[OU RMT] It's a MAD WORLD!

I would defilnitely consider taking the Colbur lead as it will guarentee that you beat Machamp.

move 1: Taunt
move 2: U-Turn
move 3: Stealth Rock
move 4: Explosion
item: Colbur Berry
nature: Jolly
evs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Speed

The only thing you'll need a Focus Sash for is the random Specs Heatrans, and you get up your Stealth Rocks and they are locked into a move anyway. So you have somewhat of an advantage. With this EV spread, you'll beat Machamp, tie with other Azelf and 361 speed Pokes (starmie!)
Colbur Azelf is a great Lead (I actually tested it when I first saw it on the C&C section), but I don't think it would really fit. Leftovers is working much better than Focus Sash, seeing as the only Lead that can OHKO Azelf (and it still sets up Rocks) 100% of the time is Tyranitar, who is used mostly as a Choice Scarf-er nowadays.

I'll try out Colbur Berry. but unless it wows me, I think I'll be sticking to Leftovers.

Another thing I dont like is your Magnezone. Its not that I don't like magnezone, but its your only steel type at the moment. That means that it is your best bet to take Draco Meteors. Unfortunately, it also keeps your team from being swept by Scizor.
Actually, I have a habit of allowing Pokemon to be killed by Salamence as a sacrifice, then using Gengar Shadow Ball to wipe it out (seeing as they just used Draco Meteor, that's one turn of Life Orb recoil, add on Stealth Rock, and Shadow Ball does 69.2% - 81.6%). The only Salamence that pose a threat to me are Dragon Dance Salamence, but they pose a threat to every damn team. I can send in my own Salamence to bait Outrage, switch to Magnezone, and kill it as it's locked into Outrage. Of course, that requires the sacrifice of Magnezone on my part.

This means that after Stealth Rock, a majority of your pokemon are OhKoed. Whats worse, you don't have a switch into Infernape. I really like your team, and the use of magnezone. But I dont think it cuts it in todays Metagame. So here are some suggestions:

Actually, killing Infernape is pretty easy. Sometimes, I may have to Revenge Kill it, but it stills goes down to Gengar (who can't be hit by Infernape's priority attacks).

You NEED a bulky water. I suggest taking out Gengar and putting in a defensive Starmie. This will help you beat Infernape + Gyarados with ease.

Hydro Pump
Thunderbolt
Recover
Rapid Spin/Ice Beam

Timid Nature, Leftovers @ 216 Speed, 60 SpAtk, 126Hp, 108Def

This gives you the semi-bulky water that you need to take down Infernape.
Meh, I'll try it out.

You can then make Tyranitar a Babiri DDancer, that way it has some kind of way to beat Scizor.
Making it a Babiri Dancer would be horrible for this team. I'm basically giving Tyranitar a one use item, that it can only really use for Scizor, I'd have to replace something for Fire Punch, and after Babiri Berry is gone, then Tyranitar's got nothing. Leftovers and Life Orb are far superior choices in my mind.

And finally - I'd give Salamence leftovers. Roost + Life Orb + Sandstorm makes very little sense :P its gonna hurt you more often. I'd give it a more optimal spread of:

212HP/252Speed/44Attack with Dragon Claw + Earthquake, Roost and Dragon Dance.
This bulky Salamence set is worth a look over. I'll try it out, since this could really help the team absorb some attacks (or at least cushion the blows).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)