OU team blue dragon

Im new on smogon and competitive pokemon in general so this team might be not so good. But after doing some battle using this team with many ragequits and some loss, i think its better to post it to share my ideas and get make it better.
Well this team is a highly offensive themed team that require a high deal of prediction to work because of choice abundance in the team.
The rest is for supporting and set up sweeper that can ruin opponents pokemon which actually the main pokemon this team based on. Well this is the team i made

Saviour(Metagross)
252 HP/236 Atk/ 16 Def/ 6 Spe
Adamant
Held Item:
Occa Berry
Moveset:
Bullet Punch
Explosion
Stealth Rock
Earthquake

Comment:
Standard Metagross as the lead. The main goal of Metagross is to set up Stealth Rock as soon as possible while dealing with the likes of Heatran,Aerodactyl,Tyranitar, and to some extent Infernape. After that, he can be used later as utility revenge killer or clearing threats or expected switch in with Explosion. His clear body helps alot when dealing with 2 most dangerous DD sweeper in OU (gyara and sala).
Its main problem so far is against Starmie because of predicting Trick or Hydro Pump(which uses a different set) and NTM swampert

Destruction(Starmie)
6 Def/ 252 Sp.A/ 252 Spe
Natural Cure
Timid
Held Item:
Leftovers
Moveset:
Ice Beam
Rapid Spin
Surf
Thunderbolt

Comment:
With high speed, Natural Cure, good Special Attack, nice Defenses, and Huge movepool, Starmie might be the most annoying pokemon in OU baring Breelom. Able to absorb stats and used to Rapid Spin. And the most funny thing about Starmie after a mistake i made is it's ability to hurt many threats with Jolly Nature for a huge amount.
Able to clear Threats like Salamence and Gyara and can hurt many Switch in Greatly, almost at the point of ruining them.

Gaeus(Flygon)
252 Atk/ 6 Def/ 252 Spe
Adamant
Held Item:
Choice Band
Moveset:
Earthquake
Fire Blast
U-Turn
Outrage

Comment:
This team has 2 Water pokemon so to cover it up i use Flygon to absorb thunder attack or many type that he resist and earthquake too.
His good typing only hindered by his bad defense but he can take many kind of attacks especially the common Earthquake. Among all pokemon in the team, he can almost completely cover up 4 other pokemon's weakness
Ground (more common than fire type on Gross and TTar to some extent), thunder type (for Gyara and Starmie). CB is used for more power since 100 Base isn't that big for Choice pokemon. With CB, it can KO many pokemon
in the game. EQ is for Heatran and Gross. Fire Blast for Skarm. U-Turn for
Scouting and damage the weakness of this team which is Swampert and finally Ourage for damage output.

GurrenLagann(Scizor)
248 HP/ 252 Atk/ 8 Def
Technician
Adamant
Held Item:
Choice Band
Moveset:
Bullet Punch
Pursuit
U-Turn
Superpower

Comment:
A good pokemon for Revenge Killing and Sweeping. Its also easy to switch with its good Typing. Now, the mind Game comes after switching(a rather crucial one) predict a Gyara ? Pursuit or U-Turn. Otherwise use other move.
mainly used to deal with another Scizor and to Tag team with Flygon and finally to fight offensive threats Salamence mainly and can be a Celebi counter with Flygon.
During making this team its hard to choose this or Staraptor seeing Staraptor has better offensive in general but Flygon is choosen for its numerous resistance

Freedom(Tyranitar)
252 Atk/ 5 Def/ 252 Spe
Adamant
Held Item:
Choice Scarf
Moveset:
Crunch
Pursuit
Stone Edge
Earthquake

Comment:
Scarftar is good for revenge killing and sweeping. San Stream residual damage also gives a hard time to many pokemon to OHKO him while taking damage. also in this team, he is a perfect choice since he baits scizor
which can lead to a game. Except if it is SD zor

