OU - RMT

OU-RMT

Introduction:

This team is mainly offensive. It has a record of 10-2. This is my second time to get a team rate on these forums, I did read the rules, just tell me if I did anything wrong, and I'll fix it.

Preview

Lead- Jolteon
Physical Sweeper- Gliscor
Special Sweeper- Starmie
Late Game- Weavile
Support- Fortress
Revenge / Surprise- Infernape

Pokemon

Jolteon (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 6 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Fake Tears
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Most people don't expect a Life Orbed Jolteon lead. With 130 speed and Timid, it outspeeds Weavile, Azelf, Non Scarfed Gengar, and alot of lower speed Scarf users as well. As far as coverage go's he has Shadow Ball and T-Bolt, just like Gengar, and HP Ice for support. For the last slot I added Fake Tears, the SpDef loss can make many foes need to switch out to save their hides.
---
Gliscor (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 180 HP/56 Atk/56 Def/218 Spd
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Ice Fang
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Roost

The Gliscor is wonderful. I got it on the Stark Mountain Forum and its ingenious. It takes usually two pokes to take it down. If they are going to use an Ice attack, but are slower, I can use roost, to take off my 4x Ice weakness, as well as healing. Then I can SD on the switch. Ice Fang is just a prefferance over AA or SE.
---
Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 6 HP/252 SpAtk/252 Spd
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Grass Knot
- Ice Beam
- Surf
- Thunderbolt

Usually people think their Swampert can just wall off my Starmies attack. Well there all wrong. I decided to dump Revover and Spin, because Starmie is so frail already, and I have Fortress for Spinning, then I could just add on Grass Knot to take care of evil swampert.. The rest is just Standard.
---
Weavile (M) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 42 HP/252 Atk/216 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Brick Break
- Night Slash
- Pursuit
- Ice Shard

Weavile is my late game finisher, and he does a great job at just that. With everything weakened from either Spikes, Toxic Spikes, Stealth Rock, and my sweepers, Weavile and his 125 base speed comes in and cleans up the mess. I just hate Deoxys (E) because off Superpower, so I play on the Suspect Ladder.
---
Forretress (M) @ Shed Shell
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP/162 Atk/96 Def
Impish nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Explosion
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic Spikes
- Stealth Rock

Forrtress is my Supporter guy. he sets up depending on what I have discovered about his team, lots of flyings, SR. Lots of steels, Spikes, no Steels or Poisons, Toxic Spikes. Then Explode when finished.
---
Infernape (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 6 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Flare Blitz
- Thunderpunch
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat

Infernape is my surprise revenge killer. No one expects me to have Thunder Punch on an Infernape, or Stone Edge. I catch alot of pokes off gaurd. This guy has one me matches on his own.
---

Possible Replacements

Lead- Azelf, Gengar

Physical Sweeper- Dugtrio, Lucario

Special Sweeper- Azelf, Heatran

Supporter-

Late Game- Deoxys (E)

Revenge / Surprise-

Fake tears would be more useful than giga impact on jolteon for random situations imo. Can be VERY annoying when played right. Not much that doesnt resist it can take a -2 special defense, life orbed, stab'd tbolt.

Nobody really uses aerial ace on weavile because it just doesn't come in handy that often. Ice punch (for those situations where you need the extra damage and would die after ice shard fails to KO) or pursuit (always useful) would probably be more useful in the long run. Or just swords dance!

Fake tears would be more useful than giga impact on jolteon for random situations imo. Can be VERY annoying when played right. Not much that doesnt resist it can take a -2 special defense, life orbed, stab'd tbolt.

Nobody really uses aerial ace on weavile because it just doesn't come in handy that often. Ice punch (for those situations where you need the extra damage and would die after ice shard fails to KO) or pursuit (always useful) would probably be more useful in the long run. Or just swords dance!
Weavile- I ran SD for a while, but I never got a good chance to use it. I might go with Pursuit, it would give me a way to kill running Ghosts and Psychics, namely Starmie and Gengar.

Jolteon- That is a good idea about the Tears, that would make a-lot of Pokes have to switch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)