OU Team Reboot (Mew+Conkeldurr Mayhem)

Okay, Mew and Conkeldurr work well together, so this team is sort of centered around them in a way. I have been testing this team on smogon's PO server, and it's been one of the most successful of my career. There are a few weaknesses, and I might try to put a threat list, but I'm pretty lazy at times and probably won't get around to it: just a heads up. Either way, here we go.

Team Preview:

Mew @ Leftovers
Nature: Bold [+Def, -Atk]
Ability: Synchronize
252 HP / 204 Def / 52 Spe
-Psychic
-Softboiled
-Will o Wisp
-Taunt

In Depth:
Okay, so Mew is by far my favorite pokemon. He is so versatile, has good stats, and has one of the best, if not the best move pool out there. I chose him for my team because he is an amazing wall breaker, and my team was quite weak to walls at times. I was maybe considering sableye for this poke since it's such a good wall breaker and annoyer, but I'm just not sure if it's bulky enough.

Mew's EVs here make him a physical wall of sorts, while still having plenty of speed to beat most other walls. The goal of Mew is to taunt the opposing poke, then proceed to burn or switch out to something to better handle it.

Now to the move choices. Psychic is for STAB power. Softboiled is what makes this Mew great. The reliable recovery makes this thing tough to take down. I run WoW to cripple some really threatening physical pokes and to obviously get some damage over time to some really defensive others. Finally, Taunt is the main move of Mew on this team. It's the whole reason it fulfills it's goal.

Conkeldurr @ Leftovers
Nature: Adamant [+Atk, -SpA]
Ability: Guts
120 HP / 252 Atk / 138 SpD
-Drain Punch
-Mach Punch
-Bulk Up
-Payback

In Depth:
This is a pretty standard Conk set. Not much special here. He has the fighting dark moves combo with bulk up to become almost unstoppable. With this thing's high HP, high Atk, and decent SpD, it is absolutely a monster. I chose him because of his synergy with this team, along with his extraordinary power.

I have adamant to give that extra bit of power. Guts is amazing, because if I can predict a WoW, it's game. No more chance for the other team unless he or she has a really good check to Conk like Gliscor. The EVs are about as standard and bland as they get, but they do work. This gives Conk just enough bulk and SpD to absorb hits and regain life with Drain Punch.

Speaking of Drain Punch, it is one of the reasons Conk is so good. Free health from a STAB attack move = YUM. Mach Punch also let's him be a pretty decent revenge killer at times. Bulk Up let's him set up to absorb physical and special hits pretty well. The attack boost is pretty good too haha. Finally, Payback can make dealing with Reuniclus and other psychics a bit easier, even if I'm not always guaranteed to with a 1on1 with it. A lot of people try to leave a psychich in on Conk and set up thinking they can live a payback if he has it or expecting a switch, but payback can OHKO most psychics.

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Nature: Calm [+SpD, -Atk]
Ability: Flash Fire
252 HP / 58 SpA / 200 SpD
-Flamethrower
-Earthpower
-Hidden Power [ice]
-Roar
In Depth:
The sun counter / special wall of my team is in the first picture directly above the text. Yes, it is Heatran. This Tran is my answer to dragon types and my phazer.

The EV's of this Heatran give it enough bulk and SpD while still giving it some decent SpA power. I like Air Balloon because I don't like switching in on a bad prediction and getting EQ'd or E-powered right out of the game.

Fire Blast is always preferred due to the high power. No, I don't want Lava Plume. Earthpower is for more coverage and to take care of other Heatrans if I can. HP Ice let's me deal with Dragons, especially specially offensive ones. Finally, Roar is such a needed move to me. I hate not having a phazer, for it can often cost me the match entirely. Roar ruins most Baton Pass teams.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Nature: Relaxed [+Def, -Spe]
Ability: Iron Barbs
252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
-Gyro Ball
-Protect
-Leech Seed
-Stealth Rock
In Depth:
Ferro is good on this team. I need to try out Forretress soon, but right now I'm sticking with Ferro. He is here for hazards and sometimes dragonkilling along with Heatran. Most of the time the only poke that's threatened by Ferro is a Haxorus locked into outrage, but it's still handy.

These EV's are pretty common, nothing too special. This gives a good balance of defensive and specially defensive bulk. with this nature, ferro has a defense of 352. Dang. I was thinking about also trying Empoleon over her, because it still gets Stealth Rock for hazards. I'm not sure yet though.

Gyro Ball with the 0 spe IVs is very good on Ferro. Leech Seed is for some good recovery, with protect to stall for even more health. Protect may be replaced for something else, since it's not NEEDED. I'll probably try something but I don't know what yet. Oh yea, and Stealth Rock is the best move in the game, so that's why she has it right now.

