[OU] Stormbug / M-Heracross Rain team

Hello smoguys. After the sand and the sun team (both having relative sucess, links below) the time has come to create a rain team!

Rain teams are mostly HO. My own got some HO elements along with some walls and stuff. Let's see:

1.0 Edits in red
1.1 Edits in blue (Switched MScizor for MHeracross)

Klefki (F) Focus Sash/Damp Rock
Ability: Prankster
Bold Nature
252 HP/ 252 Def/ 4 SpD
-Rain Dance
-Spikes
-Taunt / Thunderwave
-Foul Play

Usually the lead, Prankster guarantees rain dance while the focus sash guarantees at least one layer of spikes against all but other prankster leads. Taunt shut down other non-prankster leads HE DOENS'T LEARN TAUNT I'M STUPID (Swagger is now banned with FP). Foul Play is just there so it won't be a tauntbait, while hitting for an OK damage against stronger pokes. Deoxys-S would be a better choice overral. With SR, taunt and rain dance, but I don't like using legendarie pokes for some reason. The EVs are defensive-foward so I can set more layers of spikes. Maybe some speed would be good to outspeed other prankster users. (I don't know how much, exactly, to outspeed sableye)

Liepard (F) @ Damp Rock/Focus Sash
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
Bold / Impish Nature (+Def, -S / Atk)
- Rain Dance
- Thunder Wave/Sucker Punch/
- Taunt/Encore
- U-Turn

Liepard is the fastest prankster around, shutting down 100% rock leads with his taunt. Priority rain dance is a must for this team, while Thunderwave cripple faster pokes to M-heracross or swift swimmer out of rain. Encore can be used to shut down protect wall who like to stall out the rain (tho I prefer taunt). U-turn keeps momentum. The only problem is that every offensive team like hazards to provide 0HKO, and Liepard lack those

Politoed (F) @Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
Bold Nature
252 HP/200 Def/56 Spd
-Scald
-Sleep Talk
-Rest
-Toxic/Ice Beam

The basic defensive Rest/Talk politoed. Rest is important so he can endure the battle keeping the rain up. Sleep talk is just a way for toed being usefull besides the sleeping. Damp Rock for an 8-turn rain. Scald for STAB and burn chance and Ice Beam for a covarage. Toxic provides me residual damage against walls so they won't stall my rain away. I'm not sure if a defensive politoed is the most suitable politoed for this team. I've seen some builds using scarfed or specs toad for a more offensive presence. EVs are basic defensive-foward, but i'm not 100% sure about them. Need help on this one.

Kingdra (M) Choice Specs/Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
Modest Nature
252 S.Atk/252 Speed/4 HP
-Surf
-Dragon Pulse/Flash Cannon/Rain Dance
-Draco Meteor
-Ice Beam

Long live the king! Tho 6gens slaps weather based teams in the face, kingdra still reigns as a special sweeper for rain. Surf over Hydro-pump because its power on rain is good enough without risking a miss. Draco Meteor is a strong STAB while Dragon Pulse is a weaker but accurate STAB. It is situational Flash cannon can be very usefull, using kingdra as a fairy bait and predicting on the switch. Not many fairies can take a specs flash cannon. This way azumarill can't wall Kingdra, which it easily could on the past set. I can take one of them out for a covarage move, feel free to help !
Life Orb is an alternative, so Kingdra can rain dance on its on, since he is very rain dependant and he doens't mind losing one of his dragon attacks. The Choice item should be used on kindgra or Kabutops, but not both. Kingdra got less covarage, so being locked on one of his two STAB types don't hurt its gameplay.

Kabutops (M) Life Orb/Choice Band
Ability: Swift Swin
Adamant Nature
252 Atk/ 252 Speed/ 4 Def
-Sword Dance/Aqua Jet
-Stone Edge
-Waterfall
-Low Kick/Aqua Jet/X-scissors

Kingdra's physical counterpart, there isn't much to talk about him. With Kindgra and Politoed, he locks the core and the team is built around them. Adamant nature so he can 0HK0 all that he can, avoiding losing precious rain turns. Sword Dance is used for when Ktops forces a switch. Stone Edge and waterfall hits harder than a mother%@&!#, while low kick is against heavy steel types. Aqua Jet can substitute low kick for a liable priority move, which is nice since Kabutops relies on the rain to outspeed threats. Choice Band is the item of choice if Kingdra gets the Life Orb, this makes of Kabutops a powerfull revenge killer, 0HK0 almost everything that don't resist resist his attacks. With this he obviously loses the sword dance, but a STAB CHOICE BANDED PRIORITY WATER MOVE UNDER RAIN is almost an 100% guarantee of killing a weakened foe. X-scissor is an proper answer to mega-venu and others.

