OU Sandstorm Team

This team isn't pure offense nor defense. I have tweaked it a lot from the original intent. The main goal is to use SR and Spikes w/Sandstorm damage to weaken enemies while I finish them off w/ strong attacks. After my lead either faints or I switch him out for my next pokemon, Tyranitar comes out and Sand Stream kicks in. And this is in Diamond, so I can't use Rotom's forms.

Aerodactyl @ Focus Sash
Pressure
6 HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spe
Jolly
-Stealth Rock
-Taunt
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide
The standard suicide lead. Taunt to stop other's from setting up SR and set up SR myself. EQ replaces Ice Fang to give better coverage and is overall a strong attack. Rock Slide was chosen to give somewhat variety of moves and better accuracy and poss. flinch.

Forretress @ Shed Shell
Sturdy
252 HP/ 112 Atk/ 144 Def
Relaxed
-Spikes
-Gyro Ball
-Explosion
-Rapid Spin
Forrestress is here to serve several roles. One is my rapid spinner. Trying to remove entry hazards so that others can switch in w/o worry. He also helps to set up Spikes to do more damage to others entering. And finally is one of my walls. Helps to defend against physical attacks and can do so as he resists a lot of types. Though his primary part of the team isn't defense. Gyro Ball is for a stab attack and Explosion is a final attempt to kill enemy pokemon when running low on HP.

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Water Absorb
188 HP/252 Def/68 SpAtk
Bold
-Surf
-HP Elec
-Wish
-Protect
Vaporeon is my counter to several Pokemon and can also wall pretty well. Can soak up a Waterfall from Gyrados and counter w/ HP Elec w/o its power getting lowered from Intimedate(sp?). Can also counter Ape and Tran and supplies my team with wish support.

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Sand Stream
6 HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spe
Adamant
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Crunch
-Pursuit
Activates sand storm. With pursuit he can hunt down pokemon attempting to flee and with ice fang he can cover gliscor that could possibly wall him. Stone Edge and Earthquake have psynergy and does at least neutral damage on quite a few pokemon. After creating a sand storm, will be used late game to finish off remaining Pokemon.

Gliscor @ Leftovers
Sand Veil
252 HP/40 Def/216 Spe
Jolly
-Earthquake
-Roost
-U-Turn
-Stone Edge/Ice Fang
Was chosen to, like stated somewhere below, to counter Luke. Can replace Rhyperior effectively as his moves have the same and more coverage than Rhyperior did. I'm considering Ice Fang to help eliminate dragons and fellow Gliscor as the changes made to my MS don't allow me to counter Flygon and Gliscor. Mence can be taken out with SE from another member. Can soak up most hits pretty good and then roost them off, if they aren't ice. And can scout out an enemy team and be fast enough to U-Turn out before enemy attack.

Heatran @ Life Orb
Flash Fire
4 Atk/ 252 SpAtk/ 252 Spe
Naive
-Fire Blast/Flamethrower
-Earth Power
-Explosion
-HP Grass
My sweeper for most of the battle. Not sure if should go for power or accuracy and more pp. And if I can predict a fire attack towards Forretress, can switch into Heatran gain the boost and attack back. Earth Power goes well with its fire attack. HP Grass is to take care of Swampert which walls this team pretty good. Explosion is there once again to take out a Pokemon if Heatran is on the verge of fainting.

Changes made in Bold.

I'm still learning D/P, but your team looks extremely vulnerable to Empoleon... All you've really got is Dusknoir because if Emp puts a sub up, it should kill Heatran easy. Empoleon is immune to Sandstorm too.

haunter

Banned deucer.
First of all, welcome to Smogon!

Here are some advices on your team:

1) Give Aerodactyl earthquake in place of ice fang: EQ will allow you to hit hard things like Heatran and Jirachi and to do a decent damage to Metagross. Rock\ground give better coverage than rock\ice.

2) You lack a counter for Lucario: a TTar locked into pursuit is an invitation for Luke to come in and set up a SD, after that, it can ohko every member of your team. I recommend that you pair your TTar with a Gliscor, so you can still benefit from sandstorm, but you have a solid answer to Lucario and otehr fighters like Heracross. So:

Gliscor@leftovers
nature: jolly
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 216 Spe
-earthquake
-roost
-u-turn / stone edge
-knock off / toxic / stone edge

A jolly nature to outspeed even jolly Lucario (just in case they have ice punch), the set is self-explanatory: EQ and roost are a must, u-turn for scouting and for Celebi or stone edge for flyers like Gyarados, the last slot has several possibilities. I believe that you could replace Rhyperior with this pokemon.

3) On TTar: crunch>ice fang. Ice fang can be really useful only for Gliscor, while crunch hits hard every switch in which doesn't resist it and is your best bet against Swampert. Also consider aqua tail over earthquake: aqua tail can 2hko Hippowdon and Gliscor, and that's a good reson alone to consider it.
Oh, and 252 Spe EVs are not necessary: TTar is quite slow, so 80 Spe EVs are enough to outspeed most Skarmory and 2hko them with stone edge before they can roost. The remaining 176 EVs can be placed in HP to prolong its durability.

4) You are quite weak to both Infernape and Gyarados: Dusknoir can counter Gyarados to a certain extent, but it must be at full health to survive a +1 waterfall and, anyway, it can't touch Infernape while Ape can outspeed and OHKO every member of your team (barring Dusknoir which is 2hko'd by fire blast). I would really suggest to add a Vaporeon somewhere, a standard support Vaporeon should work fine:

Vaporeon@leftovers
nature: bold
EVs: 188 HP / 252 Def / 68 SAtk
-surf
-hidden power electric
-wish
-protect

With this pokemon you'll be covered against Infernape (barring the rare SD variants), Gyarados and Heatran, which may also give you problems - your only switch ins are TTar and your own Heatran, which both require prediction to come in unharmed, and other threats. I beleive that you could replace Dusknoir with this pokemon. Yes, you'll lose a spin blocker, but gaining coverage against 3 of the biggest threats in the present metagame is a good deal in my opinion.

Hope this helps.

Good luck!

I prefer Hippo as lead, and scarftran over life orb tran. You can try out Scizor instead Rhyperior. The SD one(Scizor)

@lucas17kk-Yeah, hippo would make a lead that I might consider as T-tar doesn't need to come in after my lead and I can do other things. I would prefer LO on tran as he isn't limited to one move until he is switched. And as for Scizor, I might just go with what Haunter suggested and switch out Rhyperior for Gliscor. I considered Scizor but I didn't choose him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)