Magmortar @ Choice Scarf
Nature: Modest (+SAtk –Atk)
252 Spe / 252 SAtk / 6 HP
Ability: Flame Body
~ Fire Blast
~ Thunderbolt
~ Hidden Power Ice
~ Focus Blast
Magmortar leads off my team, and does a great job at countering most other leads such as Gyarados, Azelf, Gengar, Bronzong, and Weavile. I can surprise Gyarados leads with a Scarfed Thunderbolt, while Azelf and Gengar are OHKO’d by STAB Fire Blast (As long as it doesn’t miss). Weavile easily gets KO’d by Focus Blast, and Bronzong is taken down by Fire Blast before it can sleep me. Even if Fire Blast misses on Bronzong, it still can’t touch me if it doesn’t pack Earthquake. After Magmortar does its business early on, I can bring it back in for a late-game sweep, or a surprise revenge kill.

Metagross @ Choice Band
Nature: Adamant (+Atk –SAtk)
252 HP / 244 Atk / 14 Def
Ability: Clear Body
~ Meteor Mash
~ Earthquake
~ ThunderPunch
~ Bullet Punch
Metagross helps out my team by providing a counter for many common threats. Weavile can barely scratch Metagross, and I can OHKO back with a STAB Meteor Mash or priority Bullet Punch. Clear Body helps suppress Intimidates from Gyarados and Salamence, giving it a way to hit hard withput an Attack drop. I can OHKO Gyarados with ThunderPunch, so he is definately not a threat to my team. Earthquake helps against other Metagross and Electric types, while Bullet Punch gives me a good STAB priority move to finish off weaker opponents. Metagross is one bulky sweeper that can help out with many threats.

Salamence @ Life Orb
Nature: Rash (+SAtk –SDef)
120 Atk / 252 SAtk / 136 Spe
Ability: Intimidate
~ Brick Break
~ Draco Meteor
~ Flamethrower
~ Roost
Salamence is such a great Pokemon because of its unpredictability. Many opponents expect SpecsMence or DDMence, but not MixMence. Breaking walls is as easy as eating candy with Salamence. Blissey thinks she can switch in on my Draco Meteor? Only to be annihilated by Brick Break on the next turn. Draco Meteor helps with other Dragons, and Flamethrower takes care of Steels, Grasses, and Ice Types that threaten Salamence. Crunch helps in breaking walls like Cresselia and Dusknoir, who would wall me otherwise. Salamence is a very effective sweeper in my opinion.

Tangrowth @ Leftovers
Nature: Impish (+Def –SAtk)
236 HP / 246 Def / 28 Spe
Ability: Leaf Guard
~ Knock Off
~ Leech Seed
~ Power Whip
~ Sleep Powder
Tangrowth is a total beast. He packs an impressive 125 Base Defense stat, and a quite good Base 100 HP stat, ideal for a Physical Wall. Knock off ruins any Choice Pokemon, and helps to see what kind of Salamence the opponent has. Leech Seed recovers Tangrowth’s health a little, while stalling the opponent’s health down. Power Whip has an impressive 120 Power, and packs quite a kick with 100 Base Attack and STAB. Sleep Powder bides me some time to set up Leech Seed and Knock Off enemy items. Although Tangrowth has weaknesses to Fire, Ice, and Flying, he packs many useful resists such as a resistance to Earthquake and Thunderbolt.

Spiritomb @ Leftovers
Nature: Careful
252 HP / 252 SDef / 6 Atk
Ability: Pressure
~ Pursuit
~ Sucker Punch
~ Will-O-Wisp
~ Pain Split
Spiritomb is probably the best counter for the most common of Special Sweepers: Azelf, Gengar, Alakazam, Porygon-Z, and Espeon. Spiritomb can easily switch in on those threats and either Sucker Punch predicting them to attack, or Pursuit them on the switch out. Will-O-Wisp cripples Physical Attackers such as Weavile and Tyranitar, while Pain Split, when used at the right time, can restore my HP, and inflict damage on the enemy. Spiritomb is a very sturdy Special Pokemon for my team.

Suicune @ Leftovers
Nature: Bold
252 HP / 252 Def / 6 Spe
Ability: Pressure
~ Rest
~ Sleep Talk
~ Surf
~ Clam Mind
CroCune is probably one of the best status absorbers out there, and can counter Infernape quite nicely for my team. Although it only has one attack, three Calm Minds and STAB can mean death for a neutral hit on an opponent. My team is very vulnerable to status, so I thought a RestTalker would fit in very nicely. Suicune is basically a rinse and repeat strategy in Calm Minding, Resting off the damage, Sleep Talking, and Resting again. Crocune is very effective as a status absorber for my team.

Credit for the second set of pictures goes to Arkeis.

You have built a pretty good and solid team, but the only problem I see is Garchomp. ScarfChomp and YacheChomp can completely rape your team, especially the latter. To counter this problem, I suggest you add Bronzong over Tangrowth since it seems Bronzong can do both while also weakening the Garchomp problem. I suggest you run the standard Bronzong spread of 252 HP / 128 SpD / 128 Def, with a Sassy nature. Your moveset should be Stealth Rocks / Gyro Ball / Explosion / Hypnosis. This way Bronzong can help you out even more by being a Stealth Rock layer, and sleep inducer.

Neither Scarf, nor YacheChomp,"completely rape his team," as he has counters. CroCune will destroy either variation with a CM'ed Surf as Suicune has the bulkyness to outlive Garchomp, not to mention, it has REST for more health. Scarfed Magmortar outspeeds Yache Chomp and can get off 2 HP Ice's before Garchomp can retalliate. ScarfChomp gets locked into an outrage, and BOOM, Metagross hits the field, and can Handle Outraging Dragons. So next time, think carefully before trying to bash his team.

If I could add anything is to take off FireBlast for a move with better accuracy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)