OU sun team - first team

Hey guys,

Recently got back into pokemon and wanted to have a go at trying a sun team. At the moment, i am struggling to cover all types. I am open to suggestions but my main problem is whether to have a mammoswine, a weavile or neither as my 6th pokemon. My team so far is:

Ninetales (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 Spd
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Will-O-Wisp
- SolarBeam
- Hypnosis

Ninetales is there to set up the sun. Ninetales is decently quick and can throw out some nice damage. I gave him flamethrower which does a lot thanks to the stab and the sun and solarbeam allows him to cover his water or ground counters. Will-O-Wisp i usually use before switching out forretress so the enemy takes damage while traps are being laid out. And finally, hypnosis allows the rest of the team to switch in safely. Ninetales is my go to leader.

Venusaur (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Chlorophyll
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SAtk / 180 Spd / 4 Def
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Growth
- Hidden Power Ice
- Sludge Bomb
Venusaur is reasonably tanky and deals nice damage. After a sun boosted growth, Venusaur can sweep pretty well. Hidden power ice allows Venusaur to knock out dragons, sludge bomb allows venusaur to take out rival grass types and get the occasional poison in and giga drain allows him to survive his life orbs and enemy attacks. I wouldnt mind changing him but atm dont really know much better than the set he has.

Alakazam (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Signal Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Focus Blast
Kazam is on this team to cover a larger variety of types. Psychic is the only psychic type move on my team and is the primary defense i have against all most fighting types. Signal beam allows kazam to hit his counters, dark types, focus blast i dont use that often but can be great against tanky rock types. Hidden power fire i dont really like on him as i already have some good fire damage, but i suppose with the sun it can be good. Kazam is a revenge killer which covers a lot of types the rest of this team doesnt and he can hit like a steamroller with few worries thanks to magic guard.

Volcarona (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flame Body
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 Def
Timid Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Fire Blast
- Hurricane
- Quiver Dance
I havent played much of the newer pokemon games and had no clue who this guy was until a few weeks ago. However, he deals large damage and is pretty quick. Bug buzz is my main damage dealer against psychics and darks. Fire blast is pretty self explanatory, stab, sun and power. Hurricane is the only flying type move i have, pretty useful. Quiver dance is great but i dont often get the chance to use it volc gets one shotted too often... I like volcarona for his damage, but am open to changing or replacing him.

Forretress (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 Def
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Volt Switch
Words alone cannot describe my love for forretress. He is my trapper, rapid spinner, tank and true love. He is hard enough to kill normally, but the leftovers+sturdy combo makes him even better. Rapid spin knocks out enemy traps and spikes and toxic spikes are just nice entry hazards, pretty standard. His terrible speed allows me to use volt switch when id rather he tanks the damage than whoever i switch to. Forretress i reckon is pretty self explanatory, and as mentioned before, lays or removes the traps and can tank most attacks.​

Here is where i am stuck.... I dunno which pokemon i should use as my 6th. As mentioned before, weavile seems to do fine, however, i do love mamoswine. That being said, i am happy to try any other pokemon that will cover the types needed.

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
-Stone Edge/Stealth Rock
- Icicle Crash
Mamoswine is great as he is reasonably tanky and can destroy dragons and fire types. I am not sure whether to use stone edge or stealth rock. Stealth rock is a great entry hazard, but stone edge makes him even more lethal. Ice shard's priority and stab with mamoswines immense attack takes out most things it is effective against. Icicle crash picks where ice shard fails, it takes out pretty much anything that cant resist it. Earthquake on mamoswine is my primary killer of fire types. Mamoswine is a great physical attacker, however, leaves me a little too open to ghost types...

Weavile (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Ice Shard
- Swords Dance
- Night Slash
- Pursuit
Weavile is incredibly fast and his dark/ice typing makes him great. He can take out ghosts, psychics and dragons, all of which can hurt the rest of the team well. Ice shard gets in quick and can deal with salamances, garchomps, dragonites and most other dragons. Night slash and pursuit are the only moves on the team capable of taking out ghost types with ease. Swords dance just makes Weaviles stats that extra bit better. Although i don't like Weavile is pretty good but he lacks the ground type i use a lot with mamoswine. I would love to find a better replacement for him, but he does his job.
This is my first sun team and i dont know most of the newer pokemon, thanks in advance for the help,
Tag

Attachments

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)