OU sandstorm team

Status
Not open for further replies.
OU sandstorm team ~UPDATED~

SANDSTORM TEAM
EDIT:
If I need more info, just tell me and I will post it asap. thanks.

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
Nature: Adamant
HP=252/ ATK=128/ SPD=128
~substitute~
~crunch~
~fire punch~
~focus punch~

This Tyranitar works well for a sandstorm team. It's ability sets up sandstorm, Then It can pretty much talke out most common leads. Its HP EVs give it 404 HP stats, which makes a very good substitute that you can attack from behind. If he survives for awhile, I can switch him out and sweep late-game.

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Sassy
HP=252/ ATK=86/ DEF=80/ SPD=92
~stealth rock~
~earthquake~
~gyro ball~
~explosion~

Bronzong usually comes after Tyranitar. He sets up rocks then usually switches to a staller or a sweeper. He can also attack if needed though. If there is a threat to anything I could switch in, then I can always explode.

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
Nature: Bold
HP=188/ DEF=252/ SPE=68
~wish~
~protect~
~HP electric~
~toxic~

Vaporeon is amazing. It can easily stall with toxic and protect. And added to that, It can wish-protect it's dmage away. I can even wish away the party's damage if something else switches in. HPelectric is for attacking if Vaporeon is taunted. It can also be used If i need to switch in on a water type that threatens my team.

Tentacruel @ Leftovers
Ability: Liquid Ooze
Nature: Calm
HP=252/ DEF=120/ SPD=136
~toxic spikes~
~rapid spin~
~surf~
~????~

Tentacruel Is here for two main reasons. To rapid spin, and to set up toxic spikes. Since I switched vaporeon's surf to HP electric, tentacruel gets surf. I need some advice for the last attack, however...

Gliscor @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Nature: Bold
HP=248/ DEF=228/ SPE=32
~roost~
~thunderbolt~
~heat wave~
~roar~

Zapdos is pretty much a tank. He has very few weaknesses, and he covers the teams weaknesses too. Roost can add some resistance, and roar is to help out with damage once rocks and spikes are up.

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
Nature: Impish
HP=252/ DEF=168/ SPD=88
~ice fang~
~protect~
~slack off~
~toxic~

Hippowdon is the main wall/ staller of this team. He can restart sandstorm if needed, and he can sweep with ice fang when swords dance is baton passed to him. Slack off works wonders for healing, and protect is for dealing toxic damage. Roar is optional since toxic can be inflicted by someone else before switching to hippowdon, and roar can deal rocks damage. But i find that toxic is better than rocks. Roar IS an option though.

THANKS FOR LOOKING!
please comment. thanks~SB​

Ok, here goes... I highlighted the keywords so it's easier to read.
Might have missed something, but please allow me to blame it partially on the hours(near 1 AM at the moment).

[I changed it a lot(the team seemed very bad, so healing it wasn't so easy), but tried to keep your idea of having 2 sandstreamers]

Problems:

-[Gliscor]
You have nothing worth baton passing to.

-[Tyranitar]

This lead seems too hard to play. Against Hippowdon, for example. If you taunt turn 1, you can get Quaked. If you counter turn 1, you can get Stealth Rocked.

-[Team in general]
Your team DOES NOT HAVE ENOUGH SURVIVABILITY to outstall STALL TEAMS, and DOES NOT ENABLE you to act vigorously enough to BREAK THE LOCK.

Vaporeon is your only Water-Resist, and it is vulnerable to Toxic Spikes, which you have no way of removing.

Bronzong is the only pokemon in your team which doesn't cry madly when faced with a Leaf Storm(from, for example, Celebi).

Only 1 way to scratch Skarmory, and that is Vaporeon, which is vulnerable to all entry hazards, and all status ailments.

How to fix:
I'm already a bit sleepy, but I put your team on Marriland team builder, and looked at the insane amount of poison resists you had(5), while only ONE immunity, and no way to reset Toxic Spikes.

Therefore I thought it might be a good idea to sacrifice some of them for the resistances you did NOT have.

I suggest you switch Flygon and Gliscor OUT, for a Zapdos and Tentacruel IN. Apart from that, turn Tyranitar -> SDEF Bulky, which will still allow you to deal with the High-SPA Electrics(Your only option against them before was really Hippowdon)

Tentacruel, apart from RAPID SPIN, gives you a second Fighting resistance. To take advantage of either, though, you will need a good amount of DEF EVs, and HP.

Since Vaporeon will be your main way to deal with Gyarados, you might want to use HP Electric on it(Surf will be on Tentacruel).

As for Zapdos, I believe a Physically Sturdy set would be wise, in order to help Tentacruel(And Hippowdon) absorb that annoying move called 'CLOSE COMBAT, and to help you deal with Scizor.

In my experience, with all 3 of my teams. Tyranitar leads are destroyed. Most common leads do in fact destroy TTar. Whether it be taunting it with Azelf/Aero to mashing it to death (Metagross), or even tricking a scarf onto it. It is a fairly weak lead I think.
Besides that...
When using Sandstorm, I think of two pokemon that are worth mentioning on your team.
Number 1. Gliscor. You get the evasion and a great pokemon in general, in particular using the Dancing Tank set works well, because it can tank and at the same time power itself up for a very awesome sweep. Sandstorm helps it with the Ice weakness, I suggest replacing Zapdos with it.
Number 2. Rhyperior. A tank. Who has MASSIVE HP and with Solid Rock as well. Sandstorm adds to help it survive Special Attacks. Rock Polish/Sword Dance or both can make it very capable of sweeping a team.
I think it is important for teams to have a balanced aspect in them, and both these pokemon could replace Zapdos I think, because they are tanks (what Zapdos means to do ) their attacks don't weaken due to Sandstorm, while powering themselves up and laying DOWN THE BEATDOWN.

That was going to be my last comment, when I saw Tentacruel, you don't need Tentacruel for the Spin. Change it to knock off I think, ground teams really can take the Stealth Rock (it does very little to most of your team). Or just change the pokemon in general. You could add Skarmory here, the Spikes hurt a lot or Roserade and put in some Toxic Spikes if you really want them. The possibilities for that spot are greater then Tentacruel I think.

haunter

Banned deucer.
Please read the rules, and take particular note of rules 3 and 16. You can't post uncompleted teams (see Tentacruel) and your descriptions are really lacking. If you fix these problems (test your team more and expand the descriptons), then send your fixed RMT to me via PM and I'll unlock your thread. Locking this in the meanwhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)