Akravator(Gyarados)
156 HP / 72 Atk / 96 Def / 184 Spe
Adamant
Held Item:
Leftovers
Moveset:
Waterfall
Dragon Dance
Taunt
Stone Edge

Comment:
The Blue Dragon itself. The main sweeper on this team. Gyara can be used as early and Late Sweeper rather well and Bulky gyara is better when using it on early than the Full offense Gyara. Taunt also able to cripple many pokemon like Blissey and Skarmory and if it DD on Gar Switch in, it can outspeed and taunt Gar making Gar a good set up chance except with T-Bolt. Gayara is a great pokemon in this team seeing it's ability to cover up TTar to bait Scizor. Also this is a better one than Salamence when considering Ttar in the team.

Thats the team i made. Any suggestion is highly apreciated on this team
Thanks in Advance

I'm worried that your team might be a bit too easy to set up on. You have three choicers as the core of your team. I would recommend no more than 2. Flygon and Tyranitar, although having thier distinct differences are not entirely necessary on the same team. I would keep tyranitar and put flygon out for a snorlax to adress you starmie problems, Scarf Starmie in particular. It can outspeed and kill everything in your team with its attacks except for Tyranitar, who only nees a little bit of damage to be KOed. Snorlax can easily handle starmie with pursuit or just check it in general if you opt for a set without one.

Snorlax @ Leftovers
Adamant-252 Atk/252 Sp.Def/4 HP
-Body Slam
-Earthquake
-Pursuit/Crunch
-Fire Punch

This is the offensive-lax from the strategy dex, but I added pursuit. This snorlax is a great pivot that can play great defence while still maintaining the offensive momentum your team requires. Body Slam can Paralyse which is always great. Earthquake for steels and you know what pursuit is for. Fire Punch is for levitating steels mostly but it still doesn't hurt them much. The best use you would get out of that would be for scizor on the switch, so you can replace that with Self-Destruct or some other move. Anyway, I hope this helps!

Scimjara

Bert Stare
is a Tutor Alumnus
Hey JSND,

Like november1093 said your team is extremely easy to being set up on for example a dragon dance gyarados with the oblivious moveset dragon dance/eq/waterfall/stone edge which after one dragon dance can sweep your whole team. You're only option is to hope that the gyarados isn't offensive or stone edge misses because LO +1 stone edge does 99.2% - 116.8% and thats a sure fire ohko, only giving you the chance to live by 1hp from minimum damage which is not likely.

While gyarados can set up on three of the choice item pokemon you for instance if you bullet punch with scizor that gives a free dragon dance to gyarados. As well if you eq with either flygon or tyranitar. Having all these choice item pokemon causes these situation's and you should play carefully and not try to get swept by gyarados , empoleon, and even charge beam substitute magnezone.

To solve that situation with out completely butchering your team you should use a choice scarf flygon with thunder punch. You're team is quite slow and you use tyranitar as your main scarfer which gets out speed by salamence after a dragon dance and agility empoleon. While flygon you risk a speed tie with 252 speed naive salamence but you can revenge kill empoleon which can sweep your whole team surf / grass knot.

You lead with metagross, however you should try leading with starmie as well. with the top 10 leads being:
azelf / aero / swampert / metagross / jirachi / infernape / machamp / roserade / heatran

Starmie would be a better option as a lead instead of occa berry metagross because it handles heatran and infernape being that you ohko heatran with hydro pump and if infernape sets up rocks you use hydro pump to hit him to sash and then rapid spin ensuring that the opponent wont have any sr up. If you do take this suggestion use lum berry metagross instead of shuca / occa.

Metagross @ Lum Berry
Adamant 252 HP / 240 Atk / 16 Spe
bullet punch / sr / eq / mash

I also suggest you read up on the following article if you have not already.
http://www.smogon.com/smog/issue9/leads

Anway GL with your team.

thx in advance
but this team so far has lost totally to swampert
swampert brings hard time to this team with no grass attacks
but on easy set up at i rarely gets that happen
(maybe i will soon enough)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)