Goodra (F) Leftovers/Damp Rock
Ability: Hydration
Calm Nature/Modest Nature
252Sp Atk/ 252 HP/ 4SpD
-Rest
-Thunder
-Dragon Pulse
-Rain Dance/Toxic/Sludge Bomb

Goodra is my Special Wall/Status absorver. With Hydration, she doens't mind coming in any bad-status move, answers with almost 100% acc thunder or a crippling toxic and rests for a reliable recovery without drawbacks (when in rain). Dragon Pulse is the main STAB. Toxic vs. Rain Dance vs. Covarage. Rain Dance makes sure Goodra will have its Hydration on or benefits the team in the turn it will prob die. Toxic cripple stalls and Sludge bomb the fairies. Sap Sipper also works on a Rain Goodra, tho not good as Hydration IMO. Sap Sipper absorves lets say, a giga drain. Hydration Goodra tanks a Giga Drain while resting the damage off, also being usefull for tanking Will-o-wisps and thunderwaves.

Heracross @ Heracronite
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 8 HP / 252 Atk / 248 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake
- Close Combat
- Pin Missile

Switching defensive presence for offensive presence, M-Cross also benefits from rain by weakening his 4x Fire. He can deal with Mega-Venusaur and nothing truly appreciates switching into one of his attacks. Duo the lack of bulkness and speed, he is very frail and don't outspeed big part of the meta, which is a bit frustating. Heracross did saved me tons of times on showdown tests. He is the definition of late game sweeper and LOVES when klefi thunderwave things.

Scizor (M) @Scizornite
Ability: Technician
Adamant Nature
252 HP / 40 Atk / 216 SpD
-Bullet Punch
-Bug Bite
-Sword Dance
-Roost/Defog

The Mega of choice. Mega-Scizor under the rain is the definition of BULKY, having its 4x Fire Weakness broken by the weather. He can pull a sword dance without many worries while roost heals the residual damage. Bullet Punch and Bug Bite are both hard-hitting technician STABs. Scizor is one of the few megas that can take real advantage from rain, others being blastoise (I already got 3 water pkm), ampharos (doens't work without a batton pass chain) and aggron (being pure steel, he likes fire-nerf). Scizor can handle special attacks (due investment) and physical attacks very well, building a defensive core with Goodra and being an offensive pokemon at the same time. He learns Defog and it would be a nice move, since this team got no spinners or defogers.

I'll post the team interaction and combo between the pokes later today!
RMT !

Last edited:
Definitely roost over defog for scizor. Might a recommend either tornadus or tornadus t? Personally I cant think of a whole lot of ways to improve your team, but a hurricane abuser is one of them. Currently your team gets run over by mega venusaur, so hurricane can help fix that. Tornadus is generally used as a prankster rain setter, so it might be good substitute for klefki as it can also taunt and hit hard with hurricane. Tornadus t on the other hand is a amazing regenerator pivot in rain with amazing speed and a powerful hurricane to boot. It is the better abuser, but not as good at setting, so it would likely replace kingdra if used.

I would change your politoad set. You dont want to keep toad in for too long and losing it isnt that big of a deal. It sets up sweepers and if it stays in too long the rain is difficult for other pokes to abuse.

Keldeo would be a great addition to your team as well, but a mixed kingdra would also be potent. If you give kingdra life orb with waterfall draco meteor, hydro pump and then something like iron head (there are probably better sets, but you get the point) it can act as a mixed wallbreaker which is missing currently.

Hope I helped.

mac1275 What nature and EV spread for a Tornadus/Tornadus-T? I imagine something like:
Tornadus Life Orb
Naive nature
4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
-U-Turn
-Hurricane
-Rain Dance
-Taunt

But this comes to the samething with Deoxys-S (and so Keldeo). With a fast taunt, knock off and rain dance plus SR, deoxys-S would be amazing for the team. I know smogon plays in tiers and it isn't important if the pokemon is legendary or not, but the pokemon community nearby and friends avoid using them, and so I wish to build my team without those pokes. Dragonite could also be one good hurricane abuser, volcarona too (tho the lack of defog or hazard control would hurt it) but I don't imagine were to fit it.

