OU RMT.

Ok I had to make a new team when Salamence left OU and after 3 weeks on vacation and not knowing about Salamence going über on the very day I left the internet for 3 weeks I began to make a team when I found out it was über.

Changes are in red and bolded.

Abbreviations used in this RMT:

RMT = Rate My Team
DD = Dragon Dance
CM = Calm Mind
Sub = Substitute
Rachi = Jirachi
OHKO = One Hit Knock Out
2HKO = Two Hit Knock Out
KO = Knock Out
HP = Hit Points
Atk = Attack
Def = Defense
Sp. Atk = Special Attack
Sp. Def = Special Defense
Spe = Speed
SD = Sword Dance
UU = Under Used
OU = Over Used
SR = Stealth Rock
EV = Effort Value
LO = Life Orb

At a glance the team looks like this:

At a deeper look:

Machamp:

Adamant @ Lum Berry
EVs: 240 HP / 244 Atk / 16 SpD / 8 Spe
- Dynamic Punch
- Payback
- Bullet Punch
- Ice Punch

I wanted a lead that could beat most leads in the OU metagame (Lum Berry Metagross and Colbur Berry Azelf are the only ones I lose to) and be bulky enough to handle somethings in the later parts of the game if it is still alive. About the EV spread it looks like it is standard but it has 1 change (4 to be precise :P ) It runs 8 Speed EVs instead of 4 Speed EVs. I took 4 from attack and shifted it to speed so that I could outspeed all Lead Machamps that invest 4 in speed (and other Machamp) as well as Blisseys who invets in speed later in the game. I also chose Ice Punch over over Stone Edge because it is better in the lead spot and I can deal with Gyarados with a few other pokemon. Unless the opponent has a Slowbro or a ghost (which most have but if the ghost isn't Rotom-A it might have a tough time ie Gengar) this Lead can be very devastating. Otherwise standard lead Machamp quite common but I won't lose to most other Lead Machamps due to the extra 4 speed EVs because T1 Both Dynamic Punch. We both lose our Lum Berry's and I can outspeed for the kill next turn with another Dynamic Punch.

Flygon:

Jolly @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Spe / 252 Atk / 4 HP
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- U-Turn
- ThunderPunch

This is my teams revenge killer. It provides revenge killing opportunites to many pokemon ie. Gengar, Starmie, Infernape, +1 +1 DD Gyra, +1 +1 DD Dragonite etc. I can easily KO Gyarados with ThunderPunch which I chose over Stone Edge because Stone Edge can miss and it isn't a sure KO with SR on all DD Gyarados.

ThunderPunch:

Standard Bulky DD Gyarados:

80% - 95.1% (A sure OHKO with Stealth Rocks)

Standard Offensive DD Gyarados:

100.3% - 118.4% ( A sure OHKO always)

Stone Edge:

Standard Bulky DD Gyarados:

53.5% - 63.2% (NOT a OHKO even with Stealth Rocks)

Standard Offensive DD Gyarados:

66.5% - 78.5%
(NOT a sure OHKO even with Stealth Rocks but granted it might have lost 10% from Life Orb but if it hasn't taken any prior damage other than Stealth Rock it will live MOST of the time).

Flygon is also a good scout for early game. I usually bring Flygon out early to scout my opponents team. Sometimes I don't U-Turn off the bat if I think my opponent will predict a U-Turn and stay in but that is not what I should be talking about in a RMT. Flygon seemed like a good pokemon to fill my revenge killer of the team as most teams must have a good revenge killer for threats like Gyarados.

Jirachi:

Bold @ Lefties EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 Spe
- Wish
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- ThunderBolt

Wish CM Jirachi. It is a good special sweeper in the end and can provide Wish support for the rest of my team. I was considering Substitute Calm Mind Jirachi and Super Rachi (Super Rachi half as a joke though), but I ended up deciding I'll just go with CM Wish Jirachi. Wish support would be very enjoyable to the next pokemon in my team because it take 25% from Stealth Rock and can come in on a Fire or Ground type attack aimed at Jirachi. Yeah not much else to say about this. I chose Psychic over Flash Cannon as the only real reason to use Flash Cannon is if you are afraid of a Tyranitar coming in on this but I'd switch out with this and go into either Gyarados, Flygon, Celebi or Machamp so I have enough to deal with Tyranitar. Celebi OHKOs most variants of Tyranitar as it is a Tinkerbell and a Leaf Storm from a TinkerBell Celebi will OHKO Tyranitars if they don't invets in Sp. Atk alot.

Gyarados:

Jolly @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Offensive DD Gyarados is a very potent threat in todays metagame. I chose Jolly to outspeed all Jolteon who might come in trying to ThunderBolt my dreams of a sweep away. This is my physical sweeper that I bring in late game and usually I have Wish support from Jirachi on it because the Stealth Rock damage and the possible attack damage from the opposing pokemon would be annoying. Bringing this in on a Heatran coming in on my Jirachi trying to Fire Blast it into oblivion would be a great thing for me because with wish support from Jirachi I would have anywhere from 90% to 95,4% HP left and if it is a Choice Scarf Heatran it would be locked into Fire Blast allowing me to set up as much as I want to.

Fire Blast from 252 Sp. Atk Naive/Timid Heatran:

29.6% - 35%

Flamethrower from 252 Sp. Atk Naive/Timid Heatran:

23.6% - 27.8%

Explosion from 4 Atk Naive Heatran with Intimidate factored in:

80.4% - 94.6% (Meaning I can still net 1 KO if I had full HP).

