1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

OU team Please Help!

Discussion in 'BW OU Teams' started by noobsauceg7, Mar 11, 2011.

1. noobsauceg7

noobsauceg7

Hello. I have had very little experience with competitive battling team making. I have been watching many youtube videos for a long time now and would love to get started with some help...moving on

[​IMG]
    Lead
    Archeops with Focus Band
    Ability: Defeatist
    Nature: Jolly
    EVs: 4 HP, 252 Attack, 252 Speed
    Moves:
    Earthquake
    Aerial Ace
    U-turn
    Taunt

I have put a lot of EVs into speed so he will have few pokemon going faster than him but with his 110 base speed, that will be hard to beat. I gave him the taunt to prevent any initial field hazards and u-turn to get out if the opponents lead is something Archeops can't handle. Earthquake to take care of any opposing electrics and aerial ace for a good STAB move.

[​IMG]

Special Sweeper
    Chandelure with life orb
    Ability: Flash Fire
    Nature: Modest
    Evs: 4 HP, 252 Special Attack, 252 Speed
    Moves:
    Energy Ball
    Flamethrower/Overheat
    Shadow Ball
    Calm Mind

Chandelure is including for being such a beast of a special attacked. I gave him the energy ball to help him against water, ground, and rock types who give Chandelure trouble. I am not sure if I should give him flamethrower or Overheat so any suggestions for that would be great. I was also not sure about the calm mind but I thought it wouldn't hurt.

[​IMG]

Physical Sweeper
    Conkeldurr with leftovers
    Ability: Guts
    Nature: Adament
    EVs: 120 HP, 252 Attack, 136 Special Defense
    Moves:
    Bulk Up
    Drain Punch
    Mach Punch
    Stone Edge

Basically Conkeldurr will just be a Physical nightmare. Bulk ups will be helpful in keeping up his physical side. He will be healing a lot with leftovers and drain punch. Can help in late game sweeping with mach punch. Stone edge against pesky Flying types.

[​IMG]

Physical Wall
    Ferrothorn with Leftovers
    Ability: Iron Barbs
    Nature: Relaxed
    EVs: 252 HP, 200 Defense, 56 Special Defense
    Moves:
    Spikes
    Leech Seed
    Gyro Ball
    Explosion

Ferrothorn will set up the spikes. Leech seed to help be annoying and gain more HP. Gyro ball to do a buttload of damage if attacking becomes necessary. And Explosion when HP is low to do massive damage.

[​IMG]

Special Wall
    Jellicent with leftovers
    Abilites: Water Absorb
    Nature: Calm
    Evs: 252 HP, 56 Defense, 200 Special Defense
    Moves:
    Recover
    Toxic
    Substitute
    Water Pulse

Jellicent will go side-by-side with Ferrothorn for a broad range of type coverages. He will use the usual recover/toxic stall which is so useful. The sub to take big damage (although not totally sure with this move). Water Pulse for a good STAB move plus confusion as an added bonus/annoyance.

[​IMG]

Special Late Game Sweeper
    Hydreigon with Choice Scarf
    Ability: Levitate
    Nature: Timid
    EVs:4 HP, 252 Special Attack, 252 Speed
    Moves:
    Draco Meteor
    Fire Blast
    Dark Pulse
    Surf

Hydreigon used to move fast and hit hard with these strong moves. Not much to say.
  2. Mr._Rex

Mr._Rex

I am no expert, but I would give Chandelure Overheat. It has Calm Mind so it can undo the lowered Special Attack.
  3. -Chi

-Chi

In front of the link put " Link here [/ IMG]"
    The pokemon's pics should show up and make your post more neat and helps us raters identify the pokemon easier ha.

Example [IMG] [URL="http://www.something.here"]www.something.here[/URL] [/ IM[COLOR=red]A[/COLOR]] [COLOR=black]Change the [/COLOR][COLOR=red]A [/COLOR][COLOR=black]to "G"[/COLOR]

[B]*NOTE*[/B]
    Don't put a space between the "/" and IMG so it should be /IMG with [ ] outside : D

Or save the save the pic then upload it to tinypic or photobucket and there is a code that is already done for you
  4. Dezza Laa

Dezza Laa

okay,

Focus Band is both gimmicky and useless on Acheops. His abiliy means that as soon as he falls below 50% of HP he is dead weight and set up fodder. I would completely change him out of this team.

136 Speed EV's on Conkeldurr? Really? I hope you mean Special Defense.

I have no idea what move is 'Substitution'. Is it submission or substitute. And Water Pulse? Try Boil Over instead, seeing as Water Pulse is just useless.

Lastly Hydrogein isn't much of a late game sweeper with a Choce Scarf on him.

GL
  5. noobsauceg7

noobsauceg7

6. noobsauceg7

noobsauceg7

Yea substitute
  7. Smurph

Smurph

First off, Archeops should have focus sash which guarantees to be saved instead of a 1/8 chance from the band.

For your chandelure, i would suggest flamethrower, but overheat is a lot more more powerful. if you chose overheat, you would want to use that as a last resort.