Whats your advice for a Politoad set? More defensive?

I'll test the mixed Kingdra and post replies!

Klefki has pretty good typing, tank more hits that I seems and is acting fine, but maybe he just isn't for H.O teams. I was thinking in maybe replace him for the mighty support cat

Liepard (F) @ Damp Rock
- Rain Dance
- Taunt/Encore
- U-Turn

Thunderwave cripple threats on the way out while STAB suckerpunch has more synergy with taunt, tho it wont take much with liepard's atk stats and this investment. Encore breaks protect-walls that try to stall away the rain

Last edited:
mac1275 What nature and EV spread for a Tornadus/Tornadus-T? I imagine something like:
Tornadus Life Orb
Naive nature
4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
-U-Turn
-Hurricane
-Rain Dance
-Taunt

But this comes to the samething with Deoxys-S (and so Keldeo). With a fast taunt, knock off and rain dance plus SR, deoxys-S would be amazing for the team. I know smogon plays in tiers and it isn't important if the pokemon is legendary or not, but the pokemon community nearby and friends avoid using them, and so I wish to build my team without those pokes. Dragonite could also be one good hurricane abuser, volcarona too (tho the lack of defog or hazard control would hurt it) but I don't imagine were to fit it.

Whats your advice for a Politoad set? More defensive?

I'll test the mixed Kingdra and post replies!

Klefki has pretty good typing, tank more hits that I seems and is acting fine, but maybe he just isn't for H.O teams. I was thinking in maybe replace him for the mighty support cat

Liepard (F) @ Damp Rock
- Rain Dance
- Taunt/Encore
- U-Turn

Thunderwave cripple threats on the way out while STAB suckerpunch has more synergy with taunt, tho it wont take much with liepard's atk stats and this investment. Encore breaks protect-walls that try to stall away the rain
I understand where you are coming from. There really arent a whole lot of good hurricane abusers, but anything with a strong psychic move would also work. Dragonite is an interesting option, but I havent tested a specially based dragonite since gen5, so I dont know how effective it is. Klefki is fine to be honest. I was just in a showdown mindset. The liepard you posted would also work well, so I would consider using that. U-turn would be a huge plus to switch to a sweeper after setting rain. Only problem is that liepard is really frail. Anyway, is there any pokemon you can run a psychic or flying move on that you currently have? I dont think they can. You may have to use scizor and kabutops to wear it down. I would therefore run swords dance +life orb on kabutops to enable you to get mega venusaur a little easier.

I understand where you are coming from. There really arent a whole lot of good hurricane abusers, but anything with a strong psychic move would also work. Dragonite is an interesting option, but I havent tested a specially based dragonite since gen5, so I dont know how effective it is. Klefki is fine to be honest. I was just in a showdown mindset. The liepard you posted would also work well, so I would consider using that. U-turn would be a huge plus to switch to a sweeper after setting rain. Only problem is that liepard is really frail. Anyway, is there any pokemon you can run a psychic or flying move on that you currently have? I dont think they can. You may have to use scizor and kabutops to wear it down. I would therefore run swords dance +life orb on kabutops to enable you to get mega venusaur a little easier.
I don't know if this would be some gameplay-changing info, but kingdra can get flash canon and signal beam. Flash cannon can be nice considering kingdra is an azumarill bait while still focusing on sp atk.

Kabutops can learn aerial ace and X-scissor from TMs and Egg move for Knock Off (which is great in this gen). An all-out attacker banded kabutops might work, leaving for kingdra the life orb.

Kabutops (M) Choice Band
Adamant Nature
-Knock Off/Low kick
-Stone Edge
-Waterfall
-X-Scissor

Cons: Losing low kick means ferrothorn walls my entire team.
Life orb as said, its also an alternative, tho online battles consider two equal itens in a team illegal.

I don't know if this would be some gameplay-changing info, but kingdra can get flash canon and signal beam. Flash cannon can be nice considering kingdra is an azumarill bait while still focusing on sp atk.

Kabutops can learn aerial ace and X-scissor from TMs and Egg move for Knock Off (which is great in this gen). An all-out attacker banded kabutops might work, leaving for kingdra the life orb.

Kabutops (M) Choice Band
Adamant Nature
-Knock Off/Low kick
-Stone Edge
-Waterfall
-X-Scissor

Cons: Losing low kick means ferrothorn walls my entire team.
Life orb as said, its also an alternative, tho online battles consider two equal itens in a team illegal.
Can kabutops get knock off and low kick on the same set?

