lump. Wish Calm Mind Jirachi would actually help my team out much more than my current Defensive Wish Jirachi, since it can actually do something against Gyarados (other than Body Slam and pray for Paralysis).

I'll test out Shuca Berry, since Explosion is crippling Blissey either way, and Salamence is OHKO'd by Explosion 100% of the time, should Stealth Rock be up, and tricking them into thinking it's a ShucaTran is always fun.

Thanks for the rate, ENZ0. Look for my next team, which should be finished next month (if Suspect testing goes the way I think it will, it'll probably be longer).

Hello!

I like to congratulate you on the excellent looking RMT and well there isn't actually anything to say now that will make your team any better

Great Job!

I really like your team, Pidgey.

To help mitigate your Specs Jolteon and DD Babiri Berry Tyranitar weaknesses, there are a few Flygon sets you can try:

Flygon @ Expert Belt
252 Atk/ 6 SpA/ 252 Spe Hasty / Naive
Earthquake
Dragon Claw
Fire Blast
Toxic
I had to invent my own EV spread for this set, but I've found it to be very usable, seeing that almost everyone runs the Choice Scarf Set. I saw someone else on the ladder using this set and tried to recreate it for myself.

Bluffgon
move 1: U-turn
move 2: Outrage / Dragon Claw
move 3: Earthquake
move 4: Fire Blast / ThunderPunch
item: Expert Belt / Haban Berry
nature: Naive / Naughty
evs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
from this thread

I've also seen some guys using a variation of the Special Life Orb set:
Flygon @ Life Orb
80 Atk / 252 SpA / 176 Spe Rash / Naive
Draco Meteor
Earthquake
Fire Blast
Substitute in place of Roost / U - Turn

I hope I helped.
Good job and good luck!

You deserve to get swept generally if you let ANYTHING get 2 DDs.

And if you get Trapped+killed by Magnezone early on when you should only be using only one move(U-Turn) before you know your opponent's team, that's also disappointing.

You also have very little room for Tyranitar to set up(best bet is Jirachi/ Starmie). I think you just might be using your own team wrong lol

100th Vote yay

On Bluffgon, In my opinion you should keep Fire Blast, you only have 1 Fire move user (Heatran) if you don't, which is not really nice with 1/3 teams packing Scizor ;)! Especially as your slightly weak to Bug (is the Type chart updated from Sala to Flygon? You might have forgotten ;))

100th Vote yay

On Bluffgon, In my opinion you should keep Fire Blast, you only have 1 Fire move user (Heatran) if you don't, which is not really nice with 1/3 teams packing Scizor ;)! Especially as your slightly weak to Bug (is the Type chart updated from Sala to Flygon? You might have forgotten ;))
The type chart has already been updated, yeah, I have a slight Bug-type weakness.

question,

what would you do if you fought a LO Jolteon. Lets say he uses Tbolt and you switch in with flygon and try to counterattack with Earthquake Can't he still outspeed you and he can HP Ice?

I could have sworn someone asked me a question about Life Orb Jolteon...

Regardless, Life Orb Jolteon has a lot less power than Specs, so Heatran can effectively Revenge Kill it.

Oh, and this is not a BUMP. This is an answer to a question that was deleted (I wonder who deleted it -_-)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)