Something that I noticed is that your team is vulnerable to Electric types. Your only resistance to it is Hydreigon. I'd suggest you remove Jellicent (more than one ghost type can be a problem)and replace it with a ground type of your choice. Id suggest maybe a Excadrill, though if you want the two ghosts, Golurk would definately help you, especially with its attack
  8. RAM

RAM

alright, ive had a little over a year of competitive pokemon experience, and years more of regular pokemon experience Gold for the win and i can try to help. First Your lead Archeops, abilty crushes it, once its bellow 50 HP its done. Going off of the fact that it seems you want a taunter for entry hazzards i would suggest using one of these two sets
    Espeon@Light Clay
    Ability:Magic Mirror
    Timid Nature
    252 Speed, 192 HP, 64 Sp. Att
    Light Screen
    Reflect
    Yawn/Shadow Ball/Hidden Power (Dark) (Ice)
    Psycic

I personally like this set, It adds some nice bulky defenses to your entire team right at the start of the match. Also Magic Mirror will reflect things like Stealth Rock, Spikes, Toxic Spikes, Roar, right back at the opponent without having to use any move. If you run 2 Offensive Moves id swap the nature to Modest

Or

Deoxys-S@Life Orb
    Ability:Pressure
    Hasty Nature
    252 Speed, 252 Sp Att, 4 Hp
    Taunt
    Stealth Rock
    Psycic/Psyhco Shift
    Hidden Power (Ice)

Deoxys-S is the fastest Taunter and Poke in the game, very very few things will get a stealth rock up before the Taunt if anything at all, mabye some fast poke with a choice scarf, Then you can set up your own stealth rock, and Deoxys wont last long but theres 2 attacks for whatever time you have left.

Next for your Physical Sweeper, Conklidurr is a good pokemon but i dont like its special defense stat....it sucks..so either throw some spec def Evs on it or this set has been great for a long time

Gyarados@Life Orb
    Ability:Moxie(ok this hasnt been used till this generation but its better than intimidate)
    Adamant Nature
    4 HP, 252 Attack, 252 Speed
    Dragon Dance
    Waterfall
    Earthquake/Dragon Tail
    Stone Edge/Earthquake/Dragon Tail

This set when it gets going, its going! Dragon Dance is the main key after 1 to 2 Dos is now powerfull and fast, life orb, makes it even better, Earthquake covers most of Gyarados' main killer Electricity unless they have levitate. Dragon Tail may make Gyarados go last but it switches their pokemon and damages them, perfect for an oposing D-Dance Dragonite or just an unfavorable match up. Stone Edge gives more coverage.

For your late game sweeper, i wouldnt recomend Hydrigeon, i have not found any use for this guy yet. I do have a couple options up my sleeve for great late game sweepers however

The most obvious, can be used anywhere
    Tyranitar@Leftovers
    Ability:Sand Stream
    Naive Nature
    252 Attack, 64 Special Attack, 192 Speed
    Earthquake
    Stone Edge
    Ice Beam
    Crunch

Sand Stream Instantly boosts T-Tars sp defense, great help, helps with the naive decrease, has great type coverage and is STRONG, you can also try it with a life orb for another option but it reduces health with you need in late sweeps.

Side Note:T-tar goes great with a sand throw Exadrill which is such a broken pokemon

Or

Dragonite@Leftovers
    Ability:Multi Scale
    Adamant Nature
    252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP
    Dragon Dance
    Outrage
    Thunder Wave
    Fire Punch/Ice Punch

Again Great and another late game destroyer, not much to say its pure awesome, OTHER ITEM OPTION!! Yache Berry, reduces his main weakness the first time it hits which can sometimes give you enough time to KO the ice type threat,

Well this should be ebough to get you started. ANYONE WHO SEES ANY ERRORS OR SUGGESTIONS OF CHANGES ON MY SUGGESTIONS, WHETHER ITS THE ORIGINAL POSTER OR A VEIWER, PLEASE RESPOND AND SUGGEST OR FIX NICELY PLEASE. I can see your new but thats ok you may find better stuff than what ive givin you but i hope this helps
  9. Smurph

Smurph

I agree. Btw go with Psycho shift. You really wouldnt be using it for attacking beyond set up.
  10. Eos

Eos some people just want to see the world burn
    is a Battle Server Moderator

Hi, almost all of the sets could be changed in some way to make them overall better (better coverage, stab, etc.). If you want help on all of them really, i suggest you ask a team rater or a tutor may be arranged if they can.

But, i suggest these in short. Fore if i don't abbreviate, i could go on for a while:
    -Change your lead to a lead Gliscor (impish nature, max hp, 224 def, 20 spe.) with Taunt, SD, EQ, Ice Fang. Especially if this is Dream World, gliscor is a great wall.
    -Chandelure aka Shandera: Change item to Choice Scarf. Change the last slot to HP Ice. Change the fire move to Fire Blast. Probably Timid nature.
    -Payback over Stone Edge on Conkeldurr aka Roobushin
    -Jellicent should run: Shadow Ball, Scald, Ice Beam, Recover.

GL, hope this helps!

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)