Can kabutops get knock off and low kick on the same set?
Low kick is a move tutor from HG/SS and Knock Off an egg move so I don't think so, but I haven't tested it. (Nintendo closes the connection for DS games today, I think, so isn't an option anymore. Lucky me I already got one kabutops with Low Kick on it)

As a rain player myself, I always love seeing other peoples take on the playstyle. I particularly liked your incorporation of Klefki and Goodra to form a core that can keep it raining for a long, long, time.

What really did bother me however, was the lack of ways to kill Mega-Venusaur, as well as break stall. Bulky teams do a great job at WEATHERing the onslaught of your offensive core of Kingdra and Kabutops, respectively. The best way to deal with Mega-Venusaur is to boost up with Scizor and Bug Bite, but most stall teams (which are the ones that will give you trouble), will have a reliable answer to your Scizor, whether it be Skarmory or Heatran.

What I suggest may raise some eyebrows, or probably get me laughed at. I suggest using a Mega-Heracross set, which while rain doesn't benefit Mega-Heracross (Other than weakening fire, but then water moves are boosted AND Hurricane becomes 100% accurate), Mega-Heracross certainly does benefit rain. For one thing, it breaks apart Mega-Venusaur, or at least does enough damage so the rest of your team can kill it. Same can be said for Chansey, as well as other stall behemoths. When played right, especially with reliable fallbacks that your team carries, Mega-Heracross can definitely benefit your team by punching holes into anything walling your sweeper.

252+ Atk Mega Heracross Pin Missile (5 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Quagsire: 240-285 (60.9 - 72.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery (Not to sure if anything else on your team deals with it. Probably though. This is just here in case)
252+ Atk Mega Heracross Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 746-878 (105.9 - 124.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Mega Heracross Pin Missile (5 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Venusaur: 185-225 (50.8 - 61.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

These are just a few calcs. But with good prediction, nothing really enjoys switching into Mega-Heracross. Really all up to you if interested. Heres the set if you are

Heracross @ Heracronite
Adamant Nature
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake
- Close Combat
- Pin Missile

If you wanna have someone help playtest HMU. I will be a bit busy though.

As a rain player myself, I always love seeing other peoples take on the playstyle. I particularly liked your incorporation of Klefki and Goodra to form a core that can keep it raining for a long, long, time.

What really did bother me however, was the lack of ways to kill Mega-Venusaur, as well as break stall. Bulky teams do a great job at WEATHERing the onslaught of your offensive core of Kingdra and Kabutops, respectively. The best way to deal with Mega-Venusaur is to boost up with Scizor and Bug Bite, but most stall teams (which are the ones that will give you trouble), will have a reliable answer to your Scizor, whether it be Skarmory or Heatran.

What I suggest may raise some eyebrows, or probably get me laughed at. I suggest using a Mega-Heracross set, which while rain doesn't benefit Mega-Heracross (Other than weakening fire, but then water moves are boosted AND Hurricane becomes 100% accurate), Mega-Heracross certainly does benefit rain. For one thing, it breaks apart Mega-Venusaur, or at least does enough damage so the rest of your team can kill it. Same can be said for Chansey, as well as other stall behemoths. When played right, especially with reliable fallbacks that your team carries, Mega-Heracross can definitely benefit your team by punching holes into anything walling your sweeper.

252+ Atk Mega Heracross Pin Missile (5 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Quagsire: 240-285 (60.9 - 72.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery (Not to sure if anything else on your team deals with it. Probably though. This is just here in case)
252+ Atk Mega Heracross Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 746-878 (105.9 - 124.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Mega Heracross Pin Missile (5 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Venusaur: 185-225 (50.8 - 61.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

These are just a few calcs. But with good prediction, nothing really enjoys switching into Mega-Heracross. Really all up to you if interested. Heres the set if you are

Heracross @ Heracronite
Adamant Nature
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake
- Close Combat
- Pin Missile

If you wanna have someone help playtest HMU. I will be a bit busy though.
I'm finding great sucess with the Heracross set and Liepard over Klefki ! Heracross hardly outspeeds anything, so I'll try a jolly nature or a HP ATK spread. Mega-venu still is a treat, don't being 0HK0 by it. Liepard has great offensive presence, shuting down enemy pranksters, setting rain dance and thunder waving all else. U-turn also gives me momentum.

