OU Team - Help

This is my first competitive battling team, please feel free to help.

Metagross-
EV's: 248 HP/232 Attack/28 Speed
Nature: Adamant Item: Occa Berry

Moveset:
Stealth Rock
Earthquake
Bullet Punch
Explosion

Metagross is the lead to my team. Because of it's typing, there are only two types that are super affective against it. Stealth Rock is to be set up as early as possible. It's there to help out Gengar and Dragonite sweep opposing teams. Earthquake is for countering fire types, one of the few types strong against metagross. Bullet Punch was picked because of the fact that it attacks with priority and is a steel type move. Explosion is an extremely powerful move on Metagross because of its high attack, and will take severely damage many pokemon who aren't ghost type.

Gengar-
Ev's: 252 Special Attack/252 Speed/ 4 HP
Nature: Timid Item: Focus Sash

Moveset:
Thunderbolt
Shadow Ball
Focus Blast
Hidden Power Fire

Gengar is the Special Sweeper for the team. Gengar was a great choice because of its high Special Attack and Speed. Gengar also has immunity against three types: Fighting, Normal, and Ground with levitate. Thunderbolt was picked becasue of it's decent power and to counter pokemon like gyarados, starmie, and other water types. Shadow Ball was a good choice because it provides STAB and does well against a couple of types. Focus Blast was picked despite its low accuracy because of its power and does well with shadow ball, taking out dark, normal, and steel types. The last move is one I don't think should be there. Hidden Power Fire is for taking out Scizor and Foretress.

Dragonite-
EV's: 252 Attack/252 Speed/4 HP
Nature: Adamant Item: ?

Moveset:
Dragon Claw
Earthquake
Fire Punch
Extreme Speed/ Superpower

I picked Dragonite as the Physical Sweeper to the team to replace Salamence who was originally on my team, until I found out he was an uber. Dragonite has very high Attack and has better defenses than Salamence. Dragon Claw was picked over Outrage because it's more reliable. Dragon Claw and Earthquake are the main moves used in battle. Fire Punch is for taking out steel types like Skarmory and Bronzong. I'm not sure about the last spot because I don't know which is a better choice, Extreme Speed, or Superpower. I'm not sure about the item.

Skarmory-
EV's: 252 HP/64 Atk/176 Def/16 Spe
Nature: Impish Item: Shed Shell

Moveset:
Bravebird
Roost
Spikes
Whirlwind

Skarmory is the physical wall for the team. I picked Skarmory because he goes well with my other wall, Blissey, and can set up Spikes. Bravebird is used for dealing damage. Roost lets Skarmory recover damage taken. Spikes was picked over Stealth Rock because Metagross already has Steal Rock. Whirlwind is for forcing out attackers using stat raising moves.

Blissey-
EV's: 252 HP/252 Defense/4 Speed
Nature: Bold Item: Leftovers

Moveset:
Wish
Protect
Seismic Toss
Thunderwave

Blissey is the special wall for the team. I picked Blissey because Blissey is the best special wall in the game, and I think that Blissey fit in well. Wish is for helping out Dragonite and Gengar. Seismic Toss is the main attack due to the fact that it hits all pokemon but Ghost Types. Thunderwave is for paralyzing opposing pokemon to help out Dragonite and Gengar when sweeping.

Tentacruel-
EV's: 252 HP/120 Defense/136 Special Defense
Nature: Calm Item: Leftovers

Moveset:
Toxic Spikes
Rapid Spin
Surf
Sludge Bomb

Tentacruel was picked because it can lay down toxic spikes, absorb toxic spikes on our side of the match, and to use Rapid Spin to get rid of spikes and stealth rock. Tentacruel also covers Skarmory's weakness to fire types.

Just a quick review:
1) "to help out Gengar and Salamence sweep opposing teams." --> It's Dragonite.
2) "Toxic is for paralyzing opposing pokemon to help out Dragonite and Gengar when sweeping." --> It's Thunder Wave
3) The combo Lum Berry + Meteor Mash works better than Occa+EQ in todays metagame and your team isn't Heatran weak.
4) Focus Sash doesn't really work on you Gengar since you lack a Taunt lead and even with Rapid Spin support it won't really work, replace it with Life Orb.
5) I think that your Dragonite should run the Dragon Dance set since it actually gives you the possibility to sweep.
6) T. Wave isn't really necessary on your Blissey and you should also consider that with Toxic Spikes it's effectiveness is reduced.
Replace it with Aromatherapy so that you can get rid of status.

Good Luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)