Rotom-w @ Choice Scarf
Nature: Modest [+SpA, -Atk]
Ability: Levitate
6 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
-Hydro Pump
-Volt Switch
-Hidden Power [Grass]
-Trick
In Depth:
Rotom is my speed demon at the moment. Great typing and good stats make him a very viable poke. I had Gyarados in this slot before with scar-moxie combo, but it just didn't work. I was always losing to rock and electric types for some reasons; therefore, I decided to try out Rotom.

These EVs are pretty standard as well for a scarf rotom. Modest is for that extra power compared to the speed. I definitely needed some speed for this team, so here is what I have.

Hydro Pump and Volt Switch is so standard for Rotom it's ridiculus. The STAB of the two and the scouting ability of Volt Switch makes an obvious choice. Trick is to cripple walls or if there's a need to lose the lock of moves in maybe late game. Finally, HP Grass works. I don't think I need HP Ice or HP Fire since I should have plenty to counter what those types cover. I mean, I have 2 fire moves already. I like having a good attack for Ground+Water pokes.

Dragonite @ Leftovers
Nature: Jolly [+Spe, -SpA]
Ability: Multiscale
6 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
-Dragon Claw
-Dragon Dance
-Roost
-Fire Punch
In Depth:
The late-game sweeper/dominant beast. Dragonite's ability and good movepool make it great. I had Haxorus in this spot, but he's just too weak to fill D-nite's shoes. The way I think to use Dragonite is to abuse multiscale. That's always worked or me.

So, I have these EV's, but I think I'll probably change them. I think what I'm going to do is change the nature to a adamant nature and adding a little bit of bulk after taking away a bit of attack. I'd try to keep the attack stat at least 350. Right now it's 367. The way I like to use Dragonite is to set up Dragon Dances and proceed to sweep, especially late-game.

I like this moveset right now. The Dragon Dance and Roost thing helps him survive well while attempting to sweep. Dragon Claw is reliable STAB. Fire Punch YES. With Firepunch, the only thing that really gives Dragonite huge trouble with typing is Heatran due to Flash Fire. Oh, and leftovers over Lum Berry to help get back to multiscale range easier.

So that's the team. Thanks for reading, and any criticism, suggestions, and ideas are greatly appreciated.

I think that once Mew is down, you'll have BIG trouble with entry hazards. Rocks remove Dragonite's Multiscale and can bring down your team with Dragon Tail/Switching move.

I suggest these Poke's:

Offensive:
Starmie @ Leftovers
Nature: Timid
Trait: Natural Cure
EV's: 4 HP, 252 SpA, 252 Spe
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Thunderbolt
-Rapid Spin

This Starmie is pretty much what a person needing a Spinner should try out. His high speed and the ability Natural Cure makes him able to switch in on a Status inducing move, Spin and hit their check/counter. Timid and 252 Speed EV's allows Starmie to out speed base 100 - 110 Pokemon, ESPECIALLY Terrakion which seems to one of the most used Pokemon in teams nowadays. The only thing it fears is a Banded X-Scissor or Scarfed X-Scissor from Terrakion.

Defensive:
Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Nature: Bold
Trait: Liquid Ooze
EV's: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
-Scald
-Toxic Spikes
-Ice Beam
-Rapid Spin

This thing is a BEAST against life leech abusers like opposing ConkelDerp's Drain Punch / Virizion's Giga Drain. The movesets are standard and are used because of Scald's burn chance and Ice Beam's ability to hit fliers/Dragons that attempt to set up on him. Toxic Spikes allows you to Poison Pokes that are immune to Will-o-Wisp. Rapid Spin let's you spin away all opposing hazard abusers hard work. The 16 Spe EV's allows him to out speed Adamant Breloom.

So theres my suggestions. :D.

P.S:
Rotom-W is the spot that i suggest to try switch.

I am just gonna do this quick, um use Recover instead of Softboiled for Mew. Recover has more PP thus you can outstall stuff more.

Hey, I thought I'd bump this to see if anyone else has something to add or change. Anything is appreciated.

You could always try Spikes > Protect since you stated it wasn't needed. I think a Adamant nature would fit better on Dragonite because you're already losing that power by using Dragon Claw instead of Outrage. You could also try out Extremespeed > Roost but it seems to be successful. On Heatran you could also try out Toxic over HP Ice because Dragons don't seem to be that much of a problem and if their locked into Outrage, Ferrothorn has a chance to set hazards up, Leech Seed, or just Gyro Ball them.

maybe replace Flamethrower for Lava Plume on Tran, if you're changing someone for Tenta then use the bulky set for Nite. Nice team

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)