Hmmm so yeah mega venusaur is a prob for ur team, as well as things like opposing scizors and ferrothorn. I suppose heracross can deal with then but it is rather slow but maybe it works with ur rain sweepers. Also I think having SR support/denial or removal might help. Ex deoxys speed with rain dance and stealth rock.

Hmmm so yeah mega venusaur is a prob for ur team, as well as things like opposing scizors and ferrothorn. I suppose heracross can deal with then but it is rather slow but maybe it works with ur rain sweepers. Also I think having SR support/denial or removal might help. Ex deoxys speed with rain dance and stealth rock.
As I said before, deoxys and tornadus would be great assets for the team but I don't want to use legendaries in any weather team. Hazard support would be nice, making sure the offensive pokes always 0HK0. Heracross is being sucessfull on the team, tho it lacks desirable speed and my team will lack a defensive wall. I suppose politoed can be adjusted to be even more physical defensive.

I still struggle with ferrothorns and M-Venus. Kabutops ow kick takes 50% from a ferrotorn and outspeeds it even without rain, but with the sticky barb+rocky helmet recoil, they always kill me with one power whip.

I'm finding great sucess with the Heracross set and Liepard over Klefki ! Heracross hardly outspeeds anything, so I'll try a jolly nature or a HP ATK spread. Mega-venu still is a treat, don't being 0HK0 by it. Liepard has great offensive presence, shuting down enemy pranksters, setting rain dance and thunder waving all else. U-turn also gives me momentum.
Yeah unfortunately, thats a problem I had with Mega-Heracross. The other rain Mega's that I found were viable were Mega-Manetric and Mega-Scizor. I honestly prefer Klefki over Liepard, mainly cause I can do Dual Screens instead. Of course other Pranksters will give you problems, but I think opposing Pranksters are generally more rare than the threats that Klefki can handle. Klefki can also do dual screens, giving more life to your sweepers.

I've also actually preferred running Ludicolo over Kingdra. Never tried Kingdra to much.
Kingdra has better bulk, better offenses, faster, and better typing

What Ludicolo does have going for it is the fact it has Giga Drain and Focus Blast. Which means Ferrothorn and Azumarill, two things that really mess with Rain Teams, really can't wall Ludicolo. Any bit of prior damage on Azumarill means a Giga Drain destroys it (Watch out for AV though). Giga Drain also means you get to recover your HP bit by bit as you slowly tear apart the opposing team.

Its ultimately all up to choice though.

Im experimenting right now with Mega-Mawile in the rain. Ive done a bulky support set, which actually works decently well, but there are times I wish it packed more a punch (Against M-Scizor). I will be trying for a more Offensive Set to sweep. Even without full attack though, it packs a hell of a punch. It also gets up rocks, which tends to annoy the hell out of people, since its unexpected and most likely noob-ish. However, using M-Mawile means you need a different wall breaker, and I would suggest using Kyurem-B, which is imo one of the best wall breakers in the meta. It won't be hitting Chansey though.

Last edited:
Maybe special dnite or volcarona with fire blast and hurricane? Perhaps to replace goodra
Mixed or special Dnite can work well, I suppose. Thunder/Hurricane/Roost/Filler to abuse the rain. The big problem is that Goodra is my only pokemon that like taking some neutral strong hits. Without any walls my team will die much more quicker.

Yeah unfortunately, thats a problem I had with Mega-Heracross. The other rain Mega's that I found were viable were Mega-Manetric and Mega-Scizor. I honestly prefer Klefki over Liepard, mainly cause I can do Dual Screens instead. Of course other Pranksters will give you problems, but I think opposing Pranksters are generally more rare than the threats that Klefki can handle. Klefki can also do dual screens, giving more life to your sweepers.

I've also actually preferred running Ludicolo over Kingdra. Never tried Kingdra to much.
Kingdra has better bulk, better offenses, faster, and better typing

What Ludicolo does have going for it is the fact it has Giga Drain and Focus Blast. Which means Ferrothorn and Azumarill, two things that really mess with Rain Teams, really can't wall Ludicolo. Any bit of prior damage on Azumarill means a Giga Drain destroys it (Watch out for AV though). Giga Drain also means you get to recover your HP bit by bit as you slowly tear apart the opposing team.

Its ultimately all up to choice though.