Gyarados seemed like a good physical sweeper for this team. I was thinking about SD Lucario, but I might take it if I get told to convincingly enough or if many people tell me to use it. This Gyarados is the first in my Fire Water Grass defensive core which isn't as good as it is in UU, but it still works in OU.

Celebi:

Modest @ Life Orb
EVs: 32 HP | 232 SpA | 244 Spe
- Thunder Wave
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power (Fire)
- Recover

TinkerBell Celebi is a great set that I like alot. Leaf Storm from this monster that not everyone suspects would do this much to these Tyranitar (all of these are with Sand Storm as the weather):

Standard Choice Scarf Tyranitar:

104.1% - 123.4%
(A sure OHKO even without SR)

Standard Choice Band Tyranitar:

93.4% - 110.8%
(A sure OHKO with SR and more likely than not a OHKO without SR)

Standard TyraniBoah:

88.1% - 104.5%
(A sure OHKO with SR and a chance to OHKO without SR)

Standard CurseTar:

65.8% - 77.7%
(No chance to OHKO even with SR I guess I have to handle it in a different way...)

Standard SD Lucario (HP Fire):

84.7% - 100.4% (A chance to KO with and without SR)

Offensive Suicune +1 +1:

93.6% - 110.5% (A sure OHKO with SR and a chance to OHKO without SR)

Thunder Wave support for the team is great always. I am thinking about putting U-Turn > Hidden Power Fire for scouting as Scizors usage is going down and I still have Heatran to deal with Scizor. 2 U-Turn pokemon can create a good cycle alloweing me to rack up SR damage. I usually bring this out quite early and T-Wave something on the switch-in or even the pokemon I brought Celebi in on. All I hope is that they don't bring a ground type pokemon in, but the only ones they really could are Gliscor (which I haven't been seeing much of lately) and Flygon to U-Turn on me.

These EVs allow Celebi to beat SD Lucario and Offensive Suicune as well as reach a perfect LO HP number allowing 11 hits rather than 10.

Heatran:

Naive @ Shuca Berry
EVs: 252 Spe / 252 Sp Atk / 4 Sp. Def
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Explosion

Heatran in the number 1 OU pokemon at the moment. This will lay up the SR for the team and a late/early game explosion can destroy the opponents plans. This is also my check/counter to quite a few pokemon ie. Scizor (if I take Hidden Power Fire off Celebi, but this would anyways still be a check to it), Jirachi (Heatran easily handles nearly all Jirachi some Super Rachi with +1 +1 on the switch that carry Hidden Power Ground for Heatran as even Shuca Berry won't be enough then can be a trouble) etc as well as many steels like Skarmory, Forretress, Magnezone etc. Not much more to say about this pokemon.

The last glance of my team:

Thank you and I appreciate all constructive criticism. That is why I posted a RMT.

AB2

is an absolute ape
is a Team Rater Alumnus
Hi Freze, interesting team that you have yourself but I think that I have a few suggestions to help.

At a glance, this team is weak to Offensive Suicune. Jirachi will not be able to set up on it, Flygon is taken down, Heatran is scared off and explosion will not be able to KO. Celebi also won't be taking an ice beam very well after a calm mind or two. Lucario is another problem that this team has. Flygon is just set up bait for Lucario if it happens to be locked into the wrong move and after one Swords Dance boost, your whole team is KO'd with Close Combat / Extremespeed / Stone Edge. Sub Pain Split Gengar does a number to this team because you only have one ghost resist, Heatran, who is OHKOed by a Focus Blast. Also, Gengar gets up a free substitute on Flygon locked into earthquake meaning that you will probably lose a pokemon or it will be severely damaged every time Gengar gets the opportunity to set up a substitute.

Problems:
SD Luke [stone edge variants]
Offensive Suicune
Sub Pain Split Gengar [minor]

First of all, this is a nice, solid team with little to no problems so I would like to congratulate you for that. Now since Swords Dance Lucario seems you be your biggest problem, I would suggest that you simply run 244 speed on offensive celebi.

Celebi @ Life Orb
Modest 12 HP / 252 SpA / 244 Spe Natural Cure
Thunder Wave | Leaf Storm | Hidden Power Fire | Recover

This will allow you to outspeed Luke so that you are able to cripple it with Twave so it really won't be able to sweep anymore. Offensive Suicune will be out spaced and obviously OHKOed by a Leaf Storm even after a boost. If you want to keep more bulk but sustain power I would suggest that you run a spread of 32 HP | 232 SpA | 244 Spe, which still allows you to beat the same threats just with a tad more bulk.

I believe that Sub Pain Split Gengar will be able to be played around if your Jirachi is in fair condition; however it might become a huge threat in late game, but that is just something to be wary of.

Overall this is a solid team with not very many problems at all, I wish the best of luck with it!

Did you take into account the HP Fire Speed drop as well? So should I run 248 Spe and 32 HP and 228 Sp. Atk?

AB2

is an absolute ape
is a Team Rater Alumnus
Did you take into account the HP Fire Speed drop as well? So should I run 248 Spe and 32 HP and 228 Sp. Atk?
The spread that you currently have in your original post should be just fine.

I changed my Machamps EVs from 244 Atk and 8 Spe to 240 Atk and 12 SPe to outrun the 8 Spe Machamp I see ever so often. Any upgrades?

Changed back to 8 Spe EVs

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)