Im experimenting right now with Mega-Mawile in the rain. Ive done a bulky support set, which actually works decently well, but there are times I wish it packed more a punch (Against M-Scizor). I will be trying for a more Offensive Set to sweep. Even without full attack though, it packs a hell of a punch. It also gets up rocks, which tends to annoy the hell out of people, since its unexpected and most likely noob-ish. However, using M-Mawile means you need a different wall breaker, and I would suggest using Kyurem-B, which is imo one of the best wall breakers in the meta. It won't be hitting Chansey though.
When I was trying Mega-Heracross, I missed M-Scizor's defensive walling for me. Mega-Mawile will have the same speed problem that M-Heracrossu (only outspeeding with sucker punch, which is unreliable,tho it can act like a wall for lesser pokes) and have no ways to answer mega-venu, which along with ferrotorn are my greater threats right now.

For Ludicolo, I kinda prefer Kingdra, for competitive and design reasons. I suppose I can run an offensive politoad, maybe scarfed, with focus blast. Any thoughts for offensive politoad build?

With dual screens on klefki is can prove itself usefull, i'll try. Using the screens I can pull off even more hiper-offense on this team and don't worring too much about losing a wall or two.

Too bad talonflame doesn't get Hurricane. Priority Hurricane and tailwind would be awesome.

Last edited:
I've made some calculations, and choice specs flash cannon 3hit KO's 252hp 252 atk adamant azumarill. Have you tried using a rash kingdra with draco meteor/waterfall or surf/ice beam/hp electric or grass? Rash so u can use waterfall in case they bring up any special wall. Hp grass deals with enemy kabutops/gastrodons etc

252+ SpA Choice Specs Kingdra Flash Cannon vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Azumarill: 139-164 (34.4 - 40.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Kingdra Hidden Power Electric vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Azumarill: 208-246 (51.4 - 60.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Life Orb Kingdra Hidden Power Electric vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Azumarill: 182-216 (45 - 53.4%) -- 31.6% chance to 2HKO

Also with mega heracross you'll get another fairy weakness. Are you sure this mega scizor replacement works well? And wouldn't the evs be better in 252 hp 252 atk 4 spd for mega heracross so he can tank well from both defenses (the difference is minimal)

I've made some calculations, and choice specs flash cannon 3hit KO's 252hp 252 atk adamant azumarill. Have you tried using a rash kingdra with draco meteor/waterfall or surf/ice beam/hp electric or grass? Rash so u can use waterfall in case they bring up any special wall. Hp grass deals with enemy kabutops/gastrodons etc

252+ SpA Choice Specs Kingdra Flash Cannon vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Azumarill: 139-164 (34.4 - 40.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Kingdra Hidden Power Electric vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Azumarill: 208-246 (51.4 - 60.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Life Orb Kingdra Hidden Power Electric vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Azumarill: 182-216 (45 - 53.4%) -- 31.6% chance to 2HKO

Also with mega heracross you'll get another fairy weakness. Are you sure this mega scizor replacement works well? And wouldn't the evs be better in 252 hp 252 atk 4 spd for mega heracross so he can tank well from both defenses (the difference is minimal)
Heracross vs. Scizor requires more testing. Scizor can be walled due only two attack types, unfortunatly.

Thanks for the calc, flash cannon is kinda weak looking this calcs. I already breeded mine and its a modest special sweeper. For showdown, I suppose rash is a good option, but using what I have in hands, I'll build him special only. I'll check his HP, but prob isn't electric. He learns Signal Beam too, do you think it can be usefull?

I run offensive toad. 252 hp/252 SpA modest @ hydro pump, ice beam, focus blast, toxic.
Having a focus blast will be nice ! You use choice scarf on it? I'll try

Heracross vs. Scizor requires more testing. Scizor can be walled due only two attack types, unfortunatly.

Thanks for the calc, flash cannon is kinda weak looking this calcs. I already breeded mine and its a modest special sweeper. For showdown, I suppose rash is a good option, but using what I have in hands, I'll build him special only. I'll check his HP, but prob isn't electric. He learns Signal Beam too, do you think it can be usefull?

Having a focus blast will be nice ! You use choice scarf on it? I'll try
Well, you can alwas use hp grass too, to get rid of those rotoms and other quad weakness grass types. Signal beam.. well, I don't find its use.

Politoed is cool with focus blast, nailing ttar and ferros, and provides decent coverage

X Scissor shouldn't even be an option on Kabutops. +2 Stone Edge does more to any grass type. Also, Venusaur takes neutral damage from both attacks. I'll edit this later